Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      1 (0.6%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      38 (22.1%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      5 (2.9%)
      Dejan Lovren
      4 (2.3%)
      Alberto Moreno
      4 (2.3%)
      Emre Can
      14 (8.1%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (1.7%)
      Adam Lallana
      28 (16.3%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      10 (5.8%)
      Roberto Firmino
      61 (35.5%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      2 (1.2%)
      Joe Allen
      2 (1.2%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 165

Voting closed: Mar 15, 2016 10:12:16 pm

Liverpool 2-0 Man Utd: In game and post match delight

Read 52170 times
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Re: Liverpool 2-0 Man Utd: In game and post match delight
      Reply #874: Mar 12, 2016 03:01:50 pm
      Im hoping that some smart ass kopites take a liver bird and perch with them to the old toilet next week :)
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #875: Mar 12, 2016 08:34:49 pm
      Unsure whether this needs it own thread as it feels wrong talking about a very good Liverpool performance and a load of sick chanting from 80% of the Manchester United fans at Anfield in the same thread. Hopefully a kind Mod can put it where it should be if that is the case.

Anyway:

UEFA likely to announce potential disciplinary proceedings over Anfield chants on Monday

Offensive chants by Manchester United supporters during the Europa League match at Liverpool could result in disciplinary action on Monday.

UEFA are expected to reveal any disciplinary proceedings surounding Thursday's Europa League match between Liverpool and Manchester United on Monday.

The last-16 first leg at Anfield was marred by controversy as songs referencing the stadium disasters at Hillsborough and Heysel in the 1980s were heard.

European football's governing body has confirmed to Omnisport that any potential disciplinary investigations resulting from the match are likely to be announced on Monday, with Marouane Fellaini also possibly facing retrospective action for a physical clash with Emre Can that went unnoticed by officials.

Following the widespread criticism of sections of their support, United stated it would hold talks with supporter groups in a bid to curb a repetition of such behaviour.

"It has always been the position of Manchester United that chants of this nature, which refer to historical tragedies, have no place in the game and do not reflect the values the club holds," a United spokesperson said.

"We are in discussion with our fans' groups to seek their support in preventing this type of behaviour in the future."

Proceedings have been opened against Sparta Prague and Lazio following their 1-1 draw in the Europa League on Thursday.

The Italian club is being investigated for alleged racist behaviour and illicit chants, while both face charges of displaying illicit banners.

Czech side Sparta have also been cited for setting off fireworks, with the Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body set to deal with the case on March 22.

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/uefa-likely-announce-potential-disciplinary-proceedings-over-anfield-chants-monday#ZljqOcZz8qgxLrmT.99

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/uefa-likely-announce-potential-disciplinary-proceedings-over-anfield-chants-monday#:yr5RQ9AbkxtxMQ
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #876: Mar 13, 2016 03:14:02 am
      Was Suarez at the game? Seeing videos of him celebrating in the crowd but not sure if it was at this game.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,889 posts | 704 
      Reply #877: Mar 13, 2016 07:59:33 am
      Beat them up again. Just like 2014.

However before we start getting too ahead of ourselves, the job isn't done. We've seen plenty of sides beat them up 2-0 at home, then lose the tie in the return. We started slowly in both halfs, and if we do again next week and concede, things become considerably more difficult. I would have liked at least a couple more goals to take with us into the return. How did Coutinho miss that tap in? I hope it won't matter in the end.

Great night though, we showed them what an Anfield European night is like. We'll get fined for the flare, but if that atmosphere is what our fans are capable of, we're capable of it all the time. Same goes for the players. Next week brings a different test, and there's still a lot of work to do to finish the job.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #878: Mar 13, 2016 10:54:18 am
      If they get the first goal, they'll come at us for the second. We need to go out there to get the away goal. At least one. If we score first, the tie is essentially over.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #879: Mar 13, 2016 11:38:18 am
      Just watched the game, loved it.

Didn't give them a second on the ball but how the hell Fellaini was still on the pitch at the end I'll never know.

Good to hear that the disgusting chants and Fellainis elbow on Can is being investigated by UEFA.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #880: Mar 13, 2016 08:47:42 pm
      Dirty B***ard's stats from the Hammers match ....

In the first half Fellaini made no tackles, interceptions, blocks or clearances.
      He also lost possession 11 times, more than any of his team-mates.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35738603
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #881: Mar 13, 2016 09:32:53 pm
      Was Suarez at the game? Seeing videos of him celebrating in the crowd but not sure if it was at this game.

Hope he was! I'd take him back as a coach one day - even if he couldn't coach to save his life, then I'd just pay him a wage to turn up to Anfield and just remind the senior players and youngsters what a winner is!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #882: Mar 13, 2016 09:37:37 pm

What video is that mate?
      MsGerrard
      Reply #883: Mar 13, 2016 10:02:11 pm

Saw that myself crouchie, but it's an old video.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #884: Mar 13, 2016 10:10:33 pm
      Missed the game due to work BUT had the dir set to recored.
      Got home at 1130PM and surprise surprise, the frickin DVR decided to take to day off. Utterly devastated
      Then set the DVR to record the rerun later in the day...and again the b***ard machine decided that it wasn't willing to do as io asked and recorded the Spurs - Dortmund game..again!
      Decided that i need to replace my scum supporting dvr!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #885: Mar 13, 2016 10:27:43 pm
      Saw that myself crouchie, but it's an old video.

Is it the one from when he was banned a few years ago and he was going mental in the stands? :D
      MsGerrard
      Reply #886: Mar 13, 2016 10:42:50 pm
      Is it the one from when he was banned a few years ago and he was going mental in the stands? :D

Yep !! That's the one mcarz  ;D
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #887: Mar 13, 2016 10:50:58 pm
      MsGerrard
      Reply #888: Mar 13, 2016 10:53:44 pm
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #889: Mar 13, 2016 11:49:53 pm

He is gone to Spurs mate.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #890: Mar 14, 2016 12:14:04 am

Please stop posting this sh*te all over the boards....you and you London mate have not a clue other than a transfer section rumor reprinted from a piece of garbage rag.

Go work on your English and learn how to spell Dalglish and the host of other words you could't spell in the Henderson thread.

« Last Edit: Mar 14, 2016 12:28:07 am by AZPatriot »
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,889 posts | 704 
      Reply #891: Mar 14, 2016 07:49:09 am
      Quote from JD
      We need to knock it on the head now with those stuttering pens.  Pick a spot - smash it in.

Not a fan of the Aldo penalty technique? I don't think he missed one after he used it. He learned his lesson after picking a spot and missing in 1988.

Quote from ruthcity
      If they get the first goal, they'll come at us for the second. We need to go out there to get the away goal. At least one. If we score first, the tie is essentially over.

It's over when the ref says it's over. Midtylland scored there last round, then shipped 5. I may relax a bit if we're 3 up on the night, but with our record there down the years, I wouldn't rule any score out, even if we score first. They can score 3 at home in no time, and then for us defensively, it's every man for himself.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #892: Mar 14, 2016 12:02:43 pm
      Not a fan of the Aldo penalty technique? I don't think he missed one after he used it. He learned his lesson after picking a spot and missing in 1988.

It's over when the ref says it's over. Midtylland scored there last round, then shipped 5. I may relax a bit if we're 3 up on the night, but with our record there down the years, I wouldn't rule any score out, even if we score first. They can score 3 at home in no time, and then for us defensively, it's every man for himself.

Much preferred the Molby technique myself, now there's a player that could take a pen and scored a hat-trick of them!

Tie will be over the minute we get an away goal fact - cos they're F***ing sh*te, plenty of space for us to take them apart at the theatre of screams.
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #893: Mar 14, 2016 02:21:28 pm
      They can score 3 at home in no time, and then for us defensively, it's every man for himself.

You do have a point there, especially with our clown in goal. Yeah! Fingers crossed.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #894: Mar 14, 2016 03:11:02 pm
      They can score 3 at home in no time, and then for us defensively, it's every man for himself.

Won't happen, we're a little bit of a step-up in class from those Danish no-hopers.

Herr Klopp will have this boxed off!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #895: Mar 14, 2016 08:50:48 pm
      for us defensively, it's every man for himself.

You do have a point there, especially with our clown in goal. Yeah! Fingers crossed.

2 goals conceded in the last 7 games. One of which had an extra half hour of play. We are getting better and I see no real goal threat in their team.
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,889 posts | 704 
      Reply #896: Mar 15, 2016 12:59:20 pm
      We conceded three goals on both the last two visits, three in half an hour last time. Only one scored in 180 mins.

Olympiakos won their home leg 2-0 two years ago, and still lost the tie. Now this game may be different of course, but with our past there, even if we do get an away goal, I'm taking nothing for granted.

Quick Reply