Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      5 (3.1%)
      Alberto Moreno
      3 (1.9%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      4 (2.5%)
      Dejan Lovren
      81 (50.3%)
      Jon Flanagan
      4 (2.5%)
      Emre Can
      32 (19.9%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (0.6%)
      James Milner
      2 (1.2%)
      Adam Lallana
      2 (1.2%)
      Roberto Firmino
      13 (8.1%)
      Divock Origi
      1 (0.6%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      Christian Benteke
      13 (8.1%)

Total Members Voted: 155

Voting closed: Mar 10, 2016 03:37:21 pm

Crystal Palace 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match points

Read 38613 times
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,200 posts | 1642 
      Re: Crystal Palace 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match points
      Reply #713: Mar 06, 2016 06:32:41 pm
      Don't understand how anyone can say it wasn't a pen, clear contact and he's gone down. If it's a foul outside the box then it's a foul inside the box in my book and that would be a definite foul outside the box.

Didn't play great today but we really seemed to step it up when we went down to 10, as Jürgen said we need to 'stay angry' and keep winning no matter how it's done. Well done reds!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #714: Mar 06, 2016 06:33:29 pm
      Didn't we comeback against Fulham in 2004-5 when josemi got sent off and we were 2-0 down and won 4-2 and biscan scored?

It was 2-2 when he was sent off.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,462 posts | 3429 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #715: Mar 06, 2016 06:36:19 pm
      It was 2-2 when he was sent off.

thanks mate, seems so long ago now
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #716: Mar 06, 2016 06:38:11 pm
      I'm genuinely so baffled at how many people think that wasn't a penalty today.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #717: Mar 06, 2016 06:39:26 pm

It's still Sunday for those of us stood the right way up :)

frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #718: Mar 06, 2016 06:45:35 pm
      It's still Sunday for those of us stood the right way up :)

But tomorrow in works gonna be great !
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Re: Live: Crystal Palace Vs Liverpool
      Reply #719: Mar 06, 2016 07:02:08 pm
      Can anyone recall that weird penalty against Liverpool where our defender was trying to clear the ball in front of him and the attacking striker was actually behind our defender? Contact was made from behind and penalty given against us.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #720: Mar 06, 2016 07:04:44 pm

From my perspective mate, all joking aside I thought it was about as soft a penalty as you'll ever get.

Yes I see the contact (didn't from the first angle) but Benteke's right foot starts to collapse before his left foot ever goes forward to do anything, how does that happen, the touch on the left has no influence on his right foot so for me it's as clear a dive as you'll ever see.

The point those that think it's a pen will rightly make is if it's a pen it doesn't matter if you dive or not, there's contact so it's a pen and if that is your take on it then fair enough 100% pen but I think that's as close as you'll ever see as buying one. If that was given against us I'd be devastated and slating the linesman all night. That's my unbiased view.

My biased view as expressed before is 100% pen, no doubt about it, stonewall and if I ever see that lino out I'll buy him a pint for making such a cracking decision :)
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #721: Mar 06, 2016 07:30:49 pm
      It was a dreadful performance from us but what a win  :lmao:, Pardews post match interview had me in tears.

Mignolet - didn't do anything wrong and made a couple of good saves as well. I think he's in form at the moment I don't remember his last mistake. Keep it up mate.

Flanno - poor I thought. Caught out of position a few times and wasn't great on the ball.

Moreno - same. Saw him do the same wreckless challenges in dangerous positions again too. He was unlucky not to score though.

Sakho - played well throughout.

Lovren - took him a while to find his feet and his first half was poor but second half he was a beast. Motm.

Can - he was the best midfielder we had today. The only one who looked bothered.

Henderson - the only good thing about his performance was that more of our fan base are seeing just how poor he actually is.

Milner - absolutely fuming with him. He played sh*t while he was on the pitch and then got sent off with a mental challenge to pick a second yellow up. Don't know what he was thinking. Strangely we played ten times better when he went off and we were down to 10 though  :lmao:

Firmino - very quiet game but what a composed finish for the equaliser.

Lallana - not involved at all which was disappointing after his motm display against city.

Origi - put himself about, worked hard and had a few attempts on goal. Didn't have any support or service.

Coutinho - looked better when he came on, finally we had a player who was looking to go forward

Benteke - great penalty to win the game. It was a definite pen, it was soft but there was still contact. Great composed finish well done.

F**k off Pardew Ye c**t.

Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #722: Mar 06, 2016 07:40:55 pm

United supporting wankers in the media - that's the answer for your bafflement.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #723: Mar 06, 2016 07:43:11 pm
      Missed the first part of the game, did they say why Sturridge and Clyne didn't play?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #724: Mar 06, 2016 07:44:19 pm
      Missed the first part of the game, did they say why Sturridge and Clyne didn't play?

Was no doubt to rest them for the game in midweek mate.
      Haris
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 130 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #725: Mar 06, 2016 07:46:14 pm
      Just because :)
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1670 
      • YNWA
      Reply #726: Mar 06, 2016 08:15:33 pm
      Wow, what a day. When Ben slotted that peno home, man it felt GOOOOODDDDDDDDDD !!!!!  Never in doubt, always knew that was a nailed on cert of a win :)

First half, we were poor. Bit like Utd, slow play, side to side, not enough bodies in the box, midfield labouring to create something. And they had a few chances, not sure we had a shot on target.
      Second half, started in similar vein, then they score, and then the game changer - Milner getts sent off. And we wake up, WTF !?!? Why wait until 1 down and a man down to get the finger out, I dunno. Cou came on, made a big difference. And Benteke I thought did really well too, some good touches, and looked like he wanted to prove something. Why could he not do that more often!?!  Keeper makes mistake, but Rob was cool and stuck it away. Moreno hitting the post! And then Ben running in, getting a touch, peno - and though he wasn't hacked down, no doubt it was a spot kick.  And with last f**king touch, sticks it away cool as you like, fair fucks Ben  :ernaehrung004:

Not a great game, but a great end, and excellent 3 points. Coming back from 1 down and a man down. Great spirit. We stick one to Palace, who have been a f**king thorn in the side. And the icing on the cake, that f**king numpty Pardew pissing and moaning afterward, it wasn't a peno, my f**king hole, his f**king England ambitions in bits, keep sucking on that lemon you plank!!!! :)  Class. There's life in the season yet...
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #727: Mar 06, 2016 08:19:03 pm
      If something works well for him and he has success with it then I don't see the point in changing it just to make it easier to watch. What if he doesn't find it easy to just run up and whack it? We've seen that f**k up just as many times as the stuttered run up.

I think a few people are going a bit over board, all I said was I don't like that style penalty. I'm not saying anybody has to change anything, just that for me, I don't like it. End of really.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,335 posts | 184 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #728: Mar 06, 2016 08:36:23 pm

I'm genuinely baffled at how people lose their objectivity as soon as it fits their causes.

If we had lost to that exact 94min pen everyone would be absolutely fuming and calling the old "referees hate Liverpool" stuff.

Was it a pen? Might be, I do think he fell quite easily. There is some contact though. But it is by no means a straightforward call.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #729: Mar 06, 2016 08:49:04 pm
      Was gonna give MOTM to Milner for his second yellow...
      We played f**kin ace after he went off.. :lmao:

Typical Palace chuckin the long ball up to their lanky front three and up until they scored we couldn't cope then we sprung in to life with 10 men...
      Can and Henderson moved better and we pushed them back and actually attacked them.. Class tactics from Jürgen that !!

Say what you like but Moreno is a f**kin liability.. he just scissor kicks his opponent knee high every time and blows the gaff..he very nearly put us down to 9.

Thing that made me feel good was the determination and desire in our players to know that Palace were on the ropes and to go for it.
      For us to control the game in the last 10 minutes like that and grab a winner proves two things ;
      1) Jürgen's tactical brain knows no ends..
      2) Milner took a back hander  ;D

Bring on the Mancs !!!

:kop5cf8koxp6: :action-smiley-035:

LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #730: Mar 06, 2016 09:22:54 pm
      Far from a stellar performance but a great win all things considered. Lovren and Can were brilliant. The rest were ok.

Onwards and Upwards...
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,700 posts | 3937 
      Reply #731: Mar 06, 2016 10:00:38 pm
      At first I thought no way was that a penalty, but watching again, it's clear his right knee clips his foot.

He attempts to pull out of the lunge but just clips him and no other decision other than pen!

Well done Benteke!!!!!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,700 posts | 3937 
      Reply #732: Mar 06, 2016 10:01:51 pm
      I'm genuinely baffled at how people lose their objectivity as soon as it fits their causes.

If we had lost to that exact 94min pen everyone would be absolutely fuming and calling the old "referees hate Liverpool" stuff.

Was it a pen? Might be, I do think he fell quite easily. There is some contact though. But it is by no means a straightforward call.

We would all be moaning about the defender lunging in too though.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #733: Mar 06, 2016 10:03:41 pm
      Definite pen. It was soft as F**k but there was contact. Laws of the game say if there's contact then it's a pen.

Bizarre really considering it's supposed to be a contact sport so the referee should have a set of bollocks and use some common sense and not give it, but the way football has been in modern times it's a definite penalty, no question.

In the 90s it's not given but in 2016 it is.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,371 posts | 1538 
      Reply #734: Mar 06, 2016 10:14:22 pm
      Gonna be honest now, and probably piss a few off.
      For me a penalty is awarded for FOUL PLAY committed inside the 18 yd box.
      It's a contact sport! Contact alone is not a foul !
      I've been calling for replays like they have in every other sport, contact or not, to determine the correct decision, and eliminate the cheating.
      I'd be so pissed off if we had conceded that at the other end.
      Never the less...... Until the replays are introduced, I'll take that, cos Pardews a tw*t. 
      And Loren mom. Always had faith he could return to something near the form he showed for saints, yet I also thought Origi would never cut it, yet he's showing some marked improvement.
      Never thought Hendo was anywhere near good enough for us, let alone captain. But did think he had improved immensely about 5-6 months ago. Sadly, he seems to be back to his worst.
      Milner hot or cold. Too often cold.
      Can getting better slowly, everyone else great on their day, but nothing consistent enough!
      And on we go..... Mancs next, but what sort of side is gonna turn up for us ?
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #735: Mar 06, 2016 10:17:02 pm
      We would all be moaning about the defender lunging in too though.

Yep, if that was Moreno we would have slaughtered him!

Quick Reply