Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 2nd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Georginio Wijnaldum - Newcastle

Read 34895 times
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,605 posts | 166 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Georginio Wijnaldum - Newcastle
      Reply #230: Jul 21, 2016 01:59:04 pm
      welcome to the club!  :)

:aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpool2xt1:
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #231: Jul 21, 2016 02:04:14 pm
      £69M spent with £40M brought in so far, so assuming Allen, Benteke, Alberto etc are sold and maybe a LB brought in would be pretty near zero spend.

Yup the "Jürgen ITK's" are idiots.   :roll:

Where in the conversation did anyone mention 'Net' spend? We've been over this before but... you really do need to learn how to read things properly; it'll save you looking like a simpleton with a grudge.  Tut tut.  :angry-smiley-034: :laugh:

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #232: Jul 21, 2016 02:08:25 pm
      Where did he mention 'Net' spend? We've been over this before but... you really do need to learn how to read things properly; it'll save you looking like a simpleton with a grudge.  :laugh:

You need to stop acting like the Alf Garnett of the forum act your age instead of throwing insults at fellow reds at every opportunity.

There again you and Beerbelly do have plenty in common  :D

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #233: Jul 21, 2016 02:15:58 pm
      You need to stop acting like the Alf Garnett of the forum act your age instead of throwing insults at fellow reds at every opportunity.
      Oh dear.  :-[

How's about you quit your yammering and goading then? Was your snide comment on my health not insulting?

You goad me then mewl like a F***ing pansy when you get called. Seriously either man up or F**k up. You don't want to read what I have to say? Put me on ignore... it'll spare your delicate sensitivities and I'll reciprocate.  ;)
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #234: Jul 21, 2016 02:22:23 pm

There again you and Beerbelly do have plenty in common  :D

Don't drag me into your squabble for being shown up as the dim Brum you are.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #235: Jul 21, 2016 02:24:08 pm
      Oh dear.  :-[

How's about you quit your yammering and goading then? Was your snide comment on my health not insulting?

You goad me then mewl like a f**king pansy when you get called. Seriously either man up or f**k up. You don't want to read what I have to say? Put me on ignore... it'll spare your delicate sensitivities.  ;)

Seriously How am I goading you?
      Your posts are full of rage and anger usually directed to fellow reds.

I merely pointed out relax.

It's best if You and I sir from now on will have no further communication.

American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #236: Jul 21, 2016 02:35:05 pm
      Getting more and more excited about this one if he can fully recover his PSV days. Although 11 goals in 38 games in a pretty weak side is certainly a great record for a CM/AM bedding into the EPL, his PSV days were truly pointing toward a potential superstar.

Confident that Klopp can do a real job with him. More than anything I'm interested in seeing where he fits into the plans in our lineup though.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,984 posts | 5042 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #237: Jul 21, 2016 02:41:23 pm
      Sensible signing is this, last season our options from midfield were limited to say the least and not just in numbers, the options we have now are tantalising, obviously rotation is key, replacing like for like we shouldn't lose momentum, we have more versatility too with most of our lads having the ability to fit comfortably into any position from in front of the back 4 and even up top,

This is another piece in Jürgen's jigsaw, whether Wij is a replacement for Dahoud or Goetze doesn't matter, like bigMick says it's a signing who won't need a settling period, has experience of EPL footy, and of course the expertise of Jürgen and his team to enhance his all round play, folk are saying he is lazy, well he would be playing for a side doomed to relegation, so mindsets would be very low along with moral, put the same player in a thriving 'Kick Ass' confidant outfit you have a different animal,

As has been said before, we don't need Big Marquee acquisition's just the right fit, with the right attitude, and we will be absolutely fine,

This is effectively the first window of the Klopp era, and I must say the excitement in me is building, with yet one or two to come in we are already seeing a different animal to that of last season, with TPM we were toothless in midfield, weak at the back, had no real threat up front, square pegs in round holes, no cohesion, no feel of togetherness, heading nowhere......now look at us.....

Solid at the back, a confidant keeper, strong in midfield, and potentially lethal up front, a desire and will to win, a togetherness, and a never say die attitude, we're fitter, stronger and better equipped, can't wait now for that season opener at the Emirates, I got a great feeling we're going to surprise a few this season........
      ........Bring it on...

YNWA
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,984 posts | 5042 
      Reply #238: Jul 21, 2016 02:52:00 pm

S@int fighting S@int, which one wins ?

YNWA
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #239: Jul 21, 2016 02:52:13 pm
      Sensible signing is this, last season our options from midfield were limited to say the least and not just in numbers, the options we have now are tantalising, obviously rotation is key, replacing like for like we shouldn't lose momentum, we have more versatility too with most of our lads having the ability to fit comfortably into any position from in front of the back 4 and even up top,

This is another piece in Jürgen's jigsaw, whether Wij is a replacement for Dahoud or Goetze doesn't matter, like bigMick says it's a signing who won't need a settling period, has experience of EPL footy, and of course the expertise of Jürgen and his team to enhance his all round play, folk are saying he is lazy, well he would be playing for a side doomed to relegation, so mindsets would be very low along with moral, put the same player in a thriving 'Kick Ass' confidant outfit you have a different animal,

As has been said before, we don't need Big Marquee acquisition's just the right fit, with the right attitude, and we will be absolutely fine,

This is effectively the first window of the Klopp era, and I must say the excitement in me is building, with yet one or two to come in we are already seeing a different animal to that of last season, with TPM we were toothless in midfield, weak at the back, had no real threat up front, square pegs in round holes, no cohesion, no feel of togetherness, heading nowhere......now look at us.....

Solid at the back, a confidant keeper, strong in midfield, and potentially lethal up front, a desire and will to win, a togetherness, and a never say die attitude, we're fitter, stronger and better equipped, can't wait now for that season opener at the Emirates, I got a great feeling we're going to surprise a few this season........
      ........Bring it on...

YNWA

Couldn't agree more Billy.

I see a lot of folks discussing where he fits and it is a quandary but the quandary only exists because we are signing such exciting and versatile players. To me Wijnaldum is clearly the backup option to Zielinski, when I watched the Zielinski vids I saw a player who could play central but I suggested might be even better on the right of a 3. Wijnaldum has exactly the same profile, he can do either.

As for the label of lazy when you're scoring 11 goals and 5 assists in a team that only managed 44 goals in the league then you're contributing more than your fair share. What I like most is the two footed technical skill he has, very comfortable in possession in tight areas, forward thinking and another talent to harness. His shots on target ratio is phenomenal for a midfielder too.

Delighted.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,984 posts | 5042 
      Reply #240: Jul 21, 2016 03:00:17 pm
      Couldn't agree more Billy.

I see a lot of folks discussing where he fits and it is a quandary but the quandary only exists because we are signing such exciting and versatile players. To me Wijnaldum is clearly the backup option to Zielinski, when I watched the Zielinski vids I saw a player who could play central but I suggested might be even better on the right of a 3. Wijnaldum has exactly the same profile, he can do either.

As for the label of lazy when you're scoring 11 goals and 5 assists in a team that only managed 44 goals in the league then you're contributing more than your fair share. What I like most is the two footed technical skill he has, very comfortable in possession in tight areas, forward thinking and another talent to harness. His shots on target ratio is phenomenal for a midfielder too.

Delighted.

Exactly mate, his versatility was key in Jürgen bringing him in, either side in a mid 3, in behind a striker, in a central position, that's 4 positions he'd be comfortable in, I bet he could even play as alone striker if required too, excellent purchase, and like yourself ,  Delighted !

YNWA
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #241: Jul 21, 2016 03:00:48 pm
      Don't drag me into your squabble for being shown up as the dim Brum you are.

Stick to the news thread Oswald there must be some immigrant stories for you to show your colours.

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #242: Jul 21, 2016 03:30:29 pm
      £69M spent with £40M brought in so far, so assuming Allen, Benteke, Alberto etc are sold and maybe a LB brought in would be pretty near zero spend.

Yup the "Jürgen ITK's" are idiots.   :roll:

Quick question and a genuine one. Is NET spend ok to talk about again? I know it became a subject people forgot all about when Brendan was manager, "He spunked 300 million" never concerned itself with money received from sold players.

I personally hope we bring it back onto the agenda, it's always made sense to me in a market where you buy and sell things (in this case players) to consider both sides of the ledger. I always took it when people did the "he spunked 300 million" line that they were simply revealing an agenda rather than them necessarily being too thick to understand a "cash in/cash out" situation. I did read somebody on about it today again (might have been yesterday) and that's how I've always had that particular poster down anyway.

So lets credit each other with having a little intelligence. NET spend DOES matter, and my guess is that by the end of the window Jürgen/FSG will have spent the best part of bugger all. Here's hoping that some of Rodgers players aren't so bad after all. 
      biki
      • Never negative about anything. Apart from LFC, Klopp, etc etc.
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #243: Jul 21, 2016 03:46:11 pm
      Quick question and a genuine one. Is NET spend ok to talk about again? I know it became a subject people forgot all about when Brendan was manager, "He spunked 300 million" never concerned itself with money received from sold players.

I personally hope we bring it back onto the agenda, it's always made sense to me in a market where you buy and sell things (in this case players) to consider both sides of the ledger. I always took it when people did the "he spunked 300 million" line that they were simply revealing an agenda rather than them necessarily being too thick to understand a "cash in/cash out" situation. I did read somebody on about it today again (might have been yesterday) and that's how I've always had that particular poster down anyway.

So lets credit each other with having a little intelligence. NET spend DOES matter, and my guess is that by the end of the window Jürgen/FSG will have spent the best part of bugger all. Here's hoping that some of Rodgers players aren't so bad after all. 

Exactly.

There's a big difference between adding 300m of talent to your squad than replacing 300m worth of talent.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #244: Jul 21, 2016 03:54:31 pm

Net and gross are always valid arguments but as always should be put in context.

This is where it gets muddy Mick.

I think Brendan benefited massively from the sales of Suarez and Sterling, players he inherited rather than bought, so offsetting them against his spend doesn't sit too well with me as the credit for those purchases obviously belong elsewhere. I don't see Jürgen benefiting in a similar fashion, there aren't many that he could earn £50m on in the £300m that Brendan spent, so the playing field is hardly level. If he does go on to sell an Origi or an Ings for £40m or so I'd revisit my assessment but by and large I think Brendan was a very poor purchaser and the 'assets' at the club will be lucky to realise their original investment price even in this massively inflated market.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #245: Jul 21, 2016 03:55:54 pm
      Exactly.

There's a big difference between adding 300m of talent to your squad than replacing 300m worth of talent.

Or replacing 300m with 200m worth  that you paid  300m for ;D
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #246: Jul 21, 2016 04:02:39 pm
      If you look at the Holland vs. Costa Rica match at the 2014 World Cup, he clearly plays central midfield for the Dutch national team.
      Here is the technical report: http://resources.fifa.com/mm/document/tournament/competition/02/40/03/33/eng_59_0705_ned-crc_tacticalstartlist.pdf

Had the 3rd highest number of passes attempted and percentage completed in that game, playing 120 minutes.

Video highlights. He is #20: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbSat2JK5Es

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #247: Jul 21, 2016 04:08:18 pm
      I think we should stick with the tried and tested way of judging Managers transfers.

Managers we no longer like get judged on gross spend while managers we like get judged on net spend. Obviously use of the words pissed away or invested should only be used where appropriate.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #248: Jul 21, 2016 04:08:35 pm
      Something about having an abundance of players for attacking positions: Is it safe to reason that the intensity of a team's pressing is going to subside the longer a match goes on? Wouldn't the option of making a couple of subs at the key pressing positions (front 4 or front 6) for the final 20-30 minutes be fairly advantageous for a side, maybe even more than normal compared to a non-pressing style? Of course that's on top of the normal advantage of having depth to deal with injuries, suspensions, drops in form. I mention not so much about Wijnaldum, but regarding questions re Firminho or Lallana, or even Origi and Ings, and not getting games if they are not in the first XI and we are not playing in  Europe. Add to that how infrequently a team ends up using the same lineup over the course of the season anyway, and there's really no down side to having some additional players to choose from.

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #249: Jul 21, 2016 04:12:50 pm
      I think we should stick with the tried and tested way of judging Managers transfers.

Managers we no longer like get judged on gross spend while managers we like get judged on net spend. Obviously use of the words pissed away or invested should only be used where appropriate.

:lmao: Got it.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,941 posts | 285 
      Reply #250: Jul 21, 2016 04:21:00 pm
      by and large I think Brendan was a very poor purchaser and the 'assets' at the club will be lucky to realise their original investment price even in this massively inflated market.

This, all day long. Brendan's team management / tactics didn't loose him his job (back 3 with wing backs aside). He was completely out of his depth when looking at the top end of the transfer market.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #251: Jul 21, 2016 04:26:11 pm
      This, all day long. Brendan's team management / tactics didn't loose him his job (back 3 with wing backs aside). He was completely out of his depth when looking at the top end of the transfer market.

Mate Rodgers is long gone, as has my desire to discuss him at any length. I was just wondering if NET spend was/is back on the agenda. I'm happy it is, it should be.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,506 posts | 2870 
      Reply #252: Jul 21, 2016 04:29:41 pm

Quick Reply