Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Mignolet
      5 (5.7%)
      Flanagan
      0 (0%)
      Skrtel
      2 (2.3%)
      Lucas
      4 (4.5%)
      Moreno
      3 (3.4%)
      Allen
      58 (65.9%)
      Stewart
      1 (1.1%)
      Ojo
      4 (4.5%)
      Ibe
      1 (1.1%)
      Coutinho
      1 (1.1%)
      Benteke
      2 (2.3%)
      Firmino
      7 (8%)
      Brannagan
      0 (0%)
      Randall
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Voting closed: May 11, 2016 05:59:20 pm

Liverpool 2:0 Watford: In game & post match debate.

Read 23824 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,218 posts | 4417 
      Re: Liverpool 2:0 Watford: In game & post match debate.
      Reply #276: May 08, 2016 07:25:01 pm
      Pleased with the win and don't want to be negative but Skrtel is a lost cause, the only times Watford threatened was when he dropped off playing their strikers onside!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #277: May 08, 2016 07:42:34 pm
      Pleased with the win and don't want to be negative but Skrtel is a lost cause, the only times Watford threatened was when he dropped off playing their strikers onside!

Even in matches where we keep a clean sheet he is still poor. That Watford side really weren't up to much either and haven't been for a while now. Questions have to be asked as to whether he's even Premier League standard now.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #278: May 08, 2016 07:46:27 pm
      Pleased with the win and I (honestly) don't want to be a mealy-mouthed, negative, mewling, simpleton so... er... I won't be. Great win lads.

How easy was that?  :o  >:D 
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #279: May 08, 2016 07:48:48 pm
      Pleased with the win and I (honestly) don't want to be a mealy-mouthed, negative, mewling, simpleton so... er... I won't be. Great result lads.

How easy was that?   :o

What kind of a comment is that you mealy-mouthed, positive, mewling, simpleton so and so  :f_tongueincheek:
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,789 posts | 892 
      Reply #280: May 08, 2016 08:09:35 pm

Please don't correct another poster when they are only jumping on the bandwagon. It is not a requirement to be factual.  :roll: :roll:
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #281: May 08, 2016 08:13:15 pm
      Easy peasy, lemon squeezy  ;D

3 points, 2nd string squad (apart from a couple of Brazilians), 0 injuries and nobody really broke sweat considering the temperatures  ;)

Nice Sunday afternoon stroll round Anfield for the lads, bring on the chavs  ;D 
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #282: May 08, 2016 09:15:16 pm
      Has anyone mentioned the two good defensive blocks by Skrtel today? Just checking!!

Good save by Mignolet in the second half and actually thought Moreno had a decent game.

The shot by little Philly was unlucky, nice move for Joe's goal and was really impressed by Bobby's run and shot for his goal, certainly livened us up.

And who knew Jerzy Dudek was a rally car driver? Found out about that little gem at half time when they brought Jerzy out onto the pitch.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #283: May 08, 2016 09:19:53 pm
      Has anyone mentioned the two good defensive blocks by Skrtel today? Just checking!!

I did in game and it was in between two posts slating him for being sh*t :D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #284: May 08, 2016 09:24:43 pm
      I did in game and it was in between two posts slating him for being sh*t :D

Two fellas I was chatting with during the game did that about Joe Allen and Benteke just before they combined for the first.  :laugh:

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #285: May 08, 2016 09:32:05 pm
      Two fellas I was chatting with during the game did that about Joe Allen and Benteke just before they combined for the first.  :laugh:

Was it their first time watching since Jürgen took over? :D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #286: May 08, 2016 09:35:09 pm
      Was it their first time watching since Jürgen took over? :D

No actually, they're regulars  ;)
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #287: May 08, 2016 10:55:10 pm
      A good result but the game itself was super sh*t, I was bored out of my mind. Watford couldn't care less what the outcome of the match was so there was no need for us to move out of second gear. Very slow boring game with a silent crowd. I can't ever remember us winning a league game yet being desperate for it finish so I could go home and watch paint dry.

Mignolet - played very well to be fair, one world class save in the second half and a couple of other good stops.

Flanno - reminds me of when carragher used to play full back sometimes. Solid defensively but doesn't cross the half way line.

Skrtel - don't rate him but he did well today. Wasn't tested much to be honest.

Lucas - I noticed he was caught out once or twice which is probably natural considering he was playing out of position but he did well too.

Moreno - one of our better players today. Couldn't fault him.

Stewart - strolled around comfortably. Passed it simple five yards. Was never pressured or pressed. Easiest game he will ever have.

Allen - same as above and because he got on the score sheet he was my motm. Was good to see him making forward runs.

Coutinho - one of our better players too. He was our best attacking player.

Ibe - don't remember him touching the ball in the first half. Second half I thought he was wasteful. Poor game.

Ojo - Looks a lot better on the ball than Ibe but wasn't involved very much either.

Benteke - good assist for Allen but again I thought he was dreadful overall. Missed a sitter in stoppage time which made me laugh because it just sums him up.

bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #288: May 08, 2016 11:13:21 pm
      A good result but the game itself was super sh*t, I was bored out of my mind. Watford couldn't care less what the outcome of the match was so there was no need for us to move out of second gear. Very slow boring game with a silent crowd. I can't ever remember us winning a league game yet being desperate for it finish so I could go home and watch paint dry.

Mignolet - played very well to be fair, one world class save in the second half and a couple of other good stops.

Flanno - reminds me of when carragher used to play full back sometimes. Solid defensively but doesn't cross the half way line.

Lucas - I noticed he was caught out once or twice which is probably natural considering he was playing out of position but he did well too.

Stewart - strolled around comfortably. Passed it simple five yards. Was never pressured or pressed. Easiest game he will ever have.

Allen - same as above and because he got on the score sheet he was my motm. Was good to see him making forward runs.

Ibe - don't remember him touching the ball in the first half. Second half I thought he was wasteful. Poor game.

Ojo - Looks a lot better on the ball than Ibe but wasn't involved very much either.

Benteke - good assist for Allen but again I thought he was dreadful overall. Missed a sitter in stoppage time which made me laugh because it just sums him up.

I woke up just in time for the Firmino goal , Joe Allen put in a fine shift again . He needs to stay put for another while , very handy player he's become under Klopp .

bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #289: May 08, 2016 11:18:35 pm

Joe seems to be making all " including myself" who mocked him eat their words of late , fair play to the man .

DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #290: May 08, 2016 11:56:50 pm
      was a good solid win

3pts
      young lads got playing time
      clean sheet

nothing really much else to ask for. 

and as for benteke, I am on the opposite side of may people's opinions today.  Yes he didn't get any goals but imo he worked very hard and I am seeing improvements in his runs and game vision.   His header to allen was class.  He had a gorgeous pass to coutinho that cou fanned on that would've been a simple tap in.  He did well the lad.  I have no complaints with him today.

andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #291: May 09, 2016 12:02:27 am

Just got back from the game , what stand was you in today ? As you say it was quiet , it certainly wasn't where I was , only gripe on a scorcher like today how does a club run out of water was parched time I left that game , Little Joe motm again , really making me eat humble pie . Tastes ok though.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #292: May 09, 2016 12:09:28 am

Yeah I watched it online and it was the most tedious game I've watched in a long long time. It had a feeling beyond the irrelevance of a friendly.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #293: May 09, 2016 12:20:34 am
      Just got back from the game , what stand was you in today ? As you say it was quiet , it certainly wasn't where I was , only gripe on a scorcher like today how does a club run out of water was parched time I left that game , Little Joe motm again , really making me eat humble pie . Tastes ok though.

I was in the upper cenny mate at the kop end. It was dead by me.

Only noise came from the Anfield road very late on in the game when they tried to get a few songs going, including YNWA which never took off properly.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #294: May 09, 2016 12:21:04 am
      Has to be said with Klopp, Quique Flores and Allen on show today there was some magnificent beard work throughout. Top efforts all round!
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #295: May 09, 2016 12:27:45 am
      I was in the upper cenny mate at the kop end. It was dead by me.

Only noise came from the Anfield road very late on in the game when they tried to get a few songs going, including YNWA which never took off properly.

That's where I was mate don't know how the sound came over, but there was a couple of lulls but in the main there was quite a lot of singing mainly due in part to a guy sat just in front of me he wouldn't let it drop and he was encouraging all around him to get going fair play to him ,
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,674 posts | 6968 
      Reply #296: May 09, 2016 12:38:13 am
      ust got back from the game , what stand was you in today ? As you say it was quiet , it certainly wasn't where I was

I was in the Main Stand, and yeah, no surprise it was fairly quiet today.  More power to the players I say.  League these last few games is now a sideshow so they did well to put in a decent enough performance to get all three points.

Joe Allen did very well.  I don't think he is a good enough footballer to be a first XI player but he is definitely in the 18.  Problem is that he could be in many other sides first XI so I wouldn't begrudge him moving on - makes sense for him.

I expect a more senior team for the Chelsea game but the West Brom game, coming just 76 hours before the final should be a total rest game.

In fact, looking at it now, it's farcical that a European final is so close to the end of a domestic season.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #297: May 09, 2016 12:51:25 am
      I was in the Main Stand, and yeah, no surprise it was fairly quiet today.  More power to the players I say.  League these last few games is now a sideshow so they did well to put in a decent enough performance to get all three points.

Joe Allen did very well.  I don't think he is a good enough footballer to be a first XI player but he is definitely in the 18.  Problem is that he could be in many other sides first XI so I wouldn't begrudge him moving on - makes sense for him.

I expect a more senior team for the Chelsea game but the West Brom game, coming just 76 hours before the final should be a total rest game.

In fact, looking at it now, it's farcical that a European final is so close to the end of a domestic season.

I seriously don't expect next Sunday to be anything else but a write off. Of course those players chosen to play will be expected to put in their full effort however.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #298: May 09, 2016 12:53:17 am

Would agree with that mate , came up the Sandon see if I could spot any of you , didn't stay long went the arkles saw Allan he is one sound guy , didn't know the guy with him have seen him before he's the one that does the drawings for the kids top man he is ,
      Got talking to a guy on the way back through the park Kenny shook his young lads hand today he was saying he wouldn't wash his hand for a week made me laugh that , had some good banter and songs today with a fella and his dad over from Dublin , fair play his dad has been over twenty times this season two cracking fellas , don't know if it was the sun out but a lot of smart women around where I was today quite a few in denim shorts enough to put you off the game .

Quick Reply