Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W12 D1 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man U?

Loris Karius
      1 (0.8%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      2 (1.6%)
      Joel Matip
      26 (21%)
      Dejan Lovren
      5 (4%)
      James Milner
      26 (21%)
      Jordan Henderson
      10 (8.1%)
      Emre Can
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      33 (26.6%)
      Roberto Firmino
      8 (6.5%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      1 (0.8%)
      Alberto Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      12 (9.7%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 120

Voting closed: Oct 21, 2016 09:53:29 pm

Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 39435 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #483: Oct 17, 2016 10:07:56 pm
      23 years old 4 matches into wearing the shirt and playing in the biggest match yet and he is not the answer.

Amazing insight and analysis.

Whilst getting our 1st clean sheet in 10games.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #484: Oct 17, 2016 10:08:00 pm
      Let's hope so. Mournyho has made watching football so boring. As you say we only have to put up with them for one other match.

Course he has, he's renowned for it but he or them ain't our problem.

We know how we can play and it's a F**k sight better than their best so F**k em. 

We didn't lose, we made up ground, they're still 3 points behind us and playing like sh*t.

I'm sure they'll try to take some positives from the game cos they're desperate to believe they're on the right track.

F**k em, they're no threat to our ambitions.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #485: Oct 17, 2016 10:08:10 pm
      I thought we were the better side without question, they're a poor side and I'm very disappointed we didn't put them away because many, many more will.

Karius: Nervous but a clean sheet which will hopefully do his confidence some good because he needs to build it. 5.5/10

Clyne: Thought he didn't offer enough going forward, remain completely unconvinced about Clyne. 6.5/10

Matip: Very good by the big man, thought he looked our most composed player and it water off a duck's back for him. 8/10

Lovren: Also very good but a little bit too chancey on occasion again. 7.5/10

Milner: Went through the pain barrier and I hope he's alright because he's looking more and more like the player we need at LB. Just shaded MotM in my opinion. 8.5/10

Henderson: In the first half was the only one of our midfielders who had a presence and was reliable. When the team improved in the second I thought Hendo remained at his level though, still a good performance but was a chance to do a little more. 7.5/10

Can: Diabolical 30 mins, better last 15 in the first half and an improved display in the second. Still thought overall he looked incredibly rusty, which this far into the season is surprising. Looks to have regressed from last season and is nowhere near threatening our starting 3 when they're fit. Having said that he came closest to scoring, but could have placed his shot wider, nice to see him get forward, didn't do that nearly enough though. 6/10

Coutinho: Came to life in the second half, looked a little bit lost in our midfield in the first half. Really unlucky not to score with a sweet strike and when Lallana did come on and he went back to his left side role he was very good. 7/10

Mane: A lot of industry but really didn't have a partner to complement him in the first half. Could see, again, the difference when we went to the more fluid style with Lallana. To be fair to him he also made a few runs in that first half that would have been very threatening if anyone spotted them. 7/10

Firmino: Thought he was struggling in the first half, seemed to have men surrounding him and his touch wasn't quite there. Much better in the second half and needs to be starting up top, little question on that in my opinion. 6.5/10

Sturridge: Weakest player on the pitch, nothing stuck, he was out paced for every 'sprint' he went for and only really looked a threat once when Bobby could have picked him out far post. This is more than just a style conflict, Studge doesn't look close to the player he was in recent years and I think he's lost an awful lot of pace. There was a cross that Bobby put in that Studge didn't even change his stride on, Studge of old would have reached that in my opinion. 5/10

Lallana: What a difference, what a difference in player too. Changed the game, United were on the ropes the moment he came on and only just got themselves to the final bell in my opinion. 7/10

Origi: Not on long enough to comment.

Moreno: Not on long enough to comment.

Jürgen: Think he'll be bitterly disappointed in that first half, could see the anger in his  face when he came out for the second. We did improve but the catalyst was Lallana and I just wonder how far Ings is from being promoted because he will do the hard yards Jürgen needs and he has been banging them in for the ressies. So I wont say Jürgen got it wrong but he has to act on what he's learned. 7/10

Overall a point isn't a bad result but against what they put up against us, really does feel like we let them off with being as poor as they are. 2 points dropped in my opinion.
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #486: Oct 17, 2016 10:08:12 pm

I love the United fans reaction, exactly the same sh*t as Chelsea fans used to spout, as in "Tactical Game" and "Tactically Brilliant".

£400 million and Tactically sound, after a 0-0 draw. Thats Tactically sh*t!
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #487: Oct 17, 2016 10:08:15 pm
      Listening to their players - they are actually proud (the way a Hull would be) that they came away with a draw by parking the bus... shows me that they were properly fearing a tanking.

A par for the course Mourinho team display.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #488: Oct 17, 2016 10:08:37 pm
      People's comments on Karius are F***ing hilarious. I guess you've got to bi*ch about something considering we didn't lose.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,674 posts | 6968 
      Reply #489: Oct 17, 2016 10:09:03 pm
      Exactly how you gotta look at it, when the fixture list was released I have to be honest, I wouldn't have expected us to be a games result away from topping the table.

True that.  I bet there wasn't a person on the forum who expected us to have 17 points at this stage.

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,719 posts | 3941 
      Reply #490: Oct 17, 2016 10:09:10 pm
      Urk, that was painful. All the build up, result was complete anti-climax. Neither side good, we shaded it on chances, but can't say we deserved to win it. Maureen knows how to park a bus and frustrate, we just didn't have enough about us to breakthrough. Studge was v quiet, maybe could've changed him off sooner. Firmino looked slow, specially that chance were Smalling made up yards to get a tackle in. Cou probably my MOTM. Karius a bit of a concern too - though at least we kept the clean sheet :) One to forget and move on...

Coutinho was excellent in my opinion. The back 4 superb. I didn't think anyone had a particularly poor game except for sturridge (I'm gutted about his form, this was his chance) and Karius.

You can't deny that challenge from Valencia and the two saves by De Gea.

I'll take that point and we can just move on.
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #491: Oct 17, 2016 10:09:12 pm
      Horrible game of football but expected by an international break up.

Better than a loss.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,532 posts | 1517 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #492: Oct 17, 2016 10:09:24 pm
      We looked nervous and edgy for the entire first half and most of the second
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,719 posts | 3941 
      Reply #493: Oct 17, 2016 10:09:31 pm
      People's comments on Karius are f**king hilarious. I guess you've got to bi*ch about something considering we didn't lose.

You think he looked good then?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,674 posts | 6968 
      Reply #494: Oct 17, 2016 10:09:47 pm
      Listening to their players - they are actually proud (the way a Hull would be) that they came away with a draw by parking the bus... shows me that they were properly fearing a tanking.

A par for the course Mourinho team display.

Thought that was odd myself.  Herrera saying he was 'very proud' of a draw.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #495: Oct 17, 2016 10:10:46 pm

85 mins

What have we learned tonight? Liverpool are a much better team with Adam Lallana in instead of Daniel Sturridge.

Although we knew that didn't we?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/37155428

BBC Sport.

Have to agree .
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,218 posts | 4416 
      Reply #496: Oct 17, 2016 10:11:33 pm
      They are just an expensive West Brom.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,600 posts | 1507 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #497: Oct 17, 2016 10:11:44 pm
      For real though, imagaine a Man Utd without De Gea!  :o

He already looks set to win their best player of the season award... I wish a Spanish team would hurry up and buy him!  :lmao:
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,532 posts | 1517 
      Reply #498: Oct 17, 2016 10:12:01 pm
      23 years old 4 matches into wearing the shirt and playing in the biggest match yet and he is not the answer.

Amazing insight and analysis.
      It's not that difficult. He's flapped at most of the crosses and his kicking is on a par with Migs. And at 23 years of age, you aren't exactly a boy anymore.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,532 posts | 1517 
      Reply #499: Oct 17, 2016 10:12:32 pm
      Whilst getting our 1st clean sheet in 10games.
      Which had more to do with Utd parking the bus
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #500: Oct 17, 2016 10:12:57 pm

I'm not going to justify that with an answer, you're being embarrassing.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #501: Oct 17, 2016 10:13:00 pm
      It's not that difficult. He's flapped at most of the crosses and his kicking is on a par with Migs. And at 23 years of age, you aren't exactly a boy anymore.

And your not the finished product by a long shot either.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #502: Oct 17, 2016 10:13:34 pm
      Which had more to do with Utd parking the bus

Still a clean sheet, Burnley parked the bus but they still got 2 goals.
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #503: Oct 17, 2016 10:13:44 pm

85 mins

What have we learned tonight? Liverpool are a much better team with Adam Lallana in instead of Daniel Sturridge.

Although we knew that didn't we?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/37155428

BBC Sport.

Have to agree .

One comment on there:

Sushant Shetty: A long, long time since I have seen #mufc play this tactically. Under Moyes and LVG there was no plan. Shows Mourinho is working

Hahahahahaha
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,623 posts | 2159 
      Reply #504: Oct 17, 2016 10:13:53 pm
      Can was much better in the 2nd half, much much better! Was keeping the ball better, playing better passes, defending better and got forward more. Unlucky not to score too

I agree mate, he busted a gut 2nd half and was a marked improvement on the first half. I just feel he will always be a little bit too slow on the turn and in Thought to be a truly top player.
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #505: Oct 17, 2016 10:13:55 pm
      So Karius is sh*t - because he didn't concede, didn't make a costly mistake - all because Zlatan didn't threaten him with an attempt at goal :lmao: That's comical bullshit!

Not going to complain about the result, would have been good to get the win of course and I think in the end we did enough to get the win but De Gea saves their arse again.

Who said he was sh*t?
      He made mistakes but because of ibra`s positioning and shitty header they weren`t costly,lucky him.

Quick Reply