Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Are LFC genuinely interested?

Yes we are ready to go head to head to sign him
      49 (44.1%)
      No, it's PR spin
      62 (55.9%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Virgil Van Dijk (Southampton)

Read 265906 times
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: Virgil Van Dijk (Southampton)
      Reply #1265: Jul 07, 2017 11:59:11 pm
      They are so stupid they don't even realize they'd be paving the way for us to sign him.....:lmao: clueless, bitter fools.

Truthfully, can you see a top player choosing to play at that club?

I hear they're planned new stadium down on the docks is literally next to a sewage treatment plant, so at least the club and that smell can form a symbiotic relationship.
      « Last Edit: Jul 08, 2017 12:45:07 am by AZPatriot »
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1266: Jul 08, 2017 12:38:40 am
      Truthfully, can you see a top player choosing to play at that club?

I here they're planned new stadium down on the docks is literally next to a sewage treatment plant, so at least the club and that smell can form a symbiotic relationship.

He made the mistake of signing a 6 year deal with Southampton, I very highly doubt he'd make that mistake again by going to Everton where he'd be stuck in the same situation and won't be any closer to Champions League football.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1267: Jul 08, 2017 09:34:30 am
      Presumably if Everton have a bid accepted then we can just bid the same and they have to accept or unions would get involved?
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,202 posts | 1644 
      Reply #1268: Jul 08, 2017 09:36:08 am
      I'm just telling u how I think Klopp feels. He seems to have a target at each position and I'm okay with that. Klopp is a system guy and who are we to say he should get this guy or that guy? I trust Klopp. Along with we have already done and if we can land Keita and Ox and a LB that would be a great off season. Don't get me wrong, I think CB is as big a need as we have, and VVD is the best player we have been linked to. All I'm saying is get the other guys sewed up and then see if time and VVD's frustration change the Saints tune a month from now

Why the F**k would they sell him for less. He's on a 5 year contract and doesn't seem intent on pushing for a move.

If you trust Klopp then surely you trust his judgement and he wants VVD at 70mill then F***ing get him in or at least put a bid in instead of pissballsing it as we do in all our F***ing transfers.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,215 posts | 1104 
      Reply #1269: Jul 08, 2017 02:39:26 pm
      Ouch rush me to the burns unit... playing to the gallery already; it didn't take you long. 😂

I best be on my toes with what I post then. 😉

Haha, I hope not. I look forward to going back and forth with u. 😉

TBH though u and I want the same thing, for the club the deviate from their tight and frugal ways and spend money on quality players. The fans deserve it and it will help us win going forward. Isn't that the name of the FSG? I hope we make a big splash this window, even if it means going quiet the next few. Let's win a 🏆 BBB

What do ya say?
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1270: Jul 08, 2017 06:07:17 pm
      Haha, I hope not. I look forward to going back and forth with u. 😉

TBH though u and I want the same thing, for the club the deviate from their tight and frugal ways and spend money on quality players. The fans deserve it and it will help us win going forward. Isn't that the name of the FSG? I hope we make a big splash this window, even if it means going quiet the next few. Let's win a 🏆 BBB

What do ya say?

No problem buddy. We'll agree on most things and disagree on a few.

In the meantime I have been working on my getting my filter back to speed after my stroke... nearly F***ing there. 😁
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1271: Jul 08, 2017 10:46:02 pm
      Mirror reporting that VvD has told Southampton that "he only wants Liverpool" although I must be blind to the quote as I couldn't find it. Also suggesting that "someone high up" at Anfield has said that Klopp is happy with how transfers are going and we're going to need patience.

Who that person "high up" is anyone's guess.

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1272: Jul 08, 2017 10:53:23 pm
      Mirror reporting that VvD has told Southampton that "he only wants Liverpool" although I must be blind to the quote as I couldn't find it. Also suggesting that "someone high up" at Anfield has said that Klopp is happy with how transfers are going and we're going to need patience.

Crouch?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1273: Jul 08, 2017 10:53:39 pm

Some guy who likes big cigars.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1274: Jul 08, 2017 10:56:26 pm

Either that or one of his family:

:f_tongueincheek:
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #1275: Jul 08, 2017 11:38:17 pm

Luke the person who is high up is probably tied to the top of the flag pole.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1276: Jul 08, 2017 11:40:34 pm

If it's Michael Edwards, best place for him. :D
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,482 posts | 3436 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1277: Jul 08, 2017 11:44:51 pm

The tea lady
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #1278: Jul 08, 2017 11:46:02 pm
      If it's Michael Edwards, best place for him. :D

Just imagine Edwards up the pole on match day.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1279: Jul 08, 2017 11:46:38 pm
      Just imagine Edwards up the pole on match day.

I'd open a rotten fruit shop nearby if he was.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Reply #1280: Jul 09, 2017 12:17:54 am

With a noose hopefully Billy.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,400 posts | 6408 
      Reply #1281: Jul 09, 2017 02:06:45 am

Saw it too bud. Although my answer to that is, just put in a transfer request.

Or is this our club leaking info again trying hard to get in real trouble for tapping up.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1282: Jul 09, 2017 02:27:30 am
      Saw it too bud. Although my answer to that is, just put in a transfer request.

Agree completely.

Had to laugh after seeing that Mirror article stating that 'reports in Holland suggest VvD is considering handing in a transfer request', that within minutes had evolved to he had already handed in a transfer request.

Who knows one day we may be able to use the patterns of embellishment to decipher the original versions of some of the stories we hear now. Until then we're stuck with having to sift through the mountains of bullshit that gets thrown at us during silly season. Speaking of which, not funny mentioning Suarez the way you have.... Suarez and Klopp, to me they were made for each other.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,400 posts | 6408 
      Reply #1283: Jul 09, 2017 03:14:15 am
      Agree completely.

Had to laugh after seeing that Mirror article stating that 'reports in Holland suggest VvD is considering handing in a transfer request', that within minutes had evolved to he had already handed in a transfer request.

Who knows one day we may be able to use the patterns of embellishment to decipher the original versions of some of the stories we hear now. Until then we're stuck with having to sift through the mountains of bullshit that gets thrown at us during silly season. Speaking of which, not funny mentioning Suarez the way you have.... Suarez and Klopp, to me they were made for each other.

Suarez and Klopp could win the title by themselves.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1284: Jul 09, 2017 03:51:23 am
      Speaking of which, not funny mentioning Suarez the way you have.... Suarez and Klopp, to me they were made for each other.

Thats straight out of Leftfield Luke  ;D   .....   but a good tangent for the thread .

I hope to f**k we put a first call "buy back" clause in the sale contract with Barca ... or do we still do those things these days ?
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1285: Jul 09, 2017 08:46:07 am
      Suarez and Klopp could win the title by themselves.
      Well... we have been suggesting stuff like that since Jürgen came here, to be fair.

Great manager + great players = titles galore. 😎
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1286: Jul 09, 2017 09:05:38 am
      Not much happening in here so something to mull over?

Let's say -
      1: VvD hands a transfer request in.
      2: He couples that with a statement that he "only wants" Liverpool.

What difference would that make to a club which is reportedly properly pissed off at us?

Why would they renege on the silence our grovelling apology bought?

Would they really just accept their lot [and less money than they'd get in an open market] without a fight?

Any thoughts?

-------------------------------------------

On a side note... if we end up going down the list [real or imagined] to settle on a cheaper 'gamble' - I hope Alfie Mawson is on there. 😊
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1287: Jul 09, 2017 09:13:38 am
      Is Michael Edwards the new Ian Ayre? Aka our go to fall guy when we fail to land transfers?

I'd be more inclined to blame the culture of the club rather than one man, even if on this particular occasion he's been daft.

One thing is for sure that apology to Southampton was one of the more pathetic displays the club has landed on us in recent years.

Ooooh sorry!

Quick Reply