Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      3 (4.7%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      5 (7.8%)
      Dejan Lovren
      8 (12.5%)
      James Milner
      3 (4.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      5 (7.8%)
      Adam Lallana
      6 (9.4%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (1.6%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      2 (3.1%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      9 (14.1%)
      Divock Origi
      2 (3.1%)
      Alberto Moreno
      6 (9.4%)
      Marko Grujic
      14 (21.9%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Voting closed: Aug 24, 2016 05:06:57 pm

Burnley 2-0 Liverpool: In game and post match debate

Read 34509 times
      tq redz
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 81 posts | 14 
      Re: Burnley 2-0 Liverpool: In game and post match debate
      Reply #552: Aug 20, 2016 07:02:46 pm
      We need a Souness type player now.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,361 posts | 1013 
      Reply #553: Aug 20, 2016 07:08:43 pm
      that's football then....no we need to get angry and make sure the players and the club know we will not accept anymore of this bullshit

I agree, they live in their 'fairytale castles', don't have much contact with the fans who pay their wages, and have no mortal concept of what it's like as a fan, when your team have been beaten by a team, who on paper, your bunch of overpaid millionaires should be able to beat easily, or if not, at least put in a performance!
      As a fan, your weekend is defined by what your football team do on a Saturday/ Sunday. Win and you're guaranteed a good one, lose and it really is the pits, then there's Monday morning and the endless ribbing of rival fans!
      Do any of them get this, I doubt many do, but I know for sure Stevie and Carra got it!

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #554: Aug 20, 2016 07:13:37 pm
      I agree, they live in their 'fairytale castles', don't have much contact with the fans who pay their wages, and have no mortal concept of what it's like as a fan, when your team have been beaten by a team, who on paper, your bunch of overpaid millionaires should be able to beat easily, or if not, at least put in a performance!
      As a fan, your weekend is defined by what your football team do on a Saturday/ Sunday. Win and you're guaranteed a good one, lose and it really is the pits, then there's Monday morning and the endless ribbing of rival fans!
      Do any of them get this, I doubt many do, but I know for sure Stevie and Carra got it!

Jamie and Carra did because they had family and friends who understand what winning means for the fans. These lads from all over the world cannot possibly have empathy with a lad who drives a bus or a woman who juggles a full time job and a family and all the weekend means to them is watching Liverpool
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,608 posts | 752 
      Reply #555: Aug 20, 2016 07:14:48 pm
      How many were played out of position today?

Sturrigde Right midfield.
      Milner Left back.
      Firmino Centre Forward?
      Henderson Defensive Midfield?
      Wijnaldum CM?

Honestly whos fault are these?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #556: Aug 20, 2016 07:23:37 pm
      why are we playing in lime F***ing green. What part of come on you REDS is hard to understand this club has moved so far away from its roots now its hardly recognisable from the dream Shankly had. We are further away today than we have ever been from winning the league title
      Redangel

• 8,361 posts | 1013 
      Reply #557: Aug 20, 2016 07:23:58 pm
      Jamie and Carra did because they had family and friends who understand what winning means for the fans. These lads from all over the world cannot possibly have empathy with a lad who drives a bus or a woman who juggles a full time job and a family and all the weekend means to them is watching Liverpool

Sadly that is so true.

unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #558: Aug 20, 2016 07:27:38 pm

Gotta be careful with these kinda things, it's so easy for a random person to edit the text of social media sites on their PC only but then print screen and share etc. It's hard to verify stuff like this and people's reputations can get tarnished. It's not coincidence that sh*t like this comes out hours after a good performance.

You should reserve judgement unless something conclusive comes out.

Here's an eg. of what I'm talking about: https://www.reddit.com/r/tifu/comments/4yciej/tifu_by_pranking_my_boyfriend/
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #559: Aug 20, 2016 07:32:19 pm
      Sean Dyche said if he wanted to have 80% possession he would have 6 midfield players on too but he wanted penetration.fair and honest point well made
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #560: Aug 20, 2016 07:34:16 pm

Luis Suarez scored a hat-trick on the opening day of La Liga as champions Barcelona thrashed Real Betis.

/ BBC Sport

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36947777

A World Apart .

------------------------------

81%  possession today .

Criminal.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #561: Aug 20, 2016 07:36:06 pm
      Was Lucas not an option today our only DM?. or is he being prepared for the exit door to.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #562: Aug 20, 2016 07:41:52 pm
      Gotta be careful with these kinda things, it's so easy for a random person to edit the text of social media sites on their PC only but then print screen and share etc. It's hard to verify stuff like this and people's reputations can get tarnished. It's not coincidence that sh*t like this comes out hours after a good performance.

Here's an eg. of what I'm talking about: https://www.reddit.com/r/tifu/comments/4yciej/tifu_by_pranking_my_boyfriend/

Of course it's real for fucks sake. It was posted by John Gibbons, even I saw the original tweet before it was deleted. He's a c*nt and I hope he gets all the sh*t thrown at him.

He also posted this - not only a homophobic thug, but a nonce too by the looks of things. Not only do we lose to lower league opposiiton football clubs, but we keep conceding goals to f**king criminals. The last year we've had our arse handed to us on a plate by the beast Adam Johnson, Troy Deeney and now this cretin Andre Gray.

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #563: Aug 20, 2016 07:42:25 pm
      why are we playing in lime F***ing green. What part of come on you REDS is hard to understand this club has moved so far away from its roots now its hardly recognisable from the dream Shankly had. We are further away today than we have ever been from winning the league title

Yeah theres some real freaks and gimps that have been allowed a part of this club. These Warrior/New Balance crowd are just some of the latest.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4408 
      Reply #564: Aug 20, 2016 07:45:42 pm
      Henderson was that bad that even Lovren played with more ability and authority in midfield today  :lmao: :lmao:
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #565: Aug 20, 2016 07:46:52 pm
      Is anyone really , truly , wholeheartedly surprised by this result? This has been us for so long now it just can't really be a shock to anyone.

We have , and still do, tolerate and sustain poor footballers season after season. Manager after manager keep and regularly play piss poor players who should be sold when it is obvious they are not up to it.

WLDDWLWDLDWLDWDLLWDWW
      THIS is what we are in for again.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #566: Aug 20, 2016 07:53:04 pm
      Genuinely don't give a flying f*ck about how awful of a human being the opposing goalscorer is. How about we start focusing on ourselves and the massive f*cking holes/issues in our side instead?

I love Klopp and I know for a fact that he's a fantastic manager, but he needs to get his head out of his ass real quick here. Granted it's just the second game and I'm sure he'll sort it, but the entire world knows that we desperately need a DM and an LB.

Karius' injury can't be resolved soon enough, Milner/Moreno are both equally horrid in our defense, Hendo/Wijnaldum are essentially the same player and to be honest, they both looked completely useless so far, Sturridge is back to his sh*tty attitude and it's quite a sore sight - he honestly looks like an awful professional whenever things go wrong for him - meanwhile Lallana was pitiful and even Firmino/Couts were both pretty off out there. But my biggest issue of it all is how long it took for Klopp to address those things on the pitch out there and that we haven't addressed anything in the market yet.

Hope he has plans to do something in the market in the coming weeks and that on the practice pitch he reams them all out for that sh*tshow. And for God's sake can we put Emre Can on the pitch?!

Either way, it's just the second game so I'm sure that all the player issues can be resolved and that Klopp will get it together very soon and I still remain optimistic about the season given the amount of talent we've got in the squad in general, just hope to see some changes.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #567: Aug 20, 2016 07:55:07 pm

Oh yeah...apart from the fact that they were real and are now deleted.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #568: Aug 20, 2016 07:55:15 pm

Luis Suarez scored a hat-trick on the opening day of La Liga as champions Barcelona thrashed Real Betis.

/ BBC Sport

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36947777

A World Apart .

------------------------------

81%  possession today .

Criminal.

Suarez has scored 17 goals in his last 6 games ... FFS !
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #569: Aug 20, 2016 07:57:14 pm
      why are we playing in lime f**king green. What part of come on you REDS is hard to understand this club has moved so far away from its roots now its hardly recognisable from the dream Shankly had. We are further away today than we have ever been from winning the league title

We play in lime green because tw*t teenagers who play FIFA all day and defend the likes of Andre Gray on Twitter 'dig it'
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #570: Aug 20, 2016 08:01:32 pm
      Oh yeah...apart from the fact that they were real and are now deleted.

Just saying, people do shady sh*t like I mentioned all the time. Someone could have sent them to John Gibbons, but if Son of a Gun says he verified them himself then f**k Andre Gray.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,662 posts | 6960 
      Reply #571: Aug 20, 2016 08:03:12 pm
      Second game of the season and the pitchforks are out.

People banging on about the good old days seem to be precisely the same ones demanding instant domination.

Result was sh*t, performance was sh*t. I'd be far more worried for our season if Burnley had 81% possession and 23 shots to our two. (Even if we did win 2-0).

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,662 posts | 6960 
      Reply #572: Aug 20, 2016 08:05:18 pm
      Just saying, people do shady sh*t like I mentioned all the time.

I saw the tweet myself. On his twitter account. Not a picture. He must have deleted it in the last few hours. Either way it's got nothing to do with the game so I'm not arsed.
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #573: Aug 20, 2016 08:07:22 pm
      I saw the tweet myself. On his twitter account. Not a picture. He must have deleted it in the last few hours. Either way it's got nothing to do with the game so I'm not arsed.

Yea, they were definitely real. My bad, should do more research myself sometimes before commenting.
      Gongfarmer
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts | 19 
      Reply #574: Aug 20, 2016 08:16:12 pm
      At the heart of this problem is conceding 5 goals in two games. We need to fix that first and foremost.

Quick Reply