Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      30 (38%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      3 (3.8%)
      Dejan Lovren
      2 (2.5%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      1 (1.3%)
      Alberto Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Lucas Leiva
      4 (5.1%)
      Emre Can
      5 (6.3%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (3.8%)
      James Milner
      7 (8.9%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (1.3%)
      Christian Benteke
      3 (3.8%)
      Joe Allen
      13 (16.5%)
      Joao Teixeira
      7 (8.9%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Voting closed: Feb 06, 2016 09:50:26 pm

Leicester City 2-0 Liverpool: In game and Post match debate

Read 34892 times
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Re: Leicester City 2-0 Liverpool: In game and Post match debate
      Reply #805: Feb 03, 2016 09:40:20 am
      The main thing I've noticed this season and last, to simplify why I don't like our team that much.
      Sounds mad to say that because I spend so much energy and it it seems in vain most of the time.
      Is because they are sh*t at passing, simple passes what a kid could make, the players seem very nervous because surely a professional footballer can pass a simple ball. When it's 11 random players from all over the world then the problem can't be they've all got gammy legs or something.
      Also giving the ball to the opposition when we've just scored, almost as if to give them a chance to get a goal back.

We are the opposite of Barcelona, wasn't this something BR was supposed to be coaching the players to be good at?
      That never worked then. One of many that never turned out to be anything but cheap words.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #806: Feb 03, 2016 09:44:08 am
      The main thing I've noticed this season and last, to simplify why I don't like our team that much.
      Sounds mad to say that because I spend so much energy and it it seems in vain most of the time.
      Is because they are sh*t at passing, simple passes what a kid could make, the players seem very nervous because surely a professional footballer can pass a simple ball. When it's 11 random players from all over the world then the problem can't be they've all got gammy legs or something.
      Also giving the ball to the opposition when we've just scored, almost as if to give them a chance to get a goal back.

We are the opposite of Barcelona, wasn't this something BR was supposed to be coaching the players to be good at?
      That never worked then. One of many that never turned out to be anything but cheap words.

Guarantee you BR has more points on the board just now.....just saying
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #807: Feb 03, 2016 10:16:11 am
      Not selecting man of the match when we lost. Why must we chose when it is clear Vardy was man of the match. It is clear who was bad though, Lovren on the 2nd goal... just how is he second to Vardy on that ball.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #808: Feb 03, 2016 10:25:40 am
      Not selecting man of the match when we lost. Why must we chose when it is clear Vardy was man of the match. It is clear who was bad though, Lovren on the 2nd goal... just how is he second to Vardy on that ball.

the problem started before it came to Vardy.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,175 posts | 524 
      Reply #809: Feb 03, 2016 10:29:47 am
      the problem started before it came to Vardy.

You are right Walt, it started about 7-45 pm !
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #810: Feb 03, 2016 10:31:47 am

You are right Walt, it started about 7-45 pm !

no I think it was 2010 and no not 8.10pm. or more correctly 2007.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,658 posts | 6951 
      Reply #811: Feb 03, 2016 10:56:13 am
      Don't know why but found my LFC v Real Madrid (2009) programme in my lads bedroom last night before our game.

Page 5 was 'A word with the boss' - obviously Rafa at the time.

Headline: "Giant clubs coming to Anfield shows we're challenging for the big prizes".

Some sentences to note, sentences that would have had us then nodding:

"Generally, we know what to do in the Champions League and showed that in the Bernabeu"

"The team was really well organised and everybody had a clear idea of his role."

Last two sentences: "The main thing right now is for us to progress past Real Madrid to the last eight of the Champions League. That would set us up nicely for this weekend's trip to Old Trafford."

We beat Madrid 4-0 and then United 4-1 if I remember rightly.

In the season of Hodgeball we had 35 points after 25 games.  We've currently got 34 from 24 games.

How have we been so badly mismanaged from the top down in such a short space of time.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,789 posts | 574 
      Reply #812: Feb 03, 2016 11:05:49 am
      We are playing too many games, we cant score, certainly cant defend, and we have our best players injured. Not only that we have spent a huge amount of money on players who are young, not the finished article and will go onto better things when we let them go.

The whole business of LFC is F***ing atrocious.

Jürgen needs to be Jesus, Moses and Merlin the magician combined to get us winning the league in the next 3 years.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #813: Feb 03, 2016 11:11:58 am
      Don't know why but found my LFC v Real Madrid (2009) programme in my lads bedroom last night before our game.

Page 5 was 'A word with the boss' - obviously Rafa at the time.

Headline: "Giant clubs coming to Anfield shows we're challenging for the big prizes".

Some sentences to note, sentences that would have had us then nodding:

"Generally, we know what to do in the Champions League and showed that in the Bernabeu"

"The team was really well organised and everybody had a clear idea of his role."

Last two sentences: "The main thing right now is for us to progress past Real Madrid to the last eight of the Champions League. That would set us up nicely for this weekend's trip to Old Trafford."

We beat Madrid 4-0 and then United 4-1 if I remember rightly.

In the season of Hodgeball we had 35 points after 25 games.  We've currently got 34 from 24 games.

How have we been so badly mismanaged from the top down in such a short space of time.

And people still go right out of their way to slag Rafa off. It's a joke. Just read those quotes. Liverpool fans go out of their way to slag him off.

Leicester fans singing that we live in the past. They're not wrong are they?

Not one of those looked like a Liverpool player. Anybody saying any of them did just has to ask themselves if they are clutching at straws and answer honestly.

As bad as I can remember.

The sports side of the club is on its f**king arse and I'm worried that with each sh*te performance and result we're slowly pulling ourselves further away from a position that where a couple of good windows could help us.

I can't envisage the possibility of being able to see a light at the end of a tunnel.

Sh*t.
      viniciusgama1
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 589 posts | 11 
      Reply #814: Feb 03, 2016 11:21:37 am
      Seasons of bad decisions and we're here.

I said this during the match, but I'll say it again: The most annoying thing about this season overall is that we could be better if we had 2 or 3 quality player to play along with Firmino and Coutinho. I could mention Sturridge, but, well, you know...

So, It amazes me how terrible we planned this season. The committee, Rodgers and whoever else is responsible for this should be held accountable for the sh*tty season we're having. We're having the same problems we had last season: No backups(starter) for Sturridge, lack of creativity in our midfield, our defence is terrible. So, how come nobody fixed this?
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #815: Feb 03, 2016 11:39:05 am
      No backups(starter) for Sturridge, lack of creativity in our midfield, our defence is terrible. So, how come nobody fixed this?
      They thought by throwing money at it would fix it , for what we paid for Benteke and the wages he's been paid we'd surely have got a top notch striker with credentials . The way the club conducted their businesss in the summer was dreadful , the bolloxing around with Villa and also keeping Rodgers on was a massive mistake . Why did they give Rodgers the signing on Benteke if they had an idea he's be replaced with Klopp . Seriously brain dead move and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #816: Feb 03, 2016 11:45:21 am
      They thought by throwing money at it would fix it , for what we paid for Benteke and the wages he's been paid we'd surely have got a top notch striker with credentials . The way the club conducted their businesss in the summer was dreadful , the bolloxing around with Villa and also keeping Rodgers on was a massive mistake . Why did they give Rodgers the signing on Benteke if they had an idea he's be replaced with Klopp . Seriously brain dead move and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Throwing money at a problem usually will solve it. Our problem is we've been throwing money in the air and hoping it hits the problem on the way down. It's nothing short of total mismanagement, albeit mismanagement of a different sort than the last lot.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #817: Feb 03, 2016 11:48:29 am
      The quality just isn't there. Simple as that.

The club must be ruthless in the summer and get rid of all the deadwood, even if some players ocassionaly are making a good game, that is the exception, the rule is that they are crap.

We need to get rid of the following players if we want to achieve something in the near future and not waste another year: Lovren, Sakho, Moreno, Enrique, Skrtel, Allen, Lallana, Milner, Benteke, Balotelli, Toure, Mignolet, Sturridge, Ibe, Ilori.

The only players who can do a job here and can improve in the future: Clyne, Flanagan, Gomez, Lucas, Henderson (barely), Can, Coutinho, Firmino, Ings, Markovic, Origi.

And we need a new captain, a player who can be a leader.

I'd add Henderson to the list of players to be shipped out, I've never liked him as a player, I just can't see what he does apart form run around like a headless chicken and Can needs to start improving quickly unless he wants to join the list but I think players like him are affected by the shitness of Milner, Henderson and Lallana.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,300 posts | 766 
      Reply #818: Feb 03, 2016 12:15:51 pm
      Too many mediocre players, create a mediocre team. The last three games without a goal in open play says it all.
      viniciusgama1
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 589 posts | 11 
      Reply #819: Feb 03, 2016 12:17:55 pm
      Henderson could be helpful. Don't think he has the quality or the style to be what Gerrard was to us, but he could be useful playing along with a playmaker, like Gerrard is.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #820: Feb 03, 2016 12:30:43 pm
      Paying the same amount for 5 young players instead 2 or 3 quality players is FSG's modus operandi. They will never change. 
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #821: Feb 03, 2016 01:17:14 pm
      Paying the same amount for 5 young players instead 2 or 3 quality players is FSG's modus operandi. They will never change. 

how many of their signings from 2011 are now world beaters ? they are the source of the problem it all starts with them and their vision for the club which actually nobody seems to know. Do they want us to win the league or the CL ?
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #822: Feb 03, 2016 02:08:39 pm
      how many of their signings from 2011 are now world beaters ? they are the source of the problem it all starts with them and their vision for the club which actually nobody seems to know. Do they want us to win the league or the CL ?
      These owners could easily bring back the money ball project if Leicester win the league . After all the money pumped in " and it has been spent in vast amounts " Their system is all wrong , the scouting or lack of it , relying too much on technology to find players that fit . Ill fated decisions on hiring and firing managers , the list is endless .

bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #823: Feb 03, 2016 02:11:10 pm
      5 young players on 50,000 a week each or 3 top drawer at 150- 200,000 a week , that's the way their looking at it .

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #824: Feb 03, 2016 03:03:09 pm
      Henderson could be helpful. Don't think he has the quality or the style to be what Gerrard was to us, but he could be useful playing along with a playmaker, like Gerrard is.

I agree, Hendersons best asset is his engine. He can run and run and run and run. But that's it. There is no footballer there at all. I see every week loads of reds going on about how he can pass and shoot and all this, no idea what they've been watching.

The expectation and pressure is all Jordan now that he is captain and we need more goals, more assists, more tackles from him. We need him to drive the team forward. To win games for us. To take some F***ing responsibility. But he doesn't. To be honest, he is a bit of a shithouse.

Jordan is a sheep, not a wolf. And we need some F***ing wolves in our team.

The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #825: Feb 03, 2016 03:12:57 pm
      I'd rather Arsenal or City won the PL over Leicester. Why? Because even with world class strikers in Luis and Studge we blew it. So how can Leicester possibly win it with no world class players? It's not embarrassing losing to Arsenal or City. Without meaning any disrespect, it is to Leicester, even though they have a top manager and good players with the right attitude.
      Right now there are only Four Premier League strikers that I rate, in order:- Aguero, Vardy, Giroud and Kane.... Give me any one of them all day long and with the chances in and around the box we have created in games we would be sitting in third or fourth place right now.. as for Leicester not being "World Class", they made us(LFC) look like a conference side... What is it that the pundits like to say "when you play against a team of that level, one mistake and you'll be punished"...I would like to point out that we were the ones being punished for those mistakes
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,039 posts | 3352 
      Reply #826: Feb 03, 2016 03:13:23 pm
      F***ing hell that was painful. We were sh*t, again. We were toothless up front, again. We were shambolic at the back, again. It's getting to the point of predictability, watching us right now. It's painful to see the greatest club in the world to what we are now. Players just not giving a sh*t if we win, lose or draw.

There was no redeeming qualities about yesterday's performance, other than it's over.

Mignolet - made a couple of decent saves, and yet he still doesn't seem to grow in confidence and results in flapping at the ball whenever it's crossed in the air. Probably though, our best player on the night. That's how bad we were.

Clyne - was our best defender on the night, not that the competition was particularly stiff. Might not be everybody's cup of tea but it was a solid dependable full back performance. Neither Albrighton nor Gray really caused him major problems.

Lovren - undoubtedly gets the flack for the goals, a bit like Mignolet in his reputation goes before him. Yeah he should have done a lot better with both, neither should of got down to him if others in the team could actually do the job. Still though, Dejan was once again very shaky and looked unsure all night.

Sakho - well he was sh*t wasn't he. Vardy just strolled off him for the first goal, I don't know what he was actually doing for that one. And the second, just put your F***ing head through it. First rule of defending, don't let the ball bounce. Another of those who should be out the door in the summer.

Moreno - how this lad keeps his place is beyond me. Throw Smith there, throw Flanagan there, F**k it throw Enrique there. Anybody but Albert right now. Does Klopp really need another four months of persisting with him to see he's not up to the task?

Lucas - I don't know what else he was meant to do. My understanding of the "holding" midfielder is they sit deepest, well I saw Lucas get forward a sight lot more than Henderson, Can, even Milner and Lallana yesterday. He at least looked like he cared.

Henderson - I've always been one of those who saw something in him but F**k me, I'm questioning it now. He gave us absolutely nothing yesterday. Didn't even try to give us anything. If it fails, fair enough but at least F***ing try. He was a sh*t version of a sh*t Jordan Henderson.

Can't - he can just F**k off once and for all. Gave the ball away about 5 times in the opening 5 minutes, his shots were closer to the Filbert Street goals than those at the Walker stadium (it's not called that any more is it?). Lost the ball by poncing about with it that led to their first goal.

Milner - waste of time bringing him to Liverpool, never rated him at any stage of his career. But I must admit, I didn't realise he was actually this poor.

Lallana - he's sh*t.

Firmino - done F**k all, all F***ing game except give the ball away. He's had his purple patch.

Benteke - time has run out, ship him off. Take a loss because we're not gonna get 32 million for him but that's tough. Just hasn't worked out here.

Allen - made more of an impact than any other midfielder in a Liverpool shirt. I don't rate Joe Allen in the slightest and would have him out the door with the rest in the summer but his form of late deserves a start, especially more than Can.

Teixeira - F**k it, give him man of the match. He had more of an impact than any of the others and he was only on the pitch for a handful of minutes.

Just a sh*t performance. But these are becoming so F***ing regular that it's not just a sh*t performance any more but it's a regular performance.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #827: Feb 03, 2016 03:31:04 pm
      To pick up on what stuey said

Entirely toothless display, we do not have anyone in front of the onion bag that inspires confidence.

Can you imagine being a Liverpool player these last few PL games and the team is struggling for a goal. Firmino is running hot and cold, Lallana dancing in circles, Milner and Henderson running around like headless chickens and creating nothing, and Ibe just running into walls. You look to the bench for a sign. Some hope,inspiration and movement up front on the pitch, and you see "The Big Belgium Lump" taking off his take suit.. As a player your heart must sink

Quick Reply