Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

Loris Karius (End of Contract)

Read 206462 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,466 posts | 4591 
      Re: Loris Karius Player Thread
      Reply #483: Dec 12, 2016 01:19:22 pm
      Agree mate haven't been too fond of some of Carras work as a pundit.

Karius still number one fir me..

Carra having a pop at Didi now & bringing up something Carra helped Didi in the past...

Bit of a cuntish thing to do..
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #484: Dec 12, 2016 01:21:54 pm
      What i will say about the situation is that i take issue with Carra having a dig at Karius RE the Gary Neville comments. First off off, I think he was misguided for doing it, but Carra might be an 'impartial' pundit these days but his love in with Neville is a bit cringy. Carra should have backed Katius up, even in a jokey way. Something on the lines off 'I've been trying to get Gary to shut up for years'.

Now Ratboys brother Phil has joined in with stuff this morning which was all a bit predictable.

Need to close ranks and back our own in public, just like the sky boys and Garys gimp brother Phil have done with rat boy.

Agreed, no matter what his own private thoughts were that was certainly a moment when Karius needed someone in his corner. He's taking flak from everywhere right now, even James Pearce of the Echo having a little pop, which I found surprising considering he usually cozies up to Jürgen.

I wonder if he's a bit pissed at Mellissa Reddy getting all the early info! :lmao:

There's a lot to be said for the brutal honesty that scousers can pull off, but definitely on this occasion Carra should have reined it in.
      Kopite78
      Reply #485: Dec 12, 2016 01:26:38 pm

Carra having a pop at Didi now & bringing up something Carra helped Didi in the past...

Twitter's F***ing sh*te isn't it

Proper waste of time
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,308 posts | 2852 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #486: Dec 12, 2016 01:33:14 pm

could this be Jürgen's Achilles so? He signed him hes staying 1st choice no mater what?

By the way I think people using Mignolet as the reason to play Karius are missing the point. To become champions were going to need better then what both of these produce. We have given Chelsea breathing space through goalkeeping errors this week 
      Kopite78
      Reply #487: Dec 12, 2016 01:44:38 pm
      could this be Jürgen's Achilles so? He signed him hes staying 1st choice no mater what?

Telling members of the press something and actually doing something else are completely different things.

Jürgen doesn't strike me as someone who tells the press much he relies on buy in from his players so won't ever hang them out to dry in public doesn't strike me as his thing, even Sakho who it's clear he wants gone he hasn't slagged him off to the press

But what he thinks in private may well be quite different

Personally I'd think he will judge Karius over longer than 11 games though.
      But if he doesn't deem him good enough by the end of the season I have no doubts he will bring in another window
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,039 posts | 537 
      Reply #488: Dec 12, 2016 01:54:07 pm

This is the thought that scares me.
      We are in the hunt for the title. Are we going to wait a season hoping a boy who doesn't look ready yet comes good?
      We should be looking in the winter window.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #489: Dec 12, 2016 02:30:25 pm
      Young 'keeper, playing in a new league in a new country, around a dozen games and people are writing him off.

Most knowledgeable fans my F***ing arse.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,508 posts | 1484 
      Reply #490: Dec 12, 2016 02:32:27 pm

https://mobile.twitter.com/Carra23/status/808291367139115008
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #491: Dec 12, 2016 02:43:29 pm
      It's gathering a bit of pace this isn't it?

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/Jürgen-klopp-withering-attack-gary-12308456

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #492: Dec 12, 2016 02:46:34 pm

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/Jürgen-klopp-withering-attack-gary-12308456

I think Klopp has it spot on.
      It's the kind of media witch hunt we see every season, and yet people keep falling for it.
      CROM592
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #493: Dec 12, 2016 02:51:05 pm
      I wrote an article on my blog about the whole Karius situation. Feel a bit sorry for they guy, he needs to build up his confidence again. Getting slated by club legends like Carragher doesn't exactly help him.

https://scsportblog.wordpress.com/2016/12/12/can-liverpool-afford-to-stick-with-karius/
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #494: Dec 12, 2016 02:53:47 pm
      I think Klopp has it spot on.
      It's the kind of media witch hunt we see every season, and yet people keep falling for it.

100% agreed, I've chucked it in Jürgen's thread as I'm sure it'll stir some interesting debate.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #495: Dec 12, 2016 02:57:42 pm
      I'm not sure it's a "witch hunt" when we have conceded six goals in our last two matches and at least half of them are down to the goalkeeper. Why is it when people are rounding on a player or a manager with a pitchfork in their hands their concerns are entirely their own, whereas when somebody else has a pop at a player they like they are "Being whipped into a frenzy by a media witch hunt"? I just don't get it at all.

Karius is currently as dodgy as f***, surely we aren't denying this are we? We can discuss/argue all day long about whether he's likely to improve and how long it will take, but surely to God we can't deny that at the moment he is an accident waiting to happen.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #496: Dec 12, 2016 02:59:53 pm

Yeah i thought that would happen. On the Carragher thing, i'm not one for having a go at him because I have him down as a club legend, and i'm not overly arsed what his thoughts are/were on Rafa (some are on here) so it's not that angle. Just think he was a bit out of order in this instance.

Luckily for all involved we have a game again in midweek or the story would rumble on until next weekend.

He's keeping his place by the looks of it. Away to Boro should be an easier task I would imagine. Usually i'd say that a keeper needs to be pushed by the number 2 but perhaps Karius can relax a little more if he knows his position is safe.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #497: Dec 12, 2016 03:11:58 pm

Theres nothing to that

Banter (awful word)
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,620 posts | 2159 
      Reply #498: Dec 12, 2016 03:22:20 pm
      I'm not sure it's a "witch hunt" when we have conceded six goals in our last two matches and at least half of them are down to the goalkeeper. Why is it when people are rounding on a player or a manager with a pitchfork in their hands their concerns are entirely their own, whereas when somebody else has a pop at a player they like they are "Being whipped into a frenzy by a media witch hunt"? I just don't get it at all.

Karius is currently as dodgy as f***, surely we aren't denying this are we? We can discuss/argue all day long about whether he's likely to improve and how long it will take, but surely to God we can't deny that at the moment he is an accident waiting to happen.

Completely agree, witch hunt? It's not like everyone jumps on the bandwagon because the press have a few things to say, the lad looks way off the required standard and has done since he arrived.

As for the De Gea comparisons? I really don't think so somehow and as you say Mick, if we're really in a title challenge (and we bloody are! Or were) then can we really afford to wait and find out? I'd get Migs back in immediately. That isn't to say I think he is the long-term answer, I don't. But he is better than this lad, and he was (prior to being dropped) showing some good form (although the next blunder is never a million miles away).
      « Last Edit: Dec 12, 2016 11:26:53 pm by Scottbot »
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 838 
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 838 
      Reply #500: Dec 12, 2016 04:14:35 pm
      To be frank really,

It's what pundits do, their job is to criticise, talk sh*t and give their opinions.

Like they say "Opinions are like assholes. Everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks."

I think Klopp and Karius should just ignore and make pundits like Carra and Neville eat humble pie in the end.

friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #501: Dec 15, 2016 12:00:37 pm
      I find it strange that he was dropped yesterday.

Klopp said it was an easy decision but I think it would of made more sense to leave him in. One game and a clean sheet and everyone would stop talking about the GK situation. Now it's become even more of a big deal and it will be an even bigger deal when he returns.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #502: Dec 15, 2016 12:16:47 pm
      To be frank really,

It's what pundits do, their job is to criticise, talk sh*t and give their opinions.

Like they say "Opinions are like assholes. Everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks."

I think Klopp and Karius should just ignore and make pundits like Carra and Neville eat humble pie in the end.

Pundits need to learn that they will be questioned for talking absolute sh*te. I watch other sports like ice hockey, American football, rugby (league & union) among many others but I've never know any of those sports to have as many bullshit talking pundits as football. The only ones I like are those on the European football games on BT Sport.

Anyways, it'll be good to keep Karius out of the limelight for a few games. The last thing he needs in a situation like this is the fans or the manager turning against him too which is why I think it's great what Klopp has said and done.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,128 posts | 2743 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #503: Dec 15, 2016 02:07:22 pm
      Pundits need to learn that they will be questioned for talking absolute sh*te.

Problem with that though is they get paid for talking sh*te  ??? We have to take it on chin irrespective of what club/players there at.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #504: Dec 15, 2016 07:29:34 pm
      I find it strange that he was dropped yesterday.

Klopp said it was an easy decision but I think it would of made more sense to leave him in. One game and a clean sheet and everyone would stop talking about the GK situation. Now it's become even more of a big deal and it will be an even bigger deal when he returns.

So you find it a stange decision to swap to a goalie who hasn't just had 2 sh*t games in a row, well all I can say is thank F**k you aren't the manager. I'm also confused why it would be a bigger deal when he does next have a game, BTW that might be in a little while if Migs carries on playing much better than him. Oh and a final point Migs did not have much to do but there were more than enough opportunities for Karius to have fu**ed up in that game, not that he necessarily would have but given the choice I'm personally glad we had Migs rather than Karius in goal.
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #505: Dec 16, 2016 01:30:55 pm
      So you find it a stange decision to swap to a goalie who hasn't just had 2 sh*t games in a row, well all I can say is thank f**k you aren't the manager. I'm also confused why it would be a bigger deal when he does next have a game, BTW that might be in a little while if Migs carries on playing much better than him. Oh and a final point Migs did not have much to do but there were more than enough opportunities for Karius to have fu**ed up in that game, not that he necessarily would have but given the choice I'm personally glad we had Migs rather than Karius in goal.

I think it puts more attention on Karius taking him out than it does by leaving him in that's all. Especially as all eyes are going to be on him when he comes back, even more pressure.

If Karius had played and if we had kept a clean sheet (big "ifs" obviously) then everyone would of forgotten about it.

By dropping him Klopp is either saying Karius has had his confidence shot to bits which doesn't bode well for the future

or

Karius is sh*t and we shouldn't of bought him in which case why did we buy him?

Quick Reply