Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 10th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P17 W10 D3 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      2 (1.8%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      2 (1.8%)
      Dejan Lovren
      2 (1.8%)
      Joel Matip
      3 (2.7%)
      James Milner
      1 (0.9%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Emre Can
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      96 (85.7%)
      Divock Origi
      1 (0.9%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      5 (4.5%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Kevin Stewart
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 108

Voting closed: Aug 27, 2016 09:41:15 pm

Burton Albion 0-5 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 21247 times
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: LIVE: Burton Albion V Liverpool
      Reply #230: Aug 23, 2016 09:40:37 pm
      Good result from our REDS  and for me as I got my first prediction (5-0) correct for the season.I have got the REDS down to beat Spurs,don't let me down.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,508 posts | 1484 
      Reply #231: Aug 23, 2016 09:40:48 pm
      Burton Albion or not that was a professional performance from the Reds and we approached it with the right attitude which I'm chuffed to see.
      Some brilliant performances out there
      Tonight And a tough MOTM,will give it to mane who just edges out Milner
      Who I thought was bloody brilliant tonight.
      Fingers crossed for emre & origi
      Next up spuds.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #232: Aug 23, 2016 09:40:58 pm
      Save the negativity for when we actually play badly lads. Today was a walk in the park and we barely needed to get out of 1st gear let alone 2nd.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4407 
      Reply #233: Aug 23, 2016 09:41:12 pm
      Excellent Can, Matip and Mane just give us so much more class and physical attributes.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #234: Aug 23, 2016 09:41:43 pm
      if you cant look good against a side like Burton then you have a problem

That last 'pass' from Henderson really summed his week up didn't it? He was passable against Arsenal. Horrific against Burnley and poor again today. You really have to go some to look poor in a 5-0 defeat of Burton.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #235: Aug 23, 2016 09:41:45 pm
      That'll do me boys, only 22/1 tonight though, scandalous bas**rds!! :D

Very good performance and to Saint, looks like Migs missed the first shot on target?!? Lucky clearance off the line as far as he's concerned.

Thought Orig, Firmino, Sturridge and Mane (MotM by a country mile) all looked very good indeed.

Negatives were Lallana, Wijnaldum and mostly Henderson who was poor again.

Bit harsh on Wijnaldum mate, didn't do much wrong? 
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #236: Aug 23, 2016 09:42:12 pm
      Err...no further questions your honour!
      You just knew when you typed it that it would come back to haunt you; didn't you? Another reason why I don't pick out individuals during a game...  I hate humble pie. :laugh:

Good enough for Jürgen; good enough for me.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1670 
      • YNWA
      Re: Burton Albion 0-5 Liverpool: In game and Post Match debate
      Reply #237: Aug 23, 2016 09:42:27 pm
      Henderson was really struggling out there

Yea, even against lowly side, was not good. Which is not good. Decision must be coming soon for Klopp ... that, or his form picks up.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #238: Aug 23, 2016 09:42:52 pm
      Excellent Can, Matip and Mane just give us so much more class and physical attributes.

Hopefully that can help solve the conundrum against deep sitting unambitious ugly sides like Burnley and so on.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #239: Aug 23, 2016 09:43:17 pm
      Bit harsh on Wijnaldum mate, didn't do much wrong? 

Perhaps mate but I expected more for him coming on in that position. Put it down more as 'I remain unconvinced and this match did nothing to persuade me'.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #240: Aug 23, 2016 09:43:52 pm
      That'll do me boys, only 22/1 tonight though, scandalous bas**rds!! :D

Very good performance and to Saint, looks like Migs missed the first shot on target?!? Lucky clearance off the line as far as he's concerned.

Thought Orig, Firmino, Sturridge and Mane (MotM by a country mile) all looked very good indeed.

Negatives were Lallana, Wijnaldum and mostly Henderson who was poor again.

To be honest thought Migs would be making his 'infamous' appearance at 2-0. Nice of him to wait until we wrapped the match up before clapping it into the head of an opposition player and almost into our goal...but for Matip.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4407 
      Reply #241: Aug 23, 2016 09:44:00 pm
      Perhaps mate but I expected more for him coming on in that position. Put it down more as 'I remain unconvinced and this match did nothing to persuade me'.

He did more than Henderson did the whole 90 mins
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #242: Aug 23, 2016 09:44:39 pm
      Mane continues to impress, maybe Burnley might have been different if he'd started. Nice to see Matip on the pitch, albeit under no pressure.
      Hope Origi not too bad after limping away.  We showed given time and space we can hurt teams.

Did we learn an awful lot - nope.  Still, nice to bang in a few to try get Burnley out of the system.

We didn't learn much, but nice to get Sturridge off the mark, Mane showing us that he's going to be a big player for us and it's always nice to score 5.   
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #243: Aug 23, 2016 09:45:04 pm

Come on, that second half was a formality. Let's not judge a player on less than half an hour in a match that had the feeling of a training game almost from the start.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #244: Aug 23, 2016 09:45:30 pm
      That last 'pass' from Henderson really summed his week up didn't it? He was passable against Arsenal. Horrific against Burnley and poor again today. You really have to go some to look poor in a 5-0 defeat of Burton.

players know when they stink you just wonder what goes through the lads head he is dire at the moment
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #245: Aug 23, 2016 09:46:08 pm

I agree with that mate, I'm still waiting too.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #246: Aug 23, 2016 09:46:24 pm
      Fantastic, a professional and clinical display from the lads without really breaking a sweat!

Obvious nod goes to Mane, what a player, one moment that particularly struck me was in the 91st min, we're winning 5-0, we lose the ball in midfield, they look to get it forward with no frightening urgency, but Mane goes from being of highest player up the pitch to sprinting past everyone to get back and take up a defensive position. More than the attacking runs, the assist, the passing or anything else, that really struck me about the lad. What a player we might just have here!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #247: Aug 23, 2016 09:47:12 pm
      Come on, that second half was a formality. Let's not judge a player on less than half an hour in a match that had the feeling of a training game almost from the start.

Ok, calm down lads it was harsh to put him on the negatives, hands up :lmao:

It was, as explained, just to my mind he's yet to convince me he's the right player for the role and this game did nothing to convince me, so to me that was a negative. Did he do anything 'wrong' in the game though, no, so negative was unfair on the lad, accepted.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #248: Aug 23, 2016 09:48:07 pm
      You just knew when you typed it that it would come back to haunt you; didn't you? Another reason why I don't pick out individuals during a game...  I hate humble pie. :laugh:

Good enough for Jürgen; good enough for me.

Didn't think you were so serious! Actually still think we're a better team with Origi down the middle and would prefer that over Sturridge leading the line because I did think we were better in the first half even though we scored three in the second. It's a luxury to bring Sturridge on in games when we've already won and Daniel took full advantage of that comfortable situation. Two goals against Burton doesn't wholly convince me otherwise that the Origi option is a less good option.

edit: And by the way - Sturridge wasn't playing when I commented on him. ;)
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #249: Aug 23, 2016 09:49:22 pm
      I agree with that mate, I'm still waiting too.

plenty of time he looks a little overawed at the moment he just needs a special moment and he will be good to go
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #250: Aug 23, 2016 09:50:57 pm
      Great performance from all the lads. Clyne had a great game and can really hurt teams with his pace and crossing ability. Nice to see Studge bag a couple. Still convinced he's lost his pace though. Mané is a real threat. Let's not pretend otherwise. His pace and strength on the ball are amazing. Odd one out? Henderson for me. Long range passing ability just doesn't cut it. Over the years we have been spoilt for choice with passing midfielders, but Hendo for all his endeavour just doesn't measure up.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #251: Aug 23, 2016 09:53:35 pm
      plenty of time he looks a little overawed at the moment he just needs a special moment and he will be good to go

That's my hope too Walt. I saw him a few times for Newcastle and he looked a very positive runner/passer and a good player. 
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #252: Aug 23, 2016 09:53:53 pm
      Fantastic, a professional and clinical display from the lads without really breaking a sweat!

Obvious nod goes to Mane, what a player, one moment that particularly struck me was in the 91st min, we're winning 5-0, we lose the ball in midfield, they look to get it forward with no frightening urgency, but Mane goes from being of highest player up the pitch to sprinting past everyone to get back and take up a defensive position. More than the attacking runs, the assist, the passing or anything else, that really struck me about the lad. What a player we might just have here!

Who else did we see do that for the cause ?

Luis.

Quick Reply