Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Leicester 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 29829 times
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 996 posts | 69 
      Re: Leicester 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #621: Feb 27, 2017 10:13:34 pm
      I know people will say "top four gone" but can we honestly say that this team will do our club justice in the champions league.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #622: Feb 27, 2017 10:14:27 pm
      Costa. Aguero. Kane. Sanchez. Ibrahimovich.
      Now look at us.
      There's a reason we can't beat mid-table or bottom teams.

I did that one last week .

I did the other top 6 goalies as well.

ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #623: Feb 27, 2017 10:15:04 pm
      According to klopp in the pre match presser he's still not fully recovered from his viral infection mate,I think half  the players have caught it judging by that cack tonight.

Is it F***ing AIDS he has? How long does it take to get over a virus?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #624: Feb 27, 2017 10:15:48 pm
      He is injured? Sturridge? surely not!

:lmao:

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #625: Feb 27, 2017 10:16:17 pm
      We need to start questioning Klopp and no I'm not saying get rid of him by any means but we've made no improvement since Brendan was sacked, he consistently picks the same team, the same formations which just don't work. For a world class manager like Klopp you'd think he would have strengthened in January and the thing that winds me up the most is his loyalty to out of form players. How can he justify selling Joe Allen and keeping sh*te like Lucas? what does Lucas bring to the table!? Why does he continue to play Lucas at CB when Klavan is on the bench? why doesn't he even give Can a go at CB because it's clearly not working for him in midfield? why is Klopp so stubborn when it comes to team selections? no idea where we go from here I'm not confident we'll get top 6 this season let alone top 4.

Certainly question him for starting Lucas ahead of Klavan. But then again given Lucas's performance in this fixture at the start of the season I can see why he gave the Brazilian the nod. But an equally strong argument would be to say this is away as opposed to home.

The worst thing is that even with Hendo injured there was probably still no excuse in starting Emre Can. No one can convince me that playing Milner there (while Moreno fills in at left back) or even putting Kevin Stewart there would have been a worse option. Can has probably put in the worst string of performances by a single player I can ever remember in the last 15 years or so. A complete insult.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #626: Feb 27, 2017 10:16:35 pm
      Surely Klopp's getting the message that these lot are utterly spineless and no matter how much belief he tries to inject they'll always let him/us down?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #627: Feb 27, 2017 10:16:50 pm
      I never do a player-by-player review of a game but that sh*t me off no end, i'm sparing nobody.

Mignolet- ironically our best F***ing player on the pitch. Saved 3 before they even got their first.

Clyne - TAA is better than him already. No, i'm not being reactive. I've said it for months now. He can't dribble, can't pass, and if he was any better than the F***ing sh*te he is he'd have 20 assists every season but he can't play a cross or through ball to save his life even with the acres of space he gets every game.

Matip - weak. The amount of air swinging at everything in the box was comical.

Lucas - should never have played that. They had Vardy on him like a rash and he got torn apart.

Milner - experiment was over months ago. His one asset in his crossing hasn't found a Red shirt since...I honestly don't know. Can't tackle, can't muscle an attacker off and can't sprint to keep up.

Emre Can - When he actually had the ball he wasn't bad. That's where the positives end.

Wijnaldum - As long as he is a Liverpool FC midfielder, we won't win anything. Soft sh*te.

Lallana - 110,000 reasons not to give an arse today.

Coutinho - he either shoots from everywhere on the pitch, or tries to dribble past everyone when he should shoot.

Mane - Would've taken him off after 30 minutes. Didn't press, didn't make runs consistently, and his dribbling/touch were F***ing awful.

Firmino - tried his arse off but nothing worked.

What happened to our pressing? Our interchanging front three? We're so static, so slow and so predictable.

A worrying lack of application and respect from a squad who have been pampered and given way too many chances. Grow a set and play like you want to make this club a force or F**k off. These are the games you earn your bread and for too long now we've seen them serve up F***ing sh*te.

Don't give a F**k about their reputation, their personality, their charisma or their words. Perform on the pitch or F**k off.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #628: Feb 27, 2017 10:17:08 pm
      No idea but I was calling for him to be brought on at half time. ;D

Forgot he was injured.

Injured or not, he still couldn't have been any worse than Firmino
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #629: Feb 27, 2017 10:18:34 pm
      It's as if we'd never seen that c**t Vardy play before.

Played right into his hands.
      Redangel

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #630: Feb 27, 2017 10:19:57 pm
      I know people will say "top four gone" but can we honestly say that this team will do our club justice in the champions league.

Well you never know, our owners may just wake up and smell the coffee and actually fund the signing of some World Class players! Champions League would help us attract top players!
      Now, I know I'm probably deluded, but right now I need something to cling onto because I haven't the stomach for another season like the last few!
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #631: Feb 27, 2017 10:21:34 pm
      CL is gone. This team will be lucky to make the Euro League, I can even see us going downhill to 7-10. Don't know what it is...can't be our quality since we have enough to handle Leicester.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #632: Feb 27, 2017 10:22:55 pm
      I love the lad as he has a huge future but Woodburn coming on as our sub!

F**k off you carpet baggers and let someone else who wants this club to win something takeover.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,433 posts | 6423 
      Reply #633: Feb 27, 2017 10:24:43 pm
      I've got to stop watching CL matches....you watch a team like Bayern, then we finally play and you see the shower that we are and it just makes it even worse.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #634: Feb 27, 2017 10:26:18 pm
      FSG can take some blame before and after games but during the game it's on Klopp and not making changes until 65/70 mins when we are 3 down is inexcusable.  He was as poor as the eleven players out there tonight. Stubborn as always, no plan b as usual. sh*te.
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #635: Feb 27, 2017 10:28:37 pm
      I love the lad as he has a huge future but Woodburn coming on as our sub!
      I thought exactly the same mate😔No depth whatsoever
      F**k off you carpet baggers and let someone else who wants this club to win something takeover.

rossyred

• 9,316 posts | 1672 
      Reply #636: Feb 27, 2017 10:30:00 pm
      This is what I don't get from folk - a few weeks ago, Klaven is a steaming pile of sh*te, the next people are clamouring for the legend Lucas in defence.

The hypocrisy is astounding. Just face it - our squad isn't good enough and that is down to FSG.

Clamouring for Lucas when the Fxxk have I clamoured for Lucas dont rate either tbh but sure as red is red I would rather have a Cb in a Cb role
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #637: Feb 27, 2017 10:32:14 pm
      Lucas here next season or F**k donkey can I give up both are sh*t
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,132 posts | 127 
      Reply #638: Feb 27, 2017 10:35:59 pm
      From loving this man, hes turning out to be a knob. he thinks he is doing this right like BR.  I dont understand why this is happening, maybe my faith was too great, but I should be used to it these days  ,but I cant understand why the players cant step up to the mark,  I can understand 1or 2 players  having a 'bad' day, but the whole team ?.  Wrong team. Wrong tactics, They've had 2 weeks off and knew what was in front of them, but it looked like you were training.  How dare you treat this club like that
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #639: Feb 27, 2017 10:40:52 pm
      Just feeling l think kloop will walk away maybe unrest in club
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #640: Feb 27, 2017 10:46:44 pm
      This club is on a downward spiral. Only need Coutinho to get fed up and leave and we're done.

The squad is thread bare and that defensive line up is an embarrassment for a club of our stature.

We need new owners, new scouts, new players. Manager and fans can stay, they're alright.

To everyone who complained in the Rafa days hope you're F***ing happy with 0 trophies in however many years.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #641: Feb 27, 2017 10:47:56 pm
      Am I the only one starting to have some serious doubts about Klopp, that was a shocking display from the players yes but whose job is it to motivate and organise the players?
      BTW Klopp can F**k off with talk of a winter break if that is the kind of game we can expect first match afterwards.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,433 posts | 6423 
      Reply #642: Feb 27, 2017 10:50:04 pm
      Am I the only one starting to have some serious doubts about Klopp,

I hope so but I fear not.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #643: Feb 27, 2017 11:02:19 pm
      -3. That's our goal difference this calendar year.
      1.3. That's our goals conceded ratio this season so far. It's also the goals conceded ratio for the last four years leading to 50ish conceded each year.
      6. That's the number of goals we've scored. That's in two months. We scored more than that in September alone.
      9. That's how many we've conceded. It's also the position on the pitch we're most lacking.
      1. That's how many games we've won this calendar year. It's also the number of players we needed to stand on Vardy tonight and prevent an embarrassment.

We're predictably one dimensional under Klopp at the moment. He has too much faith in the wrong players, too much faith in a system that doesn't work against the bottom clubs and far too late with his substitutions. Why was 3-0 a more urgent need for a striker than 2-0? We can talk about the lack of energy from players tonight, we can talk about how they looked like they were moving in slow motion compared to Leicester, we can talk about the last minute injury to Henderson but the biggest embarrassment of the night is that a caretaker manager in his first ever game in charge tactically out thought our world class manager with the most basic tactic imaginable: the long ball. Klopp has got to do better.

Quick Reply