Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 5th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W10 D5 L6

When you dont attend a match, what do you do??

Read 4130 times
      scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John
      • Started Topic

• 430 posts | -12 
      When you dont attend a match, what do you do??
      Nov 03, 2007 08:30:41 am
      If you cant attend a match, what do you do?? Go to the pub? Sit at home with the boys/girls and have a few drinks? Do you have any superstitions or pre-game rituals that you do??

Saffi 7
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts | 17 
      • "...that's why they paid 26 million for him..."
      Re: When you dont attend a match, what do you do??
      Reply #1: Nov 03, 2007 09:13:03 am
      It depends...sometimes I hook up with my mates and we head off to a pub to watch the game, which is a little easier on me to be honest! If I watch the game by myself though, there's definitely a ritual...

I place the scarf and one other jersey (usually the champions league winning one from 05) nearby and I always wear the current seasons home gear. The sound is turned up, everyone else in the house knows its time to leave the TV room and I enjoy the game alone, screaming, cursing and celebrating like I was there...

Absolutely love it!!!  ;D ;D

The Soloist
      • Forum Youth Player

• 18 posts | -1 
      Reply #2: Nov 03, 2007 09:14:06 am
      If you cant attend a match, what do you do?? Go to the pub? Sit at home with the boys/girls and have a few drinks? Do you have any superstitions or pre-game rituals that you do??

Far from the Stadium, What I do here? I put on my Steven G Jersey, hold the muffler in the air and shout "Liverpool Baby!" then its game on! sit with friends in the living room and watch a good game
      scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John
      • Started Topic

• 430 posts | -12 
      Reply #3: Nov 03, 2007 09:39:25 am
      Nothing beats getting the boys over when a massive game hits the tv.....start the bbq, having a few drinks, the surround sound turned up...Standing with my scarf held up high singing YNWA with the rest of the liverpool faithful...nothing beats it, i get goosebumps when i listen to the crowd passionately sing that song!!!

It's even great seeing the girls getting into the match as well, mine and my mates girlfriends look forward to these nights....

YNWA
      The Soloist
      • Forum Youth Player

• 18 posts | -1 
      Reply #4: Nov 03, 2007 10:47:24 am
      Nothing beats getting the boys over when a massive game hits the tv.....start the bbq, having a few drinks, the surround sound turned up...Standing with my scarf held up high singing YNWA with the rest of the liverpool faithful...nothing beats it, I get goosebumps when I listen to the crowd passionately sing that song!!!

It's even great seeing the girls getting into the match as well, mine and my mates girlfriends look forward to these nights....

YNWA

Then when Gerrard pulls one of those outside 18 yards killer strikes that hit home-run! So Sweet! I could taste it.
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #5: Nov 03, 2007 11:10:36 am
      Then when Gerrard pulls one of those outside 18 yards killer strikes that hit home-run! So Sweet! I could taste it.

Mate, a home run is baseball, not football.

Call me a traditionalist, but I like to stick to calling it a goal.
      The Soloist
      • Forum Youth Player

• 18 posts | -1 
      Reply #6: Nov 03, 2007 11:16:14 am
      Mate, a home run is baseball, not football.

Call me a traditionalist, but I like to stick to calling it a goal.

love the slang! using it as a slang. I know its baseball! The idea behind the slang is what's lovely about it.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #7: Nov 03, 2007 11:44:55 am
      love the slang! using it as a slang. I know its baseball! The idea behind the slang is what's lovely about it.

Sory mate, it's not lovely. It's a baseball term, and has no place in football.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #8: Nov 03, 2007 03:16:18 pm
      Pub or Home depending when the game is and how low the Stella supplies are in the fridge  ;) :D
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #9: Nov 03, 2007 04:13:30 pm
      Pub or Home depending when the game is and how low the Stella supplies are in the fridge  ;) :D

Extactly the same as me.  :D
      scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John
      • Started Topic

• 430 posts | -12 
      Reply #10: Nov 04, 2007 12:54:40 am
      Sory mate, it's not lovely. It's a baseball term, and has no place in football.

Dont you thinik your being abit picky there Ed?? Geez, its called a metaphor!!!  And if he wants to use it, and think that is lovely...let him use it...
      I now understand why people on this forum get frustrated with you as you dont let people voice their own expressions, interpretations...and on the occasions where it does occur, and those opinions differ from yours, you belittle them and make them feel wrong for voicing their opinion....What does it matter what he calls it?? To him/her, thats what  they refer to it as....
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #11: Nov 06, 2007 02:26:02 pm
      I now understand why people on this forum get frustrated with you as you dont let people voice their own expressions, interpretations...and on the occasions where it does occur, and those opinions differ from yours, you belittle them and make them feel wrong for voicing their opinion

When have I ever not let someone voice their opinion? There is a big difference between disagreeing with someone & not letting them voice their opinion, this is something that yourself & a few others seem to get mixed up over. Are you saying that I shouldn't be allowed to disagree with people? Surely this would then be stopping me from voicing my opinion? If people can't handle being disagreed with then can I suggest that they're in the wrong place, this is a discussion forum after all.

On a side note, I am very strongly against the Americanisation of football, and make no apologies in trying to stop people using American sporting terms when referring to the beautiful game.
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #12: Nov 06, 2007 03:01:35 pm
      one of those outside 18 yards killer strikes that hit home-run! So Sweet! I could taste it.

and what do you feel when you watch a football game?  :laugh:
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #13: Nov 06, 2007 03:27:31 pm

Careful mate, that sounded distinctly like you weren't allowing someone to voice their opinion :D
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #14: Nov 06, 2007 05:35:24 pm
      Dont you thinik your being abit picky there Ed?? Geez, its called a metaphor!!!  And if he wants to use it, and think that is lovely...let him use it...
      I now understand why people on this forum get frustrated with you as you dont let people voice their own expressions, interpretations...and on the occasions where it does occur, and those opinions differ from yours, you belittle them and make them feel wrong for voicing their opinion....What does it matter what he calls it?? To him/her, thats what  they refer to it as....

I didn't feel the need to take EddieC up on the issue. I call it whatever i choose to: be it a good strike or a 'home run" that he so disagrees with.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #15: Nov 06, 2007 05:38:14 pm

How about writing about what you do? that is what the tread is about ain't it?
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #16: Nov 06, 2007 05:52:44 pm

On a side note, I am very strongly against the Americanisation of football, and make no apologies in trying to stop people using American sporting terms when referring to the beautiful game.

Ain't you being a bit hard on the Americans?
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #17: Nov 06, 2007 05:56:48 pm
      Ain't you being a bit hard on the Americans?

I haven't said anything against Americans, just that I want football to stay as it is without becoming like American sports. Same way as I'm sure they wouldn't like our sporting traditions thrust upon their sports.
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #18: Nov 06, 2007 06:40:03 pm
      How about writing about what you do? that is what the tread is about ain't it?

I was just having a giggle.....you can name it what you like as long as you support LFC  ;D
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #19: Nov 06, 2007 06:42:07 pm
      I was just having a giggle.....you can name it what you like as long as you support LFC  ;D

LFC! And it's for life! Glad we're on the same side
      comeonyoureds
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 139 posts |
      Reply #20: Nov 06, 2007 06:48:30 pm
      I try to wear one of my shirts....which is why im typing this in my shirt!come on you reds!!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #21: Nov 06, 2007 06:51:51 pm
      Indeed comeonyoureds!!

Just a thought on this. If you don't go the match and you watch the game on Sky, does anyone ever put that facility on where instead of listening to the commentary team, you can listen to two opposing fans doing the commentary?
      comeonyoureds
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 139 posts |
      Reply #22: Nov 06, 2007 06:59:16 pm
      Indeed comeonyoureds!!

Just a thought on this. If you don't go the match and you watch the game on Sky, does anyone ever put that facility on where instead of listening to the commentary team, you can listen to two opposing fans doing the commentary?

i put it on once a while ago.wasnt bad.but then again i cant remember if it was for a Liverpool match or not.....;D

Quick Reply