Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W12 D1 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Plymouth?

Loris Karius
      1 (1.5%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      34 (50.7%)
      Joe Gomez
      5 (7.5%)
      Lucas Leiva
      20 (29.9%)
      Alberto Moreno
      1 (1.5%)
      Kevin Stewart
      0 (0%)
      Ovie Ejaria
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      Ben Woodburn
      4 (6%)
      Divock Origi
      1 (1.5%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Harry Wilson
      1 (1.5%)
      Sheyi Ojo
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Voting closed: Jan 22, 2017 09:44:52 pm

Plymouth Argyle 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 26045 times
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,597 posts | 1681 
      • YNWA
      Re: Plymouth Argyle 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #391: Jan 18, 2017 09:59:28 pm

What did he say ?  missed that
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,674 posts | 6968 
      Reply #392: Jan 18, 2017 09:59:44 pm
      Confused as to why you have a problem with Sturridge and Origi but not Coutinho who was likewise rubbish?

Coutinho was also grim although he did at least get an assist.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #393: Jan 18, 2017 10:00:34 pm
      What did he say ?  missed that

Basically said he did a the direct runnink but the ball behind him was always going sideways. No one prepared to slice a ball through the middle.
      Kopite78
      Reply #394: Jan 18, 2017 10:03:47 pm
      We're through, take it for what it is, yes we weren't great but they did what they had to and made it scrappy..

We got through it and that's all that counts

It's a game that will help some of the kids it there who have a future, not many do if we're completely honest but the ones that do will learn a lot from that.
      The ones think who will make it?

Trent, I thought he played really well tonight, his reading of the game was superb on4 or5 occasions, he will gain a lot from that.

Gomez, played well,will learn a lot from battles like that at CB

The one I'm sure won't?
      Stewart, was really poor to be honest, that's a game he should excel in but his reading of the game was off, his rashness in the tackle was poor and when he tried to play it forward it often went to them

The ones I'm mixed about?

Ejaria, I've usually been impressed wth the lad but tonight he didn't do enough to impose himself on the game, I'd like to see him in an 11 surrounded by the rest of the first team, there's something about him but I'm not 100% convinced

Woodburn, he has a lovely touch, he looks at times he can glide with the ball but tonight he dropped so deep, which was probably his role, that he didn't really get involved in the final third, I wonder given the pressures of modern football if he can make it as a top quality goal getter for us.. He doesn't look natural like a Fowler, he doesn't have the pace of an Owen

Ojo and Wilson both looked lively when the came on but thy came on to a stretched game and tired legs... Hard to judge really but pleased for Wilson to get on.

As for the first teamers..
      Lucas did OK, but as much as I don't like saying it he's better off the pitch nowadays than on it.
      Karius, couple of solid saves but still looked weak against the high ball
      Moreno, if he was a dog he'd be put down
      Sturridge, just not working for him, inevitable he will go in the summer I think
      Origi, people forget he's 21, two years younger than Kev Stewart.. Still very raw but it's difficult to say such a raw lad should be grabbing games by the scruff of the neck when the service to him was virtually none existent
      Coutinho, good to get an hour in his legs

We weren't great but still you have to accept that this is their biggest game for God know how long and everyone one of their lads played at 150% whilst ours probably played at 75%...  It's hard to be  too critical of our front line when they simply didnt get any service but look we won, we're through, that's all that counts for me, Swansea Saturday, let's get back to it then

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,218 posts | 4416 
      Reply #395: Jan 18, 2017 10:04:55 pm
      Not a lot too say with the senior players like Moreno, Sturridge and Origi showing themselves up.

It's never pretty in the FA cup against lower league teams but you would expect a bit more from International players.

Trent and Gomez the stand outs for me.

Ojo showing that apart from Mane he is the only other genuine wide player at the club.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #396: Jan 18, 2017 10:04:58 pm
      I am confused, BT sport talking up Sturridge's performance saying how great his movement was, but only showed 3 clips of his poor play (couple of mis control and a wild shot from 30 yards out)
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,218 posts | 4416 
      Reply #397: Jan 18, 2017 10:06:58 pm
      Have we had any Sturridge got no service posts yet?
      Kopite78
      Reply #398: Jan 18, 2017 10:09:56 pm
      I am confused, BT sport talking up Sturridge's performance saying how great his movement was, but only showed 3 clips of his poor play (couple of mis control and a wild shot from 30 yards out)

Because the good movement was off camera, the camera only follows the ball really than an individual player

When you're at the game it's easier to appreciate these things, like they were, but they only have footage of what was on camera and the TV director wants something on screen as they talk. I've said this a lot about what Gini does that can't be seen on camera but at the ground is brilliant
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #399: Jan 18, 2017 10:13:01 pm

Ah but you should have seen him move in for the seat on the bench that was still warm.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #400: Jan 18, 2017 10:15:31 pm
      Because the good movement was off camera, the camera only follows the ball really than an individual player

When you're at the game it's easier to appreciate these things, like they were, but they only have footage of what was on camera and the TV director wants something on screen as they talk. I've said this a lot about what Gini does that can't be seen on camera but at the ground is brilliant

I'm sure they have cameras from other angles that can be shown, and another thing to consider, we were mostly in their half. And besides, I see Firmino make runs in behind, channels and in pockets of space etc and not get picked out, why don't people mention that when he has a "bad" game?
      Kopite78
      Reply #401: Jan 18, 2017 10:23:40 pm
      I'm sure they have cameras from other angles that can be shown, and another thing to consider, we were mostly in their half. And besides, I see Firmino make runs in behind, channels and in pockets of space etc and not get picked out, why don't people mention that when he has a "bad" game?

Don't drag me into that, I'm a massive Firmino fan mate  :D

I doubt they have cameras following his movement though.. And a camera at the other end or an obscure angle wouldnt pick the movement up.
      Not defending him for the sake of it but I've spoke to a mate at the game who said the same thing, he ran channels all game, made good runs but just don't get the service
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #402: Jan 18, 2017 10:26:25 pm
      Well done Lucas .

First goal in seven years  .....   respect !

Onwards onwards .
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,471 posts | 4593 
      Reply #403: Jan 18, 2017 10:29:16 pm
      Well done Lucas .

First goal in seven years  .....   respect !

Onwards onwards .

Pissed myself laughing when Lucas said he scored in training...

Overall I enjoyed the game & the kids did well & was hoping Harry got on the scoresheet..
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,605 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #404: Jan 18, 2017 10:29:55 pm
      We WON, we WON

:clap: :clap: :clap: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #405: Jan 18, 2017 10:30:12 pm
      Thanks for the game genetlemen.  Can't argue with that, I feel that we did not embarass ourselves, and did not have our pants pulled down on national TV. 

Now we need to get out of this bloody league.

One minor observation many of you here felt that the ref favoured us.  On our main forum most of our fans thought he favoured you.  Not saying who is right or wrong, just that this game is so much about opinions and in whose shoes you are standing.

You far from embarrassed yourselves mate. I didn't like a comment by one of the commentators after the game where it was suggested that your lads will be downhearted and Derek Adams will have to do something to pick you up in time to face Cheltenham. That IMO was hugely disrespectful as I'm sure your lads will be very happy with their performance. You played us twice in a week or so and only conceded 1 goal, we've put far more than that away against decent Premier League teams this season.

I'll have my fingers crossed for you mate. Here's hoping you win your game in hand and open up a big gap to 4th place.

When it comes to refs it tends to be that each set of fans thinks the ref favours the other team regardless of which is true. IMO though I did notice on a few occasions where the ref was quick to blow over the slightest touch against one of your players. We also should have had a penalty very early on when Sturridge went down. No doubt there were some things that favoured us though.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,218 posts | 4416 
      Reply #406: Jan 18, 2017 10:36:14 pm
      Thank f**k that's over. At work biting my f**king nails off. Guess I shouldn't bother watching a replay of it?

I would F**k it off mate.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #407: Jan 18, 2017 10:42:09 pm
      Karius - alright again. Decent number 2 to Migs who is gripping on to that Number 1 too tightly at the moment. Kicking needs to get better but as I said, happy with him finding his feet as a back up for now.

TAA - My motm. Positionally very good for the most part and made good interceptions. Will get better and better and we wont have to worry aboout RB for years now with him and Clyne.

Gomez - just okay. Caught out of position a few times but that was probably also down to the knock on effect of being part of a back four with  Lucas and Moreno in it. He will only get better with games you'd imagine.

Lucas - got the goal and although I've seen milk turn quicker I wouldn't dream of letting him go until this squad is strengthened considerably.

Moreno - replace him with Lego and the cover at LB becomes a lot more solid. He's thick as f**k.

Ejaria - always plays the odd nice pass that catches the eye but few and far between. Just ticks over. Not sure what will come of him but he's one of them I don't like to knock as I seen him on a train the other year and want to be able to say in the future "Do you know that f**king Ejaria? Seen him on the train before he was even a thing".

Because I'm a bell.

Stewart - Nobody will tell me he is Liverpool standard. Not even our Jürgen. And I've just heard him speak for the first time and he sounds like Dappy.

F**k that sh*t.

Coutinho - lacklustre. But I know he'll be amazing again very soon. Sometimes I take positives when he is sh*te as I think someone from Barca might only be watching that particular game and go back and say to the Barca transfer committee that he's f**king dog sh*t (in Spanish).

Woodburn - for me, is clearly not ready. His age got him a bye tonight but when you're relying on a kid of that age to help you out of the sh*t as a squad player in the FA Cup you know you need more depth.

Sturridge - got f**k all service to be honest but just like Benteke before him he is a very, very good striker that will be gone in the Summer. He does not and won't ever fit into a Klopp side. If he's not gone by the end of the Summer window I'll walk down Lord Street at Midday on a Saturday afternoon with my bollocks hanging out (again).

Origi - having a tough spell but people forget he was meant to be in competition with Sturridge, Ings and Firmino. Starting a lot more games than he was probably meant to and still very young. Could do with being taken out of the firing line but as it happens we haven't got much else that fits Klopp's style.

Thought Ojo and Wilson done okay when they came on and it seemed to stick up top when they came on.

If I've forgotten anybody it's because I cannot be arsed going back and checking and got pins and needles in my leg after lying down to type this f**ker. Cant even remember what I've wrote.

First and last time I do this ratings thingy :)

EDIT Ironically, I didn't even rate any of them out of 10.
      « Last Edit: Jan 18, 2017 10:55:07 pm by what-a-hit-son »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,674 posts | 6968 
      Reply #408: Jan 18, 2017 10:55:23 pm
      Stewart - Nobody will tell me he is Liverpool standard. Not even our Jürgen. And I've just heard him speak for the first time and he sounds like Dappy.

F**k that sh*t.

Ha ha.

Lucas - got the goal and although I've seen milk turn quicker I wouldn't dream of letting him go until this squad is strengthened considerably.

Agree and would be complete madness to get rid this month.  It's a shame, he knows he's going, we know he's going but he got the winner today and I'd have no problem seeing him come on to 'lift a trophy' with Henderson this season in one of those weird Fowler/Redknapp way.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      Reply #409: Jan 18, 2017 10:57:56 pm
      Ha ha.

Agree and would be complete madness to get rid this month.  It's a shame, he knows he's going, we know he's going but he got the winner today and I'd have no problem seeing him come on to 'lift a trophy' with Henderson this season in one of those weird Fowler/Redknapp way.

Apparently not. Inter deal has fell through according to Tony Barrett.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #410: Jan 18, 2017 11:00:18 pm
      Karius - alright again. Decent number 2 to Migs who is gripping on to that Number 1 too tightly at the moment. Kicking needs to get better but as I said, happy with him finding his feet as a back up for now.

TAA - My motm. Positionally very good for the most part and made good interceptions. Will get better and better and we wont have to worry aboout RB for years now with him and Clyne.

Gomez - just okay. Caught out of position a few times but that was probably also down to the knock on effect of being part of a back four with  Lucas and Moreno in it. He will only get better with games you'd imagine.

Moreno - replace him with Lego and the cover at LB becomes a lot more solid. He's thick as f**k.

Ejaria - always plays the odd nice pass that catches the eye but few and far between. Just ticks over. Not sure what will come of him but he's one of them I don't like to knock as I seen him on a train the other year and want to be able to say in the future "Do you know that f**king Ejaria? Seen him on the train before he was even a thing".

Because I'm a bell.

F**k that sh*t.

Coutinho - lacklustre. But I know he'll be amazing again very soon. Sometimes I take positives when he is sh*te as I think someone from Barca might only be watching that particular game and go back and say to the Barca transfer committee that he's f**king dog sh*t (in Spanish).

Woodburn - for me, is clearly not ready. His age got him a bye tonight but when you're relying on a kid of that age to help you out of the sh*t as a squad player in the FA Cup you know you need more depth.

Sturridge - got f**k all service to be honest but just like Benteke before him he is a very, very good striker that will be gone in the Summer. He does not and won't ever fit into a Klopp side. If he's not gone by the end of the Summer window I'll walk down Lord Street at Midday on a Saturday afternoon with my bollocks hanging out (again).

Origi - having a tough spell but people forget he was meant to be in competition with Sturridge, Ings and Firmino. Starting a lot more games than he was probably meant to and still very young. Could do with being taken out of the firing line but as it happens we haven't got much else that fits Klopp's style.

Thought Ojo and Wilson done okay when they came on and it seemed to stick up top when they came on.

If I've forgotten anybody it's because I cannot be arsed going back and checking and got pins and needles in my leg after lying down to type this f**ker. Cant even remember what I've wrote.

First and last time I do this ratings thingy :)

EDIT Ironically, I didn't even rate any of them out of 10.

Post of the year so far by miles  :lmao: :lmao:.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      Reply #411: Jan 18, 2017 11:07:51 pm
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #412: Jan 18, 2017 11:09:01 pm
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #413: Jan 18, 2017 11:11:14 pm

Piss poor excuse of a human! It's funny when the likes of Neville & Carragher are doing it to each other but there was no need for that from Warnock. The pr**k thinks he's funny when he's not.

Quick Reply