Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 14th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P15 W6 D4 L5

Leicester 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 29377 times
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Re: Leicester 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #667: Feb 28, 2017 02:04:21 am
      Our luck sucks doesn't it?

I watched an American crime documentary about a young black lass who on the way home got raped, afterwards while staggering home a man offered to help her, took her home, then raped her again.

I don't mean to demean the unfortunate woman with this comparison, but this is LFC.

Screwed by H&G, and when we think we have a savior, we are screwed again.

I don't, in all honesty enjoy watching us. The start of the season gave me hope, we were playing some good stuff, but true to LFC form, it went back to "business as usual", lose to the lower teams, do ok against the bigger ones.

I don't blame Klopp, in fairness, I never even blamed Rodgers, I blamed our coaching. For years on end our set pieces have been god awful, our awareness in defense has been non existent and our scouting? what is the F***ing point of them? when they do spot a good player, we wont get them anyway as our so called Transfer Committee take the total and utter piss so we lose out on that good player we found.

But this is LFC, and this is what we are used to now, we get a lift, Rodgers leaves as clearly a change is needed due to the above I wrote, and we get Klopp. Hooray! good feelings all around, the players get a lift as a new management team is drafted in, we started playing some decent stuff, in fact we are ripping through teams and the general feeling is "oh, so we can enjoy this game after all with our club!", and then, nope....back to normal, small team comes along, beats us and then we go on the usual run we have done for the last god knows how many years.

There is a fundamental problem here at Liverpool, for me its the coaches, its ok having top facilities, but if we have people not making the most of them then the facilities don't matter, no progress is being made. Our goalkeepers are not improving at all, nor is the defense ahh hell none of the team is improving.

Early in the season we thought maybe they were, nope, they were performing for a new manager to get in the team, he is not so new now so the effort isn't needed, all the players know they can under perform and can pretty much guarantee a spot in the next match.

Here is where we are at, the players know they don't have to give 100% every game, they get the wage regardless, sing one song to the boss, a different song to us. The board want to develop our young players then sell them to a club who is willing to buy them for very good money. And we have a boss who wants to play football but has no clue how to play against clubs who play anti football.

Its a problem we have had for years, and its a problem all LFC supporters are getting sick to the back teeth off.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #668: Feb 28, 2017 03:09:35 am
      just back from the pub,trying to drink to forget but stilll utter F***ing gash should be F***ing ashamed to wear the shirt, the gobshites.just F**k it.
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #669: Feb 28, 2017 03:27:36 am
      Love how loosing a game is FSGs fault.  The squad had 2 weeks to prep for this game. Juergen has had 3 transfer windows to develop a squad. Leicester won the league with 1. This result is entirely on his shoulders.

Loosing? really?

LOSING ASSHOLE!

This pisses me off big time, learn to F***ing spell.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #670: Feb 28, 2017 04:42:12 am
      Loosing? really?

LOSING ASSHOLE!

This pisses me off big time, learn to f**king spell.

It's quite cute how some fans think they know what's going on but can't even spell basic words.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #671: Feb 28, 2017 04:51:57 am
      It's quite cute how some fans think they know what's going on but can't even spell basic words.

You don't have to be a linguist to be a football fan.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #672: Feb 28, 2017 05:18:52 am
      im glad that la manga trip worked so well for our lads.  we couldve lost 7-1 without all that intensive training

get a f***in grip Jürgen.  you get rid of skrtel last summer. get rid of sakho. and we now have matip, klaven and lovren as our only CBs. oh i forgot, lucas.  to anyones eyes this is a recipe for absolute disaster and it frustrates me that we are losing these pathetic games. 

there really was no progression this year imo.  if anything we burned and faded out january

frustrating
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #673: Feb 28, 2017 05:35:23 am
      Does the la manga trip do us any good?This is a football club, damn it. Time spent on shooting practice, tackling, breaking down defence, heading is more fruitful than riding on that 2 wheeler.

Said that sometime back, klopp has to stop all the hugs and kisses and get tough with the playes. Paying them in excess of 100k per week and sh*t performance week after week is totally unacceptable. Hope klopp knows who stays and dont comes end of the season.

As for klopp too many round pegs in square holes. Shanks and Bob would have landed a few sledge hammers on the players.

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,716 posts | 3938 
      Reply #674: Feb 28, 2017 07:01:06 am
      Absolute F***ing disgrace last night. The players should be ashamed of themselves.

I'm sick and tired of these spineless performances and the fans who pay good money to watch in a stadium or on TV deserve better.

I'm F***ing furious.

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #675: Feb 28, 2017 07:13:52 am
      Does the la manga trip do us any good?This is a football club, damn it. Time spent on shooting practice, tackling, breaking down defence, heading is more fruitful than riding on that 2 wheeler.

Said that sometime back, klopp has to stop all the hugs and kisses and get tough with the playes. Paying them in excess of 100k per week and sh*t performance week after week is totally unacceptable. Hope klopp knows who stays and dont comes end of the season.

As for klopp too many round pegs in square holes. Shanks and Bob would have landed a few sledge hammers on the players.

I have got to correct you,some of those players would never have got into Anfield if Shanks and Bob were still running the club.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #676: Feb 28, 2017 07:14:45 am
      Next time we have a F***ing holiday lets go to the rainiest, most miserable place imaginable and train the sh*te out these lads. Plus it won't take as long to go on holiday to Manchester
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #677: Feb 28, 2017 07:21:39 am
      Next time we have a f**king holiday lets go to the rainiest, most miserable place imaginable and train the sh*te out these lads. Plus it won't take as long to go on holiday to Manchester

It will cost less as well,that should please the new C.E.O.
      Tadders

• 6,828 posts | 580 
      Reply #678: Feb 28, 2017 07:51:14 am
      Just think about this;

nobody would deny Leicester have been sh*te all season
      they hadn't scored a goal all year
      lost 5 on the bounce
      hated by the world and their own F***ing fans

we needed 1 thing to happen in the first 10 minutes for them to crumble

we have had 16 days off to prepare, maybe even discuss being hard to beat for a change - getting to 30 minutes 0-0 and - oh know we only know how to play completely F***ing open

their own manager - who admitted before the game he had had no time at all to prepare any tactics for the game - picked a team, or the players did - it didn't matter

we were 2-0 down at half time without a shot on goal

words fail me, but the only target left this season is to finish above Everton.

If we start next season with this team I am done.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #679: Feb 28, 2017 08:27:18 am
      We are either playing 2 games in 72 hours or none in 16 days albeit self inflicted,injuries and a sh*te performance by more than a few puts our season on a knife edge ,IMO Jürgen needs to open his eyes a bit as to what some bring to the party we are shuffling week in week out with a very lightweight squad , full strength sure we got a shot at the title, yet far too many games like yesterday our top 4 finish looks like it's  shot to F**k or is it theres plenty points still to be had before the end of the season,  start with putting a few past Arsenal get us back on track and see where we end up, everyone likes a moan crack on aint gonna change F**k all, Sat 3 pts  simples  move on,

tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,300 posts | 238 
      Reply #680: Feb 28, 2017 08:45:10 am
      Be realistic we don't have good enough team:

- Mig/Karius - never top both of them - average
      - Milner - never top starting LB - for bench only
      - Matip = he can be good - starter
      - Lovren/Lucas - never top starting CB - for bench only - sell Lucas
      - Clyne - never top starting RB  - he is awful going forward totally - he is 2 best choice or sell him
      - Can - never top player - sell him
      - Firmino - for bench only and few starting...
      - Wijnaldum - for bench only
      - Lallana - bench/starter
      - Mane - starter
      - Cou - starter
      - Moreno - sell him
      - Klavan - sell him
      - sturridge - sell him

Our bench is disaster too. Its hard to read, but that is reallity. We need really good good summer if we want consistency or we will have same ups and dows.

We need players like;
      - virgil van dijk
      - radja nainggolan
      - ricardo rodrigez
      - top striker
      - top RB
      - top LB
      - jan oblak quality in goalie

Redangel

• 8,381 posts | 1021 
      Reply #681: Feb 28, 2017 08:50:41 am
      I'm not listening or reading to any media today, I don't need more depression, so what did Jürgen say post match?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,215 posts | 4410 
      Reply #682: Feb 28, 2017 10:02:31 am
      Many of the players are decent players, maybe not world class but they're not leaders. They can do a good job when mixed up with better players in a working unit, but when things go bad, they get scared.
      Just need to look at the way they performed with Gerrard and Suarez.

Yesterday we saw a team with with the skills but without the big attitude like Gini, Lallana, Firmino.

Then on the other side we have players that always try, but lack the ability, like Lucas, Can, Milner.

Need to mix in some players who simply won't accept defeat or indeed let others put in those sort of displays we saw last night.
      I guarantee Souness last night would have ripped into a few of those on the pitch.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Reply #683: Feb 28, 2017 10:12:03 am

Injured/not well mate.
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,300 posts | 238 
      Reply #684: Feb 28, 2017 10:16:05 am
      Sturridge is liability and needs to be sold.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #685: Feb 28, 2017 10:17:33 am
      I should be fuming but it got to the point I expect these results. I was angrier after the Spurs win. How can we play well, beat Spurs and then play such sh*t against worse teams ?
      RedWilly

• 9,202 posts | 1644 
      Reply #686: Feb 28, 2017 10:21:06 am
      Sturridge is liability and needs to be sold.

Yep Danny is the liability and responsible for last nights result despite not being on the pitch...or even in the squad.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Reply #687: Feb 28, 2017 10:21:36 am
      I'm not listening or reading to any media today, I don't need more depression, so what did Jürgen say post match?

Said we had a bad start, bad middle and bad ending, can't argue.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Reply #688: Feb 28, 2017 10:25:29 am
      Yep Danny is the liability and responsible for last nights result despite not being on the pitch...or even in the squad.

The F**k up was so intense we could have had two Sturridge's out and it wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #689: Feb 28, 2017 10:40:40 am
      Well it seems pretty bloody obvious to me. The Bootroom "philosophy" has to come back! Get people in to help who understand the fabric of the club. Souness, Rush, Hansen, Kenny...

They can advise Jürgen how it used to be. Blend the two philosophies together. Just do something to correct the glaring errors and get this club back on its pedestal. The closest we've been to that was under Rafa. Someone who cared about us.

I'm sure Jürgen can be the right man, but he HAS to adapt, or he'll be just another name among those of unsuccessful managers here.

Quick Reply