Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 14th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P15 W6 D4 L5

Walkout 77'!

Read 30250 times
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,537 posts | 1489 
      Re: Walkout 77'!
      Reply #161: Feb 07, 2016 10:45:41 pm
      Fantastic news if true.

Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes
          Liverpool considering a review of elements of their new ticket price structure in light of Saturday's protests at Anfield.

Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes
          Discussions between FSG & senior Liverpool management took place today & are set to continue this week.

Paul Joyce tweeting the same thing
       According to him
      FSG apparently said they where shocked and surprised at the amount of people who walked out and the chants of 'greedy bas**rds enough is enough'
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #162: Feb 07, 2016 10:53:57 pm
      Paul Joyce tweeting the same thing
       According to him
      FSG apparently said they where shocked and surprised at the amount of people who walked out and the chants of 'greedy bas**rds enough is enough'

Good, they needed shocking but it also shows how far away from the fans they are.  Surely after all the negotiating with Ayre he would have suspected a backlash, although after what he said the other day he grossly misjudged the strength of feeling.

It's a start anyway and if it gets them back round the negotiating table the walkout served it's purpose.
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #163: Feb 07, 2016 10:58:31 pm
      Just in case you missed the mention 'christ'.

I responded?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #164: Feb 07, 2016 10:58:34 pm
      Forgive my scepticism Debs but that screams of a rejuggle of the mumbo jumbo they released about the tickets originally with a new tier based load of bollocks designed to confuse and confuddle those who can't or won't delve deeper.

I don't like to use the word hate but all this sh*t makes me. I hate this sh*t.

Oh it could mean absolutely nothing changes Ian but if those tweets are true and they are reviewing it then at least we've ruffled some feathers.  There is still a way for them to come out of this with plenty of brownie points so let's hope they take it.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #166: Feb 07, 2016 11:13:59 pm
      Sorry missed that, I wasn't asking for a motive mate, just a reason for the change of heart? 2008 you were LFC family but now you're anti that.

What happened in seven or so years to turn you from family to what you are now?

what am i now? because i don't agree with the protest? I'm somehow cast away from a club I've supported since i was three years old. Thank the lord Liverpool football club isn't owned by LFC Reds.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #167: Feb 07, 2016 11:20:35 pm
      well done to every fan that walked out yesterday what FSG are sanctioning is wrong plain and simple.
      And all this bollocks about it affecting the result ...ffs it was 2-2 because mignonlets goalkeeping was as diabolical as Sahkos defending .
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #168: Feb 08, 2016 12:18:07 am
      Arsenal fans will walk out at 100 mins
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #169: Feb 08, 2016 01:31:44 am
      what am i now? because i don't agree with the protest? I'm somehow cast away from a club I've supported since i was three years old. Thank the lord Liverpool football club isn't owned by LFC Reds.

A supporter since the age of 3 eh? Just out of curiosity, what player do you remember from that age? And I do mean your first real memory.

lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,878 posts | 704 
      Reply #170: Feb 08, 2016 02:07:33 am
      Quote from Shabs
      At a cost to the local supporters who are the cornerstone of the club.

It will cost them nothing. Many of them are st holders, so they don't need to fork out on hospitality rates.

This is nothing to do with pricing the ordinary fan away from the game, this is maximizing revenue from the more glamorous games, as already happens. That is standard procedure across Europe and elsewhere.

The majority of the locals won't need it, so it's not a lot to do with them. It's the people who can't go often who will buy those tickets. Considering most of them are on match/travel/overnight/weekend packages, they won't have a major issue with the increased rates. Given what they cost now, what's another 30 quid?
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #171: Feb 08, 2016 05:18:55 am
      It will cost them nothing. Many of them are st holders, so they don't need to fork out on hospitality rates.

This is nothing to do with pricing the ordinary fan away from the game, this is maximizing revenue from the more glamorous games, as already happens. That is standard procedure across Europe and elsewhere.

The majority of the locals won't need it, so it's not a lot to do with them. It's the people who can't go often who will buy those tickets. Considering most of them are on match/travel/overnight/weekend packages, they won't have a major issue with the increased rates. Given what they cost now, what's another 30 quid?

You're right it's all about maximizing revenue, so why not charge £200 per ticket and £50 a burger, think how much revenue we could make then!

I have to laugh when you have someone like you from Ireland who the ticket prices won't be affecting, justifying why the people that will be going regularly should pay ridiculous prices!
       It no surprise since 90% of your posts go against popular opinion anyway, it's almost like it's intentional!!!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #172: Feb 08, 2016 08:28:01 am

Get your facts straight before spouting sh*te. 

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Reply #173: Feb 08, 2016 09:09:49 am
      JWH&Co are to hold urgent talks to review their ticket prices after a walk out by thousands during the draw with Sunderland on Saturday.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/641930/Liverpool-owners-Fenway-Sports-Group-urgent-talks-over-ticket-prices-protests-News-Gossip
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #174: Feb 08, 2016 09:21:47 am
      FSG hold talks with Liverpool officials over proposed ticket prices
      Fenway Sports Group and Liverpool's senior management team have held talks over whether to review the new ticket price structure, according to Sky sources.

More to follow..
      http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/10160127/fsg-hold-talks-with-liverpool-officials-over-proposed-ticket-prices
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Reply #175: Feb 08, 2016 09:40:08 am
      Spirit Of Shankly has warned there will be further demonstrations during the matches against Citeh and Chelsea.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/liverpool-fan-protest-further-demonstrations-planned-for-chelsea-and-manchester-city-fixtures-a6859416.html

JWH&Co may possibly realise events could escalate with supporters actually refusing to go anywhere near the turnstiles and demonstrating outside the ground on match-days - Saturday's walk out is the thin end of the wedge. 
      « Last Edit: Feb 08, 2016 10:04:54 am by stuey »
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #176: Feb 08, 2016 10:17:01 am
      It's the 'I'm alright jack, pay the prices' attitude, that's not really LFC family orientated is it? It's more "F**k you brothers and sisters".

No solidarity, no family.

It's pointless mate, you either "get it" or you don't.

As for the walkout itself, as I posted last night, those you thought it was a pointless excercise and that it wouldn't make any difference, well it's being reviewed already by the higher ups who are said to be shocked by it and the chants of "you greedy bas**rds, enough is enough".

How can they be shocked by the reaction after over 12 months of "negotiating" with fans groups, only to go ahead and increase the prices anyway?  They clearly haven't been listening like they said they would.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,613 posts | 7142 
      Reply #177: Feb 08, 2016 10:23:34 am

what you are is incredibly selfish and if you cant see that you need to go and reflect as to why you don't seem to understand what this is about.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,537 posts | 1489 
      Reply #178: Feb 08, 2016 10:23:59 am

As for the walkout itself, as I posted last night, those you thought it was a pointless excercise and that it wouldn't make any difference, well it's being reviewed already by the higher ups who are said to be shocked by it and the chants of "you greedy bas**rds, enough is enough".

How can they be shocked by the reaction after over 12 months of "negotiating" with fans groups, only to go ahead and increase the prices anyway?  They clearly haven't been listening like they said they would.

Exactly debs,12 months of negotiations with the fan groups  and it takes a protest before they sit up & listen,it really didn't have to come to that if they just had compassion instead of apathy.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,613 posts | 7142 
      Reply #179: Feb 08, 2016 10:29:28 am
      Exactly debs,12 months of negotiations with the fan groups  and it takes a protest before they sit up & listen,it really didn't have to come to that if they just had compassion instead of apathy.

it also shows we don't have to just sit there and accept their bullshit. Those pictures went around the world and it made them look like greedy rich men trying to squeeze the fans as much as they can. They will not want those pictures to happen again because self image to these people is far more important than a few more pound on tickets. Well done to all those who left and to those who stayed behind and made some noise about this.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #180: Feb 08, 2016 11:05:31 am

It certainly didn't mate.

It does make you wonder who made such a clusterfuck decision though. 

Last week word had it that it was Boston who pulled the plug on what had been proposed and agreed with the fans groups, then Ayre basically ridiculed and laughed it off with such arrogance on Friday, which probably tipped 1000s over the edge and into agreement on the walkout.

Now the reports coming out of Boston are that they're shocked by the response from the fans.

So did Ayre take it upon himself to not honour the agreement but make out it came from Boston?  Did he not realise and warn them there would be a reaction?  Did he really believe that the walkout wouldn't happen or that it would just be a few and could be brushed away?

If he did then he's totally miscalculated the situation which shouldn't happen to the CEO of any Company.

This could be a golden opportunity for the Owners if they get their next move right, let's hope they take it.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #181: Feb 08, 2016 11:06:32 am
      Just hope this time the hierarchy are actually going to open their ears...
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #182: Feb 08, 2016 11:18:28 am
      All well and good saying that if you aren't one of the ones who ends up paying 77 quid every two weeks to watch Simon Mignolet play football.

He plays football????
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Reply #183: Feb 08, 2016 11:19:40 am

The only people they listen to is their accountants mate, the fiscal implication to LFC&Co is obviously concerning some Uriah Heep character in Boston.

Quick Reply