Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      9 (10.8%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      1 (1.2%)
      Lucas Leiva
      11 (13.3%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      7 (8.4%)
      Alberto Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Emre Can
      1 (1.2%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      10 (12%)
      Roberto Firmino
      33 (39.8%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      4 (4.8%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      5 (6%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Joao Teixeira
      2 (2.4%)

Total Members Voted: 80

Voting closed: Feb 27, 2016 08:08:03 pm

Liverpool 1-0 Augsburg: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 25357 times
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Re: Liverpool 1-0 Augsburg: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #483: Feb 26, 2016 10:33:48 am
      Zero chance of beating City with performance like this
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #484: Feb 26, 2016 10:54:28 am
      Morning after the Augsburg game and I can only reflect on what I deem as another poor performance.... don't get me wrong we got through to the next round, which is in the end; is what counts... But anyone out there who believes that on the type of performance with displayed yesterday evening has to be deluded... In Sturridge yesterday we saw the often greedy player of the per Liverpool days who seemed to be trying to over compensate for his lack of goals due to injury instead of the Daniel Sturridge we all know and love.... Coutinho... Is now a one trick when it comes to trying to score from the left, Again don't get me wrong, I would still have him at the club in a heart beat, But he has to add a bit more to his game goal wise... these were only slight annoyances.... My main criticisms I reserve for Jordan Henderson and James Milner....

The amount of times that these two gave the ball away in attack was on forgivable. Henderson crosses the ball into the box with three Liverpool players waiting straight into the goal keepers arm.Who did not even have to advance to receive it. Time and time again ball were over hit or under it from these two..

Milner... A player of vast experience Last throws of the game we are 1-0 up and we have the ball Milner lunches the ball out wide two start an attack....Hold on to the ball, run the clock down F.F.S. move it up field in a controlled manner...

Subs.... I would have liked to see João Teixeira for Henderson instead of Coutinho; and Milner dropped back into a D.M. position I believe it would have given us a little more ingenuity and bite up front and a more security in the middle of the park

Alarm bells should be ringing for us right now
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5018 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #485: Feb 26, 2016 10:59:04 am
      I've been impressed by Milner ever since he came to Liverpool. He has been a breath a fresh air into the Liverpool side, better than Allen, Hendo, Lucas, Lallana, Lucas, Can, Ibe... etc and yet he constantly goes un noticed.

Better than, Allen, Hendo, Lallana, Can & Ibe, but twice better than Lucas  ;),

Didn't have his best game for us last night but all players go through this,just hope he steps it up against his former employees on Sunday eh,!

YNWA
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5018 
      Reply #486: Feb 26, 2016 11:04:27 am
      Morning after the Augsburg game and I can only reflect on what I deem as another poor performance.... don't get me wrong we got through to the next round, which is in the end; is what counts... But anyone out there who believes that on the type of performance with displayed yesterday evening has to be deluded... In Sturridge yesterday we saw the often greedy player of the per Liverpool days who seemed to be trying to over compensate for his lack of goals due to injury instead of the Daniel Sturridge we all know and love.... Coutinho... Is now a one trick when it comes to trying to score from the left, Again don't get me wrong, I would still have him at the club in a heart beat, But he has to add a bit more to his game goal wise... these were only slight annoyances.... My main criticisms I reserve for Jordan Henderson and James Milner....

The amount of times that these two gave the ball away in attack was on forgivable. Henderson crosses the ball into the box with three Liverpool players waiting straight into the goal keepers arm.Who did not even have to advance to receive it. Time and time again ball were over hit or under it from these two..

Milner... A player of vast experience Last throws of the game we are 1-0 up and we have the ball Milner lunches the ball out wide two start an attack....Hold on to the ball, run the clock down F.F.S. move it up field in a controlled manner...

Subs.... I would have liked to see João Teixeira for Henderson instead of Coutinho; and Milner dropped back into a D.M. position I believe it would have given us a little more ingenuity and bite up front and a more security in the middle of the park

Aren't those alarm bells ringing in your ears about how much pish you talk!

Ffs fella give your heid a wobble.

YNWA
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,367 posts | 8618 
      Reply #487: Feb 26, 2016 11:12:47 am
      Zero chance of beating City with performance like this

Didn't we say the same before the Etihad!!

Grow a F***ing set will yers, like F***ing shitbags some of you lot at times.

Bring on those manc bas**rds by the F***ing score!!
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #488: Feb 26, 2016 11:13:29 am

YNWA
      Hi there billy  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      So let me ask you a question... Do you believe playing as we did against Augsburg against another team in the next round we can  advances?... 
      Kopite78
      Reply #489: Feb 26, 2016 11:15:58 am
      Didn't we say the same before the Etihad!!

Grow a f**king set will yers, like f**king shitbags some of you lot at times.

Bring on those manc bas**rds by the f**king score!!

It amazes me how much people seem to not enjoy this at times.

It's f**king depressive

We're in a cup final Sunday, we won last night, f**k me just enjoy it

I don't know if we will win Sunday but I'll f**king enjoy it and I don't for a second think we can't win it.

So let me ask you a question... Do you believe playing as we did against Augsburg against another team in the next round we can  advances?... 

It will be a different game on a different day

Last night will have F**k all to do with it

We went through the last round, let's see who we get next one, a few weeks down the line, our better players back and fitter, games under their belt, hopefully with the confidence of a trophy Sunday.

Let's think of the next round when we get there

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,367 posts | 8618 
      Reply #490: Feb 26, 2016 11:17:13 am

Let me ask you a question, will you all stop being such negative tw*ts?

What happened to some of you F***ing shitebags, no F***ing faith!!

We got the job done last night, that will help the team's confidence, now let's get behind them and tw*t those horrible manc cu*ts all over wembley.

FFS!!
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #491: Feb 26, 2016 11:24:01 am

Going on that display and against a better more clinical side, I'd hazard a guess that we'd get edged out.

However, if these players find fifth gear then there's hope!
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #492: Feb 26, 2016 11:32:58 am

What happened to some of you f**king shitebags, no f**king faith!!

We got the job done last night, that will help the team's confidence, now let's get behind them and tw*t those horrible manc cu*ts all over wembley.

FFS!!

You get annoyed with people for picking fault with our performances and for not sitting with their tinted specs on and others get annoyed with people like you who pretend everything is great when it isn't.

We were the better side last night and we deserved to go through; I don't think anybody is disputing that. But it was another one of those performances which was far from convincing and against better opposition we will eventually get found out. Perform like we did last night against Dortmund and we're out. Its as simple as that. Improvement is needed.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #493: Feb 26, 2016 11:35:11 am

What happened to some of you f**king shitebags, no f**king faith!!

FFS!!

I believe I was talking billy.... But If you believe seeing a fault with how we played, needing a penalty to win the game, A penalty that btw on any other night may not have been given ; as being Negative then you should take off those Red Tinted Glasses..... I will leave "Faith" to those who embrace Religion, I like my football set in the real world. A world where if we have sometime that is wrong, we point it out and fix it....

"What happened to some of you f**king shitebags, no f**king faith!!"
      Sorry to bust your bubble; but Faith does not win games....Players do...Maybe you should find a job as a preacher/Witch Doctor/Shaman...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,367 posts | 8618 
      Reply #494: Feb 26, 2016 11:37:52 am
      Sorry to bust your bubble; but Faith does not win games....Players do...Maybe you should find a job as a preacher/Witch Doctor/Shaman...

I'm not religious it's a F***ing saying you daft tw*t.

You would of walked out at half-time in istanbul wouldn't of you? That's what I was talking about faith, shitbag!! Maybe support Everton, they sound more like your team.

I stayed in the attaturk and had greatest night of my life - so F**k your F***ing bubble!!  ;)

The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #495: Feb 26, 2016 11:40:14 am
      Going on that display and against a better more clinical side, I'd hazard a guess that we'd get edged out.

However, if these players find fifth gear then there's hope!
      Taking nothing away from Augsburg (maybe they are a better side than I am giving them credit for) It seems we are not firing at the moment, which for me is worrying, especially when we have a Cup Final days away... It needs to be addressed a.s.a.p.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #496: Feb 26, 2016 11:42:37 am
      I'm not religious it's a f**king saying you daft tw*t.

You would of walked out at half-time in istanbul wouldn't of you? That's what I was talking about faith, shitbag!! Maybe support Everton, they sound more like your team.

I stayed in the attaturk and had greatest night of my life - so f**k your f**king bubble!!  ;)

F**k f**k f**k, f**k f**k f**k ,f**k  f**k and tw*t,. f**k you Joe Boo!
      « Last Edit: Feb 26, 2016 11:54:33 am by Beerbelly »
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #497: Feb 26, 2016 11:44:24 am
      Taking nothing away from Augsburg (maybe they are a better side than I am giving them credit for) It seems we are not firing at the moment, which for me is worrying, especially when we have a Cup Final days away... It needs to be addressed a.s.a.p.

Maybe we're only able to raise our game given the occasion type team, at the mo.  :-\
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,466 posts | 4591 
      Reply #498: Feb 26, 2016 11:46:17 am
      Job done that's what counts, anyone expecting Klopp to have us performing like Barca without the personnel is deluded..

We had the personnel under Rodgers and squat with it...other than almost...

Last 16 and at this point it's a great position to be in...bring it on & bring on Sunday to tw*t those Manc cu*ts...
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #499: Feb 26, 2016 12:01:16 pm
      I'm not religious it's a f**king saying you daft tw*t.

I stayed in the attaturk and had greatest night of my life - so f**k your f**king bubble!!  ;)
      Is it ME, or do some of you just see/read what you want to see/read?

I am not saying that You are Religious merely that i don't believe having faith,Believing that we are going to win has anything to do with winning....

And for me ANYONE AND I MEAN ANYONE who feel that insulting someone somehow makes their case stronger has already lost the argument

« Last Edit: Feb 26, 2016 12:14:51 pm by The Real Donavan Ried »
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #500: Feb 26, 2016 12:04:41 pm
      Maybe we're only able to raise our game given the occasion type team, at the mo.  :-\
      Yeah! it's funny that.... Someone once said that If we had to play the big teams week in week out we would win the EPL, and If we had to play the smaller team week in week out we would be relegated.... We do seem to save our best games for the top teams
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4408 
      Reply #501: Feb 26, 2016 12:05:46 pm

On last nights display there is at least 10 teams who would beat us easily in the next round.

Let's hope we can improve otherwise it's curtains in Europe.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #502: Feb 26, 2016 12:13:59 pm
      Last 16 and at this point it's a great position to be in...bring it on & bring on Sunday to tw*t those Manc cu*ts...
      No one is disputing that Shabs, what I was saying is that whether you like them or not Henderson and Milner form what ever reason are performing poorly, Maybe we should consider other options,Teixeira,Stewart, Brannagan etc
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,466 posts | 4591 
      Reply #503: Feb 26, 2016 12:17:15 pm
      No one is disputing that Shabs, what I was saying is that whether you like them or not Henderson and Milner form what ever reason are performing poorly, Maybe we should consider other options,Teixeira,Stewart, Brannagan etc

Maybe Klopp requires the experience of Hendo & Milner at this stage of the season in Europe & the final?..
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5018 
      Reply #504: Feb 26, 2016 12:28:00 pm

YNWA

Tbh mate probably not, but we could sneak it, that's possible too, who thought in 2005, we'd be champions,  no f**ker gave us a prayer then did they?

YNWA
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,759 posts | 259 
      Reply #505: Feb 26, 2016 12:51:00 pm
      I am just glad we got thru the tie - onwards and upwords as they say.

A thought:
      How about this Augsburg keeper. He commands his area and looks very good.

I would gladly swap Mignolet for Augsburg keeper. He looks good. Why not buy him and send Mignolet on loan? We can do lot worse then this Augsburg keeper.

Quick Reply