Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Pre-Match: Dortmund v Liverpool Thurs 7th April 20:05 KO

Read 11549 times
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 414 posts | 53 
      Re: Pre-Match: Dortmund v Liverpool Thurs 7th April 20:05 KO
      Reply #69: Apr 07, 2016 01:25:31 pm
      The way Dortmund play i am sure they will come after us right from the start, we must not panic at the back and if we keep our heads could hit them quite easily on the counter, provided wea are on our game of course.  C'MON YOU REDMEN!!!!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #70: Apr 07, 2016 02:31:03 pm
      Firmino on the bench probably, and yes I fancy Origi to start, with sturridge on the bench, can see us being very cagey, clean sheet or conceding the odd goal is vital, nick and away goal would be superb. Nick 2 away gaols oaft. ;D
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #71: Apr 07, 2016 02:47:07 pm
      If all the Rumours of Origi starting ahead of Sturridge are correct then at least we will have an outlet to hit them on the counter with pace and physically put himself about to hold up the ball.
      He will also run those channels to stretch their defence.

Conversely if we get one or two chances then I would prefer Sturridge taking those chances.

Ideally if Origi starts then it would make sense starting Firmino.

Pretty much my thoughts, Origi seems the better option right to the point where a chance presents itself and then you'd swap him for a half-fit Studge in a second!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6817 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #72: Apr 07, 2016 02:47:54 pm
      Five and a bit hours to go, gonna try and have a kip, have set the alarm to be ready in time for KO.

Come on lads keep a clean sheet, grab a couple of away goals and do us proud!

Condolences to you and your Family, Clint.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,625 posts | 760 
      Reply #73: Apr 07, 2016 02:54:32 pm
      im worried we might lose like 3-0 for some reason.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #74: Apr 07, 2016 03:05:22 pm
      I couldn't help but chuckle at the posts saying we are laid back and just want to see two great games of football. I am ready to watch two of the most boring matches ever in football history if it means we qualify but it will be far from it seeing the quality on display. Some of our better performances this season have come up against good quality teams and we are not going to face a team of Dortmund's quality this season so let's give our best performances in these two matches and get through this hurdle. 
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,622 posts | 1515 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #75: Apr 07, 2016 03:06:32 pm
      You can all rest easy, I'm at work during the game, so we'll win by 5 goals or something....  :f_whistle:

But seriously, I don't know why, but I feel like Origi is gonna do something special.... I'm gonna go 2-1 to us...  :couch:
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #76: Apr 07, 2016 03:10:57 pm
      Sorry to hear of your family's loss
      Tough time for you all
      Hope tomorrow's game brings some joy during a very difficult time

So sorry to learn your uncle passed on Clint , may I offer you and your family my condolences, your uncle is at peace now,
      In heaven he'll never walk alone.

RIP

YNWA

Sorry to hear your news Clint.  You're right - everything is relative.  I'm sure a lot of people who read this forum will have you in mind during, what should be, a memorable YNWA tomorrow.

Thanks friends, today I'm better. Hope to have a great Live thread.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #77: Apr 07, 2016 03:13:29 pm
      I hope if we do go with Origi over Sturridge that our finishing up top doesn't suffer.
      craventom
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 55 posts | 68 
      Reply #78: Apr 07, 2016 03:16:31 pm
      Liverpool Echo: "Liverpool FC and Borussia Dortmund fans team up for ticket price protest": http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpool-fc-borussia-dortmund-fans-11146441

Will be great to see both fan groups united tonight in the Westfalenstadion with their common protest against the seemingly unstoppable greed of club officials.

As I heard the initiative came from some Liverpool guys, very good job and big respect for them!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #79: Apr 07, 2016 03:16:46 pm
      I hope if we do go with Origi over Sturridge that our finishing up top doesn't suffer.

Agreed but just for the young lad's defence if he does get in the position to miss something it'll be worth considering had we been able to get there without him before the knives come out.

Certainly adds a level of intrigue and personally, as I suggested before this whispering came out, I'd go with Origi. My biggest worry is what kind of message it will send to Sturridge and if he handled it the right way because it's a 'right now' decision rather than a long term one in my opinion.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #80: Apr 07, 2016 03:23:52 pm
      Agreed but just for the young lad's defence if he does get in the position to miss something it'll be worth considering had we been able to get there without him before the knives come out.

Certainly adds a level of intrigue and personally, as I suggested before this whispering came out, I'd go with Origi. My biggest worry is what kind of message it will send to Sturridge and if he handled it the right way because it's a 'right now' decision rather than a long term one in my opinion.

I think Origi is a very interesting choice. I wouldn't have gone with him in a million years and I'd have Sturridge every time, but I don't know the Dortmund defenders like Jürgen does. Funnily enough I was chatting with another Red in the bar last night and we were saying we expected at least one "left field" selection. I had a hunch it might be Ibe, but Origi is fast if nothing else and if we're planning to play over the top of the press and turn them around, he'll cause them problems.

I don't think for one minute as you say Sturridge will like it, but I've been thinking for a week or two that he'll be offski in the Summer anyway. I don't massively agree with that decision either, but whether or not the player or I like him being left on the bench or not is neither here nor there really.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #81: Apr 07, 2016 03:37:07 pm
      Interesting option if Origi is selected over Danny. I think Origi may be able to hold up the ball a little better than Danny and handle the physical side much better. I would expect Origi to run their legs off for 60mins before Danny comes on to finish the job.

Hopefully Danny will accept his role tonight with good grace and for the good of the team....if it does happen.

Obviously the alternative might be playing Origi wide and Firmino as the false 9 (not so sure he is false anymore tbh)
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #82: Apr 07, 2016 04:34:29 pm
      I am very excited for this match but everything is relative because my uncle has died yesterday. I hope that this game will shine a little new light in my family.

This a massive game for both the team and Klopp. This is not about Klopp but our team. We need to score a goal to have a chance to qualify.

Sorry to hear that mate.  Chin up.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #83: Apr 07, 2016 04:40:16 pm
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,328 posts | 773 
      Reply #84: Apr 07, 2016 04:56:12 pm
      Really difficult game ahead, would be happy with a score draw tonight tbh.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #85: Apr 07, 2016 05:00:20 pm
      Looking forward to this test ourselves and see which players really want to stand up and those who want to shirk away,  hope they all put a performance in for the club and travelling fans .
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #86: Apr 07, 2016 05:03:20 pm
      The only way we will win this over the two legs is if we score more goals than Dortmund, unless there is a bigger away score draw.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #87: Apr 07, 2016 05:07:45 pm
      Toycel
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts |
      Reply #88: Apr 07, 2016 05:10:42 pm
      Starting to feel the butterflies! I really hope we can take something away with us tonight. I'd settle for a score draw, the away goal is crucial.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #89: Apr 07, 2016 05:11:27 pm

I've been slightly less optimistic than that in the Prediction League!

Fingers crossed me and you are both badly wrong!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #91: Apr 07, 2016 05:27:07 pm
      3-0 to us I think.

Quick Reply