Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v B'mouth?

Loris Karius
      6 (5.8%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      11 (10.7%)
      Lucas Leiva
      3 (2.9%)
      Dejan Lovren
      2 (1.9%)
      James Milner
      20 (19.4%)
      Emre Can
      11 (10.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (2.9%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      5 (4.9%)
      Sadio Mane
      32 (31.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (1%)
      Divock Origi
      9 (8.7%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 100

Voting closed: Dec 08, 2016 03:31:56 pm

AFC Bournemouth 4-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 39348 times
      Class
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 310 posts | 82 
      Re: LIVE: Bournemouth v Liverpool
      Reply #483: Dec 04, 2016 03:40:56 pm
      Look that was f**king awful, we were pretty sh*te all game truth be told but that's football, you win, you lose.... If it was predictable then it wouldn't be what it is

They aren't a good side, they didn't really put us under an amount of pressure that should have led to that, we were laxidaical for the best part and brought it on ourselves and ultimately two keeper errors and that approach at 2-0 and 3-1 cost us

But f**k me look at the bigger picture, look at the strides being made from bar one season in the last 7 where we have finished 6th-8th... we have made giant strides and we have had one bad f**king awful afternoon and some of the posts on here are well you should be ashamed of them.... suck it the f**k up, you can lose games, it's about the response now... we are in this title race when most of us and most of the media never thought we would be, Chelsea are having an unbelievable run currently but that won't last forever, and truth be told they have a more experienced squad than we do

Its a bad day but let's please look at the bigger picture than hang them out to dry, some reactions on here would make you think we were battling relegation not lost our first game since August

Thanks for the speech mate but it's not the fact that we lost. It's the fact that we were 2-0 up against a team which is largely made up of lower league journeymen and we somehow contrived to lose the match. It's unacceptable simple as that. We made a player who was at Ipswich last season look like Messi for fucks sake.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Re: AFC Bournemouth 4-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #484: Dec 04, 2016 03:41:42 pm
      @all: How can one vote for Milner as MOTM? He caused the penalty, totally dumb play by him in my book.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #485: Dec 04, 2016 03:42:00 pm
      Mate it's hard to see the big picture when you lose to a last minute goal and were 3-1 up.

A win next weekend will put this shock behind us, but until then it's going to be a horrible horrible week.

A win next week is a week to late lost three easy points today, piss poor, and Klopp needs to open his eyes and see how poor that keeper is the only thing he did right was when the ball hit him....... got to drop the keeper
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #486: Dec 04, 2016 03:42:15 pm
      Some people like to absolve Achterberg of any blame saying it's not his fault the keepers are sh*te. But even if they are sh*te, he does nothing whatsoever to improve them.

It's the same mistakes time in time out each and every week it seems.

His job is to improve keepers, he doesn't do that and how the fraudster got to that position I have no idea. Staff cutbacks to wages in 2011 might have been a reason for his promotion but in this day, there's no excuse for a non-league a,auteur coach like that on our roster.

That useless arsehole needs shot of quickly.

Firing your gun blind there.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #487: Dec 04, 2016 03:42:35 pm
      @all: How can one vote for Milner as MOTM? He caused the penalty, totally dumb play by him in my book.

I thought Clyne was a far better player than him today.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #488: Dec 04, 2016 03:42:55 pm
      It has been said but I agree. There is no reason to get carried away with this team, we will win games and score lots of goals, but we will never win anything other than a few cups whilst we continue to collapse under the tiniest bit or pressure. What would we pay for carragher or hyppia in the centre of that defence?
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #489: Dec 04, 2016 03:42:58 pm

Well you tell me which keepers have improved upon errors since he became goalkeeping coach?
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #490: Dec 04, 2016 03:43:14 pm
      Have to say, when we needed our captain to pick up the ball and drive it forward, or at least pass it forward, he frustratingly and frequently passed it backward
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #491: Dec 04, 2016 03:43:32 pm
      Lovren was shocking today along with Lucas. Matip was sorely missed and Karius was just pure sh*t.

F***ing bollocks.

Lovren is usually exposed when he doesnt have a better player next to him.

Not sure why we couldnt play an actual defender in there like Klavan for example.

And dont get me started on Emre Cruyff. Dunno who the F**k he is trying to kid with these extremely slow stepovers or dragbacks but he is doing my head in.

Im also pissed off with the captain far too safe and too much of a pussy when things get tough.

Deserved loss in the end.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #492: Dec 04, 2016 03:45:00 pm
      Lovren is usually exposed when he doesnt have a better player next to him.

Not sure why we couldnt play an actual defender in there like Klavan for example.

And dont get me started on Emre Cruyff. Dunno who the f**k he is trying to kid with these extremely slow stepovers or dragbacks but he is doing my head in.

Im also pissed off with the captain far too safe and too much of a pussy when things get tough.

Deserved loss in the end.

Ever since Can came into the first team, we've been slowing down. Just like his own play really. With the kind of sluggish pace and piss poor blunt decision making he does, he's suitable for the SPL, not the Premier League.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #493: Dec 04, 2016 03:45:17 pm
      Have to say, when we needed our captain to pick up the ball and drive it forward, or at least pass it forward, he frustratingly and frequently passed it backward

Didnt even need that from him today, just a bit of protection to the back 4 would have seen us easily take 3 pts.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #494: Dec 04, 2016 03:45:32 pm
      Have to asks a couple of questions here...

Why are we playing Lucas at CB when we have Klavan?...

What the F**k does Gini offer us in midfield ?...

How the F**k do we (LFC) go from 3-1 to 3-4 ?...

Have been saying that we are in a fight for 3rd and 4th spot all season, now I am beginning to wonder if we can manage that...
      Have also said that with this team it is more a fact that I hope that they can score as oppose to believing that they can...

2-0 nil up and we take the foot off the accelerator...Therein lays the difference between LFC and Tottenham,Arsenal,City,Utd, and Chelsea... They never take there foot off the accelerator...This happens way to often in recent Liverpool history since Rafa and under every manager since...

Klopp has to see that this group of players are punching above there weight and some quality players are needed... My fear here is That FSG will believe that we were unlucky in games and that these group of players are world beaters and will fail to pay the "Big Bucks" for real talent when it is available...

The fact that we have been great under Klopp has more to do with the manager and his football philosophy and tactics than it has to do with the players..

Poor,Poor Performance...
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      Reply #495: Dec 04, 2016 03:46:09 pm
      Well you tell me which keepers have improved upon errors since he became goalkeeping coach?

You tell me what backroom staff have been fu**ed off and who has been kept and we'll talk. I've said the same as you in the past but we haven't got a clue how good he is or isn't really, have we?

The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #496: Dec 04, 2016 03:46:23 pm
      MOTM?.... No one
      Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #497: Dec 04, 2016 03:46:25 pm
      Henderson was on his own in midfield today - seriously I cannot understand the criticism of him.

Surely you can expect your keeper to make a save every now and again?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #498: Dec 04, 2016 03:47:36 pm
      Yes, Karius fu**ed up, but the most disturbing thing for me is when we were 1-3 up and we get countered. Where were our leaders on the pitch to manage and set up the team? We should not get countered so easily when we are winning by 2 goals.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #499: Dec 04, 2016 03:47:49 pm
      I am really curious of Klopp's PC....
      Kopite78
      Reply #500: Dec 04, 2016 03:48:05 pm
      Thanks for the speech mate but it's not the fact that we lost. It's the fact that we were 2-0 up against a team which is largely made up of lower league journeymen and we somehow contrived to lose the match. It's unacceptable simple as that. We made a player who was at Ipswich last season look like Messi for fucks sake.

Yeah we lost and that's w*nk, yeah we were sh*te

But the knee jerk bollocks is another thing
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #501: Dec 04, 2016 03:48:10 pm
      Henderson was on his own in midfield today - seriously I cannot understand the criticism of him.

Surely you can expect your keeper to make a save every now and again?

I completely agree. Playing alongside a player as tragic as Can is going to make any player vulnerable. He wasn't helped out in the slightest.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,522 posts | 2874 
      Reply #502: Dec 04, 2016 03:48:11 pm

Was fu**ed the moment he got the yellow. Couldn't make a tackle and Can and Wijnaldum didn't do enough to help him.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #503: Dec 04, 2016 03:48:34 pm
      Time to stay off the forum till we play again.  Not even bothering reading the 2nd half and post match posts.

Enjoy ya fewm and bickering.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #504: Dec 04, 2016 03:48:44 pm

He offers nothing to the team being a captain. Slowing down the game. Offers no encouragement to the players. Always looking for the safety first side and back passes. He's pretty average and simply over-rated. With his occassional wonderful strike and pass, suddenly he becomes world class again.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      Reply #505: Dec 04, 2016 03:49:03 pm
      Ever since Can came into the first team, we've been slowing down. Just like his own play really. With the kind of sluggish pace and piss poor blunt decision making he does, he's suitable for the SPL, not the Premier League.

I agree with this. He's far too erratic for me long term. That's if the way he plays is erratic. Hard to describe but more often than not I'm left thinking that he's a bit of a mad player.

Quick Reply