Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 5th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      5 (3.1%)
      Alberto Moreno
      3 (1.9%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      4 (2.5%)
      Dejan Lovren
      81 (50.3%)
      Jon Flanagan
      4 (2.5%)
      Emre Can
      32 (19.9%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (0.6%)
      James Milner
      2 (1.2%)
      Adam Lallana
      2 (1.2%)
      Roberto Firmino
      13 (8.1%)
      Divock Origi
      1 (0.6%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      Christian Benteke
      13 (8.1%)

Total Members Voted: 155

Voting closed: Mar 10, 2016 03:37:21 pm

Crystal Palace 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match points

Read 39392 times
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,289 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Re: Crystal Palace 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match points
      Reply #667: Mar 06, 2016 03:56:39 pm
      Come on WBA
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #668: Mar 06, 2016 03:56:48 pm
      Having a player short for the last 30 mins and came away with 3 points, I've got no reason to moan except for hendo which was shockingly poor.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #669: Mar 06, 2016 04:00:29 pm
      Goalkeeping howler, defender diving in off his feet needlessly... I was getting confused watching that thought we'd swapped shirts or something...
      Jimsouse67

• 9,548 posts | 1495 
      Reply #670: Mar 06, 2016 04:00:44 pm
      A few have picked Lovren for man of the match

I have to say, I thought Moreno had a tidy game too, considering who he was up against

Agree ,,thought sakho had a brilliant game too
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #671: Mar 06, 2016 04:01:38 pm
      Two stand out players in Can and Lovren. But Can in particular that was a leaders performance,  a future Captain in waiting.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,264 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #672: Mar 06, 2016 04:02:39 pm
      Well, utterly F***ing boss day.

St.Helens 10K, done, and now this, seriously not expecting anything from either.

Buzzing is the word, not The Bird, but Buzzing.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #673: Mar 06, 2016 04:09:33 pm
      Two stand out players in Can and Lovren. But Can in particular that was a leaders performance,  a future Captain in waiting.

Absolutely spot on - unbelievable how he's transformed under Klopp. I don't think he's put a foot wrong since Klopp came in.

It was a leader's performance today. Well done Dejan, delighted for the guy - he's a top guy off the field so it's great to see some reward on it.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #674: Mar 06, 2016 04:15:31 pm
      Apparently that's the first time in our history that we've come from behind to win with 10 men.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #675: Mar 06, 2016 04:16:27 pm
      Apparently that's the first time in our history that we've come from behind to win with 10 men.

F**k me that's crazy.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #676: Mar 06, 2016 04:23:41 pm
      My ratings.

Mignolet: Good save in the first half, and while it's true to say he had little chance with the goal it would be nice to see him save one sometimes. Distribution laughably bad, I counted three times after Benteke came on and pulled out tight wing for the diagonal he launched it dead centre and missed him by 50 yards. Unreal. 7/10.

Flanno: One goal saving challenge in the first half which went largely unnoticed on the telly, and generally did OK. Up against it as Adebayor pulled onto his saide for the long diagonal all the time, and unlike us they were actually able to find him. Did Ok though and good to have him back. It appears that Jürgen doesn't fancy him at left back which is a shame as I think him there and Clyne right would be my first two. 7/10.

Lovren: Man of the match by about 8 miles, Rolls Royce of a performance once again. I saw people saying he got "skinned" in the first half and it's the first time I've seen a centre half who is unable to catch a pacy full back who has a two yard start on him being "skinned", but there you go. Won absolutely everything in the air and most things on the ground, they'd obviously discussed Bolasie and decided the best way to play him was to get really tight and not let him face you up. Bolasie is a top player but Lovren played him brilliantly. In the latter part of the game began to even venture forward and show some of the leadership qualities he showed while captain at Southampton. 9/10.

Sakho: Did nothing wrong against good opponents and was in our top three players on the day in my view. 8/10.

Moreno: I suppose given he was against one of the best wingers in the league and probably it's best dribbler, he didn't do too bad. Still impetuous and silly on occasions, but that's his Ronseal attributes coming out. Unlucky with a great shot at the end. 6/10.

Milner: Poor on the ball and countless times had it out wide only to find his options were limited. Not by accident of course as Palace were happy to let us have it there and practically asked us to cross it, but we lacked invention again against two sitters (again). Got his foot in and had no complaints about the sending off, although I thought for the second one he was thrown under the bus a little by his teammates. 5/10.

Henderson: I've never been his biggest fan, but I think it's only fair to cut him some slack as he's clearly playing through injury. He was poor today, but did assist the winner. 5/10.

Can: Our second best player on the day and best midfielder by miles. Such was his influence that we had to cut short his spell in the back three, really did look like a player in the making today. 8/10.

Firmino: Took his goal really well where the first touch was a killer. Aside from that largely anonymous I'm afraid and it always looked as if the physicality of the whole thing was a little much for him. Gets a 6/10 simply because he scored a goal.

Lallana: Like Firmino without the goal, so only 5/10.

Origi: Is definately getting better, but he doesn't strike me as the kind of lad who is ever going to score regularly enough to be a goalscorer in his own right. Runs around a lot and is willing though. 5/10. 

Subs:

Coutinho: Provided some guile in the middle but in all honesty never really got into it. 5/10

Toure: Did his job when he came on. 5/10. 

Benteke: Including injury time he was on the pitch for fourteen minutes. It'll surprise nobody to hear that I thought we looked a much better team during those 14 minutes than we had the previous 80, and the fact that Benteke had two shots on target (I don't know how many we had in the whole game but it wasn't many) before winning the penalty and then converting it says it all really. Both the "chances" he had before he scored were no doubt greeted on here with the "he should have scored that" comments that the fella always gets (by then I'd switched off the match thread as it was doing my head in). Both weren't that type of opportunity though, both were made by excellent movement and for both he hit the target. The penalty (which incedently I thought definately was a penalty although in saying that we were lucky to get it) was once again made by excellent movement (and a good pass from Henderson). He doesn't get masses of brownie points from me for knocking the penalty in, they all should be able to do that, but it was a good effort under no doubt immense pressure. I don't think Benteke will ever be Jurgens type of striker (and I wouldn't start him against the Mancs) but in some games (before we sell him) his inclusion ought to be an absolute nailed on no brainer. I think today was a classic example, and I think our failure to do that was a mistake for which we would have paid a heavy price had the Gods not shined on us a bit. Anyway Benteke was excellent when he came on, as he was against Man City in the week. 8/10.     
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #677: Mar 06, 2016 04:23:53 pm

Wow.

Surely that can't be true?!
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #678: Mar 06, 2016 04:26:35 pm
      Mata sent off - they are going to have to do the same as us this match!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #679: Mar 06, 2016 04:29:49 pm

Is it our full history or just in the PL mate?  I heard the stat but thought they said PL.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #680: Mar 06, 2016 04:30:16 pm

Wow.

Surely that can't be true?!

https://twitter.com/ged0407/status/706509759197925376

Is it our full history or just in the PL mate?  I heard the stat but thought they said PL.

Ever.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #681: Mar 06, 2016 04:33:20 pm
      He's always been like that with his penalties if my memory serves me correctly. I like it when a player is used to doing it and pulls it off, that wasn't the case for Coutinho.

Unnecessary risk IMO. I'd much rather the player just make sure it went in rather than trying to be clever. Looks good if it works but if not then it can easily cost you a game.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #682: Mar 06, 2016 04:35:11 pm
      http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/10194837/pardew-fumes-at-penalty-decision

F***ing brilliant.

I'll remember his calls for subjective refereeing next time he wants consistency.

Then to admit you made bad substitutions without prompting then kick off when asked to go into detail.

F**k he is salty.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #683: Mar 06, 2016 04:37:21 pm
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #684: Mar 06, 2016 04:39:50 pm
      http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/10194837/pardew-fumes-at-penalty-decision

F***ing brilliant.

I'll remember his calls for subjective refereeing next time he wants consistency.

Then to admit you made bad substitutions without prompting then kick off when asked to go into detail.

F**k he is salty.

:lmao: "Jamie Carragher was wrong".

The tw*t slides in and Benteke wasn't looking to go down, his ankle got taken out as he's looking to cross it.

Like a rat in heat, just squirming.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #685: Mar 06, 2016 04:40:57 pm

The tw*t slides in and Benteke wasn't looking to go down, his ankle got taken out as he's looking to cross it.

No doubt the tw*ts at MUTV (aka BBC) will be fuming at us on MOTD tonight, stating how we were lucky.

By the way, it is a penalty. He goes to ground like an brainless half wit and doesn't get anywhere near the ball.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #686: Mar 06, 2016 04:41:16 pm

I hate that tw*t.

Out of interest, how does he find out so quickly what was said on telly? He'd barely have been off the pitch when it was said.

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,330 posts | 774 
      Reply #687: Mar 06, 2016 04:46:18 pm
      Forget about Motm , Benteke deserves an Oscar for his performance today !
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,627 posts | 762 
      Reply #688: Mar 06, 2016 04:47:34 pm
      I know at least 2 people from this forum were pissed off that Benteke slotted that penalty in ;D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #689: Mar 06, 2016 04:52:39 pm

That can't be true, can it? Finally we got some luck, I think we thoroughly deserved the penalty, especially considering Moreno hitting the post. Weird how we played better with 10 men. Only negative was Henderson, please for the love of God Jürgen stop playing our captain, he's clearly not fit either in body or head.

Quick Reply