Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Philippe Coutinho (PSG)

Read 28235 times
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (PSG)
      Reply #115: Jun 04, 2016 07:52:59 pm
      I just don't like him out on the left mate. Much prefer him a little deeper or central. Anywhere that the play goes through him for the most part.

Yeah, I agree mate.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,598 posts | 1681 
      • YNWA
      Reply #116: Jun 04, 2016 09:28:37 pm
      http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-star-philippe-coutinho-told-11427868

This always happens at WCs, Euros, Copas etc. Players talk to their mates and unsettle them :)  And though this might be bull, I completely believe that the players are talking like anyone one in any workplace does...

Johnny is getting HOW MUCH at xyz ? And he's f**king sh*te! You're way better than him. And my mates sisters husband said the manager at abc is going to be ijk, and I get on great with him, not like the fuckstick we have now, you won't see me for dust if the doors left ajar...
      etc.

Though ... I guess that can work in our favour too. Klopp is great, really cool guy, he's building something exciting at Anfield and he's looking for hungry talented young players. Like you mate! Here's his number, give him a call...

Oh yea, that's exactly how it happens :)
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #117: Jun 04, 2016 11:01:01 pm
      Apparently the vultures are circling now with Barca supposedly interested.

Personally I think it is too early for Couts to go to Barca. Needs to improve his consistency and maybe even his goals to games ratio before he would get a regular place in their team.

If Barca are interested then i would be worried but I agree it is too early for them to make a raid yet.  PSG are the only game in France and the lack of competition means they are not used to playing difficult games which is why they do not and will never do well in the Champions League.

OK if you just want the money but not good enough for Couts with his talent and potential.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #118: Jun 04, 2016 11:21:39 pm
      Apparently the vultures are circling now with Barca supposedly interested.

Personally I think it is too early for Couts to go to Barca. Needs to improve his consistency and maybe even his goals to games ratio before he would get a regular place in their team.

His goal record this season is excellent so I'm not sure where that idea comes from. 8 goals in 2000 minutes, or a goal/an assist every 154 minutes is very good. Iniesta is hardly scoring 30 a season.

His lack of consistency is overstated. He's more consistent than he's given credit for and if he was put in a team with better movement around him, he'd be even better.

Players talk to their mates and unsettle them

Alves is going to Juventus so that doesn't really make sense.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #119: Jun 05, 2016 10:14:08 am
      Makes no sense to sell him then again we sold suarez so fck all would surprise me looking forward to August see what we've got hope he's still here then .
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #120: Jun 05, 2016 10:48:52 am
      Do they tho'?

The truth is; we don't know and have no reason to question his loyalty but let's pretend Phil wants to leave.

FSG do not have to sell. They paid a (relative) pittance for the kid and they pay him £75k a week. The 'hit' would not be that big if... if... they decided to be honest in their desire not to be seen to be 'held to ransom' and keep the lad.

After all; FSG have made it clear that they "will not overpay for players" nor will they "waste resources on inflated transfer fees and unrealistic wages" as a matter of principle. Surely those high moral "principles" [i.e. no player dictating to them] can extend to keeping Phillippe at Liverpool.

Put it another way: if Phil really wants away and if Phil really does hold most of the cards - do you believe FSG would accept £7m for him if that was the only offer?

Personally I hope he stays; just like I hoped Sterling and Suarez, before him stayed... because, in my opinion, you can't become one of the best by selling your best.... [especially when Policy dictates that they are replaced by potential  ;)]. Think about it: without keeping your best, you are in a state of constant transition; always looking to find the "new" Suarez, the "new" Coutinho.

If I didn't accept that before; why the F**k should I accept it now?  :laugh:

Anyhows... welcome to the forum Robby.

The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,237 posts | 1225 
      Reply #122: Jun 05, 2016 11:25:23 am
      Phil is a key part of our team. PSG are not Barcelona. We should be telling them to "F**k off".
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #123: Jun 05, 2016 11:41:34 am
      Phil is a key part of our team. PSG are not Barcelona. We should be telling them to "F**k off".

We have mate.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,237 posts | 1225 
      Reply #124: Jun 05, 2016 11:53:40 am

Good. Hopefully we mean it. Pointless bringing in a manager of Klopp's calibre unless you're intent on building a team capable of winning major trophies.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #125: Jun 05, 2016 12:07:30 pm
      Good. Hopefully we mean it. Pointless bringing in a manager of Klopp's calibre unless you're intent on building a team capable of winning major trophies.

Totally agree mate.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #126: Jun 05, 2016 12:31:45 pm
      I think PSG had a feeling it was a long shot from the start.
      harrydunn08

• 5,924 posts | 967 
      Reply #127: Jun 05, 2016 01:53:20 pm
      Do they tho'?

The truth is; we don't know and have no reason to question his loyalty but let's pretend Phil wants to leave.

FSG do not have to sell. They paid a (relative) pittance for the kid and they pay him £75k a week. The 'hit' would not be that big if... if... they decided to be honest in their desire not to be seen to be 'held to ransom' and keep the lad.

After all; FSG have made it clear that they "will not overpay for players" nor will they "waste resources on inflated transfer fees and unrealistic wages" as a matter of principle. Surely those high moral "principles" [i.e. no player dictating to them] can extend to keeping Phillippe at Liverpool.

Put it another way: if Phil really wants away and if Phil really does hold most of the cards - do you believe FSG would accept £7m for him if that was the only offer?

Personally I hope he stays; just like I hoped Sterling and Suarez, before him stayed... because, in my opinion, you can't become one of the best by selling your best.... [especially when Policy dictates that they are replaced by potential  ;)]. Think about it: without keeping your best, you are in a state of constant transition; always looking to find the "new" Suarez, the "new" Coutinho.

If I didn't accept that before; why the f**k should I accept it now?  :laugh:

Anyhows... welcome to the forum Robby.

I get why you feel the way you do.  It's hard to look at the Torres, Suarez, and Sterling sales and think we are serious about keeping our best players.  However, in each of those scenarios the players wanted to leave and we received generous offers for them.  In hindsight you could argue Suarez was worth more, but his taste for Italian cuisine meant we lost a few bargaining chips during those negotiations.... 

I guess it's easy to overlook the fact that when City came calling for Agger a few years ago (20M in hand if memory serves correctly), we tied him down to a new deal to keep him at the club.  If the owners were only interested in financial gain, wouldn't they have sold him and turned a tidy profit ???  I believe we did the same with Lucas when Inter were after him a few years back as well.

Then there's the argument that we only replace our players with young, cheap, easy to pay, potential.  Where do Carroll, Lovren, Lallana, Sakho, and Benteke fit into your theory ???  Sure, we sign young players with the talent and potential to grow into better, more valuable assets, but so does every other top team in Europe....

You're entitled to your opinion mate.  My opinion is that Jürgen is no muppet and he wouldn't have signed for us if he wasn't happy with the level of control he'd be given over the ins and outs.  That said, if Philippe (or anyone else) is sold it will be because Jürgen sanctioned it.  And if we replace players with young lads we've never heard of, it will be because they are who Jürgen wanted.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,718 posts | 3723 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #128: Jun 05, 2016 08:38:53 pm
      Tell them either a world record signing or F**k off. 40 M something, is cheap. We need to build a team not disassemble our little one. I not saying he's perfect because he is so inconsistent but huge potential.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #129: Jun 05, 2016 09:41:06 pm
      Tell them either a world record signing or f**k off. 40 M something, is cheap. We need to build a team not disassemble our little one. I not saying he's perfect because he is so inconsistent but huge potential.

He won't go for £90 million...but if Sterling was £50M then Phillipe would be at least £60-70M
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,628 posts | 7146 
      Reply #130: Jun 05, 2016 09:47:55 pm
      There is no loyalty in football now it is about money nothing more nothing less.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #131: Jun 08, 2016 05:30:17 pm
      According to AnfieldHQ, the first bid by PSG was £23mill. Are PSG taking the piss?!
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #132: Jun 08, 2016 05:32:53 pm
      According to AnfieldHQ, the first bid by PSG was £23mill. Are PSG taking the piss?!

Probably Euros not pounds too mate :D
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #133: Jun 08, 2016 08:02:30 pm
      Just read about that €30m offer. They can take that and shove it up their arse. It always pisses me off when clubs do this. They offer a pathetic amount in the hope it'll unsettle the player.

It's also annoying because that big haired f**ker that is David Luiz will no doubt be in his ear along with Thiago Silva and Lucas Moura. I expect to see news of broken bones tomorrow with Firmino standing over them :D
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,966 posts | 5022 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #134: Jun 08, 2016 08:38:42 pm
      Talk about taking the piss, they can F**k right off with their shitty pathetic offer, stick a 1 in front of that 23 and they might get somewhere near, even then I'd be reluctant, there isn't a cat in hell's chance Coutinho or anyone else is worth £123m,

I'm getting sick and tired of clubs coming in and taking our best players, we need to get this message out to all who think they can just swan in and offer sh*t money and steal our assets.................. .

..........WE ARE NO LONGER A SELLING CLUB!.........SO F**k OFF !

We are building something here, so why the F**k would we sell our best players, we will never, repeat NEVER get near winning titles, champions leagues etc if we keep selling , if PSG or whoever try to turn Phils head it's going to cost them, and if FSG do a deal then they can F**k off too or sell up to the nearest camel jockey east side of the Nile,

Stick a bounty on his head of at least £100m, see who'll be interested then.

YNWA

I can't imagine Cou would want to play in a league a level or two below the EPL , IF he were to up sticks under his own mind he'd go to Spain and not to the land of the surrender monkeys.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #135: Jun 08, 2016 08:47:01 pm
      23 mill some fcker is having a right larf , can't decide if its them or some troll , either way if they have made an offer I expect the club to tell them to stick it up their hoop  , its fckin silly season again.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #136: Jun 08, 2016 08:51:09 pm
      :lmao:
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #137: Jun 08, 2016 08:59:43 pm
      He's worth a lot more than 23 million quid. That said, he gets paid a salary that at a modern day moneybags club a 5 million pound player would get. If we're serious about keeping him, we should do (like now) what all teams do when someone comes sniffing and they don't wanna sell. We should rip up his contract and tell him we're going to double his money to make him the highest paid player at the club, on 150K per week. Do it now, get it sorted, move on. 

Quick Reply