Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Mignolet
      1 (0.9%)
      Flanagan
      2 (1.8%)
      Ilori
      5 (4.5%)
      Lucas (C)
      72 (64.3%)
      Smith
      3 (2.7%)
      Stewart
      6 (5.4%)
      Chirivella (Pedro)
      4 (3.6%)
      Ibe
      0 (0%)
      Coutinho
      6 (5.4%)
      Teixeira
      0 (0%)
      Benteke
      6 (5.4%)
      Sturridge
      7 (6.3%)
      Origi
      0 (0%)
      Milner
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 108

Voting closed: Feb 10, 2016 10:27:31 pm

West Ham 2:1 Liverpool (AET): In Game & Post Game Discussions

Read 39292 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Live: West Ham V Liverpool
      Reply #1012: Feb 09, 2016 10:29:41 pm
      So you would have played Coutinho for the 120?
      Maybe not Coutinho actually, forgetting he just came back from injury... but Tex could have stayed on and Milner could have got on.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,725 posts | 7164 
      Reply #1013: Feb 09, 2016 10:29:54 pm
      So you would have played Coutinho for the 120?

its like shooting fish in a barrel he has two points of view Mignolet or klopp and that's it.
      grewalge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,087 posts | 82 
      Reply #1014: Feb 09, 2016 10:29:55 pm
      Sturridge got a run out without injuring himself. 

I would wait till the presser, won't be surprised if he boss says hes picked something up again
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,890 posts | 6822 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1015: Feb 09, 2016 10:30:21 pm
      Can't remember the amount of times I wrote during the match stupid FK. It's not Lucas fault we loss I blame that solely on Nenteke but f**k me that ball was out on the right wing with seconds to go, don't do anything stupid or give the ref a chance to give them a FK.  F***ing SHATTERED.
      « Last Edit: Feb 09, 2016 11:05:37 pm by AussieRed »
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1016: Feb 09, 2016 10:30:23 pm
      Dumped out of the cup after a decent display. Third loss of the season to these shitehawks.

Wish this season ended yesterday.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1017: Feb 09, 2016 10:30:30 pm
      Maybe not Coutinho actually, forgetting he just came back from injury... but Tex could have stayed on and Milner could have got on.

Milner did come on...
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #1018: Feb 09, 2016 10:30:39 pm
      £32 million pound of offal. when you think of the great Liverpool CF and then you see a performance like that 9 chances not even close never want to see him in a Red shirt again

He's F***ing utter gash! Take his name off that no.9 shirt ASAP.

Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #1019: Feb 09, 2016 10:30:47 pm
      Lucas was excellent.... until he gave that free kick away. I just knew something wouldn't go right with him in central defence, and it was just too good to be true.

Our defence is just a f**king joke - like I said, largely assembled by a hodge podge clusterfuck of cretins in the transfer committee, and the goalkeeper - another committee acquisition - obviously isn't helping.

We lost this in the first half though - I was raging at Benteke, and though he improved somewhat by linking well with some players, his missed chances and lack of penetration cost us the game. If we had a decent striker - a fully fit one and not reliant on Sturridge all the time - we would have won this comfortably.

We didn't, and it is the fault of the f**king cretins in the transfer committee buying utter sh*te like Balotelli (and sh*te all up the squad) and Brendan Rodgers horrible mistake of buying Benteke that we are apparently 'robbed'.

We are not robbed - with better management and better recruitment with better personnel up stairs, we would have won it. But since they made mistakes in the past two years, this is the result thanks to their fuckwittery.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1020: Feb 09, 2016 10:30:49 pm
      You shouldn't have bothered mate. 2 people voted for Benteke, pointless.

Opinions are like arseholes, we all have one.
      He's not leading though :D
      Salavaria
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 381 posts | 41 
      Reply #1021: Feb 09, 2016 10:30:54 pm
      The thing is do you blame Benteke? when will Klopp get them blame? Who put Benteke on the team sheet today?

Seriously, you're blaming Klopp already? Is there anything about this club that you like?
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,508 posts | 2871 
      Reply #1022: Feb 09, 2016 10:30:54 pm
      Absolutely brutal way to go out but hey it happens. We got through one the other week against Stoke but we came up just short this time (strangely we went out the time we played better!). Had those chances fallen to Sturridge we would have got through this one as well.

A lot of encouraging signs tonight though which we need to focus on. Lucas, despite the error at the end, was absolutely immense and he has presented us with a short term solution to our defensive problems. Chirivella and Stewart impressed in the midfield and look like they could step as squad players for next season. Sturridge looked threatening every time he got on the ball, shame the chances couldn't fall his way tonight!

If we get Coutinho, Firmino and Sturridge on the pitch together then it will start to come together for us. Hopefully we can do that for Augsburg and the cup final.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1023: Feb 09, 2016 10:31:07 pm
      no he didn't we shouldn't have even got to extra time if that big useless lump had put away half his chances no way can Lucas be blamed what about all those tackles he made breaking up goal scoring chances.

Ah ye but we didnt and he did cost us a game. This is not ifs buts or maybes.... this is a fact... His stupidity led to a goal.

All I want is our lads to use their brain. Whats our biggest weakness? Set piece maybe? 2mins left in the game... Carroll and Collins on.... You having a laugh......

Just thick
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #1024: Feb 09, 2016 10:31:27 pm
      Lucas plays well for 120mins but like most of our players is brainless and learnt nothing during the game that the homer ref will penalise you for the slightest touch.

Benteke has proved beyond doubt we have spunked £32M.

That ref wasn't a homer.

He was letting all sorts go. He was just plain bad not biased.

Lucas does those kinds of fouls all the time. The lad dives but Lucas has a long, storied history of giving away dangerous freekicks.

Still, Benteke is worse than a bout of food poisoning. Can't wait till he is gone, albeit a  hilariously massive Liverpool loss.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #1025: Feb 09, 2016 10:31:35 pm

And would you still have blamed Klopp if we lost anyway?

We lost because of an individual mistake in the last minute of extra time.
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #1026: Feb 09, 2016 10:31:40 pm
      In fairness to Benteke, in training he is up against Mignolet, so the standard isnt exactly testing now is it?
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #1027: Feb 09, 2016 10:31:48 pm
      The thing is do you blame Benteke? when will Klopp get them blame? Who put Benteke on the team sheet today?

That's another one on the ignore list. WUM.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1028: Feb 09, 2016 10:32:01 pm
      actually, forgetting he just came back from injury

That is your problem Rip....forgetting and thinking...try learning to do both before you post; it may improve the quality of them

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1029: Feb 09, 2016 10:32:15 pm
      Migs: Did he do anything apart from kick it out, punch the one he should have caught and shout "away!" all match, not to my knowledge. 5/10

Flanno: Thought he was well off the pace early and only came into a little but should never have let the cross get in for their first 5/10

Illori: Did alright, was also guilty of letting the cross get in but some nice challenges, was from his side that the header was scored at the end, think 3 of them were marking him and nobody got close. 6/10

Lucas: Immense, the cruelty of the game that his is the error that will live longest in people's memory. He was outstanding on the night and doesn't deserve that kind of thing, he bailed so many people out and nobody was there to return the favour. 8/10

Smith: Great going forward, sh*t at the back. Probably should think about him playing further forward, Origi should never play LW if Smith is an option put it that way. 6/10 (8/10 for offence 4/10 for defence)

Stewart: Did well but I think his stamina went early and by the end he simply couldn't even jump and was one culpable for the challenge with Ogbonna 7/10

Chiravella: Metronome type player, keeps it ticking and rarely gives it away, tidy performance for his debut but was really struggling by the end. 6/10

Tex: Did alright but not quite as good as his recent game, needs to kick on and have more of an impact. 6/10

Coutinho: Looked off the pace but hit the post and scored, great to have him back 6/10

Benteke: Missing 9 chances including 1v1 and volleys unmarked in the box is just not good enough, people will blame Lucas and the truth is that we should have been out of sight before that even became an issue. The game should have been over in the 90 and there's one reason, this lad simply isn't clinical enough. 5/10

Ibe: F***ing awful, what a shocker, drop him to the U21s. Absolute w**ker for the back heel, did F**k all at either end of the pitch and truly had me fuming at the screen. 3/10

Sturridge: What a difference, unlucky not to score twice, should have been put in at least 3 times with gorgeous movement (twice by Benteke) and it's so good to have him back. 8/10

Origi: A mistake by Jürgen this one, perhaps not who he replaced but he can't play on the left, he just has no way of being effective either going in on goal or taking on a player, must play on the other side. 4/10

Milner: Didn't really do much when he went on 5/10

Klopp: Thought he got it mostly right, was let down again by the usual suspects but think the Origi positioning or sub was wrong in my opinion. Must be so frustrated to watch us be the better team by a mile and go out of the cup, F***ing gutting.

Good game to watch up until that last free-kick  :f_wah:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1030: Feb 09, 2016 10:32:31 pm

Is that because Milner is such a goal machine for us??? I thought Klopp made perfect subs in that game and we would have won if the chances hadn't all fallen to Benteke, I really do feel for the guy but he is in a complete rut, BUT he put in a lot more effort tonight, actually so did the team, it was a much much better team performance.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,725 posts | 7164 
      Reply #1031: Feb 09, 2016 10:32:32 pm
      You shouldn't have bothered mate. 2 people voted for Benteke, pointless.

3 now and we are supposed to be smart fans that was the worst no9 performance I can remember
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #1032: Feb 09, 2016 10:32:50 pm
      We couldn't defend set pieces to save our lives.
      Redangel

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #1033: Feb 09, 2016 10:33:07 pm
      Out of here now, can't be *rsed with the recriminations. Voted for Lucas MOM, he was immense. Better team lost, we move on. Get well soon Jürgen, pity they couldn't get a win for you!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,158 posts | 3385 
      Reply #1034: Feb 09, 2016 10:33:09 pm
      Some F***ing right dickheads on here tonight. I know emotions always run high after a loss, especially one in the dying minutes of a match this like one but F**k me - some of the sh*te being posted.

It's wasn't a stupid foul by Lucas, because it wasn't a F***ing foul. He didn't F***ing touch the pr**k. But that dozy c**t ref was blowing up all night every F***ing time we went near one of them. All F***ing game.

And why did Klopp make the changes he did. Well because Coutinho is recently back from a long lay off, there was no way he was gonna play more than an hour. And Teixeira didn't have any impact at all during the second half. I'm also gonna take a guess that it was always Jürgen's intention to bring off either Stewart or Chirivella during the game. Their fitness was likely to always be the worst of the side due to their lack of playing time.

But I'm not gonna go into the game too much right now, too liable to F***ing blow me lid at some pr**k. And too pissed off to go into it in any great detail.

Quick Reply