Liverpool 0-0 Plymouth Argyle: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 30241 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,214 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Liverpool 0-0 Plymouth Argyle: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #276: Jan 08, 2017 05:00:17 pm

With the squad you've got, the most expensive assembled in the world, with the highest wages paid and the most successful  :tosser: club manager ever you should be playing in every competetion and winning every game to boot.   

Yet in the last ten years Liverpool have still spent more than United in the transfer market   ;)
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #277: Jan 08, 2017 05:00:23 pm
      What we learned

- We're going to miss Mane. Only player in the squad who almost always beats the first man and offer s genuine pace. We need that against the bus-parkers.

- We're short on depth. Many of the players who struggled today sit on the bench on matchday.  But they are not all up to it.

- Moreno shouldn't be a allowed to take a corner ever again. We had 18 in total and Moreno must have floated in the same ball math zero pace on it for 12-13 of them. I know that a few of you rate his attacking play but I'm sorry, he's a hopeless footballer in every way.

- Woodburn looks the best of the youngsters, I thought he was unlucky to come off whilst the ineffective Ojo stayed on the pitch.

- klopp isn't particularly keen to change up his formation. I really felt we could have switched to two up through the middle and played Studge and Origi closer together ie. See if we could get it into Origi's feet and play off him
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,039 posts | 3964 
      Reply #278: Jan 08, 2017 05:01:25 pm
      We were last season remember, we beat you after playing a similar schedule of games every 3 days for 3 months as we also got to the CC final. 

With the squad you've got, the most expensive assembled in the world, with the highest wages paid and the most successful  :tosser: club manager ever you should be playing in every competetion and winning every game to boot. 

I see that's going well for you  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Hahaha cracker mate.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,882 posts | 704 
      Reply #279: Jan 08, 2017 05:03:30 pm
      Quote from Rush
      Really can't take anything away from Plymouth. This was their final, so well done for them for earning a few more quid.

As for us, well, Klopp played a lot of youngsters which is what we probably all wanted and expected.

Expected? Yes. Wanted? No.

I feared today would be a struggle with a reserve side against full strength, highly motivated opposition, which makes a game like this much more competitive than on paper, it should be. This is the Cup Final round for teams like Plymouth, so you play the strongest team, get the game won, then decide who needs rest and who needs experience later on.

Now we have to go down there instead and get the job done. As well as the inconvenience of it all, and the attention, god knows what sort of "pitch" we'll get to play on, and suddenly this banana skin  gets a hell of a lot slippier.

We've been involved in too many of these "fairytales" down the years for my liking, and it's about time someone got a bloody grip of the task at hand. Take the game seriously, get the job done, and consider the "sports science" crap later on. But we havent, and instead yet again we're the story of the FA Cup 3rd Round. That's never good news.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #280: Jan 08, 2017 05:11:18 pm
      Basically because it's the FA Cup Debs. It Carrys  more stature than the League Cup as we both know. It now means another match which the club obviously don't need so defo a mistake there.

But the lads who played today do need games and they'll play the replay so it's all gravy.

If we didn't have a semi final to play in 3 days time we probably would have played a couple more of our senior players from the start today but I'm not sure who seeing as a 3rd of them are injured as it is.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #281: Jan 08, 2017 05:13:23 pm
      Yet in the last ten years Liverpool have still spent more than United in the transfer market   ;)

Don't even go there mate, not in any lsd infused dreamland will you win that argument.  We have databases full of actual figures spent not some make believe twitter sh*te.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,312 posts | 1671 
      Reply #282: Jan 08, 2017 05:15:00 pm
      Although it's a game we could have done without but I would play the youngsters again for the replay.

Youngsters mostly did ok just lacked a bit of killer instinct, maybe if the early Ojo chance had gone in they may have wanted to come out and play.
      Spurs finding it equally difficult against a 6 man back line from Villa.

Only dissapointing bit of the game was the stupid lofted crosses.

Agree about the crosses Can did a few bit like a golfers 9 iron the thing is in the air that long defenders can read it . Same on the air his passes barely get there
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #283: Jan 08, 2017 05:17:07 pm
      Get a grip! We had 28 shots and 18 corners. Can't keep blaming the bus. This was the youngest side in Liverpool history and we are still in the FA cup. This has been a great learning experience for some of our players who don't get much football.

2nd in the league
      Next game is a cup semi
      Still in FA cup
      Mostly fit and ready squad.

What is with the complaining guys?

F**k off. I clearly said we've been done by parking the bus again but then go on to add perspective about the youth of the team. Don't quote me out of context again you little irritant. Here is my post below for all those wondering:

Yet again park the bus has done us. We must be trying to practise this in training? If we are it's having zero impact, it's been an issue for years and I'm seeing very few signs of us being able to crack this problem.

That being said, we do have to consider this team has never played together before, the youngest team ever fielded... Just wish we'd have played with some more urgency.

Also, the fact that we had more shots and corners is worse! It shows we still can't take our chances against a team that parks the bus. How many of those 'chances' were clear cut? Mostly all pop shots.

But again, like I said... Young team but could have been more 'heavy metal' from the start.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #284: Jan 08, 2017 05:18:10 pm
      Not to defend the scum but they are actually in all their competitions although the Prem is probably beyond them unless 5 other teams collapse.

Not good enough, they were winning the league this season mate.  Their manager said so, their fans said so, the pundits all said so and the watchermethingychicketyb oo money/wages table wizbiz gobbledegook said you have to win everything with the squad they've assembled.

Thankfully it's all bollocks and they're just about challenging for............... oh yeah that's it - the Europa League places  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #285: Jan 08, 2017 05:19:19 pm
      Was more fun digging the snow out than watching the game.went with Stewart as motm,Roll on wednesday might get to go to the pub for that one.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,224 posts | 4419 
      Reply #286: Jan 08, 2017 05:21:35 pm
      I see a few votes for Stewart for MOTM.

Was that for his tackle in the second half when Gomez got done because aside from that he was bloody useless when he tried anything more than his lateral 5 yard pass he gave it away and seems to have learnt from the Lucas school of stupid fouls.

Woodburn the only standout for me.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,214 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #287: Jan 08, 2017 05:23:22 pm
      Don't even go there mate, not in any lsd infused dreamland will you win that argument.  We have databases full of actual figures spent not some make believe twitter sh*te.

Read it on Metro. Co.uk You want the link  :D
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #288: Jan 08, 2017 05:27:01 pm
      It shows we still can't take our chances against a team that parks the bus
      Self contradiction in such a short space of text. We had 28 shots! ENOUGH WITH THE BUS it can't be both!
      « Last Edit: Jan 08, 2017 05:37:03 pm by Ribapuru »
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #289: Jan 08, 2017 05:32:25 pm
      Read it on Metro. Co.uk You want the link  :D

Nah it's already been debunked as trash mate.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #290: Jan 08, 2017 05:40:18 pm
      So we played our youngest team ever and had:

77% possession
      28 shots to 4
      18 corners to 0

Sure we didn't create clear cut chances enough but those lads will not be used to coming up against a team so hell bent on denying goal scoring opportunities. What do you need to beat these types of teams, well first of all you need experience and we've just bought our young lads extremely valuble game time against the type of style they will probably encounter when they progress into the first XI.

We're still in the cup having had the opportunity to rest almost all our first XI.

I'd rather congratulate Plymouth who set out their stall and got what they came for, a huge pay day replay and a tale to tell to up and coming Plymouth fans, well done to them.

As for our lads, sure they should be beating them but I'm not going to knock lads that young completely dominating a game and running out of ideas. They needed a touch of experience in there to guide them and unfortunately when Jürgen did bring those on they couldn't change the tide of the match and that for me was more disappointing than watching our young fellas trying to knock down a brick wall.

Looking forward to the replay.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,604 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #291: Jan 08, 2017 05:42:08 pm
      I see a few votes for Stewart for MOTM.

Was that for his tackle in the second half when Gomez got done because aside from that he was bloody useless when he tried anything more than his lateral 5 yard pass he gave it away and seems to have learnt from the Lucas school of stupid fouls.

Woodburn the only standout for me.

Yep, agree regarding Stewart and Woodburn - for someone valued at 10mill or whatever, thought Stewart contributed very little, and while Woodburn wasn't outstanding, he had some good moments and looked our best option to create something.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,604 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #292: Jan 08, 2017 05:44:15 pm

- We're going to miss Mane. Only player in the squad who almost always beats the first man and offer s genuine pace. We need that against the bus-parkers.

- We're short on depth. Many of the players who struggled today sit on the bench on matchday.  But they are not all up to it.

- Woodburn looks the best of the youngsters, I thought he was unlucky to come off whilst the ineffective Ojo stayed on the pitch.

Agree with pretty much all of this mate.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #293: Jan 08, 2017 05:46:53 pm
      So we played our youngest team ever and had:

77% possession
      28 shots to 4
      18 corners to 0

Sure we didn't create clear cut chances enough but those lads will not be used to coming up against a team so hell bent on denying goal scoring opportunities. What do you need to beat these types of teams, well first of all you need experience and we've just bought our young lads extremely valuble game time against the type of style they will probably encounter when they progress into the first XI.

We're still in the cup having had the opportunity to rest almost all our first XI.

I'd rather congratulate Plymouth who set out their stall and got what they came for, a huge pay day replay and a tale to tell to up and coming Plymouth fans, well done to them.

As for our lads, sure they should be beating them but I'm not going to knock lads that young completely dominating a game and running out of ideas. They needed a touch of experience in there to guide them and unfortunately when Jürgen did bring those on they couldn't change the tide of the match and that for me was more disappointing than watching our young fellas trying to knock down a brick wall.

Looking forward to the replay.
      Could not have put it better myself!
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #294: Jan 08, 2017 05:47:02 pm
      Self contradiction in such a short space of text. We had 28 shots! ENOUGH WITH THE BUS it can't be both!

Out of those 28 we only got 4 on target. Jesus F***ing christ, did you even watch the game!
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #295: Jan 08, 2017 05:48:05 pm
      What the f***in hell are you smoking???

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #296: Jan 08, 2017 05:57:37 pm
      Thought the same. They spent way more. They almost went bust at one point when they had 700m debt.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #297: Jan 08, 2017 06:02:28 pm
      Thought the same. They spent way more. They almost went bust at one point when they had 700m debt.

Wouldn't surprise me if we've had more outgoings than them in past 10 years Ferguson wasn't a big spender really last few years. We've obviously had a lot more incomings though
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,214 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #298: Jan 08, 2017 06:05:16 pm

It's a new weed called metro.co.uk  :D

Quick Reply