Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Mignolet
      2 (1.4%)
      Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Lovren
      45 (31%)
      Sakho
      34 (23.4%)
      Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Henderson
      1 (0.7%)
      Can
      6 (4.1%)
      Milner
      2 (1.4%)
      Lallana
      1 (0.7%)
      Coutinho
      2 (1.4%)
      Origi
      49 (33.8%)
      Allen
      3 (2.1%)
      Sturridge
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 141

Voting closed: Apr 10, 2016 10:16:40 pm

Dortmund 1-1 Liverpool: In-game & Post-match "YNWA"!

Read 37548 times
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Re: Dortmund 1-1 Liverpool: In-game & Post-match "YNWA"!
      Reply #782: Apr 07, 2016 11:55:06 pm
      Hendo has been sent for a scan on his knee, feel for him and hope it's not too bad

It's amazing how often it happens that when a player is carrying one injury and playing through it, he gets a serious one somewhere else in his body. Best of luck to the lad, I've a hunch he's been having injections and playing through pain all season. 
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #783: Apr 07, 2016 11:56:36 pm
      Great result game on ,proper European tie all there to  play for well done red men .
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #784: Apr 07, 2016 11:59:45 pm
      Allen was great. But Lucas will be too in the next game. Should we keep them? I would love to but some people tell me its our mediocrity; thats why we are sh*te. we cant go past top clubs like Dortund. What an irony. we are almost there arnt we?
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #785: Apr 08, 2016 12:03:03 am
      Hendo has been sent for a scan on his knee, feel for him and hope it's not too bad

Worryingly looks like a cruciate injury. If so, he's out for the long haul and will miss Euro 2016.

Frustrating to say the least - he hasn't been performing great of late but I just felt that if he could just push on from his heel injury and get a good number of games under his belt, then he would set himself up well for next season.

That may be hampered now and I feel gutted for Henderson as he's a good honest pro. On a more encouraging note, his replacement Allen performed well tonight and I think he's been playing well for Liverpool since January in all honesty. He's not the most physical which could be a concern (though up against a very physical side in Dortmund he did fine tonight) but he has energy and is more controlled and measured on the ball than most of our players. He can certainly offer a lot going forward, perhaps providing the incisive pivot and pass (which Henderson struggles with) which could be key to an effective transition to attack under Klopp.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #786: Apr 08, 2016 12:03:28 am
      Dortmund  were always going to make chances with the quality they have  but we kept them to a minimum fell asleep 3 times IMHO and payed the price once .
      If Origi sticks his chance away just before half time away they are in all sorts,only shocker for me is Moreno and his jump in,
      you must wonder sometimes if the boys lift goes to the top, he could have walked with a different ref as it is he got away with it.
      Cracking performance unlucky not to sneak it ,cant wait for the next leg well done to Jürgen and the boys .
      DanMann

• 5,788 posts | 892 
      Reply #787: Apr 08, 2016 12:05:32 am
      Just watched the highlights, and it reveals a period where my stream froze we had multiple chances!! Keeper had to make three saves in a short burst attack and we came pretty close.

Anfield can do this!! A fitter Firmino and a firing Sturridge.

Origi did really well today, and I love his ball control. Really composed and he's got real skills!!
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #788: Apr 08, 2016 12:16:07 am
      highlits are sh*te mate. We were crushing them, we had like 4 glorious chances in a 5 minutes spell. They looked fukced. finished. The mighty LFC didnt kill the game off but we will be back tomorow.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #789: Apr 08, 2016 12:56:49 am
      thank you Jürgen. Tactically briliant stuff. You knew:)))))) great stuff mrs. klopp
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #790: Apr 08, 2016 01:06:47 am
      very enjoyable game to watch and fantastic result. Imagine the scoreline if Lallana and Coutts had been in the zone but overall an excellent team performance from all.
      paulow63
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 682 posts | 90 
      Reply #791: Apr 08, 2016 01:32:56 am
      Superb performance, we're starting to look a solid  all round team now. Well done Jürgen on the tactics tonight.  But we do need to carry this forward to the league now for the rest of the season starting with Stoke on Saturday.
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #792: Apr 08, 2016 01:33:48 am
      good result, team worked hard and created a couple of good opportunities. thought that Milner, Lovren and Origi were our stand out players.

Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #793: Apr 08, 2016 01:38:33 am
      we had a chance to hammer them..didnt make it but we go to reverse as favourites. Dortmund are scared of us.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #794: Apr 08, 2016 01:41:30 am

Rumours of it being his LCL(?) or the same injury Benteke has.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #795: Apr 08, 2016 02:06:07 am
      Take that result all day.

By all indications on their form and our "underwhelming" league performance you would think we would be in for a battering.

Klopp showing what a world class manager he is setting up flawlessly to get a fantastic European away result.

Lovren Sakho beasts at the back with Dejan just nudging him for MOTM. People blaming them for the goal nah not for me they both blocked crucial shots that would have put Dortmund 2-0 up, swings and round abouts as they say.

Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #796: Apr 08, 2016 02:08:10 am
      Really good game of European knockout football. 

They were always likely to have the majority of possession at home, but I thought we defended really well and were more than worth the draw.  We had the better chances overall and their keeper certainly earned his corn with those 3 saves in a minute.

I think most of us would have taken 1-1 before the game, and it sets the 2nd leg up nicely.  That promises to be a cracker as both teams will be going for it I think, and as it happens a more open game generally suits us.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #797: Apr 08, 2016 02:09:31 am
      Decent result that.

The performance was good too, shades of Houllier's sides there soaking up pressure and playing out on the counter.

I thought they (Dortmund) were very tentative in the first half while we set-up to play a typical European away tactic. We seem to play better away and don't have as much of an identity at home at the moment and this suited us. At this point (first half) I was starting to doubt all the hype about them, the passive and defeatist attitudes of people on here who made them out to be something really special. They did turn the screw in the second half though and typically we failed to hold-on to a lead which overall, on the balance of play was fair.

I think Allen did well when he came on, and he is a good player to have in games like this because one of his biggest strengths is able to keep the ball in tight situations where his team mates see the ball as a hot potato. Lovren and Sahko were excellent IMO and Clyne was very good too.

I hope we start with Sturridge up front next Thursday because that will set the tone and hopefully produce a bit of identity at home. Unless Klopp thinks the only way we can beat these is to surrender possession, play deep and then hit them on the counter. If we start with Sturridge it would indicate that we will take the game to them and not afford them the respect we showed tonight, which as it turns out wasn't too bad - but they did show themselves early on to be tentative, as did their fans at home and vulnerable defensively.

A good result and performance managed by the team under the astuteness of the boss; hopefully we won't now be as passive (fan-base & and team wise) in the second leg.

We can beat these after watching them first-hand, they do look good but they also look beatable.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Re: Live: Dortmund V Liverpool
      Reply #798: Apr 08, 2016 02:13:11 am
      Their supporters have been singing literally the entire game.

And their F***ing drum banging was annoying as F**k!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #799: Apr 08, 2016 07:57:16 am
      No complaints from me with that result,I said pre match that a score draw would be good for us.I believe we can win the return leg at Anfield.Well done Jürgen and well done to our REDs for putting on a good performance against a good German team. :kop5cf8koxp6:
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,878 posts | 704 
      Reply #800: Apr 08, 2016 07:59:06 am
      Quote from bigmick
      I've got the goal on sky plus and have watched it about ten times.

Sakho doesn'the go for ANY man, Lovren tracks the six and it goes above them. It is 100% Origi though is tasked with picking up the header if it clears the centre halves. He is with Hummers and goes to sleep. It happens. Had Sakho also not nodded off Lovren could have got it as he would,t have had to track the six.

Watching opposition goals once is enough for me. Preferably not at all. As soon as the ball goes in, I look away until play resumes.

About the game, makes you wonder what all the fuss was about. We're not Spurs reserves you know, and we were always going to give them a proper game. For all their apparant "superior quality", they only had three chances, one which went in. At times, they looked more like the side that went 3-0 down in Norway in 20 minutes in the qualifying playoff. Everything else was well defended.

Still haven't lost in the competition. Arguably could have won if Origi took his chance first time, on half time. Great chance for Lovren too to recreate Babbel's goal against Alaves there in the UEFA Cup Final, but didn't quite work out the same. Anyway, the main job in away first legs has been done. Result and away goal, now winning the tie doesn't seem all that insurmountable, does it?

Next week is the verdict and the anniversary, so it will be an emotional few days. Surely in those circumstances, it's all set up for us to complete the job.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #801: Apr 08, 2016 08:04:24 am
      And their f**king drum banging was annoying as f**k!

They're by no means unique in that respect mate  :D

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #802: Apr 08, 2016 08:07:57 am
      Watching opposition goals once is enough for me. Preferably not at all. As soon as the ball goes in, I look away until play resumes.

I get the sentiment, and certainly it's true that nothing is gained by me watching it over and over. If though you are going to debate what actually happened, I find it makes it a little more interesting if you kind of have a clue what you're on about.

That said I'm well aware that for some such things aren't so important.
      Scottbot

• 9,623 posts | 2159 
      Reply #803: Apr 08, 2016 08:08:59 am
      Decent result that.

The performance was good too, shades of Houllier's sides there soaking up pressure and playing out on the counter.

I think Allen did well when he came on, and he is a good player to have in games like this because one of his biggest strengths is able to keep the ball in tight situations where his team mates see the ball as a hot potato. Lovren and Sahko were excellent IMO and Clyne was very good too.

I hope we start with Sturridge up front next Thursday because that will set the tone and hopefully produce a bit of identity at home. Unless Klopp thinks the only way we can beat these is to surrender possession, play deep and then hit them on the counter. If we start with Sturridge it would indicate that we will take the game to them and not afford them the respect we showed tonight, which as it turns out wasn't too bad - but they did show themselves early on to be tentative, as did their fans at home and vulnerable defensively.

A good result and performance managed by the team under the astuteness of the boss; hopefully we won't now be as passive (fan-base & and team wise) in the second leg.

We can beat these after watching them first-hand, they do look good but they also look beatable.

I thought it was a classic European performance, reminded me of some of the away day performances we put in under Rafa, I wouldn't say it was passive though. It was encouraging to see that we can play a proper counter attacking style and be compact defensively because it's tough to play Jürgen's pressing game all the time.For the return leg I think he will start with Studge but I think it will be a slightly cagey game and we will still be wary of their pace and trickery up front.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #804: Apr 08, 2016 08:12:33 am
      They're by no means unique in that respect mate  :D

:D

Quick Reply