Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 13th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W7 D4 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Sunderland?

Loris Karius
      7 (6.1%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      8 (7%)
      Dejan Lovren
      4 (3.5%)
      James Milner
      12 (10.4%)
      Emre Can
      4 (3.5%)
      Jordan Henderson
      15 (13%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      3 (2.6%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      10 (8.7%)
      Sadio Mane
      2 (1.7%)
      Lucas Leiva
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      50 (43.5%)

Total Members Voted: 111

Voting closed: Nov 30, 2016 04:54:54 pm

Liverpool 2-0 Sunderland: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 31715 times
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Re: Liverpool 2-0 Sunderland: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #322: Nov 26, 2016 05:03:35 pm
      Can we also a list for Chump of the Match. i.e. the worst player for LFC? That way we would know who is not pulling their weight in the team.

stfu you're talkng sh*t.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #323: Nov 26, 2016 05:03:42 pm
      What did he do? You have got me on tenderhooks now.

After Henderson sent in a ball that went over everyone the whole crowd got restless and started moaning. Jürgen turns around in fury and starts remonstrating them for moaning and then starts waving his arms calling for a rally cry. He got it - the atmosphere from that point was fantastic and fuelled the adrenaline of the players. A leader!
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,160 posts | 261 
      Reply #324: Nov 26, 2016 05:04:11 pm
      Swansea 5-4 Crystal Palace a fun game there.

Hope Chelsea lose to Tottenham tonight.

Unbelievable too many criticise of Emre Can tonight :\
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #325: Nov 26, 2016 05:04:20 pm
      Hard fought win, well deserved! As for Coutinho, I hope it's nothing serious :(

Can't vote Klopp MOTM? Guess I will go for Origi for that much needed goal!! Milner and Can played well too!!
      Just hoping beside the jar to the ankle that it is just a bruised in step
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,759 posts | 259 
      Reply #326: Nov 26, 2016 05:04:38 pm

Calm down mate. We just won. Henderson is my chump. :)
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,759 posts | 259 
      Reply #327: Nov 26, 2016 05:05:06 pm
      After Henderson sent in a ball that went over everyone the whole crowd got restless and started moaning. Jürgen turns around in fury and starts remonstrating them for moaning and then starts waving his arms calling for a rally cry. He got it - the atmosphere from that point was fantastic and fuelled the adrenaline of the players. A leader!

Thanks
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #328: Nov 26, 2016 05:05:36 pm
      Big shout out to Klopp - don't think I've ever seen a manager turn the atmosphere on its head quite in the way he did midway through that second half. We needed that shot and he gave it. I love those highs and the atmosphere proved it.

Played a F***ing blinder.

And he was going to deck Moyes at one point.

Love him.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #329: Nov 26, 2016 05:06:19 pm
      I am going to give credit to the Sunderland players as at least they tried to come forward, not like some teams.

:lmao: F***ing what, mate?
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #330: Nov 26, 2016 05:07:08 pm

He's not - he was a F***ing liability. Terrible performance who isn't nearly on the level required to win the league at the moment.

He has a lot to learn and a lot to prove.
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 630 posts | 61 
      Reply #331: Nov 26, 2016 05:07:32 pm
      Got the win,thats all that matters,a few of our players were off today,and we can play a lot better,but getting wins when you are not at your best,is what wins titles,now time for a few pints.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #332: Nov 26, 2016 05:07:48 pm
      Calm down mate. We just won. Henderson is my chump. :)

Soz man I was rectifying that post but deleted it somehow ;D.
      I was saying I thought you were talking about Emre Can then said I don't think it's a good plan at all.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #333: Nov 26, 2016 05:08:52 pm
      Played a f**king blinder.

And he was going to deck Moyes at one point.

Love him.

Yeah I saw that - and the gimps that surround Klopp thinking they can take him on as well. Loved the wry smile he gave to them just before Origi's goal.

Totally agree. Sunderland's was a gutless performance that was built on hurting our own players than playing the game. F***ing cu*ts.
      Redangel

• 8,361 posts | 1013 
      Reply #334: Nov 26, 2016 05:08:53 pm
      Can we also a list for Chump of the Match. i.e. the worst player for LFC? That way we would know who is not pulling their weight in the team.

Klopp would have your guts for garters with ideas like that, and rightly so!

Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #335: Nov 26, 2016 05:09:19 pm
      Klopp calling Moyes everything under the sun was a highlight. About time that fraud and his sh*t anti-football was called out.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #336: Nov 26, 2016 05:09:25 pm
      He's not - he was a F***ing liability. Terrible performance who isn't nearly on the level required to win the league at the moment.

He has a lot to learn and a lot to prove.

How was Can worse than Firmino today for example?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #337: Nov 26, 2016 05:10:18 pm
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #338: Nov 26, 2016 05:11:22 pm

Hopefully not ligaments either so hope it was just a big whack with some bruising.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Reply #339: Nov 26, 2016 05:11:36 pm
      Relegation fodder and deservedly so, parking the bus is an understatement.
      On a difficult day we stuck at it and were rewarded for the determination, not the most entertaining game of football you will see but the result is all that counts.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Live: Liverpool v Sunderland
      Reply #340: Nov 26, 2016 05:12:30 pm
      Pleased with that.... but F**k me what a game at Swansea too!

Very professional performance in the end, dominant and should have been a few more in truth.

Worried about losing Cou and Bobby hobbling off with Mane on his way to the AFCON soon enough.

Karius: 7.5 Apart from the strange goal kick he was excellent. Love a keeper that is willing to go to feet face first with conviction, bravery is one of the main assets of a top class keeper in my opinion and he showed it in spades there.

Milner: 6.5 Thought he was hitting the first man almost the whole game but he kept putting his body on the line and could have been a few more decisions from a sh*te ref. Cool as you like with the pen.

Lovren: 6.5 Should have scored in the first half, didn't have too much to do in terms of defending.

Matip: 6.5 Can't give players that were basically involved in just passing it to their CB partner any higher a score, almost not involved for most of the game, no fault of his own of course.

Clyne: 6.5 He's a weak link in attack and he's decent in defence on the ground. He is what he is but I believe he's someone we can look to improve on in years to come.

Henderson: 5.5 Thought it was a very poor showing from Hendo, no responsibility taken and that was too much of the Hendo of old for me. Get the game out of your head and get back to how you were a few games ago lad.

Can: 7 Thought in the second half he was a real force for us and kept driving forward, definitely the most likely to break them down from any of our midfielders.

Wijnaldum: 6.5 I'm still not convinced about Gini, he's also a little bit too safe and doesn't take enough risks. He's at his best when he's arriving in the box or running beyond but he doesn't do it enough. I know it's about 'timing' but there's got to be more opportunities in a game like that than just a couple of times.

Cou: Not going to give him a mark, just want him to get better as soon as possible, fingers crossed for you lad!

Mane: 6 Cracking run at the end but without that he'd probably have the lowest score of our players, very poor showing by him on the day but it looked like just one of those where absolutely nothing worked for him. Delighted that he finished the game with that run because after so much frustration it can start to get to you and that should give him the positive mind-set we need because he's going to become even more crucial with Cou out.

Firmino: 7.5 Thought he looked our most threatening forward all the time, linked play the best and won us the ball back on countless occasions. Really hoping he didn't pick up an injury too or we'll be in trouble. Just shaded MotM for me.

Origi: 7 Looked good for most of the game, gave us that presence up top that we needed with all the crosses we were firing in. Big goal he got for us, could be especially valuable that and keeps the pressure on all those around us.

Klopp: 7 Thought he got the team selection right before the game but the more we play the bus parkers the more I think that Moreno might be better starting at LB. Can't argue with Milly being on for the pens though. Was cracking seeing him working the fans, getting the most out of them too and driving the team on. That was a game that had 0-0 written all over it for so long but if you want titles you have win them more times than not and I think that was a big win.

Well in Redmen, we march on!
      Class
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 310 posts | 82 
      Reply #341: Nov 26, 2016 05:13:06 pm
      They gave it more of a go than f*cking United did..

It was still a Rangers in Europe performance though. sh*t football is sh*t football. The only chances they had were from Matip/Karius cocking up and giving away free corners and kicks from Pickford. When your goalkeeper is your most creative player you're sh*te end of.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #342: Nov 26, 2016 05:14:31 pm
      F***ing hell lads, after such a hard fought win we should be celebrating, not arguing over who's the worst player today!!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Reply #343: Nov 26, 2016 05:14:54 pm
      Klopp calling Moyes everything under the sun was a highlight. About time that fraud and his sh*t anti-football was called out.

Was he kicking off or what??
      He'll be getting a knighthood next.
      Redangel

• 8,361 posts | 1013 
      Reply #344: Nov 26, 2016 05:15:30 pm
      We got the win in difficult circumstances, do we have to call individual players out. Let's just be delighted we managed to beat a team who parked the bus, and give a thought to Coutinho, who suffered from their
      brutal tactics and could be out for some time!

Quick Reply