Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Are LFC genuinely interested?

Yes we are ready to go head to head to sign him
      49 (44.1%)
      No, it's PR spin
      62 (55.9%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Virgil Van Dijk (Southampton)

Read 263677 times
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Re: Virgil Van Dijk (Southampton)
      Reply #2737: Aug 31, 2017 08:01:20 pm
      Interesting position VvD is going to find himself in, by all accounts Saints would have dealt with anyone but us. He's shown a lot of commitment there and my impression is that Klopp has shown the same back to him.

Both could easily accused of being naive in the face of the Saints staunch stance, I for one thought this would get done and the fact we've been left with just the 4 CBs does mean things could get thin on the ground there. Can can cover there in a pinch and I do think we'll see Gomez develop very well this season but something tells me January could easily see a CB come in, no idea if that will be VvD though (sorry for mentioning future windows :D ).

I said before the window opened that I thought we needed two so we could have bought one and still gone in for this lad in Jan or next Summer and still come out strengthened. They hurff blurffed all Summer about how they'd never sell to the evil bogey man, Liverpool but we never once tested that resolve and that's hard to take.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2738: Aug 31, 2017 08:03:45 pm
      Interesting position VvD is going to find himself in, by all accounts Saints would have dealt with anyone but us. He's shown a lot of commitment there and my impression is that Klopp has shown the same back to him.

Both could easily accused of being naive in the face of the Saints staunch stance, I for one thought this would get done and the fact we've been left with just the 4 CBs does mean things could get thin on the ground there. Can can cover there in a pinch and I do think we'll see Gomez develop very well this season but something tells me January could easily see a CB come in, no idea if that will be VvD though (sorry for mentioning future windows :D ).

It's odd and I get we did not bring any corners in early because we were showing our resolve to VVD however it was an easy case to make that we needed 2 corners and not just one.

Really thought someone like Tah or of a similar ilk would have been great to bring in and groom while being a useful back-up with or without VVD coming.

The manager has far more faith in Dejan then we imagined I guess.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #2739: Aug 31, 2017 08:05:02 pm
      Would be a bit of an anti-climax if true

I'll be gutted if we don't get him, the difference he would make would be incredible.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2740: Aug 31, 2017 08:05:10 pm
      *Graeme Kelly subtly changes his profile pic.*

Attention seeking hack c**t who is still running off the back of one lucky prediction when Brendan got sacked two years ago. F***ing moron.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,262 posts | 4934 
      Reply #2741: Aug 31, 2017 08:07:19 pm

Attention seeking hack c**t who is still running off the back of one lucky prediction when Brendan got sacked two years ago. F***ing moron.

Yep.

He 'predicted' Brendan going but in reality the world and his wife could have got that one if they went on about it enough.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #2742: Aug 31, 2017 08:07:46 pm

Have any of the ITK's (past or present) ever attempted the "it was an experiment to see if you would all believe me" defence.

I reckon plenty would actually fall for that.
      Redangel

• 8,339 posts | 1011 
      Reply #2743: Aug 31, 2017 08:08:32 pm
      At the end of the day, you have to feel for VVD, he told them in March he wanted out, they used our apparent naivety to get their way. They are now left with a very unhappy player, who has been training on his own and they somehow think they are going to integrate him into the first team again! Totally different to Coutinho who left it until the day before the start of the season to want out, leaving us with little or no time to sign a replacement.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,393 posts | 2823 
      Reply #2744: Aug 31, 2017 08:11:48 pm

Absolute bellend he is.

Sad thing is, people will be all over him and the other 'ITKs' come January again.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,976 posts | 3059 
      Reply #2745: Aug 31, 2017 08:17:37 pm
      Yep.

He 'predicted' Brendan going but in reality the world and his wife could have got that one if they went on about it enough.

I'm just getting to grips with the old Twatter.....but it is largely just entertainment so I've already made the executive and grown up decision to only believe the sh*t that suits me regardless of the credibility of the source  :confused-smiley-013:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2746: Aug 31, 2017 08:17:52 pm
      Absolute bellend he is.

Sad thing is, people will be all over him and the other 'ITKs' come January again.

Yeah he's like one of those twattish mediums - twitter's version of Clinton Baptiste.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIU4-PWRyw4
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,990 posts | 240 
      Reply #2747: Aug 31, 2017 08:20:06 pm
      I'm just getting to grips with the old Twatter.....but it is largely just entertainment so I've already made the executive and grown up decision to only believe the sh*t that suits me regardless of the credibility of the source  :confused-smiley-013:

That's the spirit and that is the purpose. It will eventually get you the White House.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,653 posts | 3920 
      Reply #2748: Aug 31, 2017 08:25:46 pm
      Absolute bellend he is.

Agreed, he knows absolutely F**k all
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2749: Aug 31, 2017 08:27:29 pm
      Transfer deadline day is a wash again.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #2750: Aug 31, 2017 08:34:47 pm
      So this summer we sold two CBs and brought in nobody.  ;D :mad:
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,440 posts | 3422 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2751: Aug 31, 2017 08:40:36 pm

Agreed, twitter meltdowns are a good way to spend an hour or two
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2752: Aug 31, 2017 08:45:22 pm
      So this summer we sold two CBs and brought in nobody.  ;D :mad:
      we don't need defenders,  10 strikers and a goalie.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2753: Aug 31, 2017 08:46:32 pm
      we don't need defenders,  10 strikers and a goalie.

Almost got away with that in 13/14.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,129 posts | 127 
      Reply #2754: Aug 31, 2017 08:46:55 pm
      Hopefully, we can mend bridges with S'ton before Crimbo, and get him in Jan.
      That would be perfect if/when we've qualified for the knockout stages of CL.
      No matter what, we just have to make do with what we have.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,393 posts | 2823 
      Reply #2755: Aug 31, 2017 08:52:10 pm
      Hopefully, we can mend bridges with S'ton before Crimbo, and get him in Jan.
      That would be perfect if/when we've qualified for the knockout stages of CL.
      No matter what, we just have to make do with what we have.

What's to say he'll even be interested anymore?

He did everything he could to force a transfer here yet we didn't even put in a bid!

I'd be fuming if I was him.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,868 posts | 165 
      Reply #2756: Aug 31, 2017 08:53:07 pm
      It strikes me that VVD agent isn't doing his Job, he wants to come here, so at least get a bid. Acting like pussies to make that apology then not go for another option, if indeed our Interest ended.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2757: Aug 31, 2017 08:56:30 pm

He did everything he could to force a transfer here yet we didn't even put in a bid!

Nah the next tin foil hat nonsense is all sorted now.

We deliberately got caught tapping him up so we wouldn't have to bid.  :lmao:
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,129 posts | 127 
      Reply #2758: Aug 31, 2017 09:00:34 pm

You maybe right chats, but he is holding out for a reason methinks.  I know we didnt put in a bid, but for some reason, he seems besotted with JK, and why were there no other bids for him?
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,129 posts | 127 
      Reply #2759: Aug 31, 2017 09:01:46 pm

You maybe right chats, but he is holding out for a reason methinks.  I know we didnt put in a bid, but for some reason, he seems besotted with JK, and why were there no other bids for him?

Quick Reply