Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Burnley?

Simon Mignolet
      2 (1.8%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      9 (8.3%)
      Joel Matip
      25 (22.9%)
      Emre Can
      21 (19.3%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      34 (31.2%)
      Adam Lallana
      10 (9.2%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      6 (5.5%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Lucas Leiva
      2 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 105

Voting closed: Mar 16, 2017 05:57:08 pm

Liverpool 2-1 Burnley: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 28271 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Liverpool 2-1 Burnley: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #483: Mar 12, 2017 06:57:13 pm
      Once again, opposition one shot on target and one goal. Klopp clearly said to the press we have good goalkeepers already and won't be getting Joe Hart. People are going to come on here with some crap about how it was hard to save. I watched it numerous times and each time I thought, a decent goalkeeper would have been faster since it I not rocket Science where it is going to go. I know what Mignolets problem is now... he completely flaps one on one. If he stayed calm, the strikers angle was kind of already decided for him. Next game against Man City at the Ethied... Mignolet has to pick it up. Is there anyway we can have a 2nd poll for the opposite of man of the match. I don't mean woman of the match, I mean the player who was worst. I would like to finally be able to vote Mignolet for something.

Ignoring Migs for a second and getting into the more pressing matter, will you now be using Klopp instead Physioroom as the source for injures?
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,627 posts | 2161 
      Reply #484: Mar 12, 2017 06:59:56 pm
      I picked Lallana for MOTM, because I thought everything good we did either came from him or went through him.
      Was one of the few players with a cool head, and he kept it up all match, unlike Mane, who I thought faded.

I thought the same mate, he offered that bit composer and technique where others were taking heavy touches or making wrong decisions
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 547 
      Reply #485: Mar 12, 2017 07:01:40 pm
      Well, we won. F**k knows how, but we won.

It wasn't about failing to unpick a bus parking team today. Burnley came out and competed in midfield, and actually were the better team in midfield. Strange that we couldn't get hold of the ball and keep hold of it, even after we went ahead. Hard to pick a MOTM today. Probably one of the 2 usual suspects - Lallana or Mane.

As well as our tactical issues against the smaller clubs, there is definitely a psychological issue as well. We just don't get as up for the battle. We looked so lacking in movement and energy today. Genuinely hard to work out. Anyway, at least we won. Fully expect us to look like a different team against Citeh.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #486: Mar 12, 2017 07:01:52 pm
      Who will finish in the top four - let's see if Burnley's results help clear things up?

Spurs 2-1 Burnley
      Man City 2-1 Burnley
      Arsenal 2-1 Burnley
      Liverpool 2-1 Burnley

Nope.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #487: Mar 12, 2017 07:02:38 pm
      Mignolet!?!
      Are you serious?

Barring two three the whole team was f**king dreadful.
      So you reckon Jürgen just has to worry about buying a cut-price goalie?

You are on the f**king sauce.
      Not arguing there were other bad players, but Klopp is under pressure to change goalkeeper. He basically said he isn't going to and today is another 1 shot on target and one goal conceded. I think the goalkeeping area is a bigger worry for fans then Klopp he really thinks we have good goalkeepers.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #488: Mar 12, 2017 07:02:50 pm
      Lallana for me too. Matip and Clyne were all over the place for their goal and I thought the big man was shaky all day. Lallana easily MOM for me, followed by Gini.

Bit surprised there's not a slot to vote for Bobby to be honest.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 547 
      Reply #489: Mar 12, 2017 07:04:37 pm
      Not arguing there were other bad players, but Klopp is under pressure to change goalkeeper. He basically said he isn't going to and today is another 1 shot on target and one goal conceded. I think the goalkeeping area is a bigger worry for fans then Klopp he really thinks we have good goalkeepers.

Mignolet was not to blame for the goal. He did F**k all wrong today.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #490: Mar 12, 2017 07:06:57 pm
      Ignoring Migs for a second and getting into the more pressing matter, will you now be using Klopp instead Physioroom as the source for injures?
      Firmino's injury was a knock against Arsenal, he picked up another injury before the game which is a groin strain. He is a doubt for the 19th now. Most likely out until April now. Separate injury you genius.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #491: Mar 12, 2017 07:07:01 pm
      A game poor on quality but three points in the bag , a long ride home awaits haven't made the m6 yet .
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #492: Mar 12, 2017 07:08:48 pm
      Mignolet was not to blame for the goal. He did f**k all wrong today.
      I won't turn this into the Mignolet thread, 0% saves and 100% conceded isn't completely right either. If you can give Mignolet credit for shots off target, then boast away he was outstanding. For your information, Mignolet did do something wrong. He watched the ball as if in slow motion and didn't close a player down that was about one yard away. ANY good keeper would have came off the line. He was 1-2 seconds late running towards the scorer after the first Burnley player didn't make contact, which is a lot of time in that situation.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #493: Mar 12, 2017 07:10:26 pm
      Firmino's injury was a knock against Arsenal, he picked up another injury before the game which is a groin strain. He is a doubt for the 19th now. Most likely out until April now. Separate injury you genius.

Hahaha behave Ripa. Just admit you were wrong. It was obvious Firmino was going to be absent and that Origi would replace him.

Even put Origi in my fantasy team the minute Klopp finished his presser.

Thought Migs was alright today. What he did well was he came out all game. As a keeper you either stay on your line all the time in them situations or you clear everyone out and clear the ball away. Doesn't matter which one so much (it helps if he does come) as long as defenders know which one he was doing and he kept doing it.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #494: Mar 12, 2017 07:11:55 pm

You're one step away from the Trump standard 'FAKE NEWS! SAD!'. You've got the spelling so why not go there?!  :f_tongueincheek:
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #495: Mar 12, 2017 07:14:50 pm
      You're one step away from the Trump standard 'FAKE NEWS! SAD!'. You've got the spelling so why not go there?!  :f_tongueincheek:
      Copied and pasted from Physioroom.
      R Firmino
      Groin Strain

March 19, 2017
      Slight Doubt

Yesterday it said knock and 12th.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,328 posts | 773 
      Reply #496: Mar 12, 2017 07:16:00 pm
      Very poor first half, but at least three points secured, with Can's strike. Must improve for the visit to Man City.
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #497: Mar 12, 2017 07:18:17 pm
      One here. In the first half he was woeful. Unproved slightly in the second and scored a good goal, but he is not good enough for Liverpool. Simple.

Another one here? How he can have the cheek to be holding out for double what he's getting now I don't know!!! First half he was absolutely sh*te,gave the ball away so many times I lost count. sh*t out of a few tackles yet he scores the winner and some people think that's ok? He's not a Liverpool player 😡Granted I'm made up we won but F**k me if we play like that next week it'll be a telephone number defeat.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #498: Mar 12, 2017 07:32:31 pm
      One here. In the first half he was woeful. Unproved slightly in the second and scored a good goal, but he is not good enough for Liverpool. Simple.

This pretty much sums it up.  He's been wretched this season, has done very little in general in his time with us, and was pretty much woeful the entire game, but he scores one decent goal and suddenly he's proved all his doubters wrong?  Huh?

David Ngog scored the occasional goal for us, too, I suppose we should've locked him down to a long term contract as well.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #499: Mar 12, 2017 07:36:49 pm

Bit surprised there's not a slot to vote for Bobby to be honest.

You shouldn't be Mick, Bobby was not playing ;D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #500: Mar 12, 2017 07:41:56 pm

Did you watch the same game as I did?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #501: Mar 12, 2017 07:42:58 pm

Firmino's injury was indeed due to the Arsenal game in which Klopp mentioned in his press conference and that he was not sure if he would be available vs Burnley.

So, according to you, he picked up another injury that occurred either in Friday or Saturday's session and is a doubt for City? Source?

Oh, and my jab at you was because you called people out for using Klopp as the source rather than the Physioroom...genius ;)
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #502: Mar 12, 2017 07:44:10 pm

One here. He gets a 5 out of 10 from me even with the goal. Did everything wrong apart from one kick of the ball. Good to see it go in, but doesn't wipe out the rest of that performance.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,627 posts | 2161 
      Reply #503: Mar 12, 2017 07:44:30 pm
      Something I have noticed is that when we drop off and defend deeper our three up top play too narrow we don't get across quickly enough to prevent crosses. I'd like to see Jürgen switch to 4-4-1-1 during the latter part of games when we are defending a lead.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #504: Mar 12, 2017 07:47:52 pm
      Copied and pasted from Physioroom.
      R Firmino
      Groin Strain

March 19, 2017
      Slight Doubt

Yesterday it said knock and 12th.

You remind me of that interview earlier in the week when the guy gets interrupted mid flow by his kids coming in the room because the nanny has taken her eye off them.

Someone, somewhere has let you loose.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #505: Mar 12, 2017 07:49:05 pm
      I won't turn this into the Mignolet thread, 0% saves and 100% conceded isn't completely right either. If you can give Mignolet credit for shots off target, then boast away he was outstanding. For your information, Mignolet did do something wrong. He watched the ball as if in slow motion and didn't close a player down that was about one yard away. ANY good keeper would have came off the line. He was 1-2 seconds late running towards the scorer after the first Burnley player didn't make contact, which is a lot of time in that situation.

Behave yourself, the defence lost him. Whether the goalie advanced or not he was through with a golden opportunity and 9 times out of 10 in that situation the ball ends up in the onion bag.

Quick Reply