Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      1 (0.6%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      2 (1.1%)
      Dejan Lovren
      8 (4.5%)
      Kolo Toure
      2 (1.1%)
      Alberto Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Emre Can
      74 (41.3%)
      James Milner
      10 (5.6%)
      Phil Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      2 (1.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      66 (36.9%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      13 (7.3%)
      Joe Allen
      0 (0%)
      Christian Benteke
      1 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 175

Voting closed: May 09, 2016 10:05:29 pm

Liverpool 3-0 Villarreal [3-1]: In game and Post Match delight

Read 58040 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Liverpool 3-0 Villarreal [3-1]: In game and Post Match delight
      Reply #1058: May 06, 2016 01:44:05 pm
      Congratulations to your team and club, you've played well throughout the competition and deserve to be in the final.

Respect mate.
      marska43
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 132 posts | 14 
      Reply #1059: May 06, 2016 01:45:13 pm
      Oh how I wish I could have been there at Anfield to be a part of that experience. You could feel it even through the television thousands of miles away.

Honestly don't know where to begin with the praise. Lovren and Kolo, our FB's were end line-to-end line. Can was so impressive after his injury spell, and Milner is a damn warrior. Lallana is a constant pest to the opposition, Couts was less effective but always dangerous, Firmino had a hand in all 3 goals (MOTM for me, and that turn on that pr**k Soldado...), and Danny showed why he needs to on the pitch. The fans, proving why they're the best in the world. And finally, Jürgen: we've felt his effect now, we've seen the influence he has had, and we've been blessed to have the best manager in the world for our club. On to the final. What a time to be a supporter of this club!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1060: May 06, 2016 01:46:10 pm
      Milner says he hopes Henderson comes back for the final as the captain.

I bluddy hope not. Same team. Henderson can find another club for next season. Thank you very much.

Agreed. Dont want him anywhere near the team.   Can and Milner are doing it for me.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1061: May 06, 2016 01:52:44 pm
      Yes, I agree with his emotions but in the last couple of games he looked uninterested. Maybe he was keep his reservoir full :0

Pleased to see his involvement last night. Was doing a lot of running off the ball.
      It was as if the semi gave him a purpose after a long time out.

We deserved to see him celebrate like that.
      We had too many faces like a slapped arse being substituted prior to last night.

Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #1062: May 06, 2016 02:01:50 pm
      Seen this quote last night from Klopp's presser.

After the game, Klopp was asked about his exchanges with Marcelino, the Liverpool boss said: “OK. I would not be like him one second in my life. And he’s a great manager.”

:lmao:

F***ing loved that mate.

Question came from a Spanish journo, who  said (paraphrasing): "Marcelino has said that you are a great manager but he would not act like you (were) in victory."

To which Klopp rather succinctly replies. "Ok, I would not be like him for one second of my life. And he's a great manager"

Gonna need ice for that burn!!
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,726 posts | 3740 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1063: May 06, 2016 02:04:41 pm
      Pleased to see his involvement last night. Was doing a lot of running off the ball.
      It was as if the semi gave him a purpose after a long time out.

We deserved to see him celebrate like that.
      We had too many faces like a slapped arse being substituted prior to last night.

Exactly, he needs to show his passion.
      paulow63
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 684 posts | 91 
      Reply #1064: May 06, 2016 02:17:13 pm
      possible that Sevilla won't sell all their allocation so Liverpool would get these
      I may be wrong but I think Seville has a population about a third again more than the city of Liverpool so they should sell their allocation especially as they will be going for a unique treble of consecutive wins. They reckon there is about 3,000 Glaswegians still in the city and surrounding area who never returned after Celtic's 2003 Eufa Cup Final.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4420 
      Reply #1065: May 06, 2016 02:20:38 pm
      I may be wrong but I think Seville has a population about a third again more than the city of Liverpool so they should sell their allocation especially as they will be going for a unique treble of consecutive wins. They reckon there is about 3,000 Glaswegians still in the city and surrounding area who never returned after Celtic's 2003 Eufa Cup Final.

Dont think they have managed to sell out the last two finals they reached so not sure how much of a travelling fan base they have.

LFC is a world wide fanbase so comparing the cities populations is pointless.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #1066: May 06, 2016 02:29:57 pm
      Seville will be tough - they have won this trophy 4 times in the last 10 seasons

Their record in finals (in this competition : 4-0, ours 3-0)

Booked my flight weeks ago (before Qtr final) - just need to get a ticket now !
      poolio_54
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 376 posts | 11 
      Reply #1067: May 06, 2016 02:34:14 pm
      Jus watched sevilla vs shaktar, play with the intensity of last night n we will turn these guys over
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4420 
      Reply #1068: May 06, 2016 02:36:58 pm
      Jus watched sevilla vs shaktar, play with the intensity of last night n we will turn these guys over

They have been awful away from home, second worst record in la liga

Obviously better in the Cups but as you say nothing for us to fear.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #1069: May 06, 2016 03:36:48 pm
      Liverpool boss Jürgen Klopp, speaking to BT Sport: "Wonderful night, brilliant game from my side. What a performance. The first half an hour was a big emotion. It was great. The last 15 minutes of tthe first half we lost patience. The second half plan was to keep going with the emotional football but using the brain a bit more and in the end brilliant.

"Everyone spoke a lot about this team before I came here. It was all about quality and not good transfers, I came here because I thought they had a nice squad but now we are in the final - Basel - a longer season!"

We all thought back in August this was a decent squad and with two finals and a performance like last night maybe we were right Jürgen certainly thinks so
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,597 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1070: May 06, 2016 05:21:14 pm
      Brilliant result, well done LFC players and staff. ANother final in Europe. superb.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #1071: May 06, 2016 06:13:11 pm
      I eventually gave MOTM to Firmino as good as lots of players were he had a hand in all of the goals.
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #1072: May 06, 2016 06:19:28 pm
      Voted for Firmino as well for all these reasons plus for the way he exposed that Soldado c**t !
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1073: May 06, 2016 06:21:21 pm
      Voted for Firmino as well for all these reasons plus for the way he exposed that Soldado c**t !
      It's a shame Benteke didn't flatten him in injury time.
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #1074: May 06, 2016 06:33:38 pm
      It's a shame Benteke didn't flatten him in injury time.

Shame indeed as he didn't look to have come round from the vertigo symptoms yet  :D
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,326 posts | 773 
      Reply #1075: May 06, 2016 06:47:43 pm
      True Liverpool fans, all over the world, especially loyal supporters, have something to cheer about. Looking forward to yet another final.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #1076: May 06, 2016 07:46:09 pm
      We all thought back in August this was a decent squad and with two finals and a performance like last night maybe we were right Jürgen certainly thinks so

Actually a ton of people have said  it's not a good enough squad (at least when Brendan  was in charge) and made the point that Brendan had not assembled a good enough group of players to actually win anything.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,385 posts | 1542 
      Reply #1077: May 06, 2016 08:01:19 pm
      On reflection, I can't remember another game in the last 50 years where we applied so much intense pressure on a side who were so say equal to us. They were so over run, and so overawed, it was like they were all she'll shocked. Their manager obviously had a 1/2 time team talk that raised their game for about 10 mins, then it was same old.
      Hold on tight, you're about to be returned to the cyclone which is Liverpool !
      So powerful and dominant in every department, I'm not sure there's a team on the planet that would have had an answer to that performance.
      Still buzzing.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,385 posts | 1542 
      Reply #1078: May 06, 2016 08:31:58 pm
      On reflection, I can't remember another game in the last 50 years where we applied so much intense pressure on a side who were so say equal to us. They were so over run, and so overawed, it was like they were all she'll shocked. Their manager obviously had a 1/2 time team talk that raised their game for about 10 mins, then it was same old.
      Hold on tight, you're about to be returned to the cyclone which is Liverpool !
      So powerful and dominant in every department, I'm not sure there's a team on the planet that would have had an answer to that performance.
      Still buzzing.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,973 posts | 5032 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1079: May 06, 2016 08:39:01 pm
      Last nights total domination is only the beginning, Jürgen has instilled a confidence and belief in his players akin to what Ranieri has achieved at Leicester, the difference being Claudio had a pre-season, a injury free squad, and a entire season free of European football,

Next season, Jürgen will have had a pre-season, he will add more quality players, players who he wants and trusts, those who come in will have a hunger and desire to work with him, especially if we land a CL spot, his efforts thus far will get noticed the world over,  the performances of late especially against BvB and again last night will have sent shock waves throughout Europe,

with Matip & Grujic already in the bag, and with other high profile names being linked, it won't surprise me one bit if the likes of Reus, Goetze, Gundogan, Hummels, Ter Stegen are continuously linked during this summer, I'm not saying any of these are Jürgen's targets however, it's more the level of quality we should be attracting, I'm sure Jürgen's knowledge of the Bundesliga could produce one or two relatively unknowns but retain the same hunger and desire he wants and obviously save a shekel or two,

It's going to be a very interesting summer, with the usual bullshit red tops linking us with whoever, but whoever we do bring in, it won't be a TC trialist with the hope he comes good, those days I hope are gone, Jürgen doesn't come across as a "ok, I'll take second or third choice" kind of bloke, he only wants those who fit, and are willing to run that extra 2 miles and never ever give up.

Be Afraid, Be very Afraid......

........Liverpool FC, that sleeping giant, has just woken up !!

PEACE & JUSTICE '96'

YNWA
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,604 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1080: May 06, 2016 09:30:24 pm
      Did we win comfortably last night to get to the final?

It's not getting old. Still feels damn good  :food-smiley-005:

Quick Reply