Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Hull?

Loris Karius
      1 (0.7%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      1 (0.7%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      2 (1.5%)
      James Milner
      49 (35.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      9 (6.6%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      41 (29.9%)
      Sadio Mane
      9 (6.6%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      23 (16.8%)
      Roberto Firmino
      2 (1.5%)
      Emre Can
      0 (0%)
      Marko Grujić
      0 (0%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 132

Voting closed: Sep 28, 2016 04:53:37 pm

Liverpool 5-1 Hull City: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 29410 times
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,176 posts | 265 
      Re: Liverpool 5-1 Hull City: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #253: Sep 24, 2016 05:03:36 pm
      Left back worries starting to disappear ?

I'm still worry, but are you sure you want me to keep repeat it every week ?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #254: Sep 24, 2016 05:04:03 pm
      Thought the same, walking out whilst YNWA is ringing around the stadium is a bit baulky.

I know. There's a big proportion of us who demand that we be entertained and when we are the very least we can do is express our gratitude at the end. Don't buy the argument with regards to 'beating the traffic'. You choose to go to a football match and support your team and as far as I'm concerned you choose to put all else as secondary. Must be a bit pissy for players to hear the final whistle, turn to the crowd and see it is half full. What do they have to do?

Aside from that - sumptuous stuff! So so easy and we were playing at only 50% from 3-0 onwards. Disappointed to concede, not a disastrous goal by any means as we did all right with the positioning and we defended the first ball. Just unfortunate that it fell to the Hull City player who's name escapes me. That said it was excellent to go back up the field and put two further goals away.

Just nice to sit back and relax. Could get used to this!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #255: Sep 24, 2016 05:05:18 pm
      It was mesmerising at times.

Confidence building .

Brilliant .
      « Last Edit: Sep 24, 2016 06:09:35 pm by MIRO »
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Hull
      Reply #256: Sep 24, 2016 05:07:20 pm
      Brilliant performance again lads, exactly what was needed to hammer home the Chelsea result. Up to 3rd now and deservedly so, it's becoming expected that we put performances like this out now and that's a lovely feeling.

Karius: Beaten by the only shot on target, perhaps could have done better but it was battered at him so that's being a little harsh maybe. 6

Milner: What a performance by the fella, was night and day from his Burnley game in my opinion, this is the LB we need when on this form. He's stringing performances together and it's looking more and more like a master stroke rather than mistake from Jürgen to play him there. 9

Klavan: Had one shaky moment but other than that he was cool at the back, excellent distribution and strong in the air. Think he's pushing for a starting place to be honest. 7.5

Matip: Silky smooth again, he's exceptional. Don't want to get carried away but he's the best I've seen in the air for us since Sami. 8

Clyne: Thought he was at fault for their goal and needed bailing out by Hendo a few times. 6

Henderson: Really good performance again by Hendo, right on top of his game. Recovering the ball rapidly and positional play out of the top drawer. Think his challenges have really improved and he's more than just getting a foot in now, well in. 8.5

Wijnaldum: Another cool, calm, classy display but he needs to get that ball into the back of the net, not just on target. Had a couple of chances he should have put away but I'm sure they'll come. Really building up a partnership with Hendo. 7.5

Lallana: Thought he was exceptional again, brilliant goal and was a real creative force. Had he made the full 90 there's a good chance he'd have been MotM. 8

Coutinho: Really loved seeing Cou in this form, dropping deeper and pulling the strings is exactly what we need in those tight spaces, has the talent to pick the right pass and seemed much more willing to choose pass over shot when it was the right decision. Should have scored a couple more if we're being fair, especially that one 5 yards out, shocker that. Liked that we managed to kill off Hull the moment they got their goal though, don't think it was as good a strike as some suggested, still it counts all the same. 8.5

Mane: He's relentless, direct and exactly what this team needed. Beautiful goal and deserved it, links very well with Firmino and the pair of them interchange very well indeed on that right hand side. 8.5

Firmino: I'd agree with those who said he had one of his worst games, he was still very, very good though. Created plenty and should be sitting on 3 assists in that game. His movement was top notch and was a large reason why we were recovering the ball so quickly in the first half. 7.5

Sturridge: Good for him to get some game time and made an immediate impact, after a great recovery by Bobby, twinkle toes and won an easy pen for a silly challenge. Personally was glad to see Milly take it, no messing about, he's the best pen taker we have and he slotted it away just like the first one. 6.5

Can: Rusty, needs the minutes. 5

Grujic: Didn't really get involved too much, didn't exactly have too long though. 5

Klopp: Got it spot on and gave some insight perhaps into what he wanted against Burnley. We truly battered Hull from start to finish and it could have been 8 or 9 without anyone complaining. Think he maybe could have given Milly a bit of a rest as he looked knackered near the end, oldest legs in the team and probably putting in the most yards. Let's protect him a little Jürgen when we have the chance. Overall 8/10.

Brilliant win, exactly what we needed and we march on!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #257: Sep 24, 2016 05:09:19 pm
      Left back worries starting to disappear ?

Yes mate, think he just edged MotM.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #258: Sep 24, 2016 05:12:14 pm
      Mane, 3 assists and 3 goals in 6 games. Good going
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #259: Sep 24, 2016 05:14:59 pm
      6 games of the league season gone, 3 where we've scored 4 or more.

Not bad.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #260: Sep 24, 2016 05:16:11 pm
      Piece of piss. That was easy.

Destroyed them even before they had the man sent off.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #261: Sep 24, 2016 05:19:48 pm
      Piece of piss. That was easy.

Destroyed them even before they had the man sent off.

You see red cards that occur at times when the game is really tight and it's just plain stupid. And then you see red cards like today that were borne out of pure desperation/fear of humiliation. Even without the red card we'd still have scored 5, maybe even more as it would have focused minds for longer.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #262: Sep 24, 2016 05:20:31 pm
      Not exactly going to be the most spoken about comment here but I love our central defence, the way they gel and talk to each other after a corner and all the way back to our goal is 'cool'.

Agreed, it's great that even though Lovren has been playing very well I could easily make a case for Klavan starting. Whichever of the 2 starts alongside Matip I'm not too fussed right now as I think all 3 are playing really, really well.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #263: Sep 24, 2016 05:21:39 pm
      I wanted even more goals but other than that it was a fantastic game, the lads were in total control all match even before the sending off, we treated Hull exactly how we ought to treat inferior teams, by annihilating them! What I particularly loved was how we outfouth them in every area of the pitch, we are becoming a much more physical and focused team.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #264: Sep 24, 2016 05:23:48 pm
      Anyone got a link to the goals ?
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #265: Sep 24, 2016 05:24:04 pm
      Every time we seem to turn a corner :mad:

If we stopped throwing stupid points away to lesser teams we could win the league!

Oh, hang on...
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #266: Sep 24, 2016 05:24:30 pm
      I wanted even more goals but other than that it was a fantastic game, the lads were in total control all match even before the sending off, we treated Hull exactly how we ought to treat inferior teams, by annihilating them! What I particularly loved was how we outfouth them in every area of the pitch, we are becoming a much more physical and focused team.

So did I! Thought I was being a right greedy/arrogant c**t for wanting more but the truth is 5-1 was very generous on Hull.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #267: Sep 24, 2016 05:29:18 pm
      Ain't life grand! Voted Milner MOM, always gives everything he's got.
      Early days, but we are looking like the real deal. Scoring for fun and playing some fantastic football, why would anyone leave early, except in an emergency, you could just miss the goal of the season!
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #268: Sep 24, 2016 05:37:57 pm
      Brilliant performance and hull are very lucky it wasn't 7 or 8.

Also, what a ball by Klaven into Milner (my MOTM by the way) in the first half!

We are going to go very very close this year I just know it!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #269: Sep 24, 2016 05:39:21 pm
      I wanted even more goals but other than that it was a fantastic game, the lads were in total control all match even before the sending off

Looked like it was going to be straightforward before the sending off.

Red card just meant we could give some players an early break second half.

Lallana's opener should have been our third!  Would have been great if Matip's header had been on target - was enjoying the little spell of centre-backs opening our scoring!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #270: Sep 24, 2016 05:43:54 pm
      Could have easily been 8-1 that. Superb performance all round.

Lallana and Milner in particular were absolutely outstanding.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #271: Sep 24, 2016 05:50:01 pm
      We were absolutely superb at times! Hull completely sh*t themselves when we pressed. It damn near could have been more than 5-1 on top of it, that's how good we were.

A little disappointing to concede on the only shot on target again, though. Mignolet again. Oh, wait. ;)

Special shout for Milner, who was excellent even without the two penalties. Such a great player for the side; never understood some of the hate he was getting last year.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #272: Sep 24, 2016 05:52:41 pm
      Really good performance, and a joy to watch.

I voted Henderson as MOTM.
      He ran the game, and everything good we did went through him.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #273: Sep 24, 2016 05:54:22 pm
      Enjoyed that massively.
      Had a smile on my face from the kick off to the final whistle.
      All played excellently.
      Went for Milner as my man of the match
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #274: Sep 24, 2016 06:04:40 pm
      I guess the biggest disappointment today is that we didn't beat Hull with Steve Bruce in charge!

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #275: Sep 24, 2016 06:07:40 pm
      Mane, 3 assists and 3 goals in 6 games. Good going

Coutino 1 goal 1 assist and also won a penalty in one game... Good going.

Quick Reply