Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Sadio Mane (Southampton)

Read 56696 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Re: Sadio Mane (Southampton)
      Reply #299: Jun 23, 2016 10:53:54 pm
      I think we should sign him and play him out of position.

Liverpool that.

Left-back then ;)
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #300: Jun 23, 2016 10:54:59 pm
      I think we should sign him and play him out of position.

Liverpool that.

Gallows humour has always been my favourite  :lmao:
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #301: Jun 23, 2016 10:55:19 pm
      Hey look at it this way we paid £25 million for Lallana and he can't hit the broadside of a barn

15 goals out wide and 9 assists last season #stepinrightdirection

Lallana scored 10 and assisted a bunch for Southampton the season before he joined us though.
      My problem with Mane is his inconsistency. Also, taking Liverpool off the list of his opponents and his stats would be significantly lower  :roll:
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #302: Jun 23, 2016 10:55:25 pm

Yeah but not until Karius gets back from the Olympics.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #303: Jun 23, 2016 11:02:53 pm
      Yeah but not until Karius gets back from the Olympics.

He's not going now, hasn't been picked.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #304: Jun 23, 2016 11:03:39 pm
      Lallana scored 10 and assisted a bunch for Southampton the season before he joined us though.
      My problem with Mane is his inconsistency. Also, taking Liverpool off the list of his opponents and his stats would be significantly lower  :roll:

Kloppo really liked him when Sane was at Salzburg...so perhaps hes see's something we don't and iron out some of his consistency issues :confused-smiley-013:

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #305: Jun 23, 2016 11:08:36 pm
      Excellent news!
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #306: Jun 23, 2016 11:08:39 pm
      Kloppo really liked him when Sane was at Salzburg...so perhaps hes see's something we don't?  :confused-smiley-013:

What are you basing that on?

You've been someone who has been pretty critical of my reading that we're only signing players we've actually been linked with - controversial apparently. But as far as I can remember there was one or two reports maximum that said Klopp looked at Mane.

I'd find it quite interesting if you believe a few lines in a few reports but won't believe the bulk of Liverpool journalists when they say we're only like at four players.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #307: Jun 23, 2016 11:09:41 pm
      What are you basing that on?

You've been someone who has been pretty critical of my reading that we're only signing players we've actually been linked with - controversial apparently. But as far as I can remember there was one or two reports maximum that said Klopp looked at Mane.

I'd find it quite interesting if you believe a few lines in a few reports but won't believe the bulk of Liverpool journalists when they say we're only like at four players.

I believe Melissa Reddy's judgment is fairly sound and credible and from what I can remember we have been linked with Mane for about a month now since Gotze blew us off. Seeing how he is on the radar and there are pictures of him giving Sane a hug while at BvB and Sane at Redbull perhaps the manager might be a little familiar with this particular player.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      Reply #308: Jun 23, 2016 11:10:42 pm
      He's not going now, hasn't been picked.

Thank's for F***ing the 'joke' up.

Nice one.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #309: Jun 23, 2016 11:11:55 pm
      I believe Melissa Reddy's judgment is fairly sound and credible and from what I can remember we have been linked with Mane for about a month now since Gotze blew us off.

I was asking about Klopp's supposed interest from his Dortmund days.

But fair enough.

AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #310: Jun 23, 2016 11:16:21 pm
      I was asking about Klopp's supposed interest from his Dortmund days.

But fair enough.

I mean that is Sane in the picture he is hugging right? and then this comment:

The 49-year-old has been aware of Mane's talents since the player's two-year spell at Red Bull Salzburg, with the Austrian club's sporting director at the time, Ralf Rangnick, a close friend.
      http://www.talkaloadofbull.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2016/06/23/24982582/liverpool-move-closer-to-landing-southamptons-mane?ICID=HP_BN_1

So I suppose its not out of the realm of possibility :confused-smiley-013:
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      Reply #312: Jun 23, 2016 11:20:02 pm
      If Klopp's interest in him a few years back is true and this tweet is true then is surely a Klopp signing? He is over riding our scouting system?

https://twitter.com/honigstein/status/531887125479038976
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #313: Jun 23, 2016 11:21:24 pm
      I mean that is Sane in the picture he is hugging right? and then this comment:

The 49-year-old has been aware of Mane's talents since the player's two-year spell at Red Bull Salzburg, with the Austrian club's sporting director at the time, Ralf Rangnick, a close friend.
      http://www.talkaloadofbull.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2016/06/23/24982582/liverpool-move-closer-to-landing-southamptons-mane?ICID=HP_BN_1

So I suppose its not out of the realm of possibility :confused-smiley-013:

Sane or Mane?

You keep saying Sane.

I'm just rather amused by what seems like your sudden hesitancy over this deal.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #314: Jun 23, 2016 11:23:53 pm
      If Klopp's interest in him a few years back is true and this tweet is true then is surely a Klopp signing? He is over riding our scouting system?

The same people work at the club.

The same strategy is being implemented.

Is it 'value for money' when you wait till he is two years old and 20m more expensive from when you thought he wasn't good enough, before you decide to buy him?

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #315: Jun 23, 2016 11:26:58 pm
      Thank's for F***ing the 'joke' up.

Nice one.

Don't worry I'll be here all week 8)
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #316: Jun 23, 2016 11:28:48 pm

Not necessarily. Our scouting system probably came up with red flags for Mane because of the league he was playing in. The goals and assists wouldn't have meant all that much in comparison to the same stats in the Premier League. Now that he's been in the Prem for a few seasons and has a certain level of production, Klopp's interest could very well be supported by the system.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      Reply #317: Jun 23, 2016 11:31:22 pm
      The same people work at the club.

The same strategy is being implemented.

Is it 'value for money' when you wait till he is two years old and 20m more expensive from when you thought he wasn't good enough, before you decide to buy him?

Not sure what you're saying?

I'm saying this looks like a Klopp signing despite Mane not being somebody we wanted back in the day. I'm saying that as there seems to be some confusion as to whether this was a Klopp signing.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #318: Jun 23, 2016 11:31:47 pm
      Not necessarily. Our scouting system probably came up with red flags for Mane because of the league he was playing in. The goals and assists wouldn't have meant all that much in comparison to the same stats in the Premier League.

But yet they were willing to go for Luis Alberto at £7mill who had barely played in the 1st team.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      Reply #319: Jun 23, 2016 11:32:10 pm
      Not necessarily. Our scouting system probably came up with red flags for Mane because of the league he was playing in. The goals and assists wouldn't have meant all that much in comparison to the same stats in the Premier League. Now that he's been in the Prem for a few seasons and has a certain level of production, Klopp's interest could very well be supported by the system.

Fair point lid.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #320: Jun 23, 2016 11:34:11 pm
      Kloppo really liked him when Sane was at Salzburg...so perhaps hes see's something we don't and iron out some of his consistency issues :confused-smiley-013:

Wasn't there also some sort of rumors last summer that Klopp wanted to sign Benteke when he was at Dortmund though?
      I mean, stories like these always seem to circulate around the time certain players are about to be signed. But fact is Klopp didn't sign neither Benteke nor Mane when they were available for cheap bucks, so why would he want them now for inflated fees?
      Don't get me wrong, I'm neither against or for this signing. It just feels rather underwhelming if he's the highest profile player we are getting this summer. Let's hope it works out.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      Reply #321: Jun 23, 2016 11:34:17 pm
      But yet they were willing to go for Luis Alberto at £7mill who had barely played in the 1st team.

And there's that.

Quick Reply