Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 10th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P17 W10 D3 L4

Pre Match: FC Augsburg v Liverpool Thurs 18/2 20:05KO

Read 15746 times
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Re: FC Augsburg v Liverpool Thurs 18/2 20:05KO
      Reply #69: Feb 17, 2016 12:46:55 am
      Same team that beat Villa for me.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #70: Feb 17, 2016 07:29:13 am
      Genuinely think we have no chance.

Too many teams have to have a far far worse run in than us and we've won one of the last 6.

We'll finish somewhere between 6th and 10th.

Think we have a chance at 5th, the Scum are going to go into full meltdown mode by the end of the season if they aren't already in it and I can see our form picking up due to the return of so many players, of course the crucial ones being Studge and Coutinho.

Top 4 I resigned any belief that was possible a few games ago, of course I live in hope but it would take a monumental collapse from any of those top 4 and a bit too much of a shift in momentum from us.

Champions League through the Europa will have to do!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #71: Feb 17, 2016 08:00:54 am
      A right kick in the teeth. I get the feeling Jürgen has been really impressed with Stewart. Notable that he was the youngster who was handed his league debut at Villa. Really hope it's not too serious.

I agree mate. 

GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #72: Feb 17, 2016 08:48:41 am
      We're going to win this one.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #73: Feb 17, 2016 10:42:40 am
      I dunno JD, do you not think if we can go on a REALLY good run we're still in with a chance of top4?  9 points behind right now, it is a big gap, but City are starting to look a bit dispirited. I'd still give us an outside chance, with some of the lads that are coming back don't think it's impossible. But we'd need to WIN our next few games. Draw/losses won't cut it... if we can't do that, yep, would start putting more of the big players out for Europa matches

Hard to know what way Klopp will lean, will be interesting to see the side on Thurs...

We have absolutely no chance of coming fourth.

We haven't had a chance in months.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #74: Feb 17, 2016 11:05:07 am

there is still a chance its very slim but its still a chance never the less. this could be a league winning total of less than 80 this season as all top teams are struggling to avg 2 points a game and City could fall apart after we win the League Cup and they fall out of the CL.
      We need a 10 wins on the bounce type of run and with Daniel,Firmino and Couthino in form and firing that's possible but we are probably 100/1 chance.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1802 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #75: Feb 17, 2016 12:56:13 pm

5th is the 1st target, we can get there if we string some wins together, then 4th is on the table again. I think City will fall away now, would be awesome if we beat them in the final and the league. Massive boost for us if we can.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Re: Pre Match: FC Augsburg v Liverpool Thurs 18/2 20:05KO
      Reply #76: Feb 17, 2016 04:13:47 pm
      “We lost Kevin Stewart in training,” Klopp said.

Christ, that sounds like a military officer knocking on the door to deliver the bad news to the parents ;D
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,309 posts | 768 
      Reply #77: Feb 17, 2016 05:20:34 pm
      Not sure of the standard of opposition, think a strong side should be fielded. At least try to win with the second leg so close to the final against City.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #78: Feb 17, 2016 05:35:22 pm
      Not sure of the standard of opposition, think a strong side should be fielded. At least try to win with the second leg so close to the final against City.
      Well, I know exactly what will happen. Klopp will field his best side and we will win 5 or 6 nill etc...... there are no more games for a week after that so we will be nice and rested for the second leg. Since we are so far ahead in the tie we will play a fringe players at home and probably 0-0 or a one nill defeat, but still be far ahead on agg, we will probably have a strong bench for emergencies. Then we still have a rested squad to face city in the cup final 3 days later.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #79: Feb 17, 2016 06:42:01 pm
      Total unknown quantity to me this team we're playing, we've only got two things we can win, the two cups. Full strength or win nothing.

I had to add something here, I'd totally agree with anyone who said to swap the rotation for the more inexperienced and upcoming players to cover the league games, that will be a different learning curve and useful for the future and we could find who is really who. The cups are priority to me.
      People need to be able to celebrate winning some silverware whether they have conned themselves into thinking top 4 is somehow a trophy, it is a boring achievement.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #80: Feb 17, 2016 07:25:20 pm
      These have Alex Manninger on their books, the old Arsenal goalkeeper from the old days
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #81: Feb 17, 2016 07:55:37 pm
      When was the last time we played German opposition in Europe. It wasn't against Bayer Leverkusen in the CL last 16 eleven years ago was it? Surely not??
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #82: Feb 17, 2016 08:10:26 pm
      5th is the 1st target, we can get there if we string some wins together, then 4th is on the table again. I think City will fall away now, would be awesome if we beat them in the final and the league. Massive boost for us if we can.

City aint falling away from top 4, don't talk daft. Still my bet for the title. If we make CL next season then it will be via this tournament.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #83: Feb 17, 2016 08:23:11 pm
      When was the last time we played German opposition in Europe. It wasn't against Bayer Leverkusen in the CL last 16 eleven years ago was it? Surely not??

It was mate. We've faced numerous Italian teams since then but no German teams.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #84: Feb 17, 2016 09:44:13 pm
      It was mate. We've faced numerous Italian teams since then but no German teams.

Ahh I thought so. Incredible to think really! Like the last time we played in Germany in Europe I'm going for a 3-1 victory to us tomorrow night! That particular tie set us off quite nicely as it turned out!
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #85: Feb 17, 2016 11:08:26 pm
      This will be a very tough game,i have that feeling...I would like us not to concede any goals away and than just finish them at Anfield.
      But if we play Firmino,Coutinho and Sturridge from the begining there is no way that Augsburg defence could handle them.
      I know that we usually played with a mixed squad in the group faze,now its the knock out faze,will we play full team?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #86: Feb 17, 2016 11:14:51 pm
      Ahh I thought so. Incredible to think really! Like the last time we played in Germany in Europe I'm going for a 3-1 victory to us tomorrow night! That particular tie set us off quite nicely as it turned out!

I quite like that prediction. I'll go for Firmino first and 3-1. Didn't we win the 2nd leg 3-1 too? I've got the DVD somewhere in my collection.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5018 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #87: Feb 18, 2016 08:05:24 am
      Can't see any reason why Jürgen wouldn't field his strongest X1, we have no game until return leg, luxury for a change, I think it's a given Stu, Cou & Bobby will start,

I think we'll win this comfortably, I reckon we are just hitting form at the right time with Studge & Cou getting fitter & becoming more familiar with Bobby's intricacies,

1-3 mighty Reds, 1 each for our front 3,

YNWA

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #88: Feb 18, 2016 10:00:52 am
      friend of mine is over there. 3 days altogether staying in a hostel all in including flights still cheaper than going to see the Reds at Arsenal by train.
      Got to be a strong line up tonight we need another Villa performance to prove to everyone we can play well for more than 1 game in 6.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #89: Feb 18, 2016 10:32:22 am
      This will be a very tough game,i have that feeling...I would like us not to concede any goals away and than just finish them at Anfield.
      But if we play Firmino,Coutinho and Sturridge from the begining there is no way that Augsburg defence could handle them.
      I know that we usually played with a mixed squad in the group faze,now its the knock out faze,will we play full team?
      Sturridge alone will be a handful for them and he's still not fully fit , he makes a real difference when he plays . If only he could stay fit . Bag a handful of goals early and Klopp can take him off for a rest .

Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #90: Feb 18, 2016 10:34:32 am
      I quite like that prediction. I'll go for Firmino first and 3-1. Didn't we win the 2nd leg 3-1 too? I've got the DVD somewhere in my collection.

We did mate. Won the first leg at Anfield with goals from Garçia, Riise & Hamann and then same in the away leg with goals from Garçia (2) and Baros.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #91: Feb 18, 2016 11:05:39 am
      He has been growing on me young Stewart because he has gone largely unnoticed but he has been doing a good solid job.
      Could he be a direct replacement for Lucas ? As you say he's been doing the job asked of him diligently . It would save Klopp a fortune in transfer fees as well .

Quick Reply