Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Mario Balotelli (to China? Sampdoria?)

Read 37598 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Re: Mario Balotelli (to Jiangsu Suning)
      Reply #115: Jun 19, 2016 12:27:49 am
      Not when it's about someone who possesses neither.

If someone pissed on you would you wish them good luck as they walked away?
      He hardly pissed on us, you are being dramatic.

More like I hired a thief to watch my house while I was away and then got upset when he stole my stuff.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #116: Jun 19, 2016 08:55:36 am
      Biggest waste of talent I can remember. He clearly has ability, however it's so far behind his ego that it never had a chance to shine. I was one of those who believed he could make it here. Don't know who was the biggest fool. Me or him...
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #117: Jun 19, 2016 03:02:38 pm
      Biggest waste of talent I can remember. He clearly has ability, however it's so far behind his ego that it never had a chance to shine. I was one of those who believed he could make it here. Don't know who was the biggest fool. Me or him...

Me too mate. I wanted him to do well so badly. Gutted
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Re: Mario Balotelli Player Thread
      Reply #118: Jul 06, 2016 03:33:43 pm
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Re: Re: Mario Balotelli Player Thread
      Reply #119: Jul 06, 2016 10:27:05 pm
      What was Klopp banging on about a clean slate, last season... ?

spot on.  "Clean slate for everyone, and I mean everyone!----oh but not you over there."

I'd let him stick around through a few pre-season games at least.

Maybe I'm going too easy on him but in that video the other day he looked like he was putting in effort for once during training.  Maybe he has actually turned a corner.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4420 
      Reply #120: Jul 06, 2016 10:30:04 pm
      spot on.  "Clean slate for everyone, and I mean everyone!----oh but not you over there."

Maybe I'm going too easy on him but in that video the other day he looked like he was putting in effort for once during training.  Maybe he has actually turned a corner.

Shame you don't turn a corner!

friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #121: Jul 07, 2016 09:30:01 am
      Why is it almost every pic i see of him at the training ground, he's smiling and the players around him seems friendly and smiling/laughing?

Is it possible the players have a different opinion of him that's reported in the press?

What's wrong with everyone?! People have short memories.

He's laughing and joking and smiling in training because he's pissing about. The issues with him aren't the fact he's not jovial enough, it's the fact he's a lazy b***ard.

I was one of the people that thought "maybe he's changed" when we signed him. He proved me wrong and everyone else. He's still lazy, stil over-rated and still sh*t.

Anyone who wants Benteke gone and wants to give Mario a chance is completely deluded.

Get him gone.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #122: Jul 07, 2016 10:04:00 am

It's amazing how you're willing to give somebody who couldn't give two shots plenty of chances yet you've constantly gone on for at least 2 years about how people like Henderson should leave. All we saw the other day was a snippet of a session, how do you know if he was trying for the full session?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #123: Jul 07, 2016 10:26:47 am
      Not sure why everyone is getting so worked up about this, Klopp will be running th erule overhim now and if lopp thinks he can be useful then he will use him otherwise he'll be shipped off.

Relax everyone.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #124: Jul 07, 2016 12:43:48 pm
      I have no idea why people think he is going to change...

Left Inter for City after being an idiot - AC Milan top on TV & Jose stated he was 'un-manageable'
      Left City for Milan after some silly and bizarre antics - too many to list
      Left Milan for Liverpool - this was touted as a risk and the lads 'last chance'
      Left Liverpool for Milan on Loan - again 'last chance'
      Back at Liverpool as Milan dont want him, yet another 'last chance'

He as a player has shown no desire to actually contribute to a team and has had a host of top managers get shot or fail him. The only constant in these teams is Mario - you cant blame 4 teams fans & managers for all thinking he is a bad apple.

Yes, there is a player there somewhere and if Klopp can get the best out of him he could be great. Reality is I cant see this happening and if we can get some money for him then lets do it. With Ibe going for a reported Ā£15 Million and Bekteke at circa Ā£30 Million no Prem side (that are all awash with money) or Chinese Super League Side willing to take the risk - that to me states the obvious.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,036 posts | 2692 
      Reply #125: Jul 07, 2016 03:44:23 pm
      The Echo ran some pics from yesterday's training and noted he wasn't in any of them. Did he call in sick on day 3?
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #126: Jul 07, 2016 03:55:49 pm
      Still tittering, like a wee kiddy, at Bellend D'Or.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #127: Jul 08, 2016 02:12:51 am
      It's amazing how you're willing to give somebody who couldn't give two shots plenty of chances yet you've constantly gone on for at least 2 years about how people like Henderson should leave. All we saw the other day was a snippet of a session, how do you know if he was trying for the full session?

I don't.  I have no idea.  Maybe he was putting it on for the cameras.

I wouldn't lose any sleep if we sold Balotelli.  I think in general at a club like ours you shouldn't get second chances, especially if you ruined your first chance because of a lack of effort.  Sometimes it will take longer to gel with the other players, sometimes you might need to settle in to a new playing style, etc, but putting in effort should be a bare minimum even if nothing else is working for you as a new player.  Balotelli failed in that regard so I'd have no qualms if we sold him. 

The difference between him and Henderson though is that Balotelli has shown that he has the TALENT to play at the very, very highest level.  Whereas even at his best (the tailend of the season we nearly won the league) Henderson has shown that his ceiling is something like a very good league player. 

Unfortunately we end up having to choose between players like Balotelli who have loads of talent but no effort, or players like Henderson who work very hard but have zero talent.

I think Suarez ruined us in that regard; he is one of the most talented players in the world but when he played with us, he was also by far the hardest working player as well.  Now we have to pick between one or the other.
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #128: Jul 08, 2016 10:35:31 am
      Balotelli has shown that he has the TALENT to play at the very, very highest level.

Sorry Iā€™ve been asleep. Can you tell me when exactly?

Youā€™re saying at some point in time, in some dimension that Balotelli showed the world that he could be considered to be one of the very, very best strikers in the world?

Mario Balotelli proved to the planet that he is a top class, lethal finisher, elite striker?!

ā€œThe very, very highest levelā€ ā€“ Messi, Ronaldo, Pele, Maradona. Or is there another level I donā€™t know about?

Iā€™ll have buy some of what youā€™ve had! I might even have to put that quote as my signature, itā€™s incredible.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #129: Jul 08, 2016 11:53:48 am
      whatever talent the lad has its gone because talent needs to be nurtured and developed he is a has been before he was actually a somebody.
      He does have talent .....talent for making a c**t out of himself
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,797 posts | 892 
      Reply #130: Jul 08, 2016 05:51:22 pm
      So, not included in the squad today. He's got to be going this summer..
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #131: Jul 08, 2016 09:37:56 pm
      Sorry Iā€™ve been asleep. Can you tell me when exactly?

Youā€™re saying at some point in time, in some dimension that Balotelli showed the world that he could be considered to be one of the very, very best strikers in the world?

Mario Balotelli proved to the planet that he is a top class, lethal finisher, elite striker?!

ā€œThe very, very highest levelā€ ā€“ Messi, Ronaldo, Pele, Maradona. Or is there another level I donā€™t know about?

Iā€™ll have buy some of what youā€™ve had! I might even have to put that quote as my signature, itā€™s incredible.

I wouldn't waste your time if I was you mate, you are replying to someone who was adamant we should sign Diame.

As for Mario, the fact he wasn't in the team for the Tranmere game I think is a sure sign Klopp has no time for him.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #134: Jul 13, 2016 10:04:38 am
      Doesn't sugar coat things does he  :D

I think we had enough of verbal nonsense he is a man on a mission he hasn't time to sugar coat things. Bye Bye Mario don't let the door hit you on the way out...oh and grow the F**k up.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #135: Jul 13, 2016 10:31:53 am
      I think we had enough of verbal nonsense he is a man on a mission he hasn't time to sugar coat things. Bye Bye Mario don't let the door hit you on the way out...oh and grow the F**k up.

Exactly what I meant mate. 

We don't have time to mess about anymore, we need to get everyone out that we have no use for so we can concentrate all our efforts on those who stay and the new lads that have arrived.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Mario Balotelli (to China? Sampdoria?)
      Reply #136: Jul 13, 2016 06:19:13 pm
      Can see Klopp having Marios contract terminated if we can't get rid on so much as a loan deal
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Re: Mario Balotelli (to China? Sampdoria?)
      Reply #137: Jul 13, 2016 06:24:34 pm
      If I'm honest, I think we screwed this one up. You have something you want to get as much money out of as possible, you don't then go around telling everyone how you aren't going to use it and how you  are trying to get rid of it. IMO it would have been worth a shot playing him in pre-season in the hopes that he plays well enough for someone to take a flyer on him.  Instead we've basically told teams "we really want you to buy him but if you don't want to pay a transfer fee we'll either loan him to you and pay his wages or cut him outright and let you sign him on a free".

Very strange way of doing business.

Quick Reply