Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Leicester 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 29483 times
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,326 posts | 773 
      Re: Leicester 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #644: Feb 27, 2017 11:04:26 pm
      Truly awful performance, what the f**k has gone wrong, since the turn of the year !!
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,284 posts | 934 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #645: Feb 27, 2017 11:06:12 pm
      Utter sh*t from start to finish no one tried tonight and that I can not forgive and as for Klop he got the tactics so wrong and never changed. How many times against weaker opponents will this happen.  He must adapt or we will fail
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,326 posts | 773 
      Reply #646: Feb 27, 2017 11:11:05 pm
      Do not think Leicester will have, an easier game, the remaining of the season, that is how bad we performed.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,797 posts | 892 
      Reply #647: Feb 27, 2017 11:20:48 pm
      Truly awful performance, what the f**k has gone wrong, since the turn of the year !!

Click on my user name, and select my posts. Have a read.

Not me alone. Several of us have been pointing out the problems for weeks on end but we are the minority and we have been ignored. It's all simple really.
      rossyred

• 9,313 posts | 1671 
      Reply #648: Feb 27, 2017 11:21:56 pm
      How many times did someone have a go at one of their full backs ? No all we get is Milner and Clyne hitting woeful balls that if they do beat first man they are usually ballooned so high they are food and drink . If we do not get at least one winger we will be same again .
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #649: Feb 27, 2017 11:35:35 pm
      Lack of game time is making us look well off the pace..

More games we play more competitive we become....

I'm suprised we ain't playing lucrative friendly games between PL games...nice little earner that.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #650: Feb 27, 2017 11:36:38 pm
      Lack of game time, too many games.

:lmao:

Maybe we should play ping pong or sumfing, this football stuff is too hard.
      grooveshark
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts | 129 
      Reply #651: Feb 27, 2017 11:50:40 pm
      Lack of game time is making us look well off the pace..

More games we play more competitive we become....

I'm suprised we ain't playing lucrative friendly games between PL games...nice little earner that.
      What about Chelsea?

The problem with Klopp even when he was in the Bundesliga was he had one way of doing things, and when that was not working he had nothing to change a game.

Teams have known for some time, and there have even been a player from an opposing team who came out and said that the objective was to pack the center and force Liverpool wide. It works because there is no aerial threat. On one side you have Clyne who rarely puts a good cross in, and on the other you have Milner who likes to cut inside thereby killing any of stretching an opponent.

And then you have that midfield, a midfield built to press and create off pressure but rarely nothing else.

More games would be nice, but what purpose would they serve for the first team if Klopp plays the kids in the cups?
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #652: Feb 27, 2017 11:52:17 pm
      I'm not sure we can use "lack of game time" as an excuse, it's kind of our fault isn't it? I mean, we'd have had a game a day earlier than this one (in the EFL Cup final against the Mancs) had we not got beat HOME and AWAY by Southampton in the semi finals. AND, we'd have played Chelsea at Home in the fifth round of the FA Cup last Saturday if we hadn't got beat AT HOME by Wolves.

I back managers, but seriously looking at some of you the change between how you view Jurgens efforts and how you reacted when Rodgers lost games is utterly staggering. This run is far far worse than anything I can remember under ANY Liverpool manager, even Hodgson. I'm personally very happy that people are sticking with Jürgen, although I must confess I do find their loyalty now very intriguing. 
      georgemj1994
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #653: Feb 27, 2017 11:54:37 pm
      I know people will say "top four gone" but can we honestly say that this team will do our club justice in the champions league.

They would disgrace our club further, i might get slated for this but the only players i would honestly keep are Milner, Mane, Clyne, Karius, Gini and the academy boys the rest can leave they aren't good enough or consistent enough.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #654: Feb 27, 2017 11:55:16 pm
      What about Chelsea?

The problem with Klopp even when he was in the Bundesliga was he had one way of doing things, and when that was not working he had nothing to change a game.

Teams have known for some time, and there have even been a player from an opposing team who came out and said that the objective was to pack the center and force Liverpool wide. It works because there is no aerial threat. On one side you have Clyne who rarely puts a good cross in, and on the other you have Milner who likes to cut inside thereby killing any of stretching an opponent.

And then you have that midfield, a midfield built to press and create off pressure but rarely nothing else.

More games would be nice, but what purpose would they serve for the first team if Klopp plays the kids in the cups?

Chelsea have depth in quality players & replacements which makes them
      Competitive...We on the other had have difficulty stringing our strongest 11..

We have lack of competition in the squad, we can't rotate unless it's the academy boys...
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #655: Feb 27, 2017 11:56:27 pm
      I'm not sure we can use "lack of game time" as an excuse, it's kind of our fault isn't it? I mean, we'd have had a game a day earlier than this one (in the EFL Cup final against the Mancs) had we not got beat HOME and AWAY by Southampton in the semi finals. AND, we'd have played Chelsea at Home in the fifth round of the FA Cup last Saturday if we hadn't got beat AT HOME by Wolves.

I back managers, but seriously looking at some of you the change between how you view Jurgens efforts and how you reacted when Rodgers lost games is utterly staggering. This run is far far worse than anything I can remember under ANY Liverpool manager, even Hodgson. I'm personally very happy that people are sticking with Jürgen, although I must confess I do find their loyalty now very intriguing. 

I must admit that although not calling for the managers head, I'm certainly wondering WTF is going on. Earlier in the season, this lot would run through brick walls for Jürgen and the team. Now look like they can't be arsed.

Yes we might need more quality, but that has nothing to do with effort.

Breeze
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #656: Feb 28, 2017 12:10:21 am
      I am fed up with Klopp. I thought he would bring German innovation to the team but there are so many obvious flaws in our team. Lack of height and strength at the back. Milner at left back is a waste. No steel and flair in the midfield and some overrated players in the team. Klopp has favourites and is too close to these players. Honeymoon period is long gone. If no top 4 , then Barca can have him. Honestly the manager is to blame. Too one dimensional and no depth in the squad.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #657: Feb 28, 2017 12:14:52 am
      I am fed up with Klopp. I thought he would bring German innovation to the team but there are so many obvious flaws in our team. Lack of height and strength at the back. Milner at left back is a waste. No steel and flair in the midfield and some overrated players in the team. Klopp has favourites and is too close to these players. Honeymoon period is long gone. If no top 4 , then Barca can have him. Honestly the manager is to blame. Too one dimensional and no depth in the squad.

Where have you been all this while? 'Bout F***ing time you made an appearance - we've been worried sick!
      grooveshark
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts | 129 
      Reply #658: Feb 28, 2017 12:20:51 am
      Chelsea have depth in quality players & replacements which makes them
      Competitive...We on the other had have difficulty stringing our strongest 11..

We have lack of competition in the squad, we can't rotate unless it's the academy boys...
      It is easy to go that route when it suits.

Courtois, Luiz, Cahill, Azpilicueta, Matic, Kante, Moses, Alonso, Hazard, Pedro, Costa. That is their starting lineup. Outside of that, Willian, Fabregas are the two other key players, and you could throw in Terry.  It really isn't that big a squad, it just doesn't suffer as much in injuries.

Last season, people thought it would be a positive not being in Europe, ewer games and a longer planning period for games was seen as a positive. The top teams plan to play those games, they live for them.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #659: Feb 28, 2017 12:27:11 am

Nice first post, you'll be here a long time with an intro like that.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #660: Feb 28, 2017 01:01:49 am
      All going to plan for FSG - Top 4 they would sh*t their pants with having to open the cheque book.

Pisses me off though because when they do eventually give money to a manager he doesn't want to spend it.

They spend absolute obscene amounts of money with the Red Sox, they basically throw it around like it's nothing yet here their business model is the complete opposite. To say it leaves me puzzled and bemused is an understatement.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #661: Feb 28, 2017 01:06:37 am
      Pisses me off though because when they do eventually give money to a manager he doesn't want to spend it.

They spend absolute obscene amounts of money with the Red Sox, they basically throw it around like it's nothing yet here their business model is the complete opposite. To say it leaves me puzzled and bemused is an understatement.

They have done their sums and the risk to reward ratio of investing at PL winning/CL winning level isn't a risk they are interested in. Similar to further redevelopment of Anfield. They've done their sums and wouldn't make enough £ fast enough by expanding Anfield Rd, allowing more fans to watch their club doesn't begin to factor for these charletons
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,605 posts | 166 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #662: Feb 28, 2017 01:29:14 am
       :mad: :mad: :mad:

Not looking at the Table now.   :-\
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #663: Feb 28, 2017 01:36:01 am
      :mad: :mad: :mad:

Not looking at the Table now.   :-\

I don't know about looking at the table our players  should be hiding under it in SHAME after that performance.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,938 posts | 285 
      Reply #664: Feb 28, 2017 01:43:49 am
      Love how loosing a game is FSGs fault.  The squad had 2 weeks to prep for this game. Juergen has had 3 transfer windows to develop a squad. Leicester won the league with 1. This result is entirely on his shoulders.
      rossyred

• 9,313 posts | 1671 
      Reply #665: Feb 28, 2017 01:45:30 am
      Matip needs a physical CB like Sakho next to him for his size does not command the box for me and although comfortable coming out with the ball as a defender  the Jury still out for me . Cue the meltdown
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #666: Feb 28, 2017 01:56:48 am
      Matip needs a physical CB like Sakho next to him for his size does not command the box for me and although comfortable coming out with the ball as a defender  the Jury still out for me . Cue the meltdown

I agree. He started very well and it was refreshing to see a CB who was calm and composed after having watching the madness of players such as skrtel and lovren in recent years but he has gone off the boil recently, he has been poor.

Quick Reply