Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 14th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P15 W6 D4 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man Utd?

Simon Mignolet
      92 (73.6%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (0.8%)
      Dejan Lovren
      14 (11.2%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      1 (0.8%)
      James Milner
      3 (2.4%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      2 (1.6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (2.4%)
      Emre Can
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (0.8%)
      Divock Origi
      2 (1.6%)
      Adam Lallana
      5 (4%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      1 (0.8%)

Total Members Voted: 121

Voting closed: Jan 19, 2017 05:52:24 pm

Manchester United 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 38401 times
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Re: Manchester United 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #782: Jan 16, 2017 09:38:08 am
      Mignolet was clear MOTM and had a stand out performance...the sort De Gea gets praised for every other game.
      We had chances but just couldnt take it. I think it was a very open game and we managed to nullify alot of their creative play hence the desperation to play long balls to Ibra and Fellaini in the second half.
      All things considered, they were on a 15 match winning run, we were under strength and playing away at OT, i think a draw was a very respectable and fair result.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #783: Jan 16, 2017 09:42:11 am
      Oh please, settle down Felicia.

Felicia? Wow you just keep talking more and more crap don't you.

Tell us again how a point away to a rampant Utd team when we were missing half our defence and 2 key attackers was a bad result?
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,786 posts | 892 
      Reply #784: Jan 16, 2017 10:02:20 am

Tell us again how a point away to a rampant Utd team when we were missing half our defence and 2 key attackers was a bad result?

Given that we were comfortably winning the game until the 84th minute.. it was a bad result. It is 2 points lost, and we are massively disappointed that we didn't win that game.

Before the game, a point would have been great, but having played the game, it was a bad result. The points were there for the taking. Have to say again, and the reality is Klopp is not immune to tactical misjudgements, if we had brought Sturridge on around the 80 min mark, I am certain the 3 points would have been ours.

We had a couple of clear chances after that and every time it was Firmino or Gini with the "finish" which was poor. Sturridge would have been a real threat and would have stretched their defence. We had Coutinho on the pitch and running at them, all we needed was our star striker.

So, 2 points lost, and a bad result at the end of the day.
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #785: Jan 16, 2017 10:02:27 am
      Once again I can't pick a MOTM as every player put a huge effort in.
      The fact they had to resort to pumping the ball in the air tells it all.
      Have the same proplem myself.

I wish i could cast a vote for JK as MOTM for he keeps making supporters proud of the most solid and fastest squad in the league.
      « Last Edit: Jan 16, 2017 11:36:52 am by nikos »
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #786: Jan 16, 2017 10:19:32 am
      Getting beyond a joke now with those cu*ts getting an offside goal every week.

Five in seven now this season.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #787: Jan 16, 2017 10:56:11 am

before kick off most here would settle for a point at old toilet but if you can not understand how another offside goal to united and united treating our players like the royal rumble could make it feel sour, then I doubt your intelligence.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,357 posts | 290 
      Reply #788: Jan 16, 2017 11:29:57 am
      I'm disappointed we didn't get the 3 but a draw there isn't a bad result especially with the run they've been on and they had nothing other than lumping balls forward.
      I'm more disappointed how Leicester caved in against Chelsea I really thought they could have held Chelsea at least.
      A lot of football to be played yet.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #789: Jan 16, 2017 11:41:32 am
      Given that we were comfortably winning the game until the 84th minute.. it was a bad result. It is 2 points lost, and we are massively disappointed that we didn't win that game.

Before the game, a point would have been great, but having played the game, it was a bad result. The points were there for the taking. Have to say again, and the reality is Klopp is not immune to tactical misjudgements, if we had brought Sturridge on around the 80 min mark, I am certain the 3 points would have been ours.

We had a couple of clear chances after that and every time it was Firmino or Gini with the "finish" which was poor. Sturridge would have been a real threat and would have stretched their defence. We had Coutinho on the pitch and running at them, all we needed was our star striker.

I have a feeling we were watching different games, "comfortably winning the game" are you kidding?? We had some decent chances but for most of that second half I was shitting myself, they had plenty of good chances to equalise and were pressuring us for large parts of the match, the reason Migs won MOTM is because he saved our arse, in the same way that De Gea did for them. In many respects if we had won we would have nicked the points, which would be great against Manure, but it would still have been unjust.
      At the end of the day a point away to a rapidly improving Manure side is a good result, its just annoying that they equalised so late.

BTW all this talk about Sturridge is bollocks, remind me how good and clinical he was against Plymouth and Southampton?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #790: Jan 16, 2017 11:43:07 am
      before kick off most here would settle for a point at old toilet but if you can not understand how another offside goal to united and united treating our players like the royal rumble could make it feel sour, then I doubt your intelligence.

An insult from you almost feels like a compliment.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,161 posts | 261 
      Reply #791: Jan 16, 2017 11:43:12 am
      Our 2 points robbed by the refs   >:(
      DanMann

• 5,786 posts | 892 
      Reply #792: Jan 16, 2017 11:50:04 am

BTW all this talk about Sturridge is bollocks, remind me how good and clinical he was against Plymouth and Southampton?

He wasn't. But for that matter.. can you remind me which of our other players have been clinical in recent games? Firmino featured against Plymouth and failed to score. For that matter, he's not scored in his past 5 games and has enjoyed 368 minutes on the pitch (almost all 90 minute games).

Sturridge on the other hand has only spent 117 minutes on the pitch since his last goal.

Sturridge > Firmino every time.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,215 posts | 4410 
      Reply #793: Jan 16, 2017 11:57:28 am
      He wasn't. But for that matter.. can you remind me which of our other players have been clinical in recent games? Firmino featured against Plymouth and failed to score. For that matter, he's not scored in his past 5 games and has enjoyed 368 minutes on the pitch (almost all 90 minute games).

Sturridge on the other hand has only spent 117 minutes on the pitch since his last goal.

Don't be ridiculous and pretending you know better than Jürgen.

Stick to FM.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,215 posts | 4410 
      Reply #794: Jan 16, 2017 12:01:06 pm
      What's the world coming to when Howard Webb claims we were robbed by the officials!

https://twitter.com/livecholfc/status/820939399408078848
      DanMann

• 5,786 posts | 892 
      Reply #795: Jan 16, 2017 12:02:57 pm
      Don't be ridiculous and pretending you know better than Jürgen.

Stick to FM.

When you have nothing to bring to the argument.. I guess "follow Jürgen" is always a good fall back..  :laugh:
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,591 posts | 1675 
      • YNWA
      Reply #796: Jan 16, 2017 12:04:54 pm
      Still gutted we didn't get the 3 points but glad those jammy cu*ts didn't get a Fergie time winner.

F***ing Ref cu*ts are a joke, still on the Manc books. Lovren gets a yellow for a tackle where he actually gets the ball first but Rooney allowed to stay on the pitch for that atrocious leg breaking challenge on Millny and Pogba that c**t, chokes and then wrestles Hendo to the ground and gets nothing, also the Bobby pull back on the shirt and to top it off, the offside that led to their goal. Surely these c**t refs need to be made more accountable. It's a billion dollar business and these c**t refs get away with so much sh*t and no reason needs to be given for their sh*t decisions.

How the ref, OR the linesman didn't see frogba haul hendo down, I really dunno.  Or maybe one did, and bottled it.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #797: Jan 16, 2017 12:08:58 pm

I'd be the first to agree that Firmino needs to score more but in terms of pressing and defending from the front there is no contest between Sturridge and Firmino. Both lack goals at the moment but overall Firmino brings far far more to the team.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Reply #798: Jan 16, 2017 12:10:12 pm
      I think the ref was nothing short of F***ing abysmal.

That first image of Pogba head locking and subsequently throwing our captain to the floor was just shy of GBH.

Then, the c**t immediately blew up for a foul on them outside the box!

I was livid and screaming at the box, and it looked as though the ref was trying to make it up to the Munts for the rest of the game after he gave us a penalty.

He had to award the penalty it was intentional and so F***ing obvious, if he hadn't he would be reffing Championship for a good few games.
      He gave them cu*ts the game on a plate subsequently.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,215 posts | 4410 
      Reply #799: Jan 16, 2017 12:16:06 pm
      When you have nothing to bring to the argument.. I guess "follow Jürgen" is always a good fall back..  :laugh:

Well you know buddy I would rather take Jurgens view than someone who thinks Victory Moses is the messiah   ;)

DanMann

• 5,786 posts | 892 
      Reply #800: Jan 16, 2017 12:19:08 pm
      I would too. Although, "Victory" Moses does sound like a Prophet Name...
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,878 posts | 704 
      Reply #801: Jan 16, 2017 12:21:35 pm
      Quote from AussieRed
      What the actual f**k? Pogba got nothing, not even a f**king talking too.

Here's some other examples where they turned a blind eye.

You expect that from a Mourinho team. Why would he change, when the refs don't do their job?

Quote from DanMann

Before the game, a point would have been great, but having played the game, it was a bad result. The points were there for the taking.

A point is a point is a point. If you would have taken it at the start, then you take it at the end. It's our first point there in 3 years ffs, and keeps them well behind us. It could have been more yes, it also could have been worse.

It could be a very valuable point come May.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #802: Jan 16, 2017 12:40:07 pm
      You expect that from a Mourinho team. Why would he change, when the refs don't do their job?

A point is a point is a point. If you would have taken it at the start, then you take it at the end. It's our first point there in 3 years ffs, and keeps them well behind us. It could have been more yes, it also could have been worse.

It could be a very valuable point come May.

That's the point isn't it (no pun intended)? Would you have taken a point, knowing most of the results of the weekend had gone against us and we'd end up losing a place and surrendering the iniative for the title to Chelsea? I wouldn't. In the context of were we find ourselves this season, nothing short of a win was acceptable. Anyone who thinks a point was good enough isn't thinking big enough in their ambitions for our season.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,212 posts | 839 
      Reply #803: Jan 16, 2017 12:59:23 pm
      It's very frustrating when you're leading 1-0 against your old rival and then they end up scoring a late goal courtesy of a bad call from the ref, but, before the game I would have settled for a point.

I think it's a fair result, Manure made it difficult for us to keep possession and kept pumping long ball into the box, which I thought Lovren did well to take care of them. Midfield was ok, they closed down well and didn't allow Pogba to have so much space to do some damage.

I'm just disappointed with the front 3, Origi had a stinker, Firmino closed down well but zero influence until Coutinho came on. I thought Cou gave us more edge with his direct running.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #804: Jan 16, 2017 01:01:54 pm
      Watched the game again this morning, and a couple of things stood out.

It was clear that utd were going to try and overload our right hand side to target TAA.
      Pogba was supposed to "pin" Henderson to stifle our passing.
      Neither tactic really worked.
      TAA altered his position, and got closer to Martial after a couple of dodgy moments in the first 15-20 mins, and Can pushed slightly wider to help him out.
      Pogba kept getting left by Henderson as Can acted as a decoy, plus Pogba isn't very disciplined, so we ended up controlling the middle for the first half.
      Origi and then Coutinho played in the space between Jones and Valencia; if Valencia comes in, that leaves space for Milner, and if Jones comes out, that leaves space for Firmino. It worked very well, and saw us create a good few chances.

The diamond was a change from Klopps usual formation, but again, it worked, and seemed to allow him to tweak positions a bit more easily.
      We had Mignolet to thank for a couple of outstanding saves, but we really should have made De Gea work harder with the chances we created.

Once again, Mourinho set out to stifle rather than create, and it was no surprise he resorted to long ball tactics.

Reasonably happy with the result, but the match itself was a tense affair with players on both sides making plenty of unforced mistakes, so it was short on quality.

Quick Reply