Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Loris Karius (End of Contract)

Read 204580 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Re: Loris Karius Player Thread
      Reply #1173: May 31, 2018 12:17:32 pm
      Find myself less and less interested in what Didi has to say for well over a year now, constantly writing us off or having a pop at someone at the club. What the hell does it matter if Karius has a personalised number plate for crying out loud, I’m sure he’s not the only one. Despite how bad the errors were, at least Karius accepted that and wasn’t hiding from that, was taking full responsibility, something Gerrard and the like was actually praising and they are far from Karius’ biggest fan...apparently not good enough for Didi.

Pathetic, he’s made mistakes but don’t see what business it is of Didi to come in and start slating him for things like a number plate and using Ronaldos tag of CR7 to justify his point.

Agree Didi is talking sh*te there.

A millionaire footballer treating himself to a personalised number plate. Whatever next.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1174: May 31, 2018 12:19:49 pm
      You talk as if Karius rarely makes errors but this is not true. Anyway why carry an average goalkeeper to protect his ego at the detriment of the team, is Karius really worth us jeopardising our success?

all goalkeepers make mistakes and it will be Jürgen who decides if Karius is worth carrying on with and regardless of what we think Jürgen likes to show loyalty to his players.
      How if you saying we can get DeGea or Neuer then bring it on but if we pay £40mil or even more for a Goalie and he has a nightmare start what then.
      Goalkeeper is the hardest spot to fill there are never more than a handful of world class keepers going around and clubs don't want them to leave
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1175: May 31, 2018 01:29:13 pm
      all goalkeepers make mistakes and it will be Jürgen who decides if Karius is worth carrying on with and regardless of what we think Jürgen likes to show loyalty to his players.
      How if you saying we can get DeGea or Neuer then bring it on but if we pay £40mil or even more for a Goalie and he has a nightmare start what then.
      Goalkeeper is the hardest spot to fill there are never more than a handful of world class keepers going around and clubs don't want them to leave

Can you remind me of any other goalkeeper who made 2 huge fuckups in a final and carried on at that club and became a superstar there?

Why are some of you so determined to stick with an average goalkeeper when we should have the resources and motivation to upgrade, I find it really baffling.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1176: May 31, 2018 03:07:23 pm
      DeGea had a nightmare start in his first season he couldn't take a cross. However its not my choice if he stays or goes its Jurgens and I am sure he will keep him even if he is number two goalkeeper. Secondly name a goalkeeper that can be guarantee'd not to make a mistake in any game goalies are more concerned with being good passers the Roma goalkeeper people covert so much let in 7 goals in two games against us.
      Its not what I want but its what I believe and that is Jürgen will stick with him.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1177: May 31, 2018 05:20:57 pm
      Yeah I think Karius will be here and I think he'll start the season as number 1. Not as sure as others are that there will be a new keeper coming in this window. I think it will only happen if a good price can be negotiated. Can't see Alisson coming to be honest.

I agree, if he does stay he is not going to be a number 2 either...if you think his confidence is low now, he will lose what he has left of it as a 2 and in that case might as well get rid and buy two GK.  I am with a few on here thinking Jürgen is not going to dump him over a bad game no matter how big a game it was.
      DanMann

• 5,748 posts | 882 
      Reply #1178: May 31, 2018 05:20:59 pm
      Just looking at some figures here... all based on the Premier League.

De Gea 1st season: 2011

Saves 102
      Penalties Saved 1
      Goals conceded 29
      Errors leading to goal 2

Appearances 29

So, by my reading, that's 131 shots on target, with 29 goals. A goal every 4.5 shots on target.

Karius 1st Season: 2017

Saves 20
      Penalties Saved 0
      Goals conceded 12
      Errors leading to goal 2

Appearances 10

32 shots on target. 12 goals. A goal every 2.6 shots.

Doesn't really seem all that impressive by Karius vs De Gea compared with De Gea's famously bad season.

Now more recently:

De Gea last season: 2017/18

Saves 115
      Penalties Saved 0
      Goals conceded 28
      Errors leading to goal 0

Appearances 37

143 shots on target. 28 goals. A goal every 5.1 shots.

Karius last season: 2017/18

Saves 31
      Penalties Saved 1
      Goals conceded 14
      Errors leading to goal 0

Appearances 19

Shots on target 45. Goals conceded 14.  Goal every 3.2 shots.

Karius has improved, but not significantly. The problem is, he is not reliable, and prone to error.

Fair enough keep him as #2 if you like. But he cannot continue as our #1 keeper. All that hard work to get to the final and BOOM!

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1179: May 31, 2018 05:28:44 pm
      Karius last season: 2017/18

Saves 31
      Penalties Saved 1
      Goals conceded 14
      Errors leading to goal 0

Appearances 19

Shots on target 45. Goals conceded 14.  Goal every 3.2 shots.

I am curious to see Mig's stats for the first half of the season if you can be bothered.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1180: May 31, 2018 05:53:02 pm
      Find myself less and less interested in what Didi has to say for well over a year now, constantly writing us off or having a pop at someone at the club. What the hell does it matter if Karius has a personalised number plate for crying out loud, I’m sure he’s not the only one. Despite how bad the errors were, at least Karius accepted that and wasn’t hiding from that, was taking full responsibility, something Gerrard and the like was actually praising and they are far from Karius’ biggest fan...apparently not good enough for Didi.

Pathetic, he’s made mistakes but don’t see what business it is of Didi to come in and start slating him for things like a number plate and using Ronaldos tag of CR7 to justify his point.

I know where you are coming from with Didi. Just my preference about personality types. I like our players who are down to earth rather than up their own arse. Hard to be i can imagine with all the fame and fortune.

Give me Andy Robertsons attitude any day though over someone who craves the limelight.

Takes all sorts of characters  to make a team i know, and keepers are generally extrovert anyway.

I just want him to move away from it because it brings more pressure on him and thats the last thing he needs.

Not sure hes good enough for a brand yet, LK1 will inevitably be used as a stick to beat him with while hes number 1 for Liverpool and making mistakes.
      « Last Edit: May 31, 2018 06:04:08 pm by fields of anny rd »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #1181: May 31, 2018 05:57:11 pm
      Agree Didi is talking sh*te there.

A millionaire footballer treating himself to a personalised number plate. Whatever next.

I could be reading between the lines a bit (and I think Didi didn't do himself any favors the way he presented it) but I think he is talking more about Karius (or any player for that matter) having such a large online presence...basking in the limelight all the time and enjoying the spoils of his position. Not that there's anything wrong with that. To be fair, most of our players are pretty active on social media. Of course the difference in what Karius posts vs. what James Milner posts is pretty night and day.

It all comes back to the basic concept of, when you aren't making mistakes no one cares about all the other things you do outside of your job, but the minute you lose focus, people will be looking for any excuse to hound you.

I have to admit, for some of these guys, I think a break from social media and staying a bit out of the spotlight in general wouldn't do them any harm. (think Jose Enrique ;D)
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #1182: May 31, 2018 07:10:12 pm
      Regardless of what happened in the final, if a keeper cant come and claim a ball whipped into the box, regardless of what's in front of him, hes not good enough.
      For far too long have we had flappers. Its a big reason why we haven't won anything in a decade.
      Get rid, and spend big - everyone else is.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #1183: May 31, 2018 07:15:17 pm
      People were saying long before the final that Karius wasn’t good enough as a no.1. That has clearly been highlighted since then. So, personally I’ve got no problem as him remaining as no.2 for cup games, or to fill in, BUT I think we definitely need a genuinely world class stopper between the sticks if our ambitions are to be realised...
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1184: May 31, 2018 11:37:31 pm
      I was very hard on the lad as soon as the game finished.

He has to live with it without his nose being rubbed in it which I did.

I was angry (Ramos).

I know that Klopp and the club will put the lad back together but irrespective of the evening's events he isn't the standard we need although he has been a step up from Mignolet.

I hope he gets the demons out as soon as he can.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1185: Jun 01, 2018 01:22:07 am
      BUT I think we definitely need a genuinely world class stopper between the sticks if our ambitions are to be realised...

I personally don't think a world class stopper is needed, just a very good keeper that is reliable and experienced would work wonders.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1186: Jun 01, 2018 01:27:43 am
      I personally don't think a world class stopper is needed, just a very good keeper that is reliable and experienced would work wonders.

I get that. I’m just at the point with our keepers where we’ve had years of sh*t and inconsistencies, cost us goal after goal, the point now where I’d like us to go and spend whatever it takes, get one of the best around and make that position secure for the next 5years at least, I don’t want us to be having to get yet another new keeper in a year or 2. VVD is the first solid defender we’ve had in years, it’s a relief knowing that right now, he’s there for the long haul and we don’t have to worry about more than 1 CB and is just a case of finding him the right partner there.

A new GK coach wouldn’t go amiss either like.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1187: Jun 01, 2018 09:05:39 am
      Between Bruce Grobbelar and Pepe we have had some awful goalkeepers and then we replaced Pepe with Mignolet and now Karius.
      Unless you can buy a top 3 or 4 world ranked goalkeeper its a gamble and an expensive one at that.
      I definitely agree with goalkeeping coach if we could get someone like Buffon on the coaching staff that would actually be a smart move
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,293 posts | 763 
      Reply #1188: Jun 01, 2018 09:49:27 am
      Number one priority must be, to find a suitable replacement keeper in the summer. Regardless of whether Karius stays as back up, or indeed moved on. Maybe loaning him out, could be a short term solution.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #1189: Jun 01, 2018 11:43:53 pm
      I think, unless we can sign someone like Oblak (and I don’t see us spending 100 million on a keeper tbh) he’ll remain the number one for next season. Since Mignolet is probably leaving I think Klopp might look for a young keeper to compete with him.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #1190: Jun 01, 2018 11:46:02 pm
      I think, unless we can sign someone like Oblak (and I don’t see us spending 100 million on a keeper tbh) he’ll remain the number one for next season. Since Mignolet is probably leaving I think Klopp might look for a young keeper to compete with him.

You must be joking.

We are signing a new no.1 one way or the other. There is no way Karius will not be our starting keeper next season. This club has ambition now.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #1191: Jun 01, 2018 11:51:15 pm
      You must be joking.

We are signing a new no.1 one way or the other. There is no way Karius will not be our starting keeper next season. This club has ambition now.

No, I’m not joking. I don’t think we’re going to spend 100 million on a new keeper which is what either Oblak or Allison would cost.

For the record, don’t think Allison is nowhere near world class, I wouldn’t pay what Roma are asking for him.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,690 posts | 3710 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1192: Jun 02, 2018 06:58:32 am
      No, I’m not joking. I don’t think we’re going to spend 100 million on a new keeper which is what either Oblak or Allison would cost.

For the record, don’t think Allison is nowhere near world class, I wouldn’t pay what Roma are asking for him.

I agree with your argument, Allison will be overpriced since we fu**ed Roma with Salah's price and semi finals.

Nonetheless, I would spend 100m on Oblak.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1193: Jun 02, 2018 12:24:58 pm
      That's irrelevant, really... we could have been under pressure the whole game, we still had the quality to attack and get a goal out of nowhere exactly like we did, even without Salah. What we could not have done without Salah was scoring 3 goals to overcome the massive fuckups of a goalkeeper.

Of course Salah going off changed the game, but stranger things have happened and we always had a chance if we were able to cope with the pressure. As it happens the back four was doing a great job despite playing against a much superior midfield controlling the game. The only one unable to withstand the pressure was our dodgy keeper.

Seriously I think even Karius' mum probably blames him for the defeat, 2 massive fuckups of the kind you rarely see in football, both in the same match, would already be shocking. But then he went and did exactly that also in the biggest club match of the world.

If that had been LFC vs Palace  no one would be wasting time creating excuses for Karius, people would just accept he fu**ed up and move on. But instead we see overanalysis to try and deny the obvious
      Yes he f**k up, and yes if it had been against Palace no one would be wasting time creating excuses for Karius, people would just accept he fu**ed up and move on. But no It was the Final against Real so people want to hang him out to dry...

Posted a video about mistakes some of the worlds best goalkeepers have made, watch it, then ask yourself "What If"...
      What if there teams had dumped them after their mistakes and did not allow them to come back and  succeed and over come those mistakes...

No one truly knows how it will turn out for Karius. Could become the very best in the world, and we sell him and he ends up at a rival club...

Most players like GK, CB, FB get better with age, and experience we should be backing him... 

As far as the goals when,yes he let in two, and on paper you could be it simplistic say it would have ended 1-1 and we could have nicked it in extra time, but the truth was they were all over us and it was only a matter of time before they scored.

Maybe signing Buffon would be a good idea. Would be a great GK Coach and help Karius no end

Edit... wrote this before reading Walt's post Re-Buffon, and post re-De gea
      « Last Edit: Jun 02, 2018 12:40:40 pm by The Real Donavan Ried »
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1194: Jun 02, 2018 12:34:43 pm
      Can you remind me of any other goalkeeper who made 2 huge fuckups in a final and carried on at that club and became a superstar there?

Mate, there are first times for everything, unfortunatley for us it was a first time for us

Why are some of you so determined to stick with an average goalkeeper when we should have the resources and motivation to upgrade, I find it really baffling.
      I remember when Utd bought De Gea think he was not all that, same with  ter Stegen
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1195: Jun 02, 2018 12:43:48 pm
      You must be joking.

Remember... We were saying the same thing re-starting LB about Moreno

Quick Reply