Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Swansea?

Loris Karius
      2 (1.4%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      17 (12%)
      Joel Matip
      1 (0.7%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      40 (28.2%)
      Jordan Henderson
      4 (2.8%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      7 (4.9%)
      Sadio Mane
      13 (9.2%)
      Roberto Firmino
      57 (40.1%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      1 (0.7%)
      Emre Can
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 135

Voting closed: Oct 05, 2016 02:24:10 pm

Swansea City 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 23753 times
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,361 posts | 1637 
      Re: Swansea City 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #483: Oct 01, 2016 04:06:22 pm
      What is the point of you then? Who are you going to look stupid to?

Not totally at you this mate but I can't stand stuck up, half arsed, football supporters.

We are going to win the league and if we don't, I'll look back on the season during the times that it looked like it was still possible and think: "That was great that". Meanwhile, all the boring fuckers can sit smugly behind their keyboards glad in the fact that the chants from the Manchester United supporters (that they will never, ever meet) or the words from the Chelsea loving journalist at The Daily Mail were actually not directed at them personally as they said all along that only an idiot would believe that Liverpool would win the league.

But if we do win it I'll have had a F***ing great year. Full of positive thinking, football enjoyment in a glorious bubble where I dont read any papers or listen or care about what any supporter of any other lesser club says or thinks about Liverpool FC.

Try to live it, love it and enjoy it.

Let yourself go and just buy right into it. There are people on this forum with real problems. Being arsed about being wrong about something you said about Liverpool winning the league shouldn't be one.

Football is there to be enjoyed so enjoy this, now, while it is here.
      Spot on Dave
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,361 posts | 1637 
      Reply #484: Oct 01, 2016 04:10:50 pm
      Haha i'm not quite sure at this stage! Still only 25 so there is slight hope yet ;D

I'm not stuck up or half arsed or even miserable about us. I think we are doing really well this season so far and the more games we win the better our chances are.

13/14 took a fair bit out of me, taught me to relax and take it game by game I guess.

13/14 took a lot out of all of us mate , but you still look forward to the good days , fckin he'll I even bet on us winning it back in may , come next may I might look a right tw*t but for know I'm still in the race enjoy it buddy we've had too many sh*t times recently , plus we will have a few more makes it all the reason to enjoy it when lots going well ,
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,361 posts | 1637 
      Reply #485: Oct 01, 2016 04:12:39 pm
      Perhaps I'm upbeat cos I got a prediction right oh happy days .
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #486: Oct 01, 2016 04:12:51 pm
      First half reminded a bit of Burnley, which makes the 2nd gratifying. Some real character shown to dig deep on the road and engineer a fightback. Those 5-1 results will be few and far between, but to win these tightly-fought games rather than lose or draw, well that is what separates the best teams from the rest.

Karius. Did he come back too soon? Definitely not looking like the same keeper we saw in preseason. Of course the intensity of the matches and the opposition are different as well. Hoping he gets sorted soon. that last ball in from Swansea, when Karius started to come off his line and then froze, just about caused cardiac arrest here.

I still believe he's a top-quality keeper, but he didn't look it today.

But he/we will get it right soon enough.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #487: Oct 01, 2016 04:18:28 pm
      Mags, they're sh*t as well. Watch the replay of their first shot that went over the bar, he remained static and for their goal, he did not jump with their attacker.

I know mate, don't understand how he's got it when we had Milner on the other side and Firmino playing well too.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,924 posts | 966 
      Reply #488: Oct 01, 2016 04:22:40 pm
      People saying we were poor in the first half is a bit harsh on Swansea.  They were terrific in the first half, but ran out of steam as the game wore on.  We also upped our own game in the 2nd half and we're deserving winners.

Very few standout performances, but went for Mane as MOTM.  He always looks like our most potent threat in attack.  Special mention for Milly and Gini -- both are putting regular 7/10 performances in relatively unfamiliar/unnatural positions. 

Thought Clyne and Karius were both poor, but a win's a win. 

Be very harsh if Guidolin gets the sack on the back of that, but that's the unfortunate nature of the business. 

Well done lads!!  YNWA
      DanMann

• 5,781 posts | 891 
      Reply #489: Oct 01, 2016 04:31:19 pm
      Got to be Champions now.

Winning when it counts.. when we don't deserve it.. (I say purely based on the first 40 mins I watched, and comments here).

:champ:

Glad to have the 3 pts today.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #490: Oct 01, 2016 04:38:02 pm
      People saying we were poor in the first half is a bit harsh on Swansea.  They were terrific in the first half, but ran out of steam as the game wore on.  We also upped our own game in the 2nd half and we're deserving winners.

Very few standout performances, but went for Mane as MOTM.  He always looks like our most potent threat in attack.  Special mention for Milly and Gini -- both are putting regular 7/10 performances in relatively unfamiliar/unnatural positions. 

Thought Clyne and Karius were both poor, but a win's a win. 

Be very harsh if Guidolin gets the sack on the back of that, but that's the unfortunate nature of the business. 

Well done lads!!  YNWA

Absolutely bang on there with regards to Swansea. They played the best half of football any team had played against us this season. Thought we had swapped shirts with them before the start!
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #491: Oct 01, 2016 04:40:09 pm
      Luckily we have a Milner that huffed and puffed our way to 3 points. It could easily have been a draw and credit to Swansea. What a relief a banana skin is out of the way. Hope they take some points from our competitors.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #492: Oct 01, 2016 04:40:15 pm
      Got to be Champions now.

Winning when it counts.. when we don't deserve it.. (I say purely based on the first 40 mins I watched, and comments here).

:champ:

Glad to have the 3 pts today.

I only watched the second half, but I don't intend to claim all the credit for our win, similarly I don't intend to blame you entirely for our first half performance. :)
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #493: Oct 01, 2016 04:42:36 pm

Well done lads!!  YNWA

It will be quite harsh and to be honest he comes across as a nice fella.

The sh*t thing is... They haven't exactly had the easiest of starts.

They've played us, Chelsea, City, Leicester and Southampton so far all teams you'd probably expect to beat them.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,310 posts | 768 
      Reply #494: Oct 01, 2016 04:53:37 pm
      Sounds like another hard fought victory, for the Reds. Did not see the game, but went for a 2  1 win in the Prediction League. I just wondered who was MOTM.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #495: Oct 01, 2016 05:01:47 pm
      Don't expect us just to turn up and get 3 points. A hard fought match and a well deserved win and what a relief. Feeling good about the game against MU as the international break doesn't give Maureen much time to prepare. Off to a happy international break.
      « Last Edit: Oct 02, 2016 12:03:12 am by redkop63 »
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #496: Oct 01, 2016 05:23:29 pm
      Couldn't be happier that we came from behind and claimed those points; it shows that our boys are up for it.

Your opponent is your opponent but I couldn't help feeling sorry for their coach, and Rangel for that matter. They are obviously a well-drilled side and in days past, they might have kept us out of it. F@*k any other team while we are playing against them but I do enjoy watching the swans play, and they would do well to give their manager some time to sort things out on today's evidence.
      DanMann

• 5,781 posts | 891 
      Reply #497: Oct 01, 2016 05:27:01 pm
      I only watched the second half, but I don't intend to claim all the credit for our win, similarly I don't intend to blame you entirely for our first half performance. :)

:lmao:

I followed it on BBC live text if that counts..  :D Will grab highlights later.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #498: Oct 01, 2016 05:48:25 pm
      Mark of an improving team going on the road, playing on a wet pitch and turning a loss into a draw into 3 points.

Far from pretty and no doubt the players and manager will be having words with themselves but sometimes you have bad days...in the past our poor performances were 0 or 1 point...today it was 3 so i will take it and we move on.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #499: Oct 01, 2016 06:32:33 pm
      Sturridge was crap mate, he was slow at making choices and walked around on the spot when he got the ball, made the wrong passes and slowed down the game to a crawl. Milner is my MOTM. Sturridge was annoying today.
      Did say he was good just that with him on the pitch It changed our style of player which in turn lead to our come back... but It is my choice and I respect you seeing things your way.. Still good win  ;D
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #500: Oct 01, 2016 06:49:57 pm
      A Come back and good win today. Well done lads....Felt that we could of, and maybe should of gone more direct earlier, and it showed when we did, pull back a goal and won a penalty..
      MOTM... Hard pressed to chose here... No one really stood out...Yes Firmino scored one and won a pen, but a side from that was far from impressive... For me Milner or Sturridge... Milner had a fairly solid yet overly unimpressive game, But the game change in favour with Sturridge's introduction

You are a lost cause if you think Sturridge was MOTM
      Rockafella88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts | 83 
      Reply #501: Oct 01, 2016 06:51:05 pm
      I said in the pre match thread that people saying we would steamroll these would be wrong, as Swansea play quite good football at times.

1st half was a mixture of us not being up to par and Swansea playing excellent. As the half came to an end we were getting back into it, but I knew we would turn it up a few notches after a Klopp rollicking.

This kinda game is what the difference is between a sh*t season and a boss one. In the past 10 years, we would of crumbled here, but for the first time in years we won a game we probably shouldn't of. Just like United used to under Whisky nose. Just like Chelsea did under Mourinho (first time round)

This is the result that makes me want to believe.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,362 posts | 8617 
      Reply #502: Oct 01, 2016 07:11:35 pm
      Come from behind to win in a game where we were never really in that much danger. We seemed to get outworked in the first half and not much came off for us, got there arses in gear second half, got the equaliser and won the game.

Voted Firmino as motm, had a good game today, scored a good header and did well winning the pen.

Not gonna shout my mouth off about winning the league yet, but quietly confident!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #503: Oct 01, 2016 07:38:33 pm
      Missed the first 25 mins as I was coaching and I'm glad I did, hate seeing us concede goals first to teams like that. So glad we managed to get back into the game and win it. Was a toss up between Firmino and Milner for MOTM but went for Firmino. Very impressed with the way Milner is playing at left back, he wasn't happy about being told to play there but he's played such a big role in our wins recently.

Karius not coming for some crosses concerned me a little, especially the one at the end where Van Hoorn should have buried it to equalise but other than that I thought he did well.

I can't remember if I went with a 2-1 or 2-0 win in the prediction league.

Keep them wins coming!!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #504: Oct 01, 2016 07:47:11 pm
      Another 3 points in the bag,it does not matter how we get the points as long as we do :kop5cf8koxp6:
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #505: Oct 01, 2016 07:52:45 pm
      There's never been a league campaign where the eventual winners didn't have a few nervy moments, a few games where they had to really grind it out and a little bit of luck along the way.

We're gonna blow teams away this season as we've seen but we're also gonna win games 1-0 or 2-1 and of course we are probably going to get beat at some point too.

Looking at the bigger picture I don't think any fan could be much happier with the way things are looking at the minute.

On the match itself I thought Swansea played really well. Hardest team we've had to break down since Burnley. But since the Chelsea and Leicester games everyone who was saying "what about the teams like Watford and swansea" Well we've showed everyone how it's done.

Thought Clyne was pretty sh*t today, Karius  is a bit flappy too which doesn't fill me with confidence but give him time. I thought Matip was solid again, he has a great passing range on him too.

Sturridge looks well off the mark, not sure what's going to happen with him.

3 points is 3 points though, fingers crossed united get dicked this weekend and it's happy days!

Quick Reply