Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

The Run In - 2016-17

Read 88729 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: The Run In - 2016-17
      Reply #943: May 13, 2017 10:00:53 pm
      Arsenal breathing down our necks.

Somehow fear that we're going to be punished for making do with this bang average squad.

So many many lightweights here - whether we make the top four or not, there has to be a massive cull this summer. Not good enough.

THIS ...

Agree with every word .

The inherited average squad .

We've had three transfer windows .
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #944: May 13, 2017 10:10:16 pm
      Could there possibly be a reason that you would welcome the departure of FSG?
      Maybe it is associated with the 8 f**king trophyless years under their tenure, correction one trophy won by a manager they sacked.

The managers they appointed have come and gone to accommodate their agenda, the success of LFC however does not appear to be an ingredient of the agenda pursued for 8 years.

To apportion blame to Jürgen Klopp for the 8 years of mismanagement in a football context, for that is the only context Klopp is responsible for, is a mistake.

While the scapegoats are readily available honestly working with the club's best interests at heart, FSG will remain.

What are you on about? I never blamed Klopp for 8 years of mismanagement. I said he should take fair share for this Season's collapse. If we finish outside the top 4 again, for the seventh time in eight years, then FSG's last throw of the dice has come and gone and it's time they sold up. Two separate points.
      paulow63
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 686 posts | 91 
      Reply #945: May 13, 2017 10:19:25 pm
      Blimey,  if we're going to have an inquest let's wait till after the game tomorrow or after the Boro game, although the next 2 games could be the sliding doors moment for the foreseeable future. Successful and we sign Virgil Van Dyke, failure and we get Dick
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,317 posts | 1672 
      Reply #946: May 13, 2017 10:21:51 pm
      Blimey,  if we're going to have an inquest let's wait till after the game tomorrow or after the Boro game, although the next 2 games could be the sliding doors moment for the foreseeable future. Successful and we sign Virgil Van Dyke, failure and we get Dick

Failure and we might sign Dick Van Dyke
      rossyred

• 9,317 posts | 1672 
      Reply #947: May 13, 2017 10:22:49 pm
      Failure and we might sign Dick Van Dyke

Ha ha sorry posted that without reading until the end  :lmao:
      paulow63
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 686 posts | 91 
      Reply #948: May 13, 2017 10:25:30 pm
      You've killed me ah ah
      paulow63
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 686 posts | 91 
      Reply #949: May 13, 2017 10:26:51 pm
      I should have just set you up
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #950: May 13, 2017 10:27:17 pm
      So many many lightweights here - whether we make the top four or not, there has to be a massive cull this summer. Not good enough.
      +1   Quote and Reply

Doubt very much whatever the outcome there will be any kind of massive cull..3-4 will leave and 5-6 will come in.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #951: May 13, 2017 10:49:56 pm
      What are you on about? I never blamed Klopp for 8 years of mismanagement. I said he should take fair share for this Season's collapse. If we finish outside the top 4 again, for the seventh time in eight years, then FSG's last throw of the dice has come and gone and it's time they sold up. Two separate points.

I didn't say you did blame Klopp for 8 years of mismanagement, I did point out that the same scenario has prevailed for 8 years under these owners and Klopp is the latest to bear the burden of enforced economics that dictate he juggle with a squad lacking quality and strength in depth.

The odd injury, international duties and/or a solitary striker suffering a goal drought and we're fu**ed, not too long ago we were flying and a top 4 slot looked guaranteed....until our 8 year malady kicked in - again.

Be F***ing made up if they do change their spots but sure as F**k I won't hold my breath.
      kop1
      • CGS L.F.C
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 90 posts |
      Reply #952: May 13, 2017 10:50:37 pm
      Not feeling good about tomorrow's game,west ham away , we've no passion no goal scorers oh we'll have plenty possession but no cutting edge,my thoughts we get beat quite easily tomorrow or get a boring draw , and then in our last game when there's no pressure we'll hammer Middlesbrough,but it'll be late and full of if only we'd won that one or the other one
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #953: May 13, 2017 10:56:25 pm
      The Arse now level on Goal Difference with us after putting away four today.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #954: May 13, 2017 11:18:05 pm
      If this happens then serious questions need to be asked of Klopp for his failure to reinforce both in the Summer and in January. Even more serious questions will need to be asked of FSG, questions like "When are you f**king off and selling to the Chinese?".

You can slate Klopp all you want by all means, but this squad was built over a period of years.

And in those years it has been presided over by FSG. Remember them and their F***ing moneyball approach, with their smart computer geeks who bought players on the basis of stats and without any intuition with the eye that traditional scouts do?

Yeah, that's really turning out top trumps with the likes of Origi (one of the 'star' moneyball players who was bought on F***ing stats) providing us with a sh*t show after sh*t show every single F***ing week.

Thanks a F***ing bunch FSG and your sh*t show recruitment.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #955: May 13, 2017 11:19:28 pm
      Doubt very much whatever the outcome there will be any kind of massive cull..3-4 will leave and 5-6 will come in.

Of course.

We'll try to build foundations by, erm, selling loads first.

It's always been the FSG way. Sick to F***ing death of them and their tight arsed ways.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #956: May 13, 2017 11:40:56 pm

To FSG and a lot of the current players. This is what you have to live up to.

If you can't meet this standard then don't bother with Liverpool FC.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #957: May 13, 2017 11:45:15 pm
      If they fail to respond to the pressure being put on them by Arsenal then quite frankly you wouldn't want to see this lot in Europe's premier competition. See a lot of talking by Mignolet etc on the club website (again) but less talking and more winning would do nicely.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #958: May 14, 2017 12:00:07 am
      If they fail to respond to the pressure being put on them by Arsenal then quite frankly you wouldn't want to see this lot in Europe's premier competition. See a lot of talking by Mignolet etc on the club website (again) but less talking and more winning would do nicely.

We failed 13/14 season, Semi finals vs Villa,  City final and Europa league final. Time after time, I hear it's our cup final games, blah blah blah, then fail, it just wouldn't surprise me if it happened..... yet again.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #959: May 14, 2017 12:46:29 am
      West Ham have half of their first team missing no idea why people are bricking it.

Yeah, but we've been here before.
      Nerves will be on edge until the last game now.
      Gongfarmer
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts | 19 
      Reply #960: May 14, 2017 12:49:28 am
      Sent our one of our best defenders out on loan, didn't but a genuine left back etc.

It not just the owners who need to take a long hard look. If we do make it into CL, then we are f'ing crawling there. Be live me it won't get any easier when Arsenal and the Mancs strengthen their squads. This would be a chance squandered.
      DanMann

• 5,802 posts | 892 
      Reply #961: May 14, 2017 12:50:41 am
      Right, so the plan that Arsenal would drop points to Southampton or Stoke went really well.

No more gifted chances. We need 6 points in these final two games.

Can someone please get a message to the lads and let them know that we need to beat West Ham? I'm worried that they won't realise it, and continue to stroll around the pitch like they've been doing for the past few weeks.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #962: May 14, 2017 01:20:12 am
      You can slate Klopp all you want by all means, but this squad was built over a period of years.

And in those years it has been presided over by FSG. Remember them and their f**king moneyball approach, with their smart computer geeks who bought players on the basis of stats and without any intuition with the eye that traditional scouts do?

Yeah, that's really turning out top trumps with the likes of Origi (one of the 'star' moneyball players who was bought on f**king stats) providing us with a sh*t show after sh*t show every single f**king week.

Thanks a f**king bunch FSG and your sh*t show recruitment.

Agreed. Let's be honest and put hand to heart. Will FSG brings us the success needed. We know the answer. 7 long years, yes 7 long years and I'm still waiting for FSG to do just that. The more I study into about what happened in the last 7 years it has become all too familiar to me, yes I said to me as it reflects my personal opinion that FSG has never in the first place has the intention of making us a title challenge club. Yes, I am bold enough to say just that because I care for this club that I have been supporting for the last 40 years. Just take a look at what happened in the last 7 years', the pattern is all too familiar as much as we want to deny; the policy of buying players, the amount they spent on players and all that which were deliberated at length here.

Why .. why isn't FSG interested to turn us into a title contender and provide a sustain challenge? They won't, they simply won't.  Sustain challenge means more investment in world class players every year and less money taken back by FSG. But I highly suspect, FSG's greatest fear is "the more we achieve on the field, the fans will crave for more success" and that means more money will have to be invested every year on new players by FSG and i suspect that's not what FSG's is prepared to do in the long run. And if they don't do that there'll be mutiny. Yet, they won't want to see the club got relegated that will hurt their pockets real bad. In the coming years, they will be happy that we are the nearly men but not near enough to win anything as long as they don't have to spend more than what they are prepared to do while their bottom line is very healthy and they will be happy.

I believe little does FSG knows that, year by year  the lack of success on the field means less of new supporters and the club becomes lesser known to new supporters as they could have lost a whole generation of new supporters by now while the old diehards like me is slowly phasing out year after year and this translates to less revenue in the long run. As much as we want to deny, continuous success on the pitch is what that will move the club forward as much as FSG wants to deny. 

I believe, the wake up call will come when they realise that the "revenue is dipping" year by year, it is already dipping as I read somewhere  while we are threatened with relegation. Relegation? Unthinkable? Let's take a look around, clubs that were never at our level in the 70s, 80s and 90s have surely closed the gap on us in the last 10 years.

A very dangerous game by FSG here. I wonder how long more will we have to be where we are now. Something somewhere must start to intervene.

Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #963: May 14, 2017 07:50:15 am
      Well done Arsenal three excellent results on the trot. I could see them beating Man U but not Southampton or Stoke.

We should still get 4th but i'm not as sure as I was last week

Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #964: May 14, 2017 08:14:24 am
      No panic here...i said a few weeks ago that this is exactly how we do things. The Liverpool way aka the hard way.
      Expect a scrappy 1-0 win against West Ham followed by another scrappy win on the final day.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #965: May 14, 2017 08:21:14 am

To FSG and a lot of the current players. This is what you have to live up to.

If you can't meet this standard then don't bother with Liverpool FC.

And that standard should apply to every player we sign,if they cant meet those standards they can sign for the likes of Everton.

Quick Reply