Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 30th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W2 D1 L1

Pre-Match: Middlesbrough v Liverpool Wednesday 14th Dec, 19:45 GMT

Read 8418 times
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Re: Pre-Match: Middlesbrough v Liverpool Wednesday 14th Dec, 19:45 GMT
      Reply #23: Dec 13, 2016 10:56:27 am
      We need 3 points with bitters game come up , lose these and we be out top 4 in new year
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,548 posts | 1495 
      Reply #24: Dec 13, 2016 01:42:47 pm
      If can't beat these then we are in trouble, their really poor championship team just come up to premier league
      Not so sure mate,boro have got a pretty decent record against us and since the  inception of the premier league they where a bit like Bolton & Birmingham city as they where a bit of a bogey  team,we all remember the game against them in the league cup a few seasons ago & im  not expecting them to roll over,they will give us a game.
      Our record against them is,
      Games won 64
      Games drawn 39
      Games lost 42

JedtheRed
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 58 
      Reply #25: Dec 13, 2016 02:14:45 pm
      KARIUS NEEDS TO BE DROPPED! CLYNE IS USLESS AND HENDARSON IS POOR. WE WILL GET BEAT:

Manninger

TAA   Lucas   Sakho     Moreno

Lucas
           Grujic       Can

Mane       Origi       Lucas

I'm just glad we've got a game so quick after the weekend and we need 3pts by whatever means necessary to silence some of the nonsense that's being posted.

:lmao:
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #26: Dec 13, 2016 02:49:23 pm
      As others have suggested might be an idea to get Bobby and Divock to swap positions and see if Bobby can refind his mojo assuming he is fully fit.

I have a suspicion he has been playing through his injury due to our lack of options hence the missing zip in his game.

Not sure if Lovren will be fully fit so no point in risking him and Klavan looked a lot more assured in that second half than Dejan.
      Plus unlike Dejan as soon as he receives the ball he doesn't look to just tw*t it upfield - really does my head in that.

EPL and esp away from home is not a great away of introducing youngsters so I would stick with Clyne.

Karius
      Clyne
      Matip
      Klavan
      Milner

Hendo
      Gini
      Lallana

Mane
      Origi
      Firmino
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #27: Dec 13, 2016 03:28:16 pm
      KARIUS NEEDS TO BE DROPPED! CLYNE IS USLESS AND HENDARSON IS POOR. WE WILL GET BEAT:

Manninger

TAA   Lucas   Sakho     Moreno

Lucas
           Grujic       Can

Mane       Origi       Lucas

I'm just glad we've got a game so quick after the weekend and we need 3pts by whatever means necessary to silence some of the nonsense that's being posted.

Some of the nonsense being posted? I've just read that team! Gonna be tough for Lucas to play in GM and in the front 3 ;)
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #28: Dec 13, 2016 03:52:06 pm
      Some of the nonsense being posted? I've just read that team! Gonna be tough for Lucas to play in GM and in the front 3 ;)

It was sarcasm mate, to tie in with the nonsense.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #29: Dec 13, 2016 05:08:26 pm
      Despite being on the back of a pair of unhappy results, I expect Klopp to freshen up the team at least a little. It's what he does when we have three matches in 7-8 days.

Looks like Gomez may be in the squad as well. Maybe if we can blow them out he can get a runout at the end. Would be nice for multiple reasons.

rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,315 posts | 1672 
      Reply #30: Dec 13, 2016 07:40:32 pm
      Didnt realise we had such a poor record up there of late. We just need any kind of win just in time for bitters . Would try Firminho in middle for this pace either side of him and get Ojo on bench.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #31: Dec 13, 2016 07:45:25 pm
      Sort of hoping the Bitters will do us a favour and beat the Arse tonight, but also don't want them to build up any confidence before we play them!

Just gotta return to our high tempo 5 yard pass and move strategy to get through Middlesbrough tomorrow. We need more bodies in the box, and a better service from Clyne, as well as hendo and can/ gini from the middle.
      Think Karius needs to step up and shut the doubters up. Another calamity could spell the end of his prem experience for s while.
      Think Lucas in front of back 4 will offer us a bit more strength and stability in defence as well.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #32: Dec 13, 2016 08:17:16 pm
      I think Middlesbrough's have couple best players out injury any less then win, look at bitters their one worse Everton team see in long time
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #33: Dec 13, 2016 10:01:07 pm
      Opportunity to go level on points in 2nd.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #34: Dec 13, 2016 10:08:21 pm
      Going to be a tight one, only 4 other teams have conceded less than them but hardly ever score. We seem to have gone into Christmas spirit mode so not expecting a one sided rout.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #35: Dec 13, 2016 11:07:57 pm
      I remember going up there for one of our games when Benitez was in charge. All the way up to f****** Middlesboro from London and neither team had a shot I don't think. Worst 0-0 you'll ever see, they'll be quite happy if this is another one.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #36: Dec 13, 2016 11:14:52 pm
      I remember going up there for one of our games when Benitez was in charge. All the way up to f****** Middlesboro from London and neither team had a shot I don't think. Worst 0-0 you'll ever see, they'll be quite happy if this is another one.

Last time I went to Anfield was a 1-1 draw vs Boro with a Riise strike. That was 2003!!!
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #37: Dec 13, 2016 11:15:27 pm

Remember the 0-0 against villa in 2006 I believe? away from home, that was bad!

off topic sorry...
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,328 posts | 773 
      Reply #38: Dec 13, 2016 11:23:37 pm
      Badly need a win to get back on track. Gone for 2  1 win for the Reds, in the Prediction League.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #39: Dec 14, 2016 12:48:34 am
      What the heck...a mid-week game?? Might actually get to watch this one. All I can say is we better snag 3 points this time. Need to get back on track.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,516 posts | 3460 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #40: Dec 14, 2016 07:53:39 am

Remember rafa playing skrtel at right back and us getting beat up there.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #41: Dec 14, 2016 09:08:09 am
      Remember rafa playing skrtel at right back and us getting beat up there.

I think that was the game when we altered the make up of our team in order to counter Stewart Downing. 2-0.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #42: Dec 14, 2016 09:19:51 am
      They will no doubt sit deep so we really could do with Clyne and Milner offering a lot more going forward than we have seen the last two games. Esp so Milner as he has been pretty poor at both ends.

I can imagine the uproar on here if Moreno had put in Milners defensive performances over the last couple of games but maybe we have already declared Moreno is sh*t but Milner always gives 100% even if he is caught up field out of position exactly like Moreno!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #43: Dec 14, 2016 09:38:11 am
      I've changed my mind, I think we are going to win this game, it might not be pretty or comfortable though.
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #44: Dec 14, 2016 09:50:15 am
      They will no doubt sit deep so we really could do with Clyne and Milner offering a lot more going forward than we have seen the last two games. Esp so Milner as he has been pretty poor at both ends.

I can imagine the uproar on here if Moreno had put in Milners defensive performances over the last couple of games but maybe we have already declared Moreno is sh*t but Milner always gives 100% even if he is caught up field out of position exactly like Moreno!

These are exactly the sort of games I imagined Moreno playing in this season, once we all realised he was staying.

If they are going to offer nothing going forward then resting Milner and playing Moreno wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, as long as he has been working on the defensive side of things...
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #45: Dec 14, 2016 10:06:56 am
      These are exactly the sort of games I imagined Moreno playing in this season, once we all realised he was staying.

If they are going to offer nothing going forward then resting Milner and playing Moreno wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, as long as he has been working on the defensive side of things...

I think that could work, but why not play Moreno on the left wing ahead of Milner, would certainly give us someone speedy down that flank which would disrupt their defence, whilst we would still be ok defensively ourselves

Quick Reply