Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

Chinese State Owned Company Everbright

Read 42544 times
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Re: Chinese State Owned Company Everbright
      Reply #207: Sep 01, 2016 10:40:47 pm

This doesn't make sense? "A Chinese consortium is willing to raise its valuation of Liverpool to £1bn to secure an investment in the club, it was reported tonight.". The club is only worth £1.1 billion? That's a takeover bid, not an investment, surely?
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,296 posts | 1666 
      Reply #208: Sep 01, 2016 10:47:03 pm
      Could this be why balancing of the books and not willing to spend much money certainly seems this has some legs in it
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,350 posts | 1533 
      Reply #209: Sep 01, 2016 11:14:39 pm
      If it did happen, and Jürgen was given enough dosh to buy eleven of the top players in the world, for ridiculous transfers and wages, to launch a massive assault on the prem and CL.
      Who would be happy with that, and who would prefer the slowly slowly build up over three more years ?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #210: Sep 01, 2016 11:25:51 pm
      If it did happen, and Jürgen was given enough dosh to buy eleven of the top players in the world, for ridiculous transfers and wages, to launch a massive assault on the prem and CL.
      Who would be happy with that, and who would prefer the slowly slowly build up over three more years ?

I don't see it as an either feast or famine situation mate, I think there is a middle ground where we just buy the quality we need and quicken up the process rather than always waiting for next season. Then once you are at the top it's just a case of freshening up the side rather than rebuilding every other year.

Would I be happier if we had brought in 2 or 3 world class players ... yes. Would I care how much they cost if we won the league... no.

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #211: Sep 01, 2016 11:25:57 pm
      The thing that concerns me most with a Chinese takeover is what will happen if Jürgen says to the Chinese owners -I want you to go and buy me a number 6,what will they buy him. :f_tongueincheek:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #212: Sep 01, 2016 11:36:51 pm
      £1 billion?

Holy sh*t. Just goes to show just how much the value of English football has risen since FSG bought the club in the High Court six years back.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,347 posts | 6393 
      Reply #213: Sep 01, 2016 11:39:14 pm
      £1 billion?

Holy sh*t. Just goes to show just how much the value of English football has risen since FSG bought the club in the High Court six years back.
      You can likely thank the television contracts. I forget what NBC Sports paid for the rights to broadcast epl games here in the states but it was a HUGE amount and "soccer" appears to be finally here to stay and gaining a big following in the states.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,223 posts | 1222 
      Reply #214: Sep 01, 2016 11:45:46 pm
      £1 billion?

FSG have hit the jackpot, first buying the club when it was on its knees, and now benefitting from the massive influx of TV money and related commercial opportunities. Keep the pursestrings tight and watch the value of their asset soar. And now they might cash in by selling to the Commies. They must be loving it.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #215: Sep 01, 2016 11:48:23 pm
      £1 billion?

Shitting hell. Just goes to show just how much the value of English football has risen since FSG bought the club in the High Court six years back.

To be fair they did buy us in a fire sale, I think our value at the time was really much higher than £300million, but you can only get what someone is willing to pay and I think the board and the banks were happy at that time to see Hicks and Gillett walk away with as little as possible.

For me the more baffling thing is the low price that we were sold TO Hicks and Gillett for, spent years trying to find a buyer and then sold the club for what was looking back a pittance. 
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #216: Sep 01, 2016 11:48:23 pm
      Don't care what people say. Don't want to see the club throwing silly money at players like City, Chelsea and United.

I've been complaining about those soulless clubs trying to buy the league £50 million per player at a time and I don't know about you but I value my own morals and views towards the game more than a few pieces of gold.

World class talent should be earned by the way you play, not the size of your bottom line. I know the game is moving on, but I don't care. The day I see us making deals like £50 million for Martial, Jon Stones or your mates Granny something will have died at this club a little.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,463 posts | 4591 
      Reply #217: Sep 01, 2016 11:54:07 pm
      £1 billion?

Football is the worlds number 1 entertainment, £1 billion is still cheap for a club like LFC.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #218: Sep 02, 2016 12:00:47 am
      Don't care what people say. Don't want to see the club throwing silly money at players like City, Chelsea and United.

I've been complaining about those soulless clubs trying to buy the league £50 million per player at a time and I don't know about you but I value my own morals and views towards the game more than a few pieces of gold.

World class talent should be earned by the way you play, not the size of your bottom line. I know the game is moving on, but I don't care. The day I see us making deals like £50 million for Martial, Jon Stones or your mates Granny something will have died at this club a little.

It should be tempting but I just don't fancy it either for similar reasons. I don't think Klopp wants it either. If Everbright came in and gave Klopp hundreds of millions to spend they'd fully expect him to spend that money. I suspect Klopp's timeframe for doing what he wanted would be considerably shortened as well.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,653 posts | 3921 
      Reply #219: Sep 02, 2016 12:13:35 am

Yeah but... We could be historic, successful, worldwide fan base AND rich.

Why not?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #220: Sep 02, 2016 01:02:51 am
      This doesn't make sense? "A Chinese consortium is willing to raise its valuation of Liverpool to £1bn to secure an investment in the club, it was reported tonight.". The club is only worth £1.1 billion? That's a takeover bid, not an investment, surely?

I've not read the link but I'm guessing it means that any investment made will correlate with the club being worth £1bn so 20% ownership will result in a £200m investment.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,347 posts | 6393 
      Reply #221: Sep 02, 2016 01:08:50 am

Ok, but is 50m for Martial or Stones really that different from 35m for Mane?  I mean it's not like we are shopping bargain basement or anything.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #222: Sep 02, 2016 01:43:51 am
      Just getting an idea of how massive these Everbright fellas are. According to Northcroft on twitter, the dismissal of any investment occurring came from the Chief of only one particular arm of the Everbright empire. You know its Chinese state controlled little when there is so little info about them on the internet! Even Gary Wilmot's wikipedia page is bigger than Everbright's!

The most interesting thing about these rumours are that they are not being spearheaded by some ego centric blunderdome like Kenny Huang back in 2010 who caused The Times and other broadsheets to go into overdrive when he blatantly lied through his teeth saying something ridiculous along the lines of 'I've got the backing of the Chinese government's sovereign fund! (value = 1 trillion dollars)'. That charade didn't last long - the Chinese government came out the next day saying they'd never heard of a Kenny Huang. Worrying how badly Liverpool were being run (this was when Purslow when full Purslime) that bids were being considered for Huang and one of Gillett's own Kuwaiti mates. 
      « Last Edit: Sep 02, 2016 02:01:56 am by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #223: Sep 02, 2016 06:32:10 am

i'll tell you who wouldn't be happy with that, the very first human being who matters in such a deal, Klopp. if we got that kinda dosh and wanted to become that kinda club we would have to bring in another manager...
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #224: Sep 02, 2016 06:37:04 am
      ... a few Chinese whispers won't affect that determination.

You couldn't resist that could you Stu ?    ;D
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #225: Sep 02, 2016 06:42:30 am

Why not?

"We want the finest wines available to humanity ...

We want them here and we want them now "

https://youtu.be/VRgwbkdoIcY

"We are multi millionaires . We shall buy this place and fire you immediately"
      « Last Edit: Sep 02, 2016 06:52:42 am by MIRO »
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #226: Sep 02, 2016 06:54:37 am
      We haven't won the league for 26 years. I find it pretty incredible that people want to dictate the terms on which they would accept us winning it. I just want us to win and I believe playing on a level playing field regarding finance would be a big step in the right direction towards that goal. Who wouldn't want to watch us playing great football with great stars. I would certainly prefer watching a team with Dalglish and Rush or Suarez in it than one with Borini or N'gog leading the line.

As I have said before lets win the league and then argue about how we should have won it.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #227: Sep 02, 2016 06:58:28 am
      We haven't won the league for 26 years. I find it pretty incredible that people want to dictate the terms on which they would accept us winning it. I just want us to win and I believe playing on a level playing field regarding finance would be a big step in the right direction towards that goal. Who wouldn't want to watch us playing great football with great stars. I would certainly prefer watching a team with Dalglish and Rush or Suarez in it than one with Borini or N'gog leading the line.

As I have said before lets win the league and then argue about how we should have won it.

100% agree
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #228: Sep 02, 2016 07:15:33 am

We broke the transfer record for Kenny, Collymore, and Carroll, I'll assume you think something at the club died when we made those transfers mate.
      It's the real world, you move forward or you go backwards, its sad, but that's the reality, and we really are in danger of being caught up and overtaken by lesser teams with more ambition if we don't move with the times.
      We're currently sitting on the beach hoping the tide won't come in, when its already wetting our feet.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #229: Sep 02, 2016 07:17:18 am

Why not?

Oh God the fans! Never even thought of the bandwagon cu*ts that would swap their City shirts for Liverpool ones. Don't want anything to do with them cu*ts.

Quick Reply