Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

A plea, to all Liverpool fans

Read 4896 times
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      A plea, to all Liverpool fans
      Nov 04, 2007 12:53:49 pm
      As reffering to the RTK topic.  This is a personal response to all Liverpool fans.

Ask yourself.  Has it been awful quiet at Anfield lately?  Is it because we're not playing the best football at the moment?  Or is it because not many can be bothered to stand up and cheer the Reds on?

What ever the reason, put it behind you.  The players need a HUGE confidence boost at the moment.  And we, as fans.  Can offer them a helping hand.

I for one will be lending my hand in support on Tuesday, in the Champions League against Besiktas.  I will be sitting in the Kop, singing to the top of my lungs until the final whistle.

Anyone else going the game, let's get behind the lads and get through to the knockout stages.  Who wants UEFA Cup football? I certainly don't.

Lets reclaim the best atmosphere in England again.  Let's turn Anfield into a terror for opposing teams to come to.
      curse
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 117 posts | -1 
      • Torres = GOALS!!
      Re: A plea, to all Liverpool fans
      Reply #1: Nov 04, 2007 12:59:35 pm
      Got to agree with you there right now it looks as though Arsenal fans are taking over our mantle. I can't make it to any games for the next few months as im going to Australia but we need to step it up YNWA
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,674 posts | 6967 
      Reply #2: Nov 04, 2007 01:02:49 pm
      Good post Court.  A rallying call - if you're going to Anfield then have a think about what you're singing when the players walk out that tunnel.

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Do not sit there in silence for the following 90 minutes.  The Turkish fans created a brilliant atmosphere at their ground.  It's time to get behind the lads and roar us to what could be an extremely important morale-boosting victory.

Play your part at Anfield this week.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #3: Nov 04, 2007 02:45:55 pm
      I will be in the kop at Anfield on Tuesday Court.

If I am able to speak on Wednesday, then I will be very cross with myself because I will not have done my job properly :o

I will sing my heart out to cheer the lads to victory.

COME ON YE MIGHTY REDS.   YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE.

:kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #4: Nov 04, 2007 03:25:43 pm
      As reffering to the RTK topic.  This is a personal response to all Liverpool fans.

Ask yourself.  Has it been awful quiet at Anfield lately?  Is it because we're not playing the best football at the moment?  Or is it because not many can be bothered to stand up and cheer the Reds on?

What ever the reason, put it behind you.  The players need a HUGE confidence boost at the moment.  And we, as fans.  Can offer them a helping hand.

I for one will be lending my hand in support on Tuesday, in the Champions League against Besiktas.  I will be sitting in the Kop, singing to the top of my lungs until the final whistle.

Anyone else going the game, let's get behind the lads and get through to the knockout stages.  Who wants UEFA Cup football? I certainly don't.

Lets reclaim the best atmosphere in England again.  Let's turn Anfield into a terror for opposing teams to come to.

I wish I could be there & add my support. I still have yet to go to Anfield to see the reds & have had to cheer them on at away games, normally in an away supporters end to boot...sometimes I get the feeling some local reds forget how lucky they are to be able to support their team, week in week out and take things too much for granted.

The Kop needs to remember that it is Liverpool's 12th man & at times like these that 12th man is needed more than ever.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #5: Nov 04, 2007 05:24:09 pm

Great post, I cant make the game im afraid I will be dodging bullets but I know the person who got my tickets wont let the side down she will be cheering for me too so wont be able to speak at all wednesday ;D
      Have to say Im getting a little tired of the negativity from a section of fans some in the stand behind me yesterday. When players have a bad performance they need boosting with some credible support and encouragement. I for one should be back for the porto game at the end of the month and will be shouting at the top of my lungs CMON YOU RED MEN. So in the immortal words of the TV COOK

LETS BE HAVING YOU

lmao rotfl I still laugh at that. Anyroads this is my last post till I get back see you all soon I hope.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #6: Nov 04, 2007 05:27:02 pm
      Stay safe Prag, look forward to discussing our 'win' when you get back  ;)  :kop5cf8koxp6:
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #7: Nov 04, 2007 05:34:40 pm
      Great post, I cant make the game im afraid I will be dodging bullets but I know the person who got my tickets wont let the side down she will be cheering for me too so wont be able to speak at all wednesday ;D
      Have to say Im getting a little tired of the negativity from a section of fans some in the stand behind me yesterday. When players have a bad performance they need boosting with some credible support and encouragement. I for one should be back for the porto game at the end of the month and will be shouting at the top of my lungs CMON YOU RED MEN. So in the immortal words of the TV COOK

LETS BE HAVING YOU

lmao rotfl I still laugh at that. Anyroads this is my last post till I get back see you all soon I hope.

I know what you mean about the negativity from certain fans in the stand. Sometimes all you hear behind you or in front is constant moaning. Fair enough things can create frustration but I think some people need think about encouragement after every moan. A lot of people just moan.

Take care Prag and look after yourself mate. Come home safe and well.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #8: Nov 04, 2007 05:39:41 pm
      Cheers Prag ;)

I wont let you down mate ;)

You take good care of yourself and I'll look forward to your safe return and a chat about the game :)
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #9: Nov 04, 2007 08:30:14 pm
      Why am I getting a strange feeling of deja-vu here?
      benforrest
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts | -8 
      Reply #10: Nov 04, 2007 08:43:37 pm
      Got to agree with you there right now it looks as though Arsenal fans are taking over our mantle. I can't make it to any games for the next few months as im going to Australia but we need to step it up YNWA
      we (australia) try to know alot about football but we don't. anyway, do you all remember the Tottenham game. Not only were their crowds louder than ours, "where's your famous Atmosphere" that the only thing I could hear on TV. Put the atmosphere back into Anfield, it will only be there for a few years! Which is why i'm trying to save up for $3000 about 1400 pounds, so that i can hear the support and get into the Atmosphere
      « Last Edit: Nov 04, 2007 08:49:45 pm by benforrest »
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #11: Nov 04, 2007 09:26:04 pm
      went to the two games last wk cant go till next sat but what i have done is download all the aold song the good ones ie old scoucer tommy put them on disc so anybody i take with me to games has to at least try to learn them and join in when i finally started getting tickets regular i made it my business to learn as many songs as i could to actually join in and play my part in lower centenary last wed tried my best to get people around me to sing without much success but will keep trying whatever part i am in come on tue night get behind the team like the turks did surely we have it in us to do that ynwa ynwa
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Reply #12: Nov 05, 2007 09:26:50 am
      I will be in the kop at Anfield on Tuesday Court.

If I am able to speak on Wednesday, then I will be very cross with myself because I will not have done my job properly :o

I will sing my heart out to cheer the lads to victory.

COME ON YE MIGHTY REDS.   YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE.

:kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:

I will be in the kop with my lad both of us will be singing till we drop.
      Its going to be a great night.
      Richobaz
      • Only posts when we're losing...
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #13: Nov 05, 2007 10:03:17 am
      Don't think the atmosphere and the fans are to blame - and hasn't the 12th Man always been there for Liverpool?
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #14: Nov 05, 2007 11:48:28 am
      Don't think the atmosphere and the fans are to blame - and hasn't the 12th Man always been there for Liverpool?

Not when I've been there mate.  I've been to every home game in Europe this season and it's been poor.  That's why the Reclaim the Kop campaign started last season.  Surely you remember when our 12th man roared the daylights out of oppositions?  I certainly do.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #15: Nov 05, 2007 01:13:39 pm
      Could agree more with Court..

The atmosphere has been a joke of late an Anfield... and it just can't go on.

It is time to think why you are going to the stadium in the first place.

To analyze, moan, boo? NOPE.

To support, encourage our players (collectively and individually) ...and intimidate the opposition? YES.

We are the best supporters in the land.

Let's start with a strong chorus of support for Rafa and work it from there...

The players need a boost, if you are going on Tuesday and you love LFC - do YOUR bit.

YOUR CLUB NEEDS YOU... and your vocal chords.

YNWA.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,674 posts | 6967 
      Reply #16: Nov 05, 2007 08:01:01 pm
      It will be a great atmosphere.  There is a bit of a buzz around the city about this game.  It feels a bit like this is the beginning of really starting the season...
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #17: Nov 05, 2007 10:11:25 pm
      It will be a great atmosphere.  There is a bit of a buzz around the city about this game.  It feels a bit like this is the beginning of really starting the season...

I've picked up on that too mate. I hope we will well and truly click into gear on all fronts tomorrow and long may it continue.

Also, well said Donrafael!!!
      rach.uk
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts |
      Reply #18: Nov 05, 2007 10:19:17 pm
      I will be there, I am not in the Kop and I am going on my ownsome but I will shout and sing and cheer!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #19: Nov 05, 2007 10:45:11 pm

I do hope so JD, are you  going to the match?
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #20: Nov 06, 2007 12:49:55 am
      Liverpoolfc.tv

CARRA: CROWD CAN BE A BIG FACTOR

Jamie Carragher is confident the Anfield crowd can inspire Liverpool to another famous European victory when they face Besiktas in the Champions League tomorrow.

The Reds defender acknowledges that Rafa Benitez's side have it all to do if they are to qualify for the knockout stages of the competition, but is hoping another show of great support from the fans, will help Liverpool clinch three vital points against the Turkish outfit.

"It's a big factor," said Carragher in reference to Anfield's famous 12th man.

"It's one of the main reasons why we've done so well in the Champions League. Obviously the players and the manager have played their part, but I'm sure everyone would recognise that the supporters played a massive role in getting us to Istanbul and getting us to Athens, and we need them at the moment, because we haven't done as well as we would have liked in the first three games.

"The players and the manager need to play their part, but I'm sure the Kop and the supporters will also have a massive part to play tomorrow."

The Reds are currently bottom of Group A with just one point from three games played, and although Carragher admits they cannot afford any mistakes in their remaining matches, he insists they must take each game one step at a time.

"Of course we'd love to win all three games, but we've got to make sure we beat Besiktas first," said Carragher.

"We don't want to start thinking about the last game away to Marseille, we've got to be respectful to Besiktas and concentrate 100 per cent on this game, try and get the three points and then move on to the Porto game."

In recent years the Reds have been involved in their fair share of high pressure matches in Europe, and Carragher wants his teammates to call upon all that experience against Ertugrul Saglam's side, and show the type attitude and determination that has seen them reach two finals in the past three seasons.

"We are a big club and every time you have results that don't go well there is a lot of pressure," said Carragher.

"This club is built on character and I think we've proved that over the last few years, and maybe tomorrow might be that game that we need to show that again.

"We, as the players, need to start well and make it a great atmosphere and get the fans going and then hopefully we can make it a great European night."

Even Jamie is backing the fans to motivate us tomorrow.  I can't stress enough how much we can make the difference by cheering the lads on.

So come on you Red men.  Knockout stages here we come.

Xabi1309
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 340 posts |
      Reply #21: Nov 06, 2007 09:33:47 am
      I totally agree that we should get behind the team but I would expect the players to peform.

It is no good singing your heart out when the players don't respond.

The players should be motivated enough to go out tonight and give Besiktas a hiding..there is a lot riding on tonights performance.

I only hope the players step up and get a grip.

That said I hope everyone going tonight has a great time and enjoys a fine win.

I am at work so have to settle with watching the game on the TV!

:kop5cf8koxp6:

oldbill1894
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      Reply #22: Nov 07, 2007 01:45:57 am
      Got to give this one to you... Anfield has gone rather quiet....
      At the Cardiff game (League cup) I was amazed to see that the fans werent really gettign behind the lads. More amazingly, I couldnt believe how many seats had been given to away fans. Ive not seen that before. Usually its just a corner.. not the whole lower stand.
      I sang, stood up, joined in and... well felt like a bit of a pr**k actually as I just got stared at!!!
      And the ultimate piss take was that cardiff sang \"Anfields a library... SSHHH!" and "Youre one nil up and still wont sing".
      Too many corporate seats? maybe....
      Oh and while we are speaking of atmosphere at anfield. The two plonkers who decided to have a "disagreement" in the KOP resulting in one being taken away.. and no doubt kicked out.... What a great idea that was to fight your own.
      I watched in amazement. Two guys supporting our team... taking pops at each other....
      Now everyone has there opinion on things.. be it right or deemed wrong by society. Some people are gay, black, asian etc.
      I personally am Asian, Indian. I have met some scousers who dont like me for this... but when Im at Anfield.... This doesnt matter and I LOVE it for this reason. For 90 minutes, All that matters is on the pitch. First time I went to anfield, I stood next to a bloke... yes stood... at the KOP who was telling his mate about some black guy at his work. The language used was obscene but wasnt aimed at me so i ignored it. When we scored this same bloke picked me up so I could see the celebrations (I was 8 years old). He went on to tell me about when he met Ian Rush at Half time and at the end of the match he walked off. But for that time, my colour didnt matter. Anfield and the atmosphere made by those types of people are why I go back.... And I want it back too.
      START F-ING SINGING AND GET BEHIND YOUR BOYS!!

Quick Reply