Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v B'mouth?

Loris Karius
      6 (5.8%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      11 (10.7%)
      Lucas Leiva
      3 (2.9%)
      Dejan Lovren
      2 (1.9%)
      James Milner
      20 (19.4%)
      Emre Can
      11 (10.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (2.9%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      5 (4.9%)
      Sadio Mane
      32 (31.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (1%)
      Divock Origi
      9 (8.7%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 100

Voting closed: Dec 08, 2016 03:31:56 pm

AFC Bournemouth 4-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 39418 times
      Kopite78
      Re: AFC Bournemouth 4-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #575: Dec 04, 2016 04:57:45 pm
      Are you being serious? Have you really never seen a manager change formation to defend a lead?? I guess you don't see a lot of football then, its called smart management. BTW Of course I'm not assuming Klopp tells them all to chill out at half time but something is wrong in what he is saying because far to often the team goes out with a relaxed attitude in the second half, think about it.

A dominate side against Bournemouth? So you're saying for example a Mourinho goes five at the back at 3-1? Or a Wenger? A Fergie?
      Really?
      Maybe with 5 to go at 3-2 but with half hour? Hardly ever lad

Tell you what I'll think of? That he has got us in this position at this stage when hardly anyone thought he would with this squad... We have finished bar one season in the last seven around 6th-8th... And we are challenging on the back of one full transfer window.. I'll look for what's got us there rather than jump in two footed on our first poor result in nearly four months

It's a really sh*te result, I feel gutted but let's not throw the baby out with the bath water
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #576: Dec 04, 2016 05:00:07 pm
      Even hindsight can't make you look smart. The only point I'll give you is Karius but I remember people being awfully happy with  him,when we signed him,on this very forum. The only question that Klavan is the answer to is "name an Estonian who's played in the Premier League" and since when has Jürgen added a third centre half with 26 minutes to go? (which is when we got 3-1 up) What he's done has worked thus far so why would he change it? It's not like he could predict Origi being outjumped by Wilshere or Karius dropping the ball.

Yes but just like Wenger Klopp has an inability to go defensive to secure 3 points, it's cost Arsenal and us a lot of points. Part of winning ugly is sometimes going defensive wo win, it's not pretty but it works, especially against weak opposition.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #577: Dec 04, 2016 05:04:08 pm
      Meh.

Sh*t happens. Great first 20, woeful last 20.

Scapegoats galore drenched in hysteria as is per usual for forum meltdowns.

Let's all just take responsibility for this one shall we?
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,224 posts | 1649 
      Reply #578: Dec 04, 2016 05:07:12 pm
      "name an Estonian who's played in the Premier League"

Mart Poom and you can send the prize to my address mate!
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #579: Dec 04, 2016 05:08:49 pm
      Hopefully this is the kick up the arse we need😡
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #580: Dec 04, 2016 05:14:33 pm
      No Matip
      No Coutinho
      Half fit Firmino
      No Mane before capitulation

It's hard to excuse those injuries when your top four players are missing. But I still think we had enough on the pitch to defend a 3-1 lead toward the end.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #581: Dec 04, 2016 05:21:43 pm
      No Matip
      No Coutinho
      Half fit Firmino

It's hard to excuse those injuries when your top four players are missing. But I still think we had enough on the pitch to defend a 3-1 lead toward the end.

What do you mean no Mane, he scored the first goal, do you mean Lallana? If so then Lallana came on at 3-1 well before we hit self destruct.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #582: Dec 04, 2016 05:23:02 pm
      What do you mean no Mane, he scored the first goal, do you mean Lallana?
      What I mean is, when we were 3-1 up, and Mane went off, at that point we didn't have our top four players on the pitch. Also, I'd forgotten Lallana probably wasn't fully fit either.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #583: Dec 04, 2016 05:25:09 pm
      The only point I'll give you is Karius but I remember people being awfully happy with  him,when we signed him,on this very forum.

To be fair to probably absolutely every Liverpool fan in the world, I would have been happy if we'd signed Neville Southall, as he is now, in the Summer.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      Reply #584: Dec 04, 2016 05:29:13 pm
      Post match presser:

https://youtu.be/fFfV_fNw8zY
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #585: Dec 04, 2016 05:35:35 pm
      what a embarassment of a game this was

for the people that are saying we had injuries. this isnt an excuse.  i hope this game serves as a reminder that we need to buy in the transfer window.  how the fk do we have matip injuried and our next most capable person is lucas?  lucas has never been great at sorting out a defense so when you pair him and lovren together, zero organization in the back

i am also a huge fan of henderson but today he lacked the leadership we needed to right the ship.  for their 3rd goal he was out of position... the team had horrible headless positioning for their last three goals actually.  frustration

lastly im not sold on karius.  not that i think migs is better but i find mig's reflex superior to karius'. hard to teach reflex

today was a game we realy needed three points. we are way too thin in a few areas.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #586: Dec 04, 2016 05:35:52 pm
      Today was a much needed wake up call for the players. If we're serious about challenging for the league, you can't get complacent at any game. When Can scored we should have known they'd be turning the pressure up and should have killed the game off.

I think it was only a matter of time until we had a result like today as we've been on a really good run of games. The timing of it is good as we have an opportunity to refocus on where we've gone wrong and tighten up the mentality before the heavy Christmas period.

Bournemouth done well today. They used their home advantage wisely in the second half and exploited our unusual out of form back line. These things happen in football. Take it on the chin, get up and knock the F**k out of West Ham next week.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #587: Dec 04, 2016 05:36:20 pm
      What I mean is, when we were 3-1 up, and Mane went off, at that point we didn't have our top four players on the pitch. Also, I'd forgotten Lallana probably wasn't fully fit either.

We only had one of our main defenders not playing and the midfield was our usual midfield so I'm a bit confused why they shouldn't be able to defend against a team who up until today had only scored 15 goals all season, with 6 of them coming in one game.
      Klopp could have compensated for the loss of Matip by playing both Klavan and Lucas, especially after it wen 3-1 then 3-2 with Bournemouth clearly in the driving seat.
      As long as the players and Klopp learn from this then no problem but I fear this will happen again and now all teams will see our vulnerability again so unless we go into overdrive and score 5+ goals every match then we are in trouble.
      Gongfarmer
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts | 19 
      Reply #588: Dec 04, 2016 05:37:57 pm
      Disappointing. Decent keeper, different result.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #589: Dec 04, 2016 05:38:53 pm
      We only had one of our main defenders not playing and the midfield was our usual midfield so I'm a bit confused why they shouldn't be able to defend against a team who up until today had only scored 15 goals all season, with 6 of them coming in one game.
      Klopp could have compensated for the loss of Matip by playing both Klavan and Lucas, especially after it wen 3-1 then 3-2 with Bournemouth clearly in the driving seat.
      As long as the players and Klopp learn from this then no problem but I fear this will happen again and now all teams will see our vulnerability again so unless we go into overdrive and score 5+ goals every match then we are in trouble.

when i saw the lineup. i was wondering how bad is ragnar to not be chosen in front of lucas.   

was a surprising choice for me as we needed leadership
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      Reply #590: Dec 04, 2016 05:39:46 pm
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #591: Dec 04, 2016 05:41:35 pm
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #592: Dec 04, 2016 05:41:50 pm
      No Matip
      No Coutinho
      Half fit Firmino

AND NO BALLS
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #593: Dec 04, 2016 05:45:56 pm
      Well that was a fair smack in the bollox , losing a two goal cushion twice is simply not good enough , sometimes sh*t just happens , got to get up and move on .
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,445 posts | 6432 
      Reply #594: Dec 04, 2016 05:52:51 pm
      Seems to be madness to play Lucas at CB ahead of Klavan.
      Kopite78
      Reply #595: Dec 04, 2016 05:58:24 pm
      I tell you what this does feel like a kick in the bollocks because it is, we were comfortable at half time, we all felt it... But watching the goals back it was a bit one of those days, we wouldn't lose that game often out of a hundred at half time 2-0. Their second is fairly luckily because the cross goes behind where it should do when you're anticipating like in most aspects of a live game, then the keeper should save it, the third is a Worldy if you watch it back, how the f**k does HE pull that down from behind him and smash it as he did, he won't do that again.

It's sh*te, I feel sh*te... But let's not overreact.. Klopp has done wonders in my opinion this season with the teams mentality, how often in the last few years have we done what we have today? We let one in and the next seems inevitable.. Well he's stopped a squad full of that for the most part until today.. But maybe in the long term thinking that's not a bad thing, get them in Tuesday morning and bring them back down to earth if they thought they had it sorted and we couldn't lose..

We still have things to learn, Klopp still has things to learn, we all have things to learn everyday of our lives, the time you think you know it all up become arrogant.. And when you become arrogant you become complacent and you become a c**t

Today hurts but is a learning day... Let's learn from it and beat West Ham next week

Seems to be madness to play Lucas at CB ahead of Klavan.

Maybe

But we beat Leicester, Watford, Leeds with him playing CB

Class
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 310 posts | 82 
      Reply #596: Dec 04, 2016 06:06:02 pm
      Yes but just like Wenger Klopp has an inability to go defensive to secure 3 points, it's cost Arsenal and us a lot of points. Part of winning ugly is sometimes going defensive wo win, it's not pretty but it works, especially against weak opposition.

Fair enough mate sometimes you do need to get defensive to see games out. I concede that I just have a few questions. How often do Arsenal lose matches they were 2 goals up in? When was the last time Arsenal ever lost a match they were 2 goals up in (for the second time in the match) with 26 minutes to go against a team 9 places below them in the table? How often does any team with title aspirations add an extra centre half with 26 minutes to go when they're 2 goals up? It doesn't happen. It's not like there's a precedent for this. The closest occurrence like this I can think of is Arsenal drawing after going 4-0 up at Newcastle and even then they were down to 10 men for half the match.

Today was an anomaly, a freak capitulation of a performance. Klopp cannot legislate for his 6'2' centre forward losing out in the air to someone who is 5'8' on his tippy toes. Klopp cannot legislate for his goalkeeper dropping a clanger. Today's performance is not reflective of some greater failing in the manager. The players downed tools today and it's something which should be looked at in the coming days but this insistence that Klopp is responsible because he didn't go Mourinho/Pulis when his team was 2 goals up with 26 minutes to go against a team which is largely cannon fodder is wrong. Simple as that mate.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,932 posts | 977 
      Reply #597: Dec 04, 2016 06:33:38 pm
      Can't say I'm surprised by all the knee jerk pessimism on here.  Seems to be the way of the modern fan....

We've lost for the first time in 3 months.  We probably should have won -- it took a miracle comeback to halt our spectacular form.  sh*t happens.  Even the best teams lose games from time to time. 

Chin up lads.  We still have it all to play for :)

Quick Reply