Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W12 D1 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Adam Bogdan
      0 (0%)
      Jon Flanagan
      1 (2.8%)
      Martin Skrtel
      1 (2.8%)
      Lucas Leiva
      7 (19.4%)
      Brad Smith
      1 (2.8%)
      Cameron Brannagan
      4 (11.1%)
      Kevin Stewart
      1 (2.8%)
      Joe Allen
      5 (13.9%)
      Jordon Ibe
      9 (25%)
      Sheyi Ojo
      3 (8.3%)
      Christian Benteke
      1 (2.8%)
      Danny Ings
      1 (2.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Sergi Canos
      2 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Voting closed: May 17, 2016 05:00:46 pm

West Brom 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match debate

Read 26474 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Live: West Brom V Liverpool
      Reply #322: May 15, 2016 05:09:17 pm
      I was right about Wisdom Flanagan Rossiter not being good enough.
      I don't know why you said his middle name, but who is Wisdom Rossiter?
      Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      • Doing things over and expecting different results
      Re: West Brom 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match debate
      Reply #323: May 15, 2016 05:24:31 pm
      Horrific premier league campaign. Let's draw a line under it and start fresh next season.

I hope we win on Wednesday!

terrible terrible league campaign.

sad times when west ham and southampton are finishing above you.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #324: May 15, 2016 05:31:09 pm

Finishing 21 points behind Leicester City says everything about our League campaign. Last season we finished 21 points in front of them...42 point turn around.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,966 posts | 5022 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #325: May 15, 2016 05:35:55 pm
      It's a extremely disappointing league season, I think we can all agree,  our performances have been far from good enough and were not of a standard we are used to, but there is hope, and there is a very bright future ahead of us,

We have all witnessed recently the improvements not only in team play but from individuals most of us thought were not cutting the mustard, under Jürgen of course he has instilled a confidence so evident that we look a completely  different prospect to that prior to October, our season hasn't finished quite yet with total focus now very much on Wednesday, winning will mean qualification in the CL which will be absolutely fantastic, losing of course will once again be very disappointing but every moon has a silver lining and imho won't be such a bad thing going into next season,

All in all apart from the cup runs we can't really look upon our season as anything but being disappointing, but we do have a bright future, we can look ahead with optimism, we have at last a world class manager who has given us all a massive smile that will last all summer long,

I cannot wait for next season, I have a feeling this time next year our smiles will be even wider,

Bring it on !

YNWA
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #326: May 15, 2016 05:36:50 pm
      We were also 25 points below Chelsea, and now 10 points above them...
      And I'm feeling the exact opposite of what I was end of last season. Sometimes it's not just about the number of points.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #327: May 15, 2016 05:40:21 pm
      I was right about Balotelli being a waste of space.
      I was right about Ilori being a pointless signing.
      I was right about Aspas being a waste of money.
      I was right about Alberto being a questionable risky signing.
      I was right about Lambert being our worst ever signing.
      I was right about Benteke and Carroll being big money flops.
      I was the first to notice Johnsons dip in form and was the first to criticise him.
      I was the first to notice soon after suarez left how out of depth Rodgers became.

You're also the man who's said this:

I hope he stays and we can bring in a manager than can get the best out of him.

whats with all the hate for mario?

he's playing in a team with 10 losers behind him, and a manager who is completely inept.

let's face it, he's not been given the proper chance to feature in a proper liverpool line up often.

he needs to be playing alongside studge and cou every game

So get fu**ed about you being 'right' about Balo because you were defending him for ages.

Said this about a sh*te right back Manquillo:

whyyyyy wonttttttt youuuuuuu playyyyyyyyyy himmmmmmmmm

You said this about Glen Johnson:

not sure where it all went wrong for glen...

should have kept them dreadlocks me thinks

However literally hundreds of posts had been made about his dip in form before you, making you at best the 100th person to notice his dip in form.

Said this about Danny Ings before he signed:

liverpool fc.

filling the team with squad players since 1892

Which not only shows your lack of understanding of what a good player Ings is, but a lot of disrespect for the club.

You called the club a 'trainwreck' for wanting to sell Martin Skrtel which is so ironic it's almost beautiful.

You said:

if not trippier or even el mohammedy would do me as a 'safe' option

In relation to signing a right back, claiming each would be better value than Clyne. EL MOHAMMEDY! :lmao: moron.

Said this about Joe Gomez before you even give the kid a chance

welcome, hope to see you play for us in 5 years time...if you're still around

Good prediction again.

You were sure Firmino was going to jump ship and go to united and then when he did sign you said this:

29m is ridiculous

You've said Coutinho is world class and within a week turned your tail and said

he shows his quality every 1 in 5 games.

Let's not pretend as if you deserve any credit for any of the things you claim because:
      a) I've shown you're lying about at least some of them
      b) Saying Aspas, Lambert, Rossiter, Illori, Carroll and Wisdom aren't the best signings doesn't take a genius and was the consensus across the forum and all fans. Saying you were right about them is like saying 'I told you the sun would set today'.

I think you should get back into your little box Binomial, you're not the first name that springs to mind when I think of informed fans.
      +16
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,623 posts | 2159 
      Reply #328: May 15, 2016 05:54:29 pm
      terrible terrible league campaign.

sad times when west ham and southampton are finishing above you.

Talk about stating the obvious. Haven't replied to any of your posts all season and this will probably be the only time but to echo most on here, you really are a tw*t
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #329: May 15, 2016 05:56:31 pm

So get fu**ed about you being 'right' about Balo because you were defending him for ages.

However literally hundreds of posts had been made about his dip in form before you, making you at best the 100th person to notice his dip in form.

Which not only shows your lack of understanding of what a good player Ings is, but a lot of disrespect for the club.

You called the club a 'trainwreck' for wanting to sell Martin Skrtel which is so ironic it's almost beautiful.

You said:

In relation to signing a right back, claiming each would be better value than Clyne. EL MOHAMMEDY! :lmao: moron.

Good prediction again.

You were sure Firmino was going to jump ship and go to united and then when he did sign you said this:

Let's not pretend as if you deserve any credit for any of the things you claim because:
      b) Saying Aspas, Lambert, Rossiter, Illori, Carroll and Wisdom aren't the best signings doesn't take a genius and was the consensus across the forum and all fans. Saying you were right about them is like saying 'I told you the sun would set today'.

I think you should get back into your little box Binomial, you're not the first name that springs to mind when I think of informed fans.

I'd loved to have been able to post all that but I didn't have the patience to look through all his sh*t posts.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #330: May 15, 2016 05:59:05 pm
      I'd loved to have been able to post all that but I didn't have the patience to look through all his sh*t posts.

It didn't require any patience because I immediately found things which made him contradict himself :P
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #331: May 15, 2016 06:02:04 pm
      I was right about Balotelli being a waste of space.
      I was right about Ilori being a pointless signing.
      I was right about Aspas being a waste of money.
      I was right about Alberto being a questionable risky signing.
      I was right about Lambert being our worst ever signing.
      I was right about Benteke and Carroll being big money flops.
      I was the first to notice Johnsons dip in form and was the first to criticise him.
      I was the first to notice soon after suarez left how out of depth Rodgers became.

Oh holy F**k! Dick swing much? Give yourself a pat on the back for being so amazing!
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #332: May 15, 2016 06:30:33 pm
      missed all the second half
      how was it
      and how and how Danny Ings was and got
      happy for the lad to be fit at least for  the last game
      YNWA
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #333: May 15, 2016 06:53:16 pm

You said:

Good prediction again.

Brilliant!

Binomial's arse well and truly handed to him on a plate!!!  :lmao:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #334: May 15, 2016 07:02:43 pm
      Stop bumping posts from mentally challenged internet users!

Ibe scored a beauty. More gifs and videos of that, please.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,256 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #335: May 15, 2016 07:52:02 pm
      Stop bumping posts from mentally challenged internet users!

Ibe scored a beauty. More gifs and videos of that, please.

https://twitter.com/MDGoalsHD/status/731853595369439232

https://twitter.com/TheAnfieldChat/status/731853191583764481
      MsGerrard
      Reply #336: May 15, 2016 08:07:40 pm
      Back from the Hawthorns on this bright May sunny day, have to congratulate them on the '96 tribute' red seats in the away end and a rather nice justice banner...respect.

I actually felt with the team we had out there today, we did just enough to have won it, but with nothing really very much at stake it was a bit of a typical end of season game, highlights for me was having a great speck right behind the goal, seeing Jordan Henderson and especially Danny Ings right back in the mix and Ings did more in his short time on the pitch than lazy knickers Benteke did in the whole of the game.....  :roll:

Nice that the players came over to thank us for our away support this season  and of course all the singing was about going to Switzerland for some reason  ;) ;)

High hopes for next season of course with Jürgen having a full pre-season under his belt and it's imperative that we get off to the best start possible, but that's for August, in the meantime, I need a few months off, having been to every Liverpool home game this season (in all competitions) as well as quite a few aways, I need a break and I need to save some money to do it all over again next season  :kop5cf8koxp6:
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #337: May 15, 2016 08:35:53 pm
      Missed the match as I was out but another meh result.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #338: May 15, 2016 08:40:00 pm
      Back from the Hawthorns on this bright May sunny day, have to congratulate them on the '96 tribute' red seats in the away end and a rather nice justice banner...respect.

I actually felt with the team we had out there today, we did just enough to have won it, but with nothing really very much at stake it was a bit of a typical end of season game, highlights for me was having a great speck right behind the goal, seeing Jordan Henderson and especially Danny Ings right back in the mix and Ings did more in his short time on the pitch than lazy knickers Benteke did in the whole of the game.....  :roll:

Nice that the players came over to thank us for our away support this season  and of course all the singing was about going to Switzerland for some reason  ;) ;)

High hopes for next season of course with Jürgen having a full pre-season under his belt and it's imperative that we get off to the best start possible, but that's for August, in the meantime, I need a few months off, having been to every Liverpool home game this season (in all competitions) as well as quite a few aways, I need a break and I need to save some money to do it all over again next season  :kop5cf8koxp6:

Seen the pics of the tribute. Maximum respect to them. Rickie Lambert was one of their players involved which was appropriate.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your last away jaunt of the season Cas.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,674 posts | 6968 
      Reply #339: May 15, 2016 08:44:27 pm
      Finishing 21 points behind Leicester City says everything about our League campaign. Last season we finished 21 points in front of them...42 point turn around.

Don't know how much it says about our campaign.  Think it might say more about theirs.

We finished 2 points less than last season.

They finished 40 points better than last season
      MsGerrard
      Reply #340: May 15, 2016 08:45:00 pm
      Seen the pics of the tribute. Maximum respect to them. Rickie Lambert was one of their players involved which was appropriate.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your last away jaunt of the season Cas.

Yeah, top man is our Rickie  ;D

Thanks eurored, just a shame we didn't end the season on a win, but better than stoke last season  :f_wah:
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #341: May 15, 2016 08:48:49 pm

You said:

Good prediction again.

So what you are saying in a nutshell is:

Binomial..Spouting sh*te since 2014.

I concur
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #342: May 15, 2016 08:50:28 pm
      Yeah, top man is our Rickie  ;D

Thanks eurored, just a shame we didn't end the season on a win, but better than stoke last season  :f_wah:

I shudder ..... and it was Stevie's last game. What a let down.
      Another record that result was ..... since 1963 .... for all the wrong reasons.
      Behind us now.

MsGerrard
      Reply #343: May 15, 2016 10:24:52 pm
      I shudder ..... and it was Stevie's last game. What a let down.
      Another record that result was ..... since 1963 .... for all the wrong reasons.
      Behind us now.

He trudged off the pitch a broken man....it broke my heart to see him like that on his last game....onwards and upwards now though eurored  :) we look forward with great hope in our hearts now.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #344: May 15, 2016 10:41:50 pm
      3 days away from the biggest game since 2005 and no pre match thread?  ???

Quick Reply