Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Plymouth?

Loris Karius
      1 (1.5%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      34 (50.7%)
      Joe Gomez
      5 (7.5%)
      Lucas Leiva
      20 (29.9%)
      Alberto Moreno
      1 (1.5%)
      Kevin Stewart
      0 (0%)
      Ovie Ejaria
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      Ben Woodburn
      4 (6%)
      Divock Origi
      1 (1.5%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Harry Wilson
      1 (1.5%)
      Sheyi Ojo
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Voting closed: Jan 22, 2017 09:44:52 pm

Plymouth Argyle 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 25840 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: Plymouth Argyle 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #414: Jan 18, 2017 11:11:26 pm
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #415: Jan 18, 2017 11:16:24 pm
      Just noticed that while I was giving it all the 'who the F***ing hell is Alves' I missed Williams on the bench.

So, erm, who the F**k is Williams?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #416: Jan 18, 2017 11:16:41 pm

South Yorkshire Mass Murderer of jokes.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #417: Jan 18, 2017 11:18:31 pm
      Still counting on three trips to Wembley, so pleased with the win. It wasn't pretty but right now I really don't care.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #418: Jan 18, 2017 11:20:43 pm
      South Yorkshire Mass Murderer of jokes.

I can't begin to describe how much I detest him.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #419: Jan 18, 2017 11:23:25 pm
      There was a few mentions in the game thread that Moreno is a converted winger, yet in the first half he had numerous 1v1 opportunities against their full back where he either passed back or inside.
      Not surprised he converted to a full back he has no ability to beat a player.

I know different roles but compare that to the impact that Ojo had when he had his 10 min cameo!
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #420: Jan 18, 2017 11:35:51 pm
      Job done move on now  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:and please BT F**k mcmannaman off please he does my f***in swede in😡
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #421: Jan 18, 2017 11:37:29 pm
      Wilson and Ojo looked good, and I think they sured the game up for us with threatening cameos keeping them at bay.

Wilson was one of the more 'senior' U23s tonight (at just 19 though) and looked fairly senior too, quite tough on the ball, some nice darting runs in behind the defence causing them problems - generally showed an initiative that was lacking throughout the whole game. Ojo did likewise but we've seen this before with Ojo (against Stoke last season), and at only 18, he's also a great prospect to look out for. It was telling that both players have had a bit of on loan first team experience before in similar environments so it can only do the other youngsters a favour.

Ejaria didn't have the greatest game, Woodburn looked very hesitant and a bit nervous, but we can't put too much pressure on his young shoulders. He was however better when he was shifted centre but it showed that both Ejaria and Woodburn haven't been training with the seniors as they generally looked like they were on the wrong wavelength at times and the pace and movement needed to be sharper. But they'll definitely improve.

And as for Trent Alexander Arnold - well, I almost forgot he's a youth player. He's had an excellent week in two completely different but tough away environments and I think we're all looking at him as a staple of the club for years to come. It is amazing that Plymouth sought to expose the weakness of the more experienced Moreno rather than the young kid who was undeterred with everything that was thrown at him (and worryingly, for sure, they did expose Moreno's frailties once again).

All in all, I hope we get to see a bit more of the younger lads this season. I'm confident Klopp and co with their track record on youth can keep them developing nicely. Keep up the progress and we can create a great depth to this squad.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #422: Jan 19, 2017 12:05:37 am
      Crap team performance but some very promising youth players on display.

Bottom line we are through and have Wolves at home next.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6736 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #423: Jan 19, 2017 12:06:03 am

Cheers bud.....I might just watch the first 20 minutes mate. Can't remember the last time I seen Lucas score.  :D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #424: Jan 19, 2017 12:06:52 am
      Cheers bud.....I might just watch the first 20 minutes mate. Can't remember the last time I seen Lucas score.  :D

I had no kids and more hair.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #425: Jan 19, 2017 12:08:46 am

:laugh: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #426: Jan 19, 2017 12:09:42 am
      What a sh*t game. I think that's the first time ever in my life I actually wanted the opposition to score a goal past us. If they had it might have been a better game. I was bored to tears.

It won't be popular me saying this but once again  I was unimpressed with our fringe players/youngsters.

Moreno is finished. He might have won the pen but he was garbage.

Stewart is also finished. Had enough chances now, he's not good enough.

Woodburn and ejaria weren't involved either. Kept it far too simple, they were too cautious. I know it's hard playing against a team who sit two walls behind the ball, but this may well be one of few chances they get in a red shirt, why not carry the ball forward, take someone on, have a shot? Too many sideway passes. I'm not writing either off yet they have hardly featured and are very young, but next time they play they have to do more, take risks, take a gamble.

After he struggled on Sunday, I thought TAA recovered and played very well.

Felt sorry for both Sturridge and origi who had nil service. Perhaps both could have done more to involve themselves but as the pundits rightly picked up on it, we were going sideways for 90 minutes.

It's pretty embarrassing we have played 180 minutes against Plymouth and haven't scored in open play, but look, we're through so just put this one behind us and move on.

A much tougher game on Saturday.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #427: Jan 19, 2017 12:24:41 am
      I think that's the first time ever in my life I actually wanted the opposition to score a goal past us.

Just one? Why not six for a laugh?

It won't be popular me saying this but once again  I was unimpressed with our fringe players/youngsters.

Most people have said similar.

Moreno never really started.

Felt sorry for both Sturridge and origi who had nil service.

They both had opportunities and they both didn't take them so I don't feel sorry for either of them.  Both of them are way down the natural pecking order of a fully available squad.  I've seen their Liverpool futures and it involves domestic cup games.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #428: Jan 19, 2017 12:40:16 am
      They both had opportunities and they both didn't take them so I don't feel sorry for either of them.  Both of them are way down the natural pecking order of a fully available squad.  I've seen their Liverpool futures and it involves domestic cup games.

In fairness to Sturridge, it's very difficult to find your form and rhythm when you're in and out of the first team. Origi has no such excuse though. He's going through a dreadful patch of form right now. The more we play the more Klopp's decision not to pursue a signing in Jan to replace Mane looks like it'll cost us the season. Something needs to be done, be it a new signing or a new formation that gets the most out of a Sturridge and Origi partnership.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #429: Jan 19, 2017 01:12:52 am
      Just one? Why not six for a laugh?

Most people have said similar.

Moreno never really started.

Yeah just one would have been nice. The game was sh*te, we were sh*te, playing at a painful slow pace and maybe if they had scored we would have booked our ideas up.

Well I said the same thing after the game at anfield and I'm surprised I didn't get shot after the reaction on here.

Moreno was our first choice left back for a long time.

The front three is mane coutinho firmino yes but Sturridge has proven what he can do, his stats speak for themselves and is the best or most natural finisher we have in our squad.  Origi on the other hand has performed on numerous occasions for us under Jürgen. He might be a little off form right now but it still doesn't change that fact. Point being they are both capable of playing in our XI but they had extremely poor service tonight.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #430: Jan 19, 2017 03:36:07 am
      Fell asleep watching that, woke up to see Origi miss a penalty.

Paint and dry come to mind, but at least we're through.

PS. Academy kids don't make for a Liverpool B team.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #431: Jan 19, 2017 06:43:38 am
      Just noticed that while I was giving it all the 'who the f**king hell is Alves' I missed Williams on the bench.

So, erm, who the f**k is Williams?

Just another shout for my 'who the F**k is Williams shout'.

?
      Kopite78
      Reply #432: Jan 19, 2017 06:57:10 am
      Just another shout for my 'who the f**k is Williams shout'.

?

It will be Jordan Williams, cm. Came on against Middlesbrough before in that cup game that went to about 43-42 pens

Midfielder, quite tall... been out on a couple of loans but hals suffered an injury or two since then
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #433: Jan 19, 2017 07:31:21 am
      It will be Jordan Williams, cm. Came on against Middlesbrough before in that cup game that went to about 43-42 pens

Midfielder, quite tall... been out on a couple of loans but hals suffered an injury or two since then

Ohhhh him......
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #434: Jan 19, 2017 08:15:22 am

And Ben Woodburn was in Junior school.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,339 posts | 1011 
      Reply #435: Jan 19, 2017 09:18:25 am
      Our internet was down last night and I was so fed up that I couldn't watch it. After reading all the comments, perhaps it was just as well! I did try listening to radio commentary, but it was more like Women's Hour, they talked about everything but the game, understandable now as it seems there wasn't much to talk about.
      At least we're through.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #436: Jan 19, 2017 10:26:42 am
      Our internet was down last night and I was so fed up that I couldn't watch it. After reading all the comments, perhaps it was just as well! I did try listening to radio commentary, but it was more like Women's Hour, they talked about everything but the game, understandable now as it seems there wasn't much to talk about.
      At least we're through.

It was more or less identical to the game at Anfield. We had all of the ball but didn't do anything with it. Five yard passes going sideways for 90 minutes. It was a terrible game in truth.  I thought that once we scored, Plymouth might have come out a little bit more and made a game of it. At the end of the day, they may as well get beat 10-0 than 1-0 in a cup game. They didn't though, they kept to their 'sit men behind the ball' game plan. We struggled to break them down as a result and looked out of ideas in the final third. Sturridge and Origi weren't involved because the midfield wouldn't make a forward pass - Stewart and Ejaria were terrible in my opinion. Our goal came from a corner which summed our attacking play up really.

Quick Reply