Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Hillsborough inquest - Fans 'unlawfully killed'

Read 57455 times
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Re: Hillsborough inquest - Fans 'unlawfully killed'
      Reply #138: Apr 26, 2016 08:35:59 pm
      Justice has been served. Still not enough, and it will never be enough
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,509 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #139: Apr 26, 2016 08:48:47 pm
      Just in The Empire so St George's Hall will look good when I walk out. Will get a picture up later.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #140: Apr 26, 2016 08:58:37 pm
      Been rushed off my feet today, thanks to you all for keeping me up-to-date with the breaking news today. 27 years, should be thes minimum sentence some of those involved should get.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #141: Apr 26, 2016 09:01:51 pm
      bit of an emotional day isn't it. just listening to Proff John Ashton who has always been a very powerful witness and who was present and helped so much. They even tried to blacken his name in the Taylor report he has been proved an honest man today.

He was unbelievable on the news. Had me blubbing like a kid. It was like he lived to get his chance live on the telly, and boy did he take it. 
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #142: Apr 26, 2016 09:07:05 pm
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4596 
      Reply #143: Apr 26, 2016 09:07:54 pm
      Been rushed off my feet today, thanks to you all for keeping me up-to-date with the breaking news today. 27 years, should be thes minimum sentence some of those involved should get.

Absaloutley.... Sickening how the bas**rds covered up the truth & discredited the club & supporters...

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #144: Apr 26, 2016 09:14:59 pm
      South Yorkshire police got away with absolute f****** murder during the miners strike of 1984, I saw first hand some c***ish behaviour, heard loads of accounts as well as seeing loads of footage. They weren't on their own either, the MET were even worse when they came to Yorkshire, bang up for a scrap as long as they knew they had the sanctity of the "law" on their side as a safety net. That cast the die as far as I'm concerned for Police throughout the land thinking they could do whatever they wanted, and it manifested itself in Irish people being fitted up for things they didn't do, and tragically in the loss of 96 of our own.

The scene today when the reporter who was interviewing Margaret Aspinall interupted her when she was saying her son "would not only sleep easy tonight he'd know his Mum is no longer angry" to tell her "he would surely be proud of you tonight too Margaret" absolutely killed me. I was inconsolable for half an hour afterwards, incredibly powerful stuff.

I hasten to add through all of this that I wasn't there, I don't for sure know anybody who was there, I don't and never have claimed to be a scouser or any of that stuff, it just moved me completely on a human level. 

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #145: Apr 26, 2016 09:15:55 pm
      I hope this will be able to give the families the closure they've needed for so long. The families and friends of the victims have some courage to never settle for what they were hearing and to continuously try to bring the true story to light. Now they can say that they succeeded.

May those who lost their lives now rest in peace, as we have known for many years you are innocent.

JFT96!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #146: Apr 26, 2016 09:27:41 pm
      bit of an emotional day isn't it. just listening to Proff John Ashton who has always been a very powerful witness and who was present and helped so much. They even tried to blacken his name in the Taylor report he has been proved an honest man today.

The Taylor report with all it's implications and establishment contrivance is part of the 27 years of deceit and corruption, a large part  of it could only have been coordinated at the very highest level of authority.     Scapegoats will be obliterated as they have been trodden underfoot over the last 27 years.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #147: Apr 26, 2016 09:28:36 pm

Justice hasn't been served until those responsible get punished.

Lock them up and throw the key.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #148: Apr 26, 2016 09:30:19 pm
      What'll happen now is the establishment will rush to blame it on the chief inspector who is now dead (White is it?). It'll turn out that it was "all his fault", and f*** all will happen to anybody else.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #149: Apr 26, 2016 09:30:58 pm
      Finally!!!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #150: Apr 26, 2016 09:43:38 pm
      Emotionally wrung out now.
      Feel so much for the families and the family that is liverpool Football Club.
      Liverpool and its people against the world for a generation .... whats new ?

Broke down when watching the live updates from outside court. 
      Tears steaming down my face when they all sang YNWA .
      Trevor Hicks moved me about not seeing his daughters married.  So many emotional triggers today.

Been  a long time coming.

Never Ever Give Up.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #151: Apr 26, 2016 10:26:47 pm
      It's taken a LONG time, way too long. Don't like the word 'closure' particularly, cause how can you ever get closure after what they've been through. And don't necessarily think they've got 'justice' yet either, certainly won't be enough for many. But the verdict will go round the world, will set the story straight, and hopefully many will feel that can at least rest from the fight.
      When hear the individual stories, how it has affected people, how young most of them were, always wells me up, and regardless of today always will. Gone past being angry about it, just sad.
      But today IS important, absolutely no doubt about that.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #152: Apr 26, 2016 10:45:15 pm
      ... AT THE END OF A STORM THERE IS A GOLDEN SKY
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,509 posts | 4850 
      Reply #153: Apr 26, 2016 10:54:35 pm
      https://twitter.com/richardmoore73/status/725075879089590275

The Scum doesn't surprise me but The Times too?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #154: Apr 26, 2016 10:58:53 pm
      Very very surprised at The Times even though it's a Murdoch rag.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,509 posts | 4850 
      Reply #155: Apr 26, 2016 11:02:32 pm
      Very very surprised at The Times even though it's a Murdoch rag.

Tony Barrett has Tweeted 'Unbelievable'. Probably as much a he can say but he'll be feeling very embarrassed.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #156: Apr 26, 2016 11:07:38 pm
      Finally the world has the truth over what we all knew really happened on that day at Hillsborough.While the 96 will be in our minds for ever and ever I would like to remember the man who carried the burden at Anfield of this needless trajedy.I refer to Kenny Dalglish of course,how he kept going in those dark days I will never know,it would of broke many a man.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,890 posts | 6822 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #157: Apr 27, 2016 12:59:06 am
      Now it's time for Justice to be served on these lying bas**rds.
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #158: Apr 27, 2016 01:28:17 am
      Now it's time for Justice to be served on these lying bas**rds.

Quite right.

I remember as a kid going out to play football and came back to watch these scenes on TV angry that the match wasnt played, however once I saw what had really gone on, I dont think I have ever had as many questions in my life as I did that day.

And afterwards, I felt guilty, simply because I wanted the match to have ended and to see the result.

How all these assholes have lived with themself all this time is beyond me. To not only lie, but to go out of their way to blame the innocent is a criminal offence in itself. To have the dead children tested for alcohol in a desperate attempt to deflect the blame is beyond anything I have ever known.

Justice will never be truly done, as all those involved in this cover up are pretty much at the end of their life anyway. All we can do now is thank the families and all the supporters for the continued fight for the truth.

The big question now is, what kind of justice will rival this pain people have suffered all this time, and for the rest of their lives?

evaluator
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 88 posts |
      Reply #159: Apr 27, 2016 01:57:40 am
      It is absurd that it took 27 years for this to come out. It just shows the communiy's strength to unite and stand up for justice.  Proud to be associated with great community with strong values.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #160: Apr 27, 2016 02:07:27 am
      Tony Barrett has Tweeted 'Unbelievable'. Probably as much a he can say but he'll be feeling very embarrassed.

Worth noting as well that The Scum's editor Tony Gallagher was editor of The Daily Telegraph in 2012 when the Independent Panel's findings were released and on that day that newspaper was the only one that didn't have Hillsborough on the front of it, which was surprising for a broadsheet (thankfully the Telegraph does run it on its front page today under new editorial direction).

It's clear that Gallagher holds a contemptible attitude towards the events and the families.

Quick Reply