Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Burnley?

Simon Mignolet
      2 (1.8%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      9 (8.3%)
      Joel Matip
      25 (22.9%)
      Emre Can
      21 (19.3%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      34 (31.2%)
      Adam Lallana
      10 (9.2%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      6 (5.5%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Lucas Leiva
      2 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 105

Voting closed: Mar 16, 2017 05:57:08 pm

Liverpool 2-1 Burnley: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 27523 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Liverpool 2-1 Burnley: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #460: Mar 12, 2017 06:04:29 pm

We know he can do that, he tries it often enough.

Fair play to the lad, he needs to improve all across the board however. His problems are mainly what he does in between having the odd pop shot.

Good win for us, got 2 huge ones coming up and that takes the pressure off a little.

Went for Matip MoTM thought he helped us deal with the airial bombardment in that second half. With Clyne, Milner and Klavan he is the only presence in the back line. Even still I just want him to be even more aggressive and commanding back there.

Onwards and upwards, City next.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #461: Mar 12, 2017 06:04:33 pm
      First half awful, second half okay. It's about time we won three points in these games against the likes of Burnley when we don't play well.

At the end of the season those three points today are worth the same as the three we got against Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, the thrashings v Hull etc.

We know we can beat any team when we play well, but you will never go the whole season playing every match at the top of your game so it's important to win when you aren't playing well. We've done that today.

Lots to improve on but three points. Credit to Can, he was crap for 60mins, but he scored a great goal and finished it well.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #462: Mar 12, 2017 06:06:58 pm

Right here.

Why?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,620 posts | 3851 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #463: Mar 12, 2017 06:07:05 pm

Can has deserved some criticism.
      Most of the squad have over the last couple of months.

Thing with Can is he's only 23 and people forget that when he gets singled out.
      He's inconsistent because he's young.

On a separate point I'd be a big fan of us keeping Matip/Klaven together for the rest of the season.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #464: Mar 12, 2017 06:07:30 pm
      Three points that's all that mattered today. Job done 👏👏👏👏
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,129 posts | 127 
      Reply #465: Mar 12, 2017 06:08:05 pm

Sorry, here I am.
      I wanted him to be our next Didi, and when we first got him, I was encouraged, but at the moment,  poor play, poor desisions and just poor generally.  Really disappionted this season, but hes still young, so there's still hope.    I'm banking that theres a player in there somewhere
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #466: Mar 12, 2017 06:10:44 pm
      Some south west Cornish pasty Liverpool fan on 606 right now asserting that Rodgers is better than Klopp.

Must be one of Steve Coogan's characters.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #467: Mar 12, 2017 06:10:47 pm
      Imagine walking out of Anfield, and thinking, £50 well spent.

God I miss the team of 2006-7.

3pts, yes, but that was dire.

Yeah we aren't pretty at times, a lot of bluster, not much to catch the eye. Young Woodburn impressed me, but with Coutinho crumbling under the weight and expectancy of being our supposed 'best player' we are quite brutal on the eye against teams we can't just run in behind.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool v Burnley
      Reply #468: Mar 12, 2017 06:10:49 pm
      Says it all about our performance that the MOTM was awarded to somebody who created a 'talking point' :D.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool v Burnley
      Reply #469: Mar 12, 2017 06:11:48 pm
      And rightly so in my opinion. Far too inconsistent but what I will say is that he never hides or lets his head go down.

Great finish.

Agreed. He comes across as a strong character and if only he was more consistent.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #470: Mar 12, 2017 06:12:00 pm

Right here, and ignoring the goal, he was sh*t, but then so were many of the others that played today.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #471: Mar 12, 2017 06:14:27 pm
      This Cornish pasty/'ooooo arrrrr!' fella now on 606 promising to ring Kelly Cates and Ian Wright back 'when Liverpool finish 6th or lower' at the end of the season. He's actually 'wanting' Liverpool to finish 6th.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #472: Mar 12, 2017 06:15:39 pm
      In all seriousness, if we finish in the top 4, will this be the poorest Liverpool side to finish in the top 4 since 2003-2004 season. That puts a lot of pressure on the likes of Arsenal and Man Utd.

Such a downward revision from earlier on in the season.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #473: Mar 12, 2017 06:17:54 pm
      Klopp - "first ugly game we've won"

Very true and about time!!
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #474: Mar 12, 2017 06:21:36 pm
      Forgetting the performance it was a huge relief to finally get a win against one of these teams and to actually string two wins together for the first time this year was very important. We've got two huge games coming up but bizarrely this was the one that you would expect us to mess up.

Hard to pick out a MOTM but Matip is a good shout. I thought Origi and Mane both worked hard as did Lallana.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #475: Mar 12, 2017 06:22:09 pm
      That poor performance shouldn't hide the fact that this squad needs desperate investment.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #476: Mar 12, 2017 06:25:39 pm
      Forgetting the performance it was a huge relief to finally get a win against one of these teams and to actually string two wins together for the first time this year was very important. We've got two huge games coming up but bizarrely this was the one that you would expect us to mess up.

Hard to pick out a MOTM but Matip is a good shout. I thought Origi and Mane both worked hard as did Lallana.

I picked Lallana for MOTM, because I thought everything good we did either came from him or went through him.
      Was one of the few players with a cool head, and he kept it up all match, unlike Mane, who I thought faded.
      RedWilly

• 9,198 posts | 1642 
      Reply #477: Mar 12, 2017 06:26:00 pm
      That poor performance shouldn't hide the fact that this squad needs desperate investment.

If our transfer committee used this game as a justification for not investing then I think I'll be giving up all together!

The match showed we desperately lack ready made first XI players who can take the piss out of the sh*te the premier league offers like Burnley.

Make no mistake, that lot are F***ing garbage and we made very hard work of them.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #478: Mar 12, 2017 06:27:04 pm
      Three points that's all that mattered today. Job done 👏👏👏👏

If we get 3 points from the rest of the matches this season it will be job well done.So we got 3 points playing ugly,that makes up for the times we played well  and got F all.
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #479: Mar 12, 2017 06:40:50 pm

One here. In the first half he was woeful. Unproved slightly in the second and scored a good goal, but he is not good enough for Liverpool. Simple.

Sorry, should have read "improved" not "unproved" (Bloody spell correction software)
      « Last Edit: Mar 12, 2017 11:59:54 pm by Fourbrick »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,013 posts | 3953 
      Reply #480: Mar 12, 2017 06:47:25 pm
      f***in woeful performance, one of those where it's literally embarrassing, I've seen relegation threatened clubs with better fight, we were the home side yet Burnley, yes f***in Burnley were pushing us back, we looked like bus parkers the last 10 mins,
      Another disappointing show that, no body in red can be proud of that sh*te,
      We got the points but that was just sh*te!!

YNWA

What baffles me is the fact that the manager states he has the money to sort the shiteness out but refuses to do so, there must be a grain of truth in there somewhere 'cos JWH&Co inform us of the very same thing. One or two contributors on this very forum also make the same assertion!?!

Sorry to say 1 and 1 make 3 after another underwhelming performance that says there is a factor not on display, you could say being concealed which would explain the inability/unwillingness to sort the wafer-thin squad out.

Better stop right there before one or two contributors on this very forum start blinding me with finance, economics and business protocol that dictate we watch sh*te week in week out. 
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #481: Mar 12, 2017 06:48:19 pm
      Once again, opposition one shot on target and one goal. Klopp clearly said to the press we have good goalkeepers already and won't be getting Joe Hart. People are going to come on here with some crap about how it was hard to save. I watched it numerous times and each time I thought, a decent goalkeeper would have been faster since it I not rocket Science where it is going to go. I know what Mignolets problem is now... he completely flaps one on one. If he stayed calm, the strikers angle was kind of already decided for him. Next game against Man City at the Ethied... Mignolet has to pick it up. Is there anyway we can have a 2nd poll for the opposite of man of the match. I don't mean woman of the match, I mean the player who was worst. I would like to finally be able to vote Mignolet for something.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,013 posts | 3953 
      Reply #482: Mar 12, 2017 06:55:54 pm
      Once again, opposition one shot on target and one goal. Klopp clearly said to the press we have good goalkeepers already and won't be getting Joe Hart. People are going to come on here with some crap about how it was hard to save. I watched it numerous times and each time I thought, a decent goalkeeper would have been faster since it I not rocket Science where it is going to go. I know what Mignolets problem is now... he completely flaps one on one. If he stayed calm, the strikers angle was kind of already decided for him. Next game against Man City at the Ethied... Mignolet has to pick it up.

Mignolet!?!
      Are you serious?

Barring two three the whole team was F***ing dreadful.
      So you reckon Jürgen just has to worry about buying a cut-price goalie?

You are on the F***ing sauce.

Quick Reply