Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 19th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W8 D1 L0

Liverpool 2-2 Sunderland: In Game and Post Game Discussion

Read 31884 times
      dflfc1
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts | 18 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Sunderland
      Reply #644: Feb 06, 2016 05:21:33 pm
      I would take any Championship keeper over Mignolet right now.

That worked out well with Bogdan didnt it.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,541 posts | 1534 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #645: Feb 06, 2016 05:21:50 pm
      Didn't watch the match, but Le Tissier did and he was at a loss as to how that match finished a draw

I think I gave up on this season after Utd beat us. I think I've accepted this season is just one big training session for the manager to see what he has to work with.

Summer will be interesting for sure
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #646: Feb 06, 2016 05:22:06 pm
      how many goals are now directly responsible to Mignolet
      Was wondering the samething myself
      « Last Edit: Feb 06, 2016 05:48:40 pm by The Real Donavan Ried »
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #647: Feb 06, 2016 05:22:17 pm
      Wasn't it Migs who kept us IN the cup?
      Yes, after he didn't make a save in Normal time and we lost. I hardly call that good goalkeeping.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #648: Feb 06, 2016 05:22:35 pm
      This is as bad as the Hodgson days. It really is.

points-wise it's worse
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #649: Feb 06, 2016 05:23:01 pm

I know what you mean at 2-0 the game was NAILED ON !
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,605 posts | 166 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #650: Feb 06, 2016 05:24:25 pm
       :mad: :mad: :mad:

I have no word for this!  ???   :-[ :(
      Redangel

• 8,390 posts | 1025 
      Reply #651: Feb 06, 2016 05:25:39 pm
      This bunch need the feelgood factor, their confidence is so fragile.  2-0 we're in cruise control, then the fans walk out singing about greedy b*stards (sentiments I don't entirely disagree with btw), and we stop concentrating, lose motivation, organisation and confidence.  Then Fat Sam's boys see it and think, "Hang on, we're in the game."  All it takes then is Moreno to have another meltdown and Mings to misread the freekick and they're right.

My 2 brothers are season ticket holders and they both decided not to take part in the protest, not because they don't agree with the sentiment, but because they didn't want to do anything that might have an impact on the team. I have just come off the phone to my brother and he was dismayed at how many did walk!
      That is not to excuse the players but they were cruising up to that point, albeit we struggled to score.
      This team is so short of confidence, that while they play for this Club, we really need to back them.
      We do appear to be going backwards, and that is a huge concern, not least because we need some momentum going into the Final and the other two competitions we are still in!

frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #652: Feb 06, 2016 05:26:46 pm
      Yes, after he didn't make a save in Normal time and we lost. I hardly call that good goalkeeping.

Didn't say it was good goalkeeping just reminding you that he kept us IN the cup !
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #653: Feb 06, 2016 05:27:41 pm
      Think most of the players are backwards in their thinking. Utterly disgusted with most of them.
      jonny961
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #654: Feb 06, 2016 05:27:49 pm
      Nightmare. Complete nightmare. Mignolet
      ... well enough is surely enough. Sakho needs defending 101 again. Moreno can't provide a decent delivery, Henderson is useless. I could go on all day. Firmino and ibe only two who even looked like doing anything. The owners must see that their transfer committee is failing, 25mil for a guy with 1 trick or 400thousand for mahrez.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #655: Feb 06, 2016 05:28:17 pm
      Klopp will have to be ruthless from now on. No more hands on the shoulder kind of thing. One poor performance gives you a negative 2 points and gets added up and we see who makes the cut. Those who got shipped out can't blame Klopp, they have to blame themselves for under par performances over a stretch of 38 games. I'd do that if I were Klopp. Klopp needs to be ruthless to be effective.
      designerlfc73
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 42 posts |
      Reply #656: Feb 06, 2016 05:30:55 pm
      18 points behind Leicester City!! Bloody Leicester City, I wouldn't say they had better players than we do. It's all about attitude, passion and determination. It's about time Klopp stops telling them and us that results don't matter and it's the performances he's really looking at. This current squad is a bunch of spineless, pampered, over paid, clueless idiots! A world class keeper needs to be top of the shopping list in the summer along with a central defender and holding midfielder. If Mignolet is still in goal by the start of next season, I'm off!! There's no point, having him in goal is like trying to play with only one leg!!  :f_steam: :f_steam: :f_steam:
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #657: Feb 06, 2016 05:30:56 pm
      I think over the course of the whole season every one of them has been sh*te.

Don't know about that really, it's been a odd season in ways but at the point that the leagues the strangest I've ever seen it.
      Our season has been crap but we're still in cups.
      every player hasn't been crap but something has changed even worse than with Brendan, these players are worried or something, I don't know, I can't put my finger on it but they haven't been sh*te.
      We don't play as a team that are used to where another person may run etc
      everyone is playing for themselves, that's strange in a team sport.
      There are players I just want to see the back of, I won't make a point of it too often but it may happen that I will.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #658: Feb 06, 2016 05:32:19 pm
      Nightmare. Complete nightmare. Mignolet
      ... well enough is surely enough. Sakho needs defending 101 again. Moreno can't provide a decent delivery, Henderson is useless. I could go on all day. Firmino and ibe only two who even looked like doing anything. The owners must see that their transfer committee is failing, 25mil for a guy with 1 trick or 400thousand for mahrez.

Won't be 400k when we inevitably go in for him in the summer. More like 35m.

We're going to see a lot of unheard of players coming in at Anfield, much like at Dortmund when Klopp was building his legacy there. Players with talent and desire, and who will knuckle down and do everything to win. In fact, the polar opposite to these charlatans.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #659: Feb 06, 2016 05:33:06 pm
      My 2 brothers are season ticket holders and they both decided not to take part in the protest, not because they don't agree with the sentiment, but because they didn't want to do anything that might have an impact on the team. I have just come off the phone to my brother and he was dismayed at how many did walk!
      That is not to excuse the players but they were cruising up to that point, albeit we struggled to score.
      This team is so short of confidence, that while they play for this Club, we really need to back them.
      We do appear to be going backwards, and that is a huge concern, not least because we need some momentum going into the Final and the other two competitions we are still in!

From what I saw there is no doubt that the players KNEW what was going on and I genuinely believe it distracted them. Before 77 minutes we were really comfortable - I would have bet on us getting a third in fact. It was so so comfortable at 2-0 and completely deserved on the performance up until that point. Then from around the time the fans started to walk out we started to let the ball bounce, gave away stupid free kicks, passing all over the place, disjointed movement - jittery as hell. 110% sure that the walkout caused this. I think your brothers did a wise thing. I think supporters groups have to think carefully about how and when we conduct protests in the future. If it's going to impact upon the team's performance then don't bother. No way would I seek to compromise the performance of the players. It's rule number 1 as a fan - don't do anything that will undermine the performance of the team.

At the end of the day, people are going to blame Mignolet, Sakho etc for the dropped points. But as I believe the supporters are as much a part of the performance, we have to take complicity in the dropped points as well. It's simple as that really.
      « Last Edit: Feb 06, 2016 05:52:47 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,541 posts | 1534 
      Reply #660: Feb 06, 2016 05:33:12 pm
      Said it before and I'll say it again, they should have brought Klopp in pre season and not 8 games in. Because that helps nobody.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #661: Feb 06, 2016 05:33:39 pm
      Thanks to the transfer committee for today - Mignolet, Moreno, Sakho, Can. Pure terror to the fans.
      I would normally disagree with you about Shako, He's a bit nervous in possession but I would normally say that he is a solid defender, one of our best... BUT THERE IS THE POINT! They have us claiming that this player and that player are great when in fact they are average... So long have we been use to mediocrity that not only a we accepting of it, but we proclaim it a great... Roll on the summer window and lets try to replace as many these mediocre players as we can with a few quality players with real heart,fight and pride in them, and pride in the shirt
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #662: Feb 06, 2016 05:34:39 pm
      Can't help but agree with this and exactly why I've said the pain this season may actually pay off in the future to which we're met with the strange argument that a few class players will make these average ones look better.

That will simply give them somewhere to hide, right now the light is shining on a lot of our 2nd string and they're being shown up exactly what they are, not good enough.

Get better players in of course but when the time is right each and everyone of the ordinary players should be improved upon. You don't get a few class players and then see a bit better from the likes of Lallana/Henderson/Milner etc and think oh look they're better. They aren't, exactly how it was said Suarez/Sturridge/Sterling made these ordinary players look better than they are, that is now again being proven correct. Don't make the mistake when their form takes an upturn to ever believe again that they're good enough because they're not.

The biggest disappointment for me is Sakho, so many have suggested he isn't good enough and I've defended him often but unfortunately that faith looks misplaced right now. He has come back from this injury and looked our worst defender and that is quite some achievement.

Going to be one hell of a summer in my opinion.

Thats where I am too mate. It seems so F***ing hopeless right now but we have to believe that with the return of our better players from injury and the transfer window in the Summer things can get better.

This Summer is going to be huge for the club, we have to start getting this right. Keep losing your best players to our supposes rivals and signing average ones, then the process becomes harder each year.

This has to be the phoenix from the flames stuff because I am pretty low at the moment. Not sure we can have much further to fall before we drag ourselves out of the situation we are in.

As for Sakho i have at times rated him too but it is clear now he can never be trusted to take us forward. Nice guy but a player we can get money for in the Summer to go in the kitty.

Just for the avoidance of doubt, I have now, after everybody else, given up that Mignolet can be a good enough number 1 for this club.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #663: Feb 06, 2016 05:38:49 pm
      Said it before and I'll say it again, they should have brought Klopp in pre season and not 8 games in. Because that helps nobody.

How was that happening again?

Jürgen Klopp to take break after ‘seven emotional years’ at Borussia Dortmund

Jürgen Klopp has announced that he will take a break from management for “the time being”. The 47-year-old, who has been in charge of Borussia Dortmund for the past seven years, has been linked with several clubs, including Liverpool, Real Madrid and Fenerbahce, but has decided to take some time off to recharge his batteries.

“After seven intensive and emotional years of ‘true love’ I think it makes sense to take time to take stock of the countless memories before me and my fellow coaching team embrace a new challenge, fresh and highly motivated,” Klopp said
      http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/01/Jürgen-klopp-break-management-borussia-dortmund
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 342 
      Reply #664: Feb 06, 2016 05:39:11 pm
      Today goes to show three things:

1) Most of our team are good PL players, but few of them are, or will become, great players (we were doing just fine 'til the last 15 mins, as we were against the mancs).

2) Individual and team leadership, confidence, concentration and organisation are the weaknesses on the pitch.

3) As fans, some of us support our team through thick and thin even when they let us down repeatedly, while some of us would prefer to jump on the bandwagon of doom as it trundles through the streets of Liverpool 4, shouting to the rest of us about how they should be worshipped for being proven right. 

We are what we are right now, and if you shell out every week for your ticket and feel robbed, I completely sympathise.  Without the great players our club is used to having play for us, we are a mid-table team.  But we're still Liverpool FC and we've got to keep believing.  I can't get to most games for a host of reasons, but no way will I sit on my sofa and call a man in my team's colours 'sh*te' or wish for him to be injured.  We are two 'great' players and a damn good defensive leader away from challenging for major honours, and Jürgen Klopp knows it.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,541 posts | 1534 
      Reply #665: Feb 06, 2016 05:39:12 pm
      Sturridge didn't come on? Heard he was on the bench
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,541 posts | 1534 
      Reply #666: Feb 06, 2016 05:41:03 pm
      How was that happening again?

Jürgen Klopp to take break after ‘seven emotional years’ at Borussia Dortmund

Jürgen Klopp has announced that he will take a break from management for “the time being”. The 47-year-old, who has been in charge of Borussia Dortmund for the past seven years, has been linked with several clubs, including Liverpool, Real Madrid and Fenerbahce, but has decided to take some time off to recharge his batteries.

“After seven intensive and emotional years of ‘true love’ I think it makes sense to take time to take stock of the countless memories before me and my fellow coaching team embrace a new challenge, fresh and highly motivated,” Klopp said
      http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/01/Jürgen-klopp-break-management-borussia-dortmund
      Fair enough. Let me amend that by saying, bringing a manager in to a new season after 8 games, helps nobody. Perhaps it was unavoidable, but I think we're suffering for it. Hey, perhaps it's a case of short term pain for long term gain

Quick Reply