Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

The Run In - 2016-17

Read 88749 times
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Re: The Run In - 2016-17
      Reply #920: May 13, 2017 07:18:49 pm
      Glen Johnsons performance has been abysmal

Sounds familiar!
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,394 posts | 1025 
      Reply #921: May 13, 2017 07:20:40 pm
      Yeah naturally Arsenal are the better side.

But Stoke have been dog sh*t. They got boo'd at half time. The stadium is virtually empty with ten mins left despite it being their last game and lap of honour and all that sh*te. They'll get boo'd at full time too.

This has been a disgusting performance from them - effort wise, performance wise, whatever wise you want. They've been sh*te.

Sadly this is what happens when you get into the final couple of games still looking to seal that Champions League place. I guarantee Stoke would have played like their lives depended on it had they been playing us. Not paranoid just realistic!

MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #922: May 13, 2017 07:26:15 pm
      Don't deserve it and are ill equipped to compete at that level.
      Time for the finger pointing.

Deserve it or not Stuey, it's within our grasp. Get over the line and we can attract the right kind of players.

Failure isn't an option...

-LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,266 posts | 1230 
      Reply #923: May 13, 2017 07:26:38 pm
      Tomorrow becomes a must win for us now. Given their final two fixtures and the way they are playing, there is no way I can see Arsenal taking anything less than six points from their final two games.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,545 posts | 3473 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #924: May 13, 2017 07:34:03 pm
      Relax folks, when have they ever let us down...
      glennusmc

• 5,837 posts | 477 
      Reply #925: May 13, 2017 07:36:12 pm

Are you actually watching the game?

Stoke are absolutely not laying down.  They've been giving it a right go.

Sorry, I turned off after 2-0

lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,889 posts | 704 
      Reply #926: May 13, 2017 07:37:36 pm
      Quote from althebest1
      We cannot and should never rely on other clubs results, we need to win 2 games. The previous years I was sick to death waiting for another club to f*ck up, well now it's in our hands and the players need to stand up and be counted, there is nowhere to hide.

Nothing has changed today, and we're not looking for favours atm.

We win the two games, we're there. Period.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #927: May 13, 2017 07:41:28 pm
      We win the two games, we're there. Period.

Off topic, I know but are you American? 😕

Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #928: May 13, 2017 07:49:33 pm
      Arsenal breathing down our necks.

Somehow fear that we're going to be punished for making do with this bang average squad.

So many many lightweights here - whether we make the top four or not, there has to be a massive cull this summer. Not good enough.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #929: May 13, 2017 07:51:02 pm
      Deserve it or not Stuey, it's within our grasp. Get over the line and we can attract the right kind of players.

Failure isn't an option...

Fair enough mate, for 8 years however our owner's idea of the ''right kind of players'' or to be more precise their idea of the right price for players has been disastrous, nothing will change overnight.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,628 posts | 1518 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #930: May 13, 2017 07:59:19 pm
      Ffs Stoke, not only get beat, but bend over for them..... we need to win both games, Arsenal are gonna go on their late surge... one slip up and we are done.
      RedWilly

• 9,224 posts | 1648 
      Reply #931: May 13, 2017 08:03:36 pm
      We should never have allowed ourselves to be in this position after the start we made. Absolute joke that it's going to go down to the final day.

Still in our hands. Problem is I have very serious doubts about this teams bottle, it's the same set of players who've bottled crunch games before.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #932: May 13, 2017 08:05:07 pm
      No excuses.
      Play to our strengths, full commitment and attitude all over the park and we will win.
      Anything less and ask yourself if you are at the right club.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #933: May 13, 2017 08:34:56 pm
      If Arse had lost or drawn, maybe our lads go out in a soft frame of mind.
      Now they are in no doubt that they need to go out and win, might be something to that.

But Klopp picks the team, and a lot will depend on the team that he picks.
      If it's cautious (again) that transmits to players, and fans. We'll know when we see the teamsheet.

MASSIVE game tomorrow. It's a real test of these players, and whether they have the mentality and the steel to win when they need to, even when they haven't been playing particularly well. To be able to rise to an occassion.

Looking forward to it, good to have games with stuff riding on them :)
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #934: May 13, 2017 08:36:08 pm
      Last season I tried to warn some here that Spurs look strong, and that if Chelsea stopped the infighting they would be right up there under Jose Mourinho this season and that the best I could see Liverpool finishing was 5th or 6th.... Roll forward to the 2016/17 season Chelsea are Champions, Spurs are runners up... Also said in the six or eight weeks leading up to this point that Arsenal always finishes strong... I still can't see us finishing 4th, because i can't see us coming away with more than a point from the West Ham game .... Think this season we have been like the Hare, and now as we near the finish we are being swamped... Realistically 5th/6th is a good finish for us given our squad and the quality therein... Just hope we can sign quality players over the summer
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #935: May 13, 2017 08:49:28 pm
      Last season I tried to warn some here that Spurs look strong, and that if Chelsea stopped the infighting they would be right up there under Jose Mourinho this season and that the best I could see Liverpool finishing was 5th or 6th.... Roll forward to the 2016/17 season Chelsea are Champions, Spurs are runners up... Also said in the six or eight weeks leading up to this point that Arsenal always finishes strong... I still can't see us finishing 4th, because i can't see us coming away with more than a point from the West Ham game .... Think this season we have been like the Hare, and now as we near the finish we are being swamped... Realistically 5th/6th is a good finish for us given our squad and the quality therein... Just hope we can sign quality players over the summer

How about we stay positive and look to win our final 2 games to guarantee a top 4 finish?
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #936: May 13, 2017 08:57:11 pm

If this happens then serious questions need to be asked of Klopp for his failure to reinforce both in the Summer and in January. Even more serious questions will need to be asked of FSG, questions like "When are you F***ing off and selling to the Chinese?".
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #937: May 13, 2017 08:58:43 pm
      How about we stay positive and look to win our final 2 games to guarantee a top 4 finish?

The fact it takes people trying to keep the atmosphere positive tells you everything about our actual performances and results we have had in the games like the last two.

Teams who can relied upon to routinely win against the bottom half sides don't have fans who panic about not winning!!

The core of this side are bottlers and the same mistakes are being repeated over and over. There is good reason to assume this Liverpool have it well within themselves to throw it all away in two very winnable fixtures.

The fact Arsenal have two of the easiest last home games anyone could up for AND that they've done this year after year tells you its an absolutely necessity we take six points.

This should have been sealed weeks ago, the second half of this season has been sh*t and entirely self-inflicted.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2017 09:04:33 pm by KS67 »
      Harrisimo

• 8,448 posts | 1441 
      Reply #938: May 13, 2017 09:17:07 pm
      This West Ham game is obviously the crucial test. It's more or less our cup final. Klopp has to go for it. Front 6 for me is Can,Lucas,Lallana,Coutinho,Sturridge,Firmino. If fitness allows.

Like him or loath him Sturridge is a far better goal scorer than Origi. But we have shot ourselves in the foot often enough this season so nothing is certain.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #939: May 13, 2017 09:32:07 pm
      West Ham have half of their first team missing no idea why people are bricking it.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #940: May 13, 2017 09:35:56 pm
      The fact it takes people trying to keep the atmosphere positive tells you everything about our actual performances and results we have had in the games like the last two.

Teams who can relied upon to routinely win against the bottom half sides don't have fans who panic about not winning!!

The core of this side are bottlers and the same mistakes are being repeated over and over. There is good reason to assume this Liverpool have it well within themselves to throw it all away in two very winnable fixtures.

The fact Arsenal have two of the easiest last home games anyone could up for AND that they've done this year after year tells you its an absolutely necessity we take six points.

This should have been sealed weeks ago, the second half of this season has been sh*t and entirely self-inflicted.

Look. I know people think he's the messiah but Klopp needs to take as much blame for sticking with a system teams figured out how to counter back in January. His stubborn refusal to make tactical substitutions when they can have an impact is another factor.  There is a lot wrong with our club right now and Klopp needs to take his fair share of the blame for it.
      Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #941: May 13, 2017 09:48:49 pm
      The way we have played since New Year's Eve for me means we have absolutely no bottle whatsoever - every game in the last 6 has been must win - we win a couple and invite all this sh*t onto ourselves. I will be the most surprised man in town if we beat West Ham tomorrow - knowing full well that most other teams would destroy them. Thank F**k noble isn't playing
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #942: May 13, 2017 09:50:52 pm
      If this happens then serious questions need to be asked of Klopp for his failure to reinforce both in the Summer and in January. Even more serious questions will need to be asked of FSG, questions like "When are you F***ing off and selling to the Chinese?".

Could there possibly be a reason that you would welcome the departure of FSG?
      Maybe it is associated with the 8 F***ing trophyless years under their tenure, correction one trophy won by a manager they sacked.

The managers they appointed have come and gone to accommodate their agenda, the success of LFC however does not appear to be an ingredient of the agenda pursued for 8 years.

To apportion blame to Jürgen Klopp for the 8 years of mismanagement in a football context, for that is the only context Klopp is responsible for, is a mistake.

While the scapegoats are readily available honestly working with the club's best interests at heart, FSG will remain.

Quick Reply