Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 3rd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W3 D0 L0

Liverpool v Besiktas: Match Thread

Read 10080 times
      Trabzonspor
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Re: Liverpool v Besiktas: Match Thread
      Reply #138: Nov 07, 2007 01:04:22 pm
      Hi all from Trabzon.
      Congratilations Liverpool.  ;D

donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #139: Nov 07, 2007 01:19:14 pm
      ummm can you take me to Anfield in return for a day trip around London? not quite bermuda I know :laugh:

Madrid's nice at this time of yeah... will prepare you a nice rum punch (or sangria) too... in return for that Anfield day trip!
      Richobaz
      • Only posts when we're losing...
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #140: Nov 07, 2007 01:26:46 pm
      Richobaz, Ra Ra Rafa, Samcharles & Scouser_10, not one post between the four of you in this thread.

Oh well, I'm sure we'll see you around again calling for Rafa's head when we draw another one :D

Get a Life - I mean that - sincerely!

Great result - all has been said above - no need to say anymore.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #141: Nov 07, 2007 01:29:34 pm
      Excellent result just imagine if Torres had played it would have been double figures,lets hope we get the results in the next 2 games to see us through.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #142: Nov 07, 2007 01:56:05 pm
      I for one have been slating the players and the manager for the last few weeks but i've asked myself the following questions :-

1. Did we play with passion  : Yes

2. Were there any urgency in our play? Definitely so, as if thier lives depended on it.

3. Were our passing fluid? Yes, can't see too many back passes, quick on the attack, good for a change.

4. Were they being creative in the penalty box? Yes.

5. Were we slow on the attack? No (Very fast, pass and move, resembles the great Liverpool sides of the yesteryears)

6. Were they competitive? Definitely so.

7. Did they show passion to chase for loose balls? Yes (Babel even scored with his buttock.  I've said it many times before Babel needs to be in the penalty box more often to do the damage not at the wings)

8. Did we put enough players in the penalty box to create better scoring chances? Absolutely so, we were all over the place.

9. Were the positioning of our players in the penalty box good? Yes. we could see wherever the ball goes, most of the time our players got to it. Again, i've mentioned all along, we need to park Jossi at the goalmouth, he's got some good sense of positioning, and he scored a couple because of that.

10. Did we create enough scoring chances? Yes, 19 and scored 8. 1 goal in every 2.375 chances created, a very good return.

11.  Did the forwards supported each other? We could clearly see that.

12.  Did we start playing attacking football only when a goal down or towards the last 10 mins.? No, we attacked right from the start.

13.  Did we show too much respect for the opposition? No. We played like men possessed, that's good, we need to be ruthless, a hallmark of a champion. That was the first time that i've seen Crouch being so ruthless, out of his harassment of the oppositon defenders that he created a scoring chance from nowhere and scored. We need to do that in every game.

I've been slating the team on the abovesaid weaknesses but i've seen a very very different Liverpool last night and full credit given to them, however, we do not want this to be a one game wonder and got carried away  where our play falls apart again in the next game.

Again, we have to be cautious, we were playing an off form team and with due respect to Besiktas, their players were below par, similar to what happened to us in the first leg. But back to the EPL, teams won't give u so much room to play and roam and their marking will be tighter and more ruthless. So we need to up one more gear to get past teams from now. If we continue to play like the way we did, we're in for interesting times and the league champion is within sight. But 1st we have to remain focus to get past to the knock out stage and i have the feeling goal differences will decide the 2nd qualifying spot.

donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #143: Nov 07, 2007 01:58:05 pm
      Get a Life - I mean that - sincerely!

Great result - all has been said above - no need to say anymore.

Mr Happy is Back!
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #144: Nov 07, 2007 02:03:04 pm

:D :D :D

He's just disappointed cos he's got nothing to whinge about!
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #145: Nov 07, 2007 02:44:00 pm

DM Osbon, I will gladly take you to Anfield, in return to a trip to Bermuda.......any day ;)    Do you think your wife would approve :f_tongueincheek:

Well erm hadn't thought it through...just like a male eh!? Do you go with your hubby to games...maybe he would like a Bermuda trip...?...hehe.

Glad you had a good time, I hope to get there this season but that's for another post, what was the highlight of the night for you though MsG?
      MsGerrard
      Reply #146: Nov 07, 2007 03:29:46 pm
      Madrid's nice at this time of yeah... will prepare you a nice rum punch (or sangria) too... in return for that Anfield day trip!

Your on Donrafael, ;) never been to Madrid!!

Well erm hadn't thought it through...just like a male eh!? Do you go with your hubby to games...maybe he would like a Bermuda trip...?...hehe.

Glad you had a good time, I hope to get there this season but that's for another post, what was the highlight of the night for you though MsG?

Obviously the highlight was just to be able to stand on the famous kop, but not only that, it was the way the team played last night, they played with and for each other, a delight to watch some of the pass and move football that we played, and yes I'm still buzzing from last night.

My hubby is not into football, I took my son with me last night and he loved it.

Just great ;D
      RedWilly

• 9,214 posts | 1646 
      Reply #147: Nov 07, 2007 03:35:39 pm
      Excellent result just imagine if Torres had played it would have been double figures,lets hope we get the results in the next 2 games to see us through.
      I think thats a bit unfair on the lads who started actually, voronin was brill and involved in just about every goal until he came off, crouchy was also brill and whose to say that if Torres started we would have got the same scoreline. I hope it doesn't sound like i'm having a go at Torres here but the credit has to go to the team that was out there and did an amazing job.

DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #148: Nov 07, 2007 03:44:08 pm
      I think thats a bit unfair on the lads who started actually, voronin was brill and involved in just about every goal until he came off, crouchy was also brill and whose to say that if Torres started we would have got the same scoreline. I hope it doesn't sound like I'm having a go at Torres here but the credit has to go to the team that was out there and did an amazing job.

It's possible we may have scored less with a Torres playing & not match fit to boot. So I agree with you there Liverbird.

My hubby is not into football, I took my son with me last night and he loved it.
      Ah I see unusual for that to be the case MsG...my wife hates football...maybe there's a wife swap we could arrange here... :o

Richobaz
      • Only posts when we're losing...
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #149: Nov 07, 2007 03:44:39 pm
      :D :D :D

He's just disappointed cos he's got nothing to whinge about!

I've seen your picture - it all makes sense now !!!!!
      bobbins
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts |
      Reply #150: Nov 07, 2007 04:32:23 pm
      What an unbelievable result, my mates and i couldn't believe what we were seeing, my 9 year old was jumping round the room, he loved it, a great all round performance, and i was chuffed for benayoun and babel and crouchie for that matter, i think it proves babel should be a striker.
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #151: Nov 07, 2007 11:41:26 pm
      As Crouchy said "it could have been more"?! Torres would have blown it into double figures i think if he was fully fit, the good thing about that team was we gave crouchy n kewell n leiva ago as well! This should be on the front page of every paper in england, I'm surprised its not. Hes something for you to winge about Richobaz, the Media  ;D ;D ;D

lovin it lovin it lovin it lovin it!!
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #152: Nov 08, 2007 12:06:02 am
      god he looks pissed off :lmao:
      « Last Edit: Nov 08, 2007 10:00:04 am by mrtommo »
      Watt
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 884 posts | 22 
      Reply #153: Nov 08, 2007 12:14:29 am

Hehehe.. Poor guy. Had a pretty busy day at work.

Happy birthday, Dobbs! :)
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #154: Nov 08, 2007 06:03:08 am
      cheers Watt!!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #155: Nov 08, 2007 06:43:29 pm
      Bit late like, only just got to a PC without having to do work!  :-\

What a game! A perfect night! Made much better as I watched it with a Bluenose!  :lmao:
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #156: Nov 08, 2007 11:49:26 pm
      Now then.  What a fantastic old game that was eh?

Loved every single minute of it all.  I knew we would deliver them a hammering, and great to see our passing game returning.  Shame we go so many games struggling for goals and then hit them all in one go but I am definitely confident we will overrun Fulham in just over 40 hours time.

A big plus to Ryan Babel for me - Yossi's were all tap-ins really, but Ryan got the goals he has deserved from a number of goals recently.

As for Crouch - the game was perfect for him.

Two enormously difficult games ahead though, and I hate to fill the boots of all the pessimists (who appear to have returned to the fold this week ;)) but I doubt we will qualify.
      Trabzonspor
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #157: Jan 17, 2008 09:13:08 pm
      8-0 :D  Go Liverpool Go  ;)

hi from  Trabzon/Turkey
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!