Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 20th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

Chinese State Owned Company Everbright

Read 42903 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,037 posts | 3962 
      Re: Chinese State Owned Company Everbright
      Reply #276: Sep 03, 2016 02:55:09 pm

Besides I'm pretty sure the main stand will be taken care of through naming right and increases in matchday revenues. That was an investment that was pretty much a sure fire payoff as long as they keep the people coming.

Financially the stand is sorted, NESV acquired and remain at LFC because it was and is ''an investment that was pretty much a sure fire pay off as long as they keep people coming''.
      The above does need correction however.

The owners have done F**k all to ''keep people coming'', the institution that is Liverpool Football Club has existed since 1892 and is the best supported club in the land. JWH & Co know that the faithful will keep their investment ticking over and are fully prepared to watch the asset they acquired for peanuts grow and grow on the back of unflinching support.
      Cynical and a self serving agenda yes but financial organisations never stray from business strategies. 

ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #277: Sep 03, 2016 03:09:59 pm
      Yes and no, the initial investment will have to go into the club, at least a fair chunk of it anyway, otherwise there will be F***ing uproar form the fans.
      There would be little uproar from the fans as far a I can see. FSG can do whatever they wish and we'd have fans sucking their dicks because we owe them apparently.
      Any outside investment would only be to increase the overall value of the club for the final sale.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #278: Sep 03, 2016 03:17:21 pm
      I'm still under the impression that by purchasing this stake, they are injecting cash into the club itself, not using that money to just pay off our debts (I.e the stadium debt).

Savvy businessman always like to keep a percentage of the business in debt (30-40% usually) for tax shelter purposes because it'll help them maximize the value of the the business.

I think FSG would use this as cash to come in and just immediately go right to upping the value of the club. Perhaps some of that would go toward players, some would go toward general improvements and salaries and stuff like that, other (my guess is this would be the bulk of it) would go toward commercial work in China and Asia I'd bet and we'd probably end up trying to work with more sponsorships from there, and perhaps a small portion would go to FSG. Usually this money gets reinvested into the club, not just taken by the owners and run off with - unless they were selling out entirely.

Besides I'm pretty sure the main stand will be taken care of through naming right and increases in matchday revenues. That was an investment that was pretty much a sure fire payoff as long as they keep the people coming.

There's no debt as such on the stand, or there is, but how it's structured is important.
      They made an interest free loan, BUT (and here's the important bit) set no timetable for repayment, and also put in the option of dividends or equity.
      So, potentially, if Mike Gordon wants to increase his holding in the LFC part of NESV/FSG he can buy up equity (possibly up to the amount paid for building), or potentially, so could the alleged Chinese bidder.
      Add naming rights on top, and this is far more attractive than any bank loan.

This "loan" could be rolled over to reduce tax, because there is no repayment structure in place.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,660 posts | 7151 
      Reply #279: Sep 03, 2016 07:22:14 pm
      we don't need investment the team is complete . The only other investment would be to improve the infrastructure of the business enlarging the ground or improving Melwood both of which would improve the value of FSG's investment win win for them
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #280: Sep 03, 2016 08:43:14 pm
      That said, (to add more self-hypocrisy) regarding the spending front, when watching Mignolet drop clangers left, right and centre, surely it pushed the most ardent sentimentalist to spend the equivalence of a small African country's GDP on a new goalie?!!  ;D

;D

Brilliant !

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,384 posts | 1542 
      Reply #281: Sep 05, 2016 11:16:17 pm
      I always hoped we would win the prem by building and improving a squad of decent players over a number of years, then adding every season to maintain a grip on the top 4.
      Now we seem to be slowly getting cut adrift from the top 4, I say get whatever money you can, from any source and spunk the lot on the best players available. Win the prem & CL then get even more top players to keep the momentum.
      That's no different than all the other top clubs, but it would be great to say, yeah, all the money you ploughed in got you F**k all, and we've got the prem, and old big ears back !
      Priceless, hope I see it in my lifetime.
      It won't feel the same as the titles in the sixties seventies and eighties, but it will still feel boss !
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #282: Sep 07, 2016 12:42:43 am
      I always get anxious over the thought of someone new getting involved with the club.

Maybe the whole Hicks & Gillete debacle still haunts me today. New partnership brings different demands, things change. I'd rather leave it as is, but I'm no suit.

Whereas I've not been too thrilled with FSG's hot and cold attitude with the club, it could be worse. We're finally moving in the right direction once again. Let's not rock the boat.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,542 posts | 1540 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #283: Sep 07, 2016 08:40:49 am
      Jonathan Northcroft ‏@JNorthcroft  10h10 hours ago
      @tizlad @Fydsy @GraemeKelly1 We don't disagree much. Graeme thinks minority stake at 1.6bn value, I think majority at 1bn. But agree it's on
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #284: Sep 07, 2016 06:37:45 pm

Following reports of an Everbright approach for Liverpool that values the club at 800 million pounds, on Monday Reuters revealed that Chinese conglomerates Dalian Wanda and Fosun have seperately lodged "letters of interest" with the current ownership, US-owned Fenway Sports Group (FSG).

A senior Liverpool official contacted by China Daily reiterated FSG's denial over any bid for the club which they say is not for sale. The owners would however consider selling a minority stake in Liverpool, similar to Chinese consortium China Media Capital's $400 million purchase of a 13 percent share in City Football Group that controls Manchester City.

"It seems that there is a willingness inside the club to sell some or all of Liverpool to the Chinese investors," Simon Chadwick, professor of sports enterprise at Salford University, told China Daily. "I also sense that Liverpool's owners are likely to be playing hardball. There has been on-going and competing Chinese interest in Liverpool for several months. My feeling is that the owners will be using this to push-up the price of either an equity stake or the final sale price."

http://europe.chinadaily.com.cn/europe/2016-08/23/content_26574994.htm
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #285: Sep 07, 2016 07:02:55 pm

Following reports of an Everbright approach for Liverpool that values the club at 800 million pounds, on Monday Reuters revealed that Chinese conglomerates Dalian Wanda and Fosun have seperately lodged "letters of interest" with the current ownership, US-owned Fenway Sports Group (FSG).

A senior Liverpool official contacted by China Daily reiterated FSG's denial over any bid for the club which they say is not for sale. The owners would however consider selling a minority stake in Liverpool, similar to Chinese consortium China Media Capital's $400 million purchase of a 13 percent share in City Football Group that controls Manchester City.

"It seems that there is a willingness inside the club to sell some or all of Liverpool to the Chinese investors," Simon Chadwick, professor of sports enterprise at Salford University, told China Daily. "I also sense that Liverpool's owners are likely to be playing hardball. There has been on-going and competing Chinese interest in Liverpool for several months. My feeling is that the owners will be using this to push-up the price of either an equity stake or the final sale price."

http://europe.chinadaily.com.cn/europe/2016-08/23/content_26574994.htm

Certainly sounds like some investment is going to happen, how that investment is handled will hopefully show FSG in a more positive light. Unfortunately the cynic in me believes that the almost sole beneficiary of this will be FSG. We may get a small boost to our transfer funds due to the terms of the investment but I can't see FSG having any motivation for putting money they will feel they've 'earned' back into the club.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #286: Sep 07, 2016 07:07:51 pm
      Certainly sounds like some investment is going to happen, how that investment is handled will hopefully show FSG in a more positive light. Unfortunately the cynic in me believes that the almost sole beneficiary of this will be FSG. We may get a small boost to our transfer funds due to the terms of the investment but I can't see FSG having any motivation for putting money they will feel they've 'earned' back into the club.

All for nothing if they put the money into the club, as Klopp won't spend it.

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #287: Sep 07, 2016 07:20:28 pm
      All for nothing if they put the money into the club, as Klopp won't spend it.

They could always pass it on to the "customer" with reduced ticket prices. :)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #288: Sep 07, 2016 08:10:15 pm

FSG really can't just take the money and stuff it in their pocket, the buyer would not tolerate that. I'd imagine there would be a clause in any sale that says that a certain chunk, if not 100%, would have to go towards investment into the club, remember that that investment would go directly to increasing the value of FSG's remaining share so it would be incredibly short sighted not to.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #289: Sep 07, 2016 11:33:19 pm
      FSG really can't just take the money and stuff it in their pocket, the buyer would not tolerate that. I'd imagine there would be a clause in any sale that says that a certain chunk, if not 100%, would have to go towards investment into the club, remember that that investment would go directly to increasing the value of FSG's remaining share so it would be incredibly short sighted not to.

I think if FSG are in a financial position where they do not have to sell they will dictate how the cash is spent.The Chinese will not have little say unless they finish up with more than 50% of L.F.C. and I can't see FSG doing this unless they sell the whole lot.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,542 posts | 1540 
      Reply #290: Dec 14, 2016 02:13:42 pm
      Ok, I know we've only picked up 1 point out of a possible 6, I know this particular source works for a certain well known radio station, and I know it came from twitter, but, I thought I'd share with you that they expect the Liverpool takeover to be completed before Christmas.

I got rid of twitter and facebook and I haven't done any research on the subject yet. Just got a bit excited and posted here first.

:couch:
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #291: Dec 14, 2016 03:32:32 pm
      Ok, I know we've only picked up 1 point out of a possible 6, I know this particular source works for a certain well known radio station, and I know it came from twitter, but, I thought I'd share with you that they expect the Liverpool takeover to be completed before Christmas.

I got rid of twitter and facebook and I haven't done any research on the subject yet. Just got a bit excited and posted here first.

:couch:

Which source?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,223 posts | 4418 
      Reply #292: Dec 14, 2016 03:42:35 pm
      If your going to post nonsense at least provide a source!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,474 posts | 4594 
      Reply #293: Dec 14, 2016 03:55:07 pm

Chilli mayo please... :)
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,542 posts | 1540 
      Reply #294: Dec 14, 2016 04:23:31 pm
      Ian Abrahams of Talk Sport
      Kopite78
      Reply #295: Dec 14, 2016 04:25:01 pm

:lmao:

Literally just spat my coffee as I read that

F***ing ell. ... good one
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,474 posts | 4594 
      Reply #296: Dec 14, 2016 04:26:23 pm
      The 'Moose'....

Dear me..
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #297: Dec 14, 2016 04:52:43 pm

Close the thread.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #298: Dec 14, 2016 05:38:49 pm
      ha!
      John W. Henry ‏@John_W_Henry  28m28 minutes ago
      @BroadcastMoose @LFC Good that your sources will be debunked so soon.  Usually it takes a long time!

Quick Reply