Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Are LFC genuinely interested?

Yes we are ready to go head to head to sign him
      49 (44.1%)
      No, it's PR spin
      62 (55.9%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Virgil Van Dijk (Southampton)

Read 266914 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,421 posts | 6419 
      Re: Virgil Van Dijk (Southampton)
      Reply #2714: Aug 31, 2017 06:59:35 pm
      100 for VVD ? The whole footballing world would be laughing at us. We're not being fu**ed over by the Saints. 70 mil is us being far too generous.

Yea because no one is laughing at us getting told on by Soton and then summarily told to eff off by them, only for us to apologize and turn tail. :roll:
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2715: Aug 31, 2017 06:59:48 pm
      It is what it is.....really hard time seeing how those 4 CB's are going to see us through a season.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2716: Aug 31, 2017 07:01:18 pm
      Screw 70....we've just sold Sakho  for 26m...I'd offer them 100 and dare them to refuse  it. You want a show of intent by the club to the world that we are not messing about...that would do it.
      it's not a good idea, because everytime we try to get a new defender teams would hold out for 100m.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2717: Aug 31, 2017 07:01:20 pm
      Can understand Soton not selling him -just like us with Coutinho-, what I don't get is that why on Earth wasn't a bid submitted.

If you're interested in something, even if its not for sale, the least you can do is make a bid, worst case scenario it gets turned down.

It's kinda like liking a a hot girl but never asking her out because she'll probably say no.

Difference between VVD and Coutinho situation is we will look to use Coutinho still and get him back playing. Where as Saints seem quite happy to just have him training by himself for the season and not playing just because they don't want to sell to us again.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #2718: Aug 31, 2017 07:01:23 pm
      But Saints signed Hoedt for around 18 mil, i thought he was signed to replace VVD. I'm still wondering what happened to this deal that Saints are even refusing 70 mil ? Maybe they think we mugged them with Mane, Clyne and Lallana.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,244 posts | 1226 
      Reply #2719: Aug 31, 2017 07:01:49 pm
      Screw 70....we've just sold Sakho  for 26m...I'd offer them 100 and dare them to refuse  it. You want a show of intent by the club to the world that we are not messing about...that would do it.

Thing is, they blatantly will sell at some point. It's not as though he's crucial to them achieving anything major, because they simply aren't good enough to be in with a shout of anything other than a top ten finish and a shot at the domestic cups. There is no wider principle they are standing for, whatever they may say. They just want a big chunk of cash for a top class player. Fair enough. So what the f*ck are we waiting for?
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #2720: Aug 31, 2017 07:02:01 pm
      It is what it is.....really hard time seeing how those 4 CB's are going to see us through a season.

It isn't really 4 CB,s either cos Klopp only played Gomez there pre season the rest of the time he's played full back.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2721: Aug 31, 2017 07:03:47 pm
      It isn't really 4 CB,s either cos Klopp only played Gomez there pre season the rest of the time he's played full back.

I would imagine that when Clyne is fit that will also end..he's playing him at FB so Trent doesn't get burned out and it's also good for his progression....he's a CB.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,012 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #2722: Aug 31, 2017 07:08:48 pm
      Difference between VVD and Coutinho situation is we will look to use Coutinho still and get him back playing. Where as Saints seem quite happy to just have him training by himself for the season and not playing just because they don't want to sell to us again.

That's true, but I believe we made it too easy for them by not even submitting a bid.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #2723: Aug 31, 2017 07:10:33 pm
      Very surprised that nobody else have even tryed to sign him.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,421 posts | 6419 
      Reply #2724: Aug 31, 2017 07:16:06 pm

Well supposedly they knew that if they bid, we'd just come in and outbid them and he wanted to come to us.
      Redangel

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #2725: Aug 31, 2017 07:26:34 pm
      This is the one that really got away, and the one we needed the most. It looks like we really messed this one up. The only good thing, is that at least he is staying put and not going to a top 4 rival! Maybe January.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #2726: Aug 31, 2017 07:26:49 pm

Got a feeling City will cos they arent signing Sanchez, and if they sell Mangala, they are left with 3 - including Kompany who has a questionable injury record.. unless they are planning to use Fernandinho as another option given their strength in midfield
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #2727: Aug 31, 2017 07:27:27 pm
      I guess when we "ended our interest" all those weeks ago, we really did end our interest!
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #2728: Aug 31, 2017 07:32:13 pm
      A complete and utter shambles ... the likes of which only this club is capable of producing ....

The one position we need to enforce more than any other ... one player was plan a, b, c and infinity ....

We muck about for the best part of 3 months .... looking at nobody else and yet in that time fail to put in a single fu*king bid, all the while waiting for the saints to roll out the red carpet.

A complete and utter shambles and someone needs to be held accountable.

It is a joke to have nobody else as an alternative .... amateur and unaccepable.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,543 posts | 1543 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #2729: Aug 31, 2017 07:46:51 pm
      Graeme Kelly‏ @GraemeKelly1  4h
      More
       I'm away ATM, for VVD to get done it'll be a late one. #LFC
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #2730: Aug 31, 2017 07:48:21 pm
      I guess when we "ended our interest" all those weeks ago, we really did end our interest!

Would be a bit of an anti-climax if true
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2731: Aug 31, 2017 07:48:24 pm
      So we sold Sakho and have a very low netspend. No excuses if we don't put a monster bid in.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #2732: Aug 31, 2017 07:50:02 pm
      SSN say he's staying at Southampton....sky sources and all that crap.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2733: Aug 31, 2017 07:51:27 pm
      Graeme Kelly‏ @GraemeKelly1  4h
      More
       I'm away ATM, for VVD to get done it'll be a late one. #LFC

That blokes a complete blert. Been banging on about how it's a done deal all summer and then on deadline day he's nowhere to be seen.

Oh, just been confirmed that Saints will be doing no more business this summer and they've shut up shop for the night so as we already knew. This isn't happening.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #2734: Aug 31, 2017 07:55:18 pm
      That blokes a complete blert. Been banging on about how it's a done deal all summer and then on deadline day he's nowhere to be seen.

Oh, just been confirmed that Saints will be doing no more business this summer and they've shut up shop for the night so as we already knew. This isn't happening.

Interesting position VvD is going to find himself in, by all accounts Saints would have dealt with anyone but us. He's shown a lot of commitment there and my impression is that Klopp has shown the same back to him.

Both could easily accused of being naive in the face of the Saints staunch stance, I for one thought this would get done and the fact we've been left with just the 4 CBs does mean things could get thin on the ground there. Can can cover there in a pinch and I do think we'll see Gomez develop very well this season but something tells me January could easily see a CB come in, no idea if that will be VvD though (sorry for mentioning future windows :D ).
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,323 posts | 4959 
      Reply #2735: Aug 31, 2017 07:55:46 pm

Yep.

Has a weird clique that seem to follow him and hang on his every word.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,224 posts | 4418 
      Reply #2736: Aug 31, 2017 07:57:35 pm
      Yep.

Has a weird clique that seem to follow him and hang on his every word.

70000 idiots who then go crazy when their sage doesn't deliver.

People are odd.

Quick Reply