Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. What do you think the result will be on Monday?

Liverpool win
      107 (90.7%)
      Draw
      8 (6.8%)
      United win
      3 (2.5%)

Total Members Voted: 113

Voting closed: Oct 18, 2016 01:06:28 pm

Pre Match: Liverpool V Manchester United (17th Oct 2016 - 8:00pm)

Read 52501 times
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Re: Pre Match: Liverpool V Manchester United (17th Oct 2016 - 8:00pm)
      Reply #23: Oct 04, 2016 12:02:44 pm
      Post away Keith, it will be really interesting to get a view from the other side. ;)

:f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah:
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #24: Oct 04, 2016 12:07:57 pm
      Let's not underestimate maureen, he's a cunning old fox and Klopp must not fall prey to him. He'll sure come up with a game plan to try to stop us. Yes, they've created a number of scoring chances against Stoke and that was because Stoke allowed them to do so. No disrespect to Stoke. I've watched that game very closely and they have come up with some kind of attacking formations of late  :-

1. Take the ball to the corner, whip in a cross and hope for  ibra gets to the end of it (we all know that); or they have 3 or 4 players running towards the oppo box towards the goal line trying to force the ball into the net, or;
      2. Take the ball to the corner, cut in and run across the oppo box near to the arc through successive passes and to find an opening inside the box to pass the final ball

I've seen a few more flaws in their game but I'll zipped my gab and I'm sure Klopp knows all of that and better than me.

Klopp will need to have plan B and C as maureen does well against the opposition if they only have one game plan. Don't give maureen the chance to re-act.

I would think maureen will either, start the game   :-

With guns blazing and hope to score a goal or two then close shop, or

Resort to a double decker bus and allow us to attack and resort to counter attack.

De Gea has fumbled some saves of late and it's a sign of a good goalkeeper dip in form.

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #25: Oct 04, 2016 12:34:03 pm
      Not as tough as in Ferguson's days when he had all the officials in his pocket, the underhand tactics you indicate were par for the course in whisky nose's tenure and the officials gladly played with his balls.

Not so now with everyone hating Mourinho including a good many of their supporters and us not having to resort to such cheating the game will be decided on footballing merit, I would go as far as to say you probably are more enthusiastic about Mourinho's ''tactics'' than most of the mancs.

There is a massive difference between Fergusons and Mourinhos teams. Fergusons teams could actually play football and whether he had the officials wrapped around his little finger or not, they were still the best team in the country.

Mourinhos teams are piss poor. They can't play football for sh*t. I'm actually gobsmacked at the amount of success he has had. What he can do though is set a team up to not lose a match. He will come here, park the double decker and slow the clock right down.

I was at the match in the 13-14 season when we played Chelsea. At that moment in time we were probably the best team on the planet. Forget Stevies slip, we were never going to score. We could have played another 90 minutes and we still wouldn't have scored past them and that was when we were putting 5 or 6 past most teams each week.

I expect Mourinho to come here and to use the same tactics as he did then. It would be very foolish of him to come at us because we will kill them on the break. It has potential to be a frustrating night for us.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #26: Oct 04, 2016 12:34:25 pm
      Yup, he'll park the F***ing bus.

Also, he's not 'a cunning old fox', he's a c**t.

Is right Ian  :nod:
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #27: Oct 04, 2016 12:49:06 pm
      I don't think manc supporters would accept parking the bus as a tactic, they love to watch good attacking football. They turned on Moyes and Van Gall for playing negative footie, and they will expect to come here and win. They won't of course 😁
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #28: Oct 04, 2016 01:04:19 pm
      I don't think manc supporters would accept parking the bus as a tactic, they love to watch good attacking football. They turned on Moyes and Van Gall for playing negative footie, and they will expect to come here and win. They won't of course 😁

I think in general you're right. But at the moment I'm sure they would be delighted with a point at Anfield. We would be disappointed with anything less than 3 points too. We're on fire playing some really good football. From what I've seen of them, they haven't improved much since Van Gaal or Moyes.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,443 posts | 3422 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #29: Oct 04, 2016 01:11:19 pm
      Mums funeral is at 2 pm on the 17th, gonna be a very strange and emotional day, as a red i am sure she will be watching from somewhere
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #30: Oct 04, 2016 02:28:08 pm
      Mums funeral is at 2 pm on the 17th, gonna be a very strange and emotional day, as a red i am sure she will be watching from somewhere

Sorry to hear of your sad news mate. 
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,014 posts | 3953 
      Reply #31: Oct 04, 2016 02:41:08 pm
      There is a massive difference between Fergusons and Mourinhos teams. Fergusons teams could actually play football and whether he had the officials wrapped around his little finger or not, they were still the best team in the country.

Mourinhos teams are piss poor. They can't play football for sh*t. I'm actually gobsmacked at the amount of success he has had. What he can do though is set a team up to not lose a match. He will come here, park the double decker and slow the clock right down.

I was at the match in the 13-14 season when we played Chelsea. At that moment in time we were probably the best team on the planet. Forget Stevies slip, we were never going to score. We could have played another 90 minutes and we still wouldn't have scored past them and that was when we were putting 5 or 6 past most teams each week.

I expect Mourinho to come here and to use the same tactics as he did then. It would be very foolish of him to come at us because we will kill them on the break. It has potential to be a frustrating night for us.

It's been said but if he turns up and attempts a defensive strategy the mancs will get ripped. Gone are the days when they had a robust defence and could have men set for the break, they are a shambles right now and will crumble.
      Get over to the sh*te caff and check out their confidence levels with their manager and the team.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,014 posts | 3953 
      Reply #32: Oct 04, 2016 02:42:43 pm

Condolences mate and may your mother rest in peace.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,710 posts | 3718 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #33: Oct 04, 2016 03:12:52 pm
      Big wait for this game :( Hopefully, we will be full team to conquer this manure. No injuries please and fingers crossed.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #34: Oct 04, 2016 03:13:20 pm

RIP, sorry to hear about your mum, take good care of yourself & family. ynwa
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,710 posts | 3718 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #35: Oct 04, 2016 03:13:28 pm

Condolences and YNWA!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,658 posts | 6953 
      Reply #36: Oct 04, 2016 03:35:40 pm
      From what I've seen of them, they haven't improved much since Van Gaal or Moyes.

Certainly got a couple of better players though.  And Mourinho, on an average day, probably edges those two managers. 

I don't think manc supporters would accept parking the bus as a tactic, they love to watch good attacking football. They turned on Moyes and Van Gall for playing negative footie, and they will expect to come here and win.

Disagree - I think they'll be happy with anti-football if it gets them results.  Can imagine Mourinho is already preparing the mind games so let's just hope Jürgen concentrates on the football and doesn't get distracted by his bullshit either pre or during the game.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #37: Oct 04, 2016 04:01:33 pm

Sorry to hear your news mate
      YNWA
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,443 posts | 3422 
      Reply #38: Oct 04, 2016 04:06:04 pm
      Thanks guys, hope the redmen give her the send off she deserves
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #39: Oct 04, 2016 04:18:58 pm
      Thanks guys, hope the redmen give her the send off she deserves

I think she'll understand if they don't mate, form goes out the window in these games and they've fluked many an undeserved win or draw over the years.  It's fitting though, for the massive Red that she was, that she's being laid to rest on matchday, especially against these gobshites.

Will be thinking of you all at 2pm mate  :hug:
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,443 posts | 3422 
      Reply #40: Oct 04, 2016 04:27:32 pm
      I think she'll understand if they don't mate, form goes out the window in these games and they've fluked many an undeserved win or draw over the years.  It's fitting though, for the massive Red that she was, that she's being laid to rest on matchday, especially against these gobshites.

Will be thinking of you all at 2pm mate  :hug:

cheers debs
      harrydunn08

• 5,923 posts | 965 
      Reply #41: Oct 04, 2016 05:08:52 pm
      Am I allowed to post in this thread now and during the match for some banter win, lose or draw guys & girls?? Don't want to be accused of being a WUM when most people who know me on here know I'm not. Now don't all answer at once. Don't want the server to crash  ;D do I have moderators approval?? 

Question for you:  What are your thoughts on Mourinho?  Most of my Manc friends hate him and are embarrassed that he is the manager.  One even went so far as to say that even when his own team lost (after the Watford match), he was still able to take some satisfaction from laughing at Jose.  Thoughts? 
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #42: Oct 04, 2016 05:22:33 pm

With his successful Chelsea teams he always had a beast or two in the midfield and at the back (Essien, Makelele, Mikel). Along with the defending in numbers, these guys would literally bludgeon opponents and (with the help of Jose's moaning) get away with it. Then they would have some superior athlete up front (usually Drogba) who could score a goal and exactly ONE players in midfield who could actually play. Worked for him in Portugal, at Chelsea v1 and at Inter.

But Klopp and others have come up with a better tactic, one that that outdo that tactic if a team has the right XI on the park...and we do. Always respect the opponent, I get it. But we should be in for a night to remember at Anfield.
      « Last Edit: Oct 04, 2016 05:32:34 pm by Robby The Z »
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,300 posts | 766 
      Reply #43: Oct 04, 2016 06:22:52 pm
      Really confident this time, that we can give the Mancs a good beating. Especially the form that the Reds, have been lately.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,224 posts | 1222 
      Reply #44: Oct 04, 2016 06:46:20 pm
      Really confident this time, that we can give the Mancs a good beating. Especially the form that the Reds, have been lately.

Genuinely have no fear going into this game. Not often that it's been like that for me where the Mancs are concerned.

We are playing as well as anyone in the league at the moment. The Mancs, by contrast, are still in an incoherent phase with uncertainty surrounding key players. What an opportunity to make them sweat...
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,014 posts | 3953 
      Reply #45: Oct 04, 2016 07:43:24 pm
      On the caff they're predicting a Liverpool win and absolutely shitting bricks.

Quick Reply